Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's not a slur. Everdave did not use it as a slur. If other people want to use it as a slur, take that up with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

For some reason I see those cup holders in TONS of jap cars for sale at auction. Usually two right next to each other in the same car.

The ones that clip into the vents were popular then too, and had the benefit of keeping your drinks hot or cold :v:

I think they still sell the vent cup holders on Amazon or something.

Real Killer
Aug 22, 2004

Picked up my new BLACK JAP car I bought from a coworker in Las Vegas last month. 89 HJ60 he imported from Okinawa a few years back.

Home, washed and ready to guzzle diesel.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wow that thing is tits, love the way it looks with those wheels and tires, perfect size. Taking it off road?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That JAPANESE truck sits just right

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
:hellyeah:

Darchangel posted:

Ah, that explains what the chrome mast thing is on the rear bumper. some sort of fold-away CB antenna.
Those two are ridiculously clean.
Yeah like it was some sort of long-range cruiser. I do wonder where it was used, it has snow tires on it but there is not a speck of rust anywhere on the thing. I've had extremely good luck with lack of rust but it still is surprising.

InitialDave posted:

Is there a site which lists salvage cars up for auction in Japan in a similar way to these listings?

Sometimes they show up in these auctions (usually as grade '***') and that would be the only way I'd know of to look for knowingly-bad cars.

I'm still waiting on the pictures of the blue Jimny, hope it's just as nice as the AZ-1 and Pajero. Pajero has the OG floor mats in it like the Hilux! Also the AZ-1? TAA rated that interior a D. D!

edit

Real Killer posted:

Picked up my new BLACK JAP car I bought from a coworker in Las Vegas last month. 89 HJ60 he imported from Okinawa a few years back.

Rad as gently caress, I hope to get a J60 at some point but they are $$$$. A gold 5 speed HJ61 with the orange 'turbo' decals :allears:
Are we going to get more pictures?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Kaker I’d love opinions on 92-93 diesel landcruisers (the ones that look like Lexii) I am digging ones that say wagon or turbo on them but does USA want to buy a truck that looks like it was sold here (even though JAPANESE and rhd and diesel?)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I have no knowledge of the diesels, but a lot of people in the US looking for 80 series will automatically filter out the pre-93 ones in search since they got the even shittier engine, if you're thinking of resale. Maybe that doesn't matter though.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I am a filthy flipper so yes it matters 4.5 diesel v8? It may not even be I’m learning

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

everdave posted:

Kaker I’d love opinions on 92-93 diesel landcruisers (the ones that look like Lexii) I am digging ones that say wagon or turbo on them but does USA want to buy a truck that looks like it was sold here (even though JAPANESE and red and diesel?)

The bubble-J80s? $$$$$$, like anything.

https://landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1991-toyota-land-cruiser-hdj81-vx-5846/
https://landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1992-toyota-land-cruiser-hdj81-vx-1121/
https://landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1991-toyota-land-cruiser-hdj81-vx-1820/
https://landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1990-toyota-land-cruiser-hdj81-vx-2959/
https://landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1990-toyota-land-cruiser-hdj81-vx-4225/
https://landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1990-toyota-land-cruiser-hdj81-vx-5834/
https://landcruisersdirect.com/cars/1991-toyota-land-cruiser-hdj81-vx-2517/

You pay a lot, but can get a lot. People love Land Cruisers of any kind, the J80s are into classic status here in the USA now so if you roll up with a turbo diesel 5 speed manual with lockers you can swing a big return. Land Cruisers direct guys are hilarious too, poo poo has rust on it and they still crack it for massive cash. Just one source of prices of course but yes, USA wants to buy every Toyota diesel truck that exists.

BlackMK4 posted:

I have no knowledge of the diesels, but a lot of people in the US looking for 80 series will automatically filter out the pre-93 ones in search since they got the even shittier engine, if you're thinking of resale. Maybe that doesn't matter though.

We never got the diesels, and we can't import the V8 diesels yet, just the fat straight 6s. I would imagine someone looking for a USDM J80 would be stoked to find out that turbo diesel versions can be had now and would pay a premium for it. If they are already sold on a Land Cruiser then a diesel one? Fuggetaboutint.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 6, 2018

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Well poo poo I saw one today I felt like I could get at a good price but until my wire issue is cleared up I’m not bidding had the wagon stickers and sweet rear end hard tire cover on rear

Edit SHUT THE HELL UP on those links woah

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BlackMK4 posted:

Well the 91-92 had the 3FE, but then upgraded 93-97 with the 1FZ-FE right?

The 3FE had a bad heat-soak/head gasket issue.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

LeeMajors posted:

Well the 91-92 had the 3FE, but then upgraded 93-97 with the 1FZ-FE right?

The 3FE had a bad heat-soak/head gasket issue.

Yes, and the 1FZ-FE also had a cylinder 6 head gasket issue. Ask me how I know. I think mine blew up at 113k.

KakerMix posted:

We never got the diesels, and we can't import the V8 diesels yet, just the fat straight 6s. I would imagine someone looking for a USDM J80 would be stoked to find out that turbo diesel versions can be had now and would pay a premium for it. If they are already sold on a Land Cruiser then a diesel one? Fuggetaboutint.

I was more talking for ~~*SEO*~~

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 6, 2018

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

everdave posted:

In a thread about buying and selling JAPANESE cars I dont even know man are you really offended? What is wrong with this world

I'm not, no.

But people act as if it's not viewed as a slur, when it is seen as one by the people it's referring to.

"Why is it wrong to call him a fag? He's being a fag!"

It doesn't matter how you say a slur, it's still a slur. The term in the US came into widespread use when we put Japanese immigrants into camps, so it's not hard to see why it's a sensitive issue.

Get up in arms all you want, it doesn't change the way the word is viewed.

Anyway, kaker, do you know of any mass importers in FL? I saw a trailer today in Lakeland with 10 different imports on it, heading in to Tampa.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I wasn’t even talking to you I abbreviated something that some of us talk about every day man I am glad I don’t get butt hurt and need a safe space like a few of you

EDIT: if my divorce is ever finalized I’m going to see a JAPANESE friend in JAPANLAND and I will ask him if I am super horrible (and also ask black friends from high school lol I am joking oh my god please know I am
Joking) not about the JAPAN thing though

everdave fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 6, 2018

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

everdave posted:

I wasn’t even talking to you I abbreviated something that some of us talk about every day man I am glad I don’t get butt hurt and need a safe space like a few of you

I quoted your post that you quoted me in.

And straight white dudes generally don't get offended by poo poo, no, unless it threatens anything they say or do.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hey guys here is a thought ready: Shut the hell up, thanks.

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm not, no.

But people act as if it's not viewed as a slur, when it is seen as one by the people it's referring to.

"Why is it wrong to call him a fag? He's being a fag!"

It doesn't matter how you say a slur, it's still a slur. The term in the US came into widespread use when we put Japanese immigrants into camps, so it's not hard to see why it's a sensitive issue.

Get up in arms all you want, it doesn't change the way the word is viewed.

Anyway, kaker, do you know of any mass importers in FL? I saw a trailer today in Lakeland with 10 different imports on it, heading in to Tampa.

Montu Motors is in Tampa so it might be them. Recognize any of the cars?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

everdave posted:

EDIT: if my divorce is ever finalized I’m going to see a JAPANESE friend in JAPANLAND

Ask about Japan's four seasons, also, get that poo poo done and past you. It is a weight off your shoulders.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KakerMix posted:

A couple of the Skylines look similar, but who knows.

It was a few Skylines, a beat, an az1, and then kei vans. Doesn't seem like they deal in them, but who knows. I've only seen maybe 2 Japanese imports here so it was super weird to see going down the road.

Real Killer
Aug 22, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Wow that thing is tits, love the way it looks with those wheels and tires, perfect size. Taking it off road?

Thanks, Tires are 285/75R16, This is as close as its come to offroading yet.

Its mainly a weekend ride now until i can get a proper garage built that it will fit in so i can start working on it.
Only has about 150k miles on it and is in really good shape but that 30 years old suspension is pretty shot and
the engine is overdue for a valve adjustment. Right now trying to figure out why the hell the tail lights won't
turn off, hoping its just a bad relay in the keyless entry system that was added to flash the lights on locking.
PO said the alarm guys had a lot of issues installing on a 24V system.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Holy smokes that Far East truck looks amazing!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Jesus Christ those prices, I don't get it. Must be a lot of fanbois running around with disposable cash if that's what those cars have been going for because I highly doubt any banks are giving out loans for old rear end Japanese imports.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Real Killer posted:

Right now trying to figure out why the hell the tail lights won't
turn off, hoping its just a bad relay in the keyless entry system that was added to flash the lights on locking.
PO said the alarm guys had a lot of issues installing on a 24V system.

Yikes, have fun with that.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.montumotors.com/vehicles/232/1993-mitsubishi-evolution-i-rs

That 'cage' is loving retarded

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

"""custom""'''

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Can we not do racist please

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

everdave posted:

Can we not do racist please

KakerMix posted:

:mad:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Let's nip that racism right in the cherry blossom bud, and have some California legal JDM parts! I imported a sweet JDM grille for my 323 GTX, by way of Thailand. I haven't seen the super late BF grille for sale for years, it was usually a BG thing but there are some straggler BF models like the wagon that got the new grille on the old face.

and yes thats the C4 Vette/F40 Little Tikes car bed, anyone want it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's excellent.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Real Killer posted:

Hhnnnn 60s are so so loving rad

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DJ Commie posted:

Let's nip that racism right in the cherry blossom bud, and have some California legal JDM parts! I imported a sweet JDM grille for my 323 GTX, by way of Thailand. I haven't seen the super late BF grille for sale for years, it was usually a BG thing but there are some straggler BF models like the wagon that got the new grille on the old face.

and yes thats the C4 Vette/F40 Little Tikes car bed, anyone want it?

OMG HE SAID NIP I STILLMREMWMBER WW2 BAN BAN BAN REEEE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
While the mockery is deserved and the pushback necessary, it's not really fair on KakerMix to poo poo up his thread with it.

Anyway, spent a couple of hours last night extracting chassis dollies to lend my mate for his FD shell. Should turn up this afternoon, will try to get pictures of it.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

InitialDave posted:

It's not a slur. Everdave did not use it as a slur. If other people want to use it as a slur, take that up with them.

That's not how slurs work.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Blacknose posted:

That's not how slurs work.

Wrong thread

Risky
May 18, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Tampa here and I've heard nothing good about that place.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

BlackMK4 posted:

Yes, and the 1FZ-FE also had a cylinder 6 head gasket issue. Ask me how I know. I think mine blew up at 113k.

Ah. I’ve never owned an 80 but I thought the revamped straight 6 was to remedy the issue. That loving sucks.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I've noticed that quite a few straight sixes seem to go at the back end of the engine. I've often wondered if a supplemental electric coolant pump at that end could help, if the issue is lack of circulation causing hot spots.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

InitialDave posted:

I've noticed that quite a few straight sixes seem to go at the back end of the engine. I've often wondered if a supplemental electric coolant pump at that end could help, if the issue is lack of circulation causing hot spots.

Yeah it’s an issue on the 4.0 Jeep motor too I think.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Risky posted:

Not surprised, a couple of guys starting a business to take advantage of the inflated Skyline market and they will be out of business when the bubble bursts. You know it's bad when 4 door NA skylines are selling for 10k, it's just a matter of time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Risky posted:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Not surprised, a couple of guys starting a business to take advantage of the inflated Skyline market and they will be out of business when the bubble bursts. You know it's bad when 4 door NA skylines are selling for 10k, it's just a matter of time now.

I do get the distinct feeling from them (in their website, descriptions of vehicles) that they don't have any passion or care in what they do. It's also what makes me super apprehensive about doing anything on that side of sports/gt cars because everyone is doing that.

EDIT
This AZ-1 I posted earlier:

KakerMix posted:

Not Crown related but something we can see in real-time!

This AZ-1 sold 6920 bucks at auction. Guess what I just found?

If we use my assumed-costs and apply the $3000 tax for making it legal in the USA (it will not cost them that much but lets keep the number anyway) then they should be into this for $10000. They are based in Tampa too so I know they are going to Jacksonville. Wonder what they are going to charge.

They want $17000!

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 6, 2018