Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MarquetteKing/status/1004122515520700418?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Miami isn't, the rest of it extremely is

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

indigi posted:

The dividing line is Orlando.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1006256765867044865?s=20

Amari Cooper on that Kelvin Benjamin diet

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hey that's a pretty in shape body.

If you're a 43 year old dad.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
That's what happens when your daily meals are ten big macs and a bucket full of HGH

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Sound on about the percentage of the menu at McDonald's that Amari Cooper orders daily.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

indigi posted:

Palm Beach County and below on the east coast. Everything else is southern AF

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1006637950153740295

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Even Gruden can recognize absolute trash with no redeeming qualities and no hope of success when he sees it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Play posted:

Even Gruden can recognize absolute trash with no redeeming qualities and no hope of success when he sees it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGJZ4gvE5JE

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Volkerball posted:

I hope he catches more than a season ban. Some footballs would be nice.

https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1007473778861805569?s=19

poo poo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

who ever could have seen that coming

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

who ever could have seen that coming
Oakland is the place to be for rehabilitation.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1007602349270061056

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Happy Fathers Day y'all

https://twitter.com/AwardsDarwin/status/1008340165855731712

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1009613456851390464?s=19

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1009615217016258560?s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Posting this here just because I know it will annoy kiimo.

quote:

Drew Lock, senior quarterback, Missouri

He reminds me of: I see a lot of similarities to Patrick Mahomes when he was coming out of Texas Tech. Both guys have big arms and move around really well. They can extend plays with their athleticism and fit balls into tiny windows. However, like Mahomes, Lock needs to be more judicious with the football and cut down on the mistakes that are a result of overaggressiveness.

For what it's worth the only real similarities I see between the two are they both like to throw deep. Lock's arm is fine and just based on strength could be an NFL arm easily enough, but it isn't in Mahomes league. And the decision making even compared to Mahomes at Tech under constant pressure seems way worse.

He'll likely be drafted though, whether it's mid-late rounds or earlyish depends on a whole lot of stuff to come.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 21, 2018

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Drew Lock is not that good, but he comes from the town I live in and his parents own one of the bars I like to drink in, so whatever, I guess we'll have a... (who needs a quarterback? The Broncos?) bar in town.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah the thing about Mahomes is he had a dogshit line and still managed to only throw 10 picks in 591 attempts for 65.7%. His "bad decisions" are so overrated because he was asked to basically score on every drive if they had a chance at even being competitive in games. Their defense was historically bad.

Drew had 385 attempts and 12 picks at 58.2%. I kind of like him, though. But yeah Mahomes has weird qualities that are completely unique to him and like...Aaron Rodgers, maybe Roethlisberger. He can throw accurately at any time whether he's in the middle of getting sacked or in the middle of his stride where technically neither foot is on the ground. I don't think Lock is anything like that.

Mahomos 4 life

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mahomos lol I like it

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Drew Lock is way more erratic with the football than Mahomes.

Way too much hype around Lock, who I expect will have a letdown year with Derek loving Dooley as his coordinator.

Would be Jay Cutler if anything.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kiimo posted:

Yeah the thing about Mahomes is he had a dogshit line and still managed to only throw 10 picks in 591 attempts for 65.7%. His "bad decisions" are so overrated because he was asked to basically score on every drive if they had a chance at even being competitive in games. Their defense was historically bad.

Drew had 385 attempts and 12 picks at 58.2%. I kind of like him, though. But yeah Mahomes has weird qualities that are completely unique to him and like...Aaron Rodgers, maybe Roethlisberger. He can throw accurately at any time whether he's in the middle of getting sacked or in the middle of his stride where technically neither foot is on the ground. I don't think Lock is anything like that.

Mahomos 4 life

Also literally throwing curve balls through coverage gaps, can't forget that.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I mean, just a thought here. What if he's bad

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Blitz7x posted:

Then he'll be bad in spectacularly entertaining fashion and I will ride this hype train straight into the ground and to hell.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

See what Andy did with Kevin Kolb if you'd like to know.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

LiquidFriend posted:

See what Andy did with Kevin Kolb if you'd like to know.

Kolb would've been pretty ok in Arizona if he didn't throw behind the worst o-line ever. Even the 2012 Chargers had a better one than that sorry mess.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blitz7x posted:

Then we can make fun of all the Chiefs fans here for thinking he's the Second Coming

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If the Chiefs had anyone besides Andy Reid, I'd be nervous.

I expect him to lose some games in bad fashion until he has a full year under his belt before he'll really be good.

After that, I expect them to waste his cheap years than flounder in mediocrity because Chiefs. Mix in some stupid forward progress bullshit.

I think Pat being good but not accomplishing a loving thing would be the most torturous result for Chiefs fans.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I’ve been waiting my whole life to overhype a QB. I’m happy even if he spectacularly fails because they actually tried

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I’ve been waiting my whole life to overhype a QB. I’m happy even if he spectacularly fails because they actually tried

I've been the lowest Chiefs fan here on Mahomes just since I think he'll struggle early since damned near all young quarterbacks do (Christ if I said that at Arrowhead pride or somewhere they'd kill me). But if he never does another thing in the NFL he's already a success since I'll never have to hear that "Todd Blackledge is the last Chiefs' drafted quarterback to win an NFL game" again.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/GipsySafety/status/1014522169513140225

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Wouldn't have taken Elway for a Rick and Morty fan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

look at that goofy gently caress

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
:bignews: Many people are saying that this is the best Broncos lineup since '97 & '98. :speculate:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It's not even the best Broncos line up in 5 years, but okay.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's definitely the best Broncos lineup in the last two years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sports radio in Denver is the worst

• Locked thread