Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Landslide. :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Watching Japanese players while having Chrome auto-translate the Twitch chat is amazing.

JP peeps are talking about the method of Awakening Titan, where you have to arrange three puddles so he's standing in one of them, and they're starting to mess with the English speakers with funny ways of describing it. So a bunch of english speakers are confused by the "tea bubble stew" method and other silliness.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
(titan's woke ability is double casting instant landslides without indicators :allears:)

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulIgnorantPandaDoritosChip

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

This keeps getting funnier and funnier. Can't wait to see what's in store when people actually reach Ultima Weapon.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Thumbtacks posted:

(titan's woke ability is double casting instant landslides without indicators :allears:)

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulIgnorantPandaDoritosChip

Honestly if it works the same way every time that's not the worst thing, the second landslide seemed aimed at the safe spots of the first so it's just a simple out>in movement.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Titan's back, baby.

That clip of Ifrit's Cyclone gently caress You Charge was great too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

And just like that, I've lost interest in ever doing Ultimate.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I really like that Lahabrea is a total chump in the MSQ and dies in seconds, and in Ultimate he pops out and casts doom on everyone.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Man, they were really not loving around with this one. It seems like the devs started with a general outline for the fight (Garuda -> Ifrit -> Titan -> Ultima) and then went "Okay, now let's take every single mechanic, dial them up to 11, and completely troll all the veteran players that memorized all of these fights."

It's kind of awesome that they managed to encapsulate the tradition/trope of the Final Fantasy Superboss in these Ultimate fights.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
In much more important news, the best emote in the game is now available to the masses.

i am a very smart scholar

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So as far as tanking/omnitanking - do you not meld tenacity at all? What do you meld on your gear?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

dreffen posted:

So as far as tanking/omnitanking - do you not meld tenacity at all? What do you meld on your gear?

As WAR, I meld Crit first, then Det. I don't tank on bleeding-edge content so I fill in the rest with Tenacity. The materia's really cheap.

I don't omnitank, though, sorry.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

dreffen posted:

I throw DH and Crit into all of my gear except accessories on DRK/PLD. Accessories should be Strength since they can hold it.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Tenacity is fine for prog or melding on a budget but it won't give you the highest numbers. Substats are all pretty close on tanks but the best is DH on PLD, DH or Crit on DRK and Crit + Det on WAR. If you play all tanks go Crit then Det because WAR loses way more from melding DH than the other two do melding Det.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Cool, thanks all!

WrightOfWay posted:

Tenacity is fine for prog or melding on a budget but it won't give you the highest numbers. Substats are all pretty close on tanks but the best is DH on PLD, DH or Crit on DRK and Crit + Det on WAR. If you play all tanks go Crit then Det because WAR loses way more from melding DH than the other two do melding Det.

So what if a piece I melded has extra crit but can't go over the cap with a second piece of materia, and is already capped on det?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Namazu posted:

Same.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

dreffen posted:

Cool, thanks all!

So what if a piece I melded has extra crit but can't go over the cap with a second piece of materia, and is already capped on det?

If you're mainly a warrior probably TEN or a Crit 5, otherwise DH.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Thanks!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Karasu Tengu posted:

If you're mainly a warrior probably TEN or a Crit 5, otherwise DH.

If you're playing War, and you don't have a 2.38 gcd, then you might want to put an SkS materia into it until you get down to that point.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

In much more important news, the best emote in the game is now available to the masses.

i am a very smart scholar

Yes, but have you considered:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why isn't the /eureka emote a reward from Eureka? :psyduck:

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It predated it by a couple of years.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Gally posted:

It predated it by a couple of years.

They could've added it to the treasure box loot pool, so the point stands.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I haven't done this year's gold saucer quest, but when it came out it was attached to a Brirardien murder mystery quest so its like "eureka, I've solved the case"

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

There are no brilliant insights to be gained from Eureka anyway.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
People have spent 18 hours trying to kill woke titan so I don’t know what’s different but apparently it’s very difficult

I assume it’s either instant landslides, the chain of 24 tumults, or the insane way to make him awoken

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
(wake him up)
wake him up landslide
(he can't wake up)
wake him up landslide
(save me)

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

(wake him up)
wake him up landslide
(he can't wake up)
wake him up landslide
(save me)

ftfy

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Woken Ultima's intro is just...:stare:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
What are the best melds for WHM? I've only really used materia on my main, which is BLM but I'm switching over to healing because I'm sick of DPS queues and WHM is just a green DPS anyway.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

ok WOW that is brutal as heck

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

TheHeadSage posted:

What are the best melds for WHM? I've only really used materia on my main, which is BLM but I'm switching over to healing because I'm sick of DPS queues and WHM is just a green DPS anyway.

Crit>det unless you need piety which you probably don't.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's hosed up. The part that isn't mrhappy is pretty brutal, also

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

:newlol:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So this is a Super Saiyan...

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

homeless snail posted:

:hmmyes:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Don't feel too bad, friends. They come back sooner than you think. :unsmigghh:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think Mr happy is the farthest along of any streamer so it's basically him or watching people who are several mechanics behind

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I've been watching his stream too I just wanted to make a joke okay!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Bruuuuuuutal. :rock: