Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

remusclaw posted:

Zero to hero feels great if you ever get to the hero portion before the GM or enough players burn out, resulting in a fresh round of playing a zero, rinse and repeat forever.

:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

sexpig by night posted:

Wick's real beef with them is that the rogue/thief/whatever is the most easily available and non-exhausting hard counter to the lovely dungeon design bread and butter that is 'you didn't check the doorknob, the frame, AND the keyhole so when you touch it the door explodes and teleports you into the core of the elemental plane of fire you die no save'.

Halloween Jack posted:

Wick's entire thing, as a GM, is impossible obstacles and bullshit traps.

The thief's entire thing, as a class, is bypassing obstacles and avoiding bullshit traps.

I don't understand this because he made people mad last year by claiming D&D is a Fake RPG because of the likes of Tomb of Horrors :psyduck:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

remusclaw posted:

Zero to hero feels great if you ever get to the hero portion before the GM or enough players burn out, resulting in a fresh round of playing a zero, rinse and repeat forever.
Well death being on-the-table changes how decisions are made - in 5e I feel like my players are unkillable and they know it and can take advantage of it. You get most of the gameplay benefits if the players believe they can easily die whether or not they do. Caution and avoiding combat by default seems like a fun way to play to me - if you're in a fight they either have sweet looking loot or you hosed up, but it's pretty hard to attain that naturally if players are in-practice unkillable. I don't think has to be a hero part for it to be fun - zero to wealthy zero or having-stopped-cthulhu zero sound fine to me.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 6, 2018

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

This is enough to make me feel bad, like should I reengage with my long on hiatus 1ed AD&D game where the characters at least got to around 6th or 7th level and honestly kind of felt a bit hard to challenge. I really got sick of the system in the years since then, but my Brother's are sill more excitable about that game than they are about any given "good" rpg I talk at length about.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 6, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Getsuya posted:

The concept is funnier than the execution, but I can give you a rough rundown.

The conceit is that this is an American-made RPG based on Japan called Geisha Girls with Katanas. The creator is actually just 'translating' the original version to Japanese. The rulebook is pretty short and contains a lot of margin notes from the 'translator' about things the original creators got wrong about Japan (pretty much everything).

There are only 3 stats: Technique, High-Tech, and Zen (Zen is the mystic stat that lets you know stuff and commune with Gods)

The classes are gender-locked (with a paragraph explaining how Japan is super gender-biased and there are all kinds of jobs that only either males or females can do. The translator comments that this is either a huge misconception or well-informed irony.) They are:

Male-Only:
Ninja Boy (self explanatory)
Samurai Man (mixed up with Salaryman. Works at a company for a 'Shogun' for his Salary. Cannot show cowardice. Commits harikari when dishonored)
Sumo Wrestler (self explanatory. There is a note that they only work 10 days a year.)
Ronin Fighter (a Samurai Man who is so good with his sword that the Shogun of the company gives him the title Ronin)

Female-Only:
Geisha Girl (a bard. No weapons, only a shamisen. Attacks by entertaining)
Oiran Lady (like the Samurai Man/Salaryman mix-up, this is a mix-up of 'OL' which should mean Office Lady. In this case they are presented as modern courtiers who are 'the greatest at negotiations with men'. Equipped with a hairpin.)
Kunoichi Girl (female ninja. Not as good with machines as the male version. Can only wear white or pink (boy ninjas can wear many other colors.)

Rolls are made by playing Chinchirorin (rolling 3 dice into a bowl). To get a result you need to get 2 dice of the same number, in that case the 3rd die is the actual result (ex: 2-2-4 = result of 4). If you get 3 of a kind it multiplies the result by an increasingly great amount. 123 is a critical fail, 456 is a critical success. If the dice fly out of the bowl your character has a running gag assigned to them they have to do.

Before battle you have to kneel down and touch your head to the ground (your enemies do as well). If either side fails to show politeness in this way they get a huge disadvantage during the fight. Also the number of enemies you are fighting at any point in time cannot out-number the heroes. If there are 10 enemies and 2 players, 8 enemies will wait patiently while 2 of them step forward to fight.

That's really all there is to it. A lot of the crunch you would actually need to play a game using these rules is left out, so I don't know if it would actually be playable. The point is you're not supposed to play it, you're supposed to use it as a vehicle for pretending to be weaboos who squabble about the random (false) bits of Japanese culture they know.

The replays weren't particularly funny, sadly. Mainly because it's a game meant to make Japanese people laugh, so a lot of the jokes are centered around word plays and puns that only make sense in Japanese (ex: they mistake the name for Doraemon as Doreimon and talk about how it's about slavery because dorei=slave). The only part I found universally entertaining was the number of times one of the players would go 'What!? You've never heard of <thing>!?' because that phrase would indeed come up quite a bunch anytime you get a group of weaboos together.

The (Japanese) rules are freely available online:
http://www.game-writer.com/konogoro/trpg/ggwk/rule.html

One final unique note is that this was published in a collection of indie RPGs that was released regularly back in the 90s. I don't know if it was in the same edition as this game or in another edition, but the magazine/collection also carried a Japanese Die Hard TRPG based on the first Die Hard movie.

This is amazing but doesn't go far enough. Where are the giant robots? If it's supposed to be an American anime nerd stereotype, shouldn't every woman under 60 be wearing a sailor fuku? Shouldn't every male either be a salaryman or a grizzled veteran who seen some poo poo and is secretly the master of an ancient deadly art?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Yeah for better or worse 5e is the only system I manage to get to the table a lot of the time because
A) everybody knows at least tangentially what D&D is so there's usually more buy-in from new players
B) My more experienced players are so loving sick of abandoned campaigns (and I am too) that they're way more okay with something familiar than a new system
C) similar to B, the fact that 5e makes you a little tougher and gives you a little more class options right off the bat makes it feel a lot less like they've only ever seen the first half hour of a movie, over and over, for years.

It's a pity, because there's lots of good stuff out there, but I'm fighting chronic abandoned campaign fatigue syndrome.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
People were talking about Frontline Gaming's nazi Knight in C-SPAM, and this came up

Virtual Russian posted:

Just to add to the earlier Warhammer Totenkopf Titan chat, Nazi imagery and idealization in wargames are a huge problem. Here is a link to my absolute favorite bit of nazi whitewashing.

https://us-store.warlordgames.com/collections/german-waffen-ss/products/waffen-ss-boxed-set

Germany's armed forces in World War II were arguably the best-trained, equipped and motivated of all the major powers, understandably so in a nation geared to rearmament and aggression to its neighbours. Within these powerful forces emerged another force, the Waffen-SS, who were formed initially as armed bodyguards to Adolf Hitler himself, but later became a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

Tough, often lavishly equipped and politically indoctrinated, SS troops formed over 38 divisions and numerous other regimental and battalion-sized units, totalling nearly a million men under arms. Their armoured units won many plaudits for their actions, and although relationships between regular army units and the Waffen-SS were sometimes strained, most SS units fought courageously, sometimes ferociously, against great odds until the wars end in Berlin, 1945.

There are many examples of SS troops fighting well and within the bounds of what we can call 'civilised war', but too many incidents of brutality occurred for most people's tastes

what the gently caress?

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

ProfessorCirno posted:

Wasn't he enraged that later editions made it an actual thing with actual benefits, rather then an "advantage" that just disadvantaged you?

What did Dark Sword of Bitter Lies do in early editions? In the only one I have access to, 4e, it just lets you reroll a failed roll for a void point.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wehrabooism is old as hell and extremely common dude. The fact that the invincible armies of Germany started to collapse the second they fought actual industrial powers instead doesn't prevent people from thinking that if it wasn't for Hitler's incompetence the Wehrmacht would have taken Moscow and Washington.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

There are many examples of SS troops fighting well and within the bounds of what we can call 'civilised war', but too many incidents of brutality occurred for most people's tastes

lol, that last phrase is just masterful

Ethnically-driven mass murder: it bothered some.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Trying to learn Roll20 in time for my Dungeon World one-shot, and is it just me, or is the interface kind of a pain in the rear end? It's not very discoverable and I don't quite know what I'm supposed to be doing. The character sheets in particular aren't very robust. It does a lot less for you than I expected it to, which I guess shouldn't surprise me given my experience working on web applications.

On a lark I took a look at the console and :laffo: debug statements everywhere.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 6, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I don't think it does many things at all for you, which is why I like it, I think. We don't play D&D or Pathfinder so I would hate to pay for those features. All the stuff we use it for (and I pay for Pro) it does marvelously. Fog of War, tokens, initiative, character sheets and automation, music, handouts, all of that stuff works really well. It's worth it for me to pay monthly vs having to troubleshoot poo poo every session like maptool or fantasy grounds.

We use Discord for audio because they have been having issues with their audio/video.

Edit: their tutorials and wiki are both very useful, as I recall from when I first started using it after the kickstarter

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lightning Lord posted:

I don't understand this because he made people mad last year by claiming D&D is a Fake RPG because of the likes of Tomb of Horrors :psyduck:

Well, he doesn't seem to really run a lot of D&D style games. But while the traps and locked doors in the games he runs are less literal, the game is still rigged.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Plutonis posted:

Wehrabooism is old as hell and extremely common dude. The fact that the invincible armies of Germany started to collapse the second they fought actual industrial powers instead doesn't prevent people from thinking that if it wasn't for Hitler's incompetence the Wehrmacht would have taken Moscow and Washington.
Hey, the SS were loving awesome at machinegunning unarmed old women.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Pollyanna posted:

Trying to learn Roll20 in time for my Dungeon World one-shot, and is it just me, or is the interface kind of a pain in the rear end? It's not very discoverable and I don't quite know what I'm supposed to be doing. The character sheets in particular aren't very robust. It does a lot less for you than I expected it to, which I guess shouldn't surprise me given my experience working on web applications.

Yeah it's not great.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hey Roll20 is sort of exactly what I was asking for earlier in the thread, pity it's kind of a mess, I don't think it's quite what I want. Anything else out there like it, though?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Germany's armed forces in World War II were arguably the best-trained, equipped and motivated of all the major powers, understandably so in a nation geared to rearmament and aggression to its neighbours.

One of those is right. The they got preferential treatment when it came to supplies and equipment and they were squandered because they were all poorly trained idiots who didn't know anything about anything. Himmler was a loving chicken farmer. There were all highly motivated when they were on crank, which they were most of the time.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
People often forget that the only reason World War II turned the way it did is because Europe was weary from World War I and didn't stop Hitler when they could and let Hitler build up enough that they could surprise attack. The reality is the Nazis were really stupid and the only reason we have a perception otherwise is ironically the propaganda meant to galvanise people against them.

It's an important lesson to remember. Evil doesn't need to be smart or cunning or clever. Evil just needs good people to do nothing and then they can do ungodly amounts of damage to the world.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

One of those is right. The they got preferential treatment when it came to supplies and equipment and they were squandered because they were all poorly trained idiots who didn't know anything about anything. Himmler was a loving chicken farmer. There were all highly motivated when they were on crank, which they were most of the time.

They were lavishly equipped compared to the rest of the German armed forces, because as you said they got first dibs, but to say that they were the best-equipped among all the major powers (which is what's asserted in the quote) doesn't seem quite right, considering their competition.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

gradenko_2000 posted:

They were lavishly equipped compared to the rest of the German armed forces, because as you said they got first dibs, but to say that they were the best-equipped among all the major powers (which is what's asserted in the quote) doesn't seem quite right, considering their competition.

That too depends on the time period. They start the war with all the leftover Czech and non-German kit that the army doesn't want. But soon, they build an entire parallel supply chain. So now there are factories that only build Wehrmacht weapons, and others only build SS weapons. By the late war, the ones that only build SS weapons tend to be newer and produce fancier kit.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

gradenko_2000 posted:

Initially, they had problems getting equipment because the Army didn't want to give them equipment, so the SS set up their own production lines for stuff. Which is in line with how absolutely wasteful the Nazi govt was.

A lot of Waffen-SS fans tend to gloss over the detail that there's just a small handful of SS divisions which could be described as elite (because the first three and the fifth were volunteer outfits) and by the time the war ended, there were a whole lot of SS divisions filled out with people who had been drafted, pressganged POW's and various "lets just loving do war crimes" outfits like the Dirlewanger division and the RONA division. And even those early-war elite divisions are hip deep in war crimes.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I wonder if you can get a bingo out of that description alone in wehrabingo

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It feels really good when you start out weak with combat as a last resort and then grow into something powerful. It feels more "earned" that way. You don't have to vibe or agree with that but I think it's self-evidently fathomable.

It's still confusing because in a lot of those games (mostly ones that are D&D or aim to be) you start off poo poo, and fight poo poo, and then get good and fight actual monsters. The progression is entirely illusionary because things scale up with you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

what the gently caress?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus gently caress.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

golden bubble posted:

That too depends on the time period. They start the war with all the leftover Czech and non-German kit that the army doesn't want. But soon, they build an entire parallel supply chain. So now there are factories that only build Wehrmacht weapons, and others only build SS weapons. By the late war, the ones that only build SS weapons tend to be newer and produce fancier kit.

Yeah but it's nonsense to suggest they were better equipped than the US (late war) or the all-mechanised British (EW). Unless "best equipped" means "had king tigers" which I suspect it does because that's usually the case.

EDIT: I think someone reminded me once that a big part of the fascination with wunderwaffe is that it plays out like a magic item in a fantasy novel, where only a handful of them exist and they had amazing results. The stuff the allies made with amazing results just became standardised and mass-produced, demystifying it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

spectralent posted:

EDIT: I think someone reminded me once that a big part of the fascination with wunderwaffe is that it plays out like a magic item in a fantasy novel, where only a handful of them exist and they had amazing results. The stuff the allies made with amazing results just became standardised and mass-produced, demystifying it.

Is this part even true though? Aside from the V-series rockets, pretty much every example of Nazi wunderwaffe was either a prototype that had virtually no impact on anything or never even made it that far before getting scrapped.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

spectralent posted:

Yeah but it's nonsense to suggest they were better equipped than the US (late war) or the all-mechanised British (EW). Unless "best equipped" means "had king tigers" which I suspect it does because that's usually the case.

That's pretty much it. All the comparisons are being made where a tiger and a bunch of shermans magically appear on a battlefield, and most minis wargamers are largely unconcerned with how those forces are getting to the battlefield, or how they are getting supplied, or how often they are breaking down, or how easy it is to procure replacement parts when your penisreplacementkampfwagen's gearbox finally shits the bed (which it will). Things that usually are not possible to replicate in mini wargames because you aren't zooming out enough.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Tekopo posted:

That's pretty much it. All the comparisons are being made where a tiger and a bunch of shermans magically appear on a battlefield, and most minis wargamers are largely unconcerned with how those forces are getting to the battlefield, or how they are getting supplied, or how often they are breaking down, or how easy it is to procure replacement parts when your penisreplacementkampfwagen's gearbox finally shits the bed (which it will). Things that usually are not possible to replicate in mini wargames because you aren't zooming out enough.

Truly the Campaign For North Africa was ahead of its time.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

Truly the Campaign For North Africa was ahead of its time.
I mean that's going to the other extreme to be honest. OCS has some issues (it doesn't really accommodate for non-combat-related breakdowns, or simply includes them within the replacement schedule) but overall it does a pretty good job getting some of those factors into play.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

It's a pain to deal with but the worst part of roll20 is how clunky the VTT is. Thankfully, you don't actually need to use that for Dungeon World. :v:

Most popular games have community-made sheets that players can fill in and which will let you roll the relevant stat by clicking a button on the sheet. You can access these by picking Dungeon World in the drop-down when creating your campaign.

roll20 has a wiki which should have the answers to most questions you might have.

It feels really good when you start out weak with combat as a last resort and then grow into something powerful. It feels more "earned" that way. You don't have to vibe or agree with that but I think it's self-evidently fathomable.

Sure, overcoming a challenge feels good, but having the PCs start out in a state where they're incapable of meaningfully participating in the activity the game devotes 80% of its rules by volume to is a bad way to accomplish that. You don't have to start out as a shitfarmer in order for your character to get noticeably better at combat as they level up.

If I'm playing D&D, I want combat to be something that is balanced, fun, worth doing and happens reasonably regularly. L5R is in the same boat here, since the fiction it's trying to sell involves quite a lot of combat.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 6, 2018

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Well death being on-the-table changes how decisions are made - in 5e I feel like my players are unkillable and they know it and can take advantage of it. You get most of the gameplay benefits if the players believe they can easily die whether or not they do. Caution and avoiding combat by default seems like a fun way to play to me - if you're in a fight they either have sweet looking loot or you hosed up, but it's pretty hard to attain that naturally if players are in-practice unkillable. I don't think has to be a hero part for it to be fun - zero to wealthy zero or having-stopped-cthulhu zero sound fine to me.
It might not necessarily be fear of death you want, but fear of consequences in general. The problem is that for most games, especially D&D alikes, death is the only mechanically obvious consequence. Everything mechanical bar money, equipment, and death resets after 24 hours, and taking away money and equipment is set up to be a dick move.

spectralent posted:

It's still confusing because in a lot of those games (mostly ones that are D&D or aim to be) you start off poo poo, and fight poo poo, and then get good and fight actual monsters. The progression is entirely illusionary because things scale up with you.
This stems from the same problem. In D&D if you get into a fight above your pay grade the only mechanical results are winning, running away, or dying, and most games don't even have a robust running away mechanic. There's no Pyrrhic victory option outside of "someone died", so there's a very narrow band if acceptable challenges. If fighting dragons was something you could do but substantially regret doing at level 5, but then you fought a similar dragon but more skillfully and with fewer consequences at level 10, that would be a real progression.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Splicer posted:

This stems from the same problem. In D&D if you get into a fight above your pay grade the only mechanical results are winning, running away, or dying, and most games don't even have a robust running away mechanic. There's no Pyrrhic victory option outside of "someone died", so there's a very narrow band if acceptable challenges.

One of the reasons Legends of the Wulin owns is because it has mechanics for surrendering (either demanding surrender or voluntarily giving up) and fleeing.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The just released edition of Runequest has a thing where various occupations have a listed ransom- it's how much your family will pay to have you released if you're captured in battle. The general assumption is that most intelligent (And non-chaotic- Broos aren't likely to demand ransom) beings will honor ransoms because it means they get similar treatment if the shoe's on the other foot. The ransoms are a good chunk of change, but it also means you know how much various enemies are worth if captured alive, and also how much you might have to pay in weregeld to avoid a blood feud with their family.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
WFRP3 doesn't have a formal "run the gently caress away" mechanic but its wounds and madness and mutation systems are super good. Some of the consequences of a narrow win will be sticking with you for sessions if not the entire campaign.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Is this part even true though? Aside from the V-series rockets, pretty much every example of Nazi wunderwaffe was either a prototype that had virtually no impact on anything or never even made it that far before getting scrapped.

And like stuff like the Maus and the Ratte, as incredibly badass looking as they are, would likely to be wrecked by any passing dive bomber or attacker airplane since a loving ship sized tank would move like molasses and are a giant target.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

And like stuff like the Maus and the Ratte, as incredibly badass looking as they are, would likely to be wrecked by any passing dive bomber or attacker airplane since a loving ship sized tank would move like molasses and are a giant target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzPcbmFf2qw

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

People often forget that the only reason World War II turned the way it did is because Europe was weary from World War I and didn't stop Hitler when they could and let Hitler build up enough that they could surprise attack. The reality is the Nazis were really stupid and the only reason we have a perception otherwise is ironically the propaganda meant to galvanise people against them.

It's an important lesson to remember. Evil doesn't need to be smart or cunning or clever. Evil just needs good people to do nothing and then they can do ungodly amounts of damage to the world.

There's a theory that one of the contributing factors to the collapse of France was the that the German forces didn't let up due to stimulant abuse. When you're fighting a bunch of guys tweaked out on meth, it's hard to keep up. The Allied powers also weren't running massive credit schemes to rearm themselves after WWI too.

A good deal of the early victories were due to luck, the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, and leaders not fully realizing how serious the Nazis were about the stuff they carried on about.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yeah, I guess I should have clarified but they were far from the best equipped in the world at that point, just within their own military.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Plutonis posted:

I mean there was an entire class of fighting vehicle designed to ambush or flank tanks and destroy them, I can't remember what they were called...

Kai Tave posted:

It took the Germans an absurd amount of time to realize that submachine guns are very effective at close range.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Plutonis posted:

Also, any bridge or patch of mud. And I seem to recall hearing they were heavy enough that they'd destroy any paved road you drove them on. They look cool, but were basically useless, which is a common theme with the Nazis.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ratoslov posted:

Also, any bridge or patch of mud. And I seem to recall hearing they were heavy enough that they'd destroy any paved road you drove them on. They look cool, but were basically useless, which is a common theme with the Nazis.

Maybe they could work if they had drills as propulsion or whatever the gently caress the Shagohod used in MGS3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Ratoslov posted:

IIRC the Maus was equipped with an advanced-for-its-time snorkel system to cross rivers because it would have destroyed most of the bridges it would have otherwise tried to cross