Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

Here's what I would expect from Zarg enhancements:

Archadian light gets pumped to 80% then 100%. This essentially puts it on par with Ramza/Lunara but without the healing and refresh but keeping the status immunity.

Bastion gets increased to 50% and gets a party Mp refresh. Making it basically the opposite of Marie's 'Love You All'.

Some sort of general stat buff on one of his skills. Maybe upping 'Flames of Justice' to 30/30 and 40/40 at +1 and +2 respectively.

They could toss some other small buff in there too like increasing the damage on his Word of Law skill to 3.5/4x.

Either way I'm interested to see what they do to him. I pulled him a couple months back and he's definitely in a weird spot in that he really is kind of all over the place in his skills.

edit: For anyone curious they have CG Nichol's skills up on the wiki which is much easier on the eyes than Reddit.

I agree with most of this, but I’m curious what’s going to happen to Hero Crest. I don’t really see them using enhancements to make Archadian Light just a strict and unequivocal improvement over Hero Crest. I’d kind of like to see the Illusionist Nichol treatment and turn it into a targeted provoke (which, in this case, he’d probably use on himself a lot) but that feels really pushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The problem with Hero Crest is that unless they were to turn it up into crazy territory, single target buffs just don't cut it anymore. So I'd venture that it'll have to fall by the wayside unless they add some form of combo to his kit that ends up using Hero Crest or strengthens it.

Aside from that he is just all over the place and Gumi can develop him into several direction depending upon what abilities they enchance and in what way they do.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
It's totally fine to let Hero's Crest be out paced. It's his first skill and would still fall into the ST/Less MP zone that mages have with lower level spells.

I'd also totally be on board with giving it a provoke and then some damage mitigation on top of that though.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 5, 2018

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It bothers me that he doesn't have innate dw. He uses two weapons!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Infected posted:

The problem with Hero Crest is that unless they were to turn it up into crazy territory, single target buffs just don't cut it anymore.
I agree with this entirely. That’s why I made my post

Infected posted:

So I'd venture that it'll have to fall by the wayside unless they add some form of combo to his kit that ends up using Hero Crest or strengthens it.

But not this. I don’t see them negating a skill entirely like that. Magic is the only example of a skill being directly superior and entirely obviating the previous spells but that’s specifically because they’re tiers of the same spell. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea to just act like Hero Crest doesn’t exist and plan him accordingly. Just saying that it’s very unlikely to happen based on their MO.

Provoke is just the only thing I can think of in which single target is particularly relevant. Maybe re-raise?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Dana Crysalis posted:

lazy bums, doubleposting because this is new news:

Pure Summoner Rydia 5★-6★ - Global Edition - able to DC her esper abilities

Sweet poo poo and all amaze
Well this banner was gonna be the do or die one for me anyways. Heres hoping

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Double Summon Ability was one of her 7* lv105 abilities too. I know it's ages away but it might mean she'll get a 7* buff of some sort to replace W-Summon... or maybe lv105 for her will just be her other lv105 passives but nothing new.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Finished Orochi’s TMR and my BIS Tidus is done. This will be my friend from now till Hyou...unless someone has a request for a trial or I pull a 100% bonus for Mog King.

Send me an invite if you want in on the FDTDH fun.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
That really makes me want to pull for a second Elfreeda. That’s the only thing I’m missing for that. :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, I'm trying to do the 3* Ramuh trial, and I'm having a hell of a loving time trying to get the dualcast dispel trick to work. I've got Ayaka so I'm trying to dual white dispel/dispel on Ramuh and myself respectively, but I absolutely cannot get the targeting window to appear inbetween casts. I've tried holding on a unit right after the cast starts, double tapping and holding but nothing is working for me. Am I doing it wrong, or did they patch it out or something?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I see the "Summon a unit" daily and decide to spend a ticket on a banner instead of using the lapis, click on the tank one without thinking and pop the it mashing my screen, its a rainbow, its wilhelm. Im stacked tank wise.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Ugato posted:

That really makes me want to pull for a second Elfreeda. That’s the only thing I’m missing for that. :smith:

I had two Elfreedas and did a full cycle chasing a Cloud.

I got two more Elfreedas.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So, I'm trying to do the 3* Ramuh trial, and I'm having a hell of a loving time trying to get the dualcast dispel trick to work. I've got Ayaka so I'm trying to dual white dispel/dispel on Ramuh and myself respectively, but I absolutely cannot get the targeting window to appear inbetween casts. I've tried holding on a unit right after the cast starts, double tapping and holding but nothing is working for me. Am I doing it wrong, or did they patch it out or something?

There has been some fuckery on this. I was getting the red text, and greyed out units trying to do this so I ended up Bushido Freedom-ing myself and Fingersnap/Fryevia dispel on Ramuh. I'd lose a turn technically buffing/debuffing again but it worked out.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

BGrifter posted:

I had two Elfreedas and did a full cycle chasing a Cloud.

I got two more Elfreedas.

At least you’ll be able to buy Buster Form in a month or two. Kinda leaning toward 2 at this rate considering we’re getting King’s Knight again apparently. :psyduck:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Ugato posted:

At least you’ll be able to buy Buster Form in a month or two. Kinda leaning toward 2 at this rate considering we’re getting King’s Knight again apparently. :psyduck:

I’m excited to save my tickets for a while, and during that making no changes to my raid team...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s a BAD week for Gumi. Kings Knight returns, the colab that NOBODY wanted...
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8ozvjd/gl_maintenance_rosa_6_king_knights_raid_rerun/

And Rydia just got a huge nerf:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8ozx0c/kid_rydia_cannot_dc_esper_ability/

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder who made that final decision out of Alim, Gumi or S-E. It's very odd that they were able to announce it and someone overrides that.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

hamburgers in pockets posted:

It absolutely does still work because I used it to beat both 3* Shiva and Ramuh. I find the hitbox for certain units are finicky in relation to their sprites when it comes to selecting them, which is why I find it much easier to pull off on an emulator than on my phone. It's supposed to be a long press to do it. I suggest practicing the self-select before you attack just to see which unit you can do it consistently on. Then right after you press Ayaka to cast, immediately go and self-select, don't wait to watch the animation of the first cast go off, just self-select as soon as you can. Once you have the unit selection screen open for any unit, you can navigate to a specific unit on your team by swiping if you're trying to dualcast a single target Dispel instead of Dispelga.

Ancillary Character fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 6, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
This is a real wet fart of a week to be putting on the same week of E3. Especially on the back of a mostly-rerun raid and a rerun banner.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Considering the Rosa 6* is this week, and the KK ability awakening is the 14th, Im guessing word from on high forced the kid rydia changes and they yoinked the event until they could make changes. I dont know why this would happen, but it seems to fit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think there is an equal opportunity of Gumi not being able to strip down future code and adding it to the game without breaking something as there is of them being over written by another party, hell probably overwritten by themselves

It’s not like w summon would be terribly broken with the amount of global powercreep we’ve had.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think there is an equal opportunity of Gumi not being able to strip down future code and adding it to the game without breaking something as there is of them being over written by another party, hell probably overwritten by themselves

I just had a mental picture of them hiring on the old Gazillion Marvel Heroes team to work on this game...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The worst thing coming out of this is that we're apparently not getting the FFIV banner this week. WTF, nobody cares about a loving King's Knight rerun banner and having it standalone is so loving terrible. At this rate now we're not getting CG Nichol until July?!?

Not giving out a global buff after you announced it is hilarious too. What a poo poo show.

Kheldarn posted:

I just had a mental picture of them hiring on the old Gazillion Marvel Heroes team to work on this game...

drat, I knew I remembered you from somewhere.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The truth about extended maintenance revealed. It's just the old switch flipper napping on the job.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
No matter how you slice it though, that Rydia change getting announced then yanked at apparently the last second, after they make a huge deal of it on youtube, is hilarious and depressing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I demand compensation. A ticket good for a free lap on the current stepup banner should suffice.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, in game announcements just came out for FF4 banner and Mog event.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Weren't able to get it to work right it is

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
At least with the return of this raid I can spend all the tokens I forgot to burn after the first time it came around. :confuoot:

Maybe I'll pull that maybe-useful 4* unit this time.

This needs to be an alternate boss in the FF4 Randomizer.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe I'll pull that maybe-useful 4* unit this time.

That will probably be a better TMR for Fryevia than Letters & Arms in a post 7* world when she presumably gets w-ability.

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol, in game announcements just came out for FF4 banner and Mog event.

Thank god.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 6, 2018

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Weren't able to get it to work right it is

But what's so different about W-ability for her summoner skills compared to W-ability for Lila's Martial Arts skills? It seems like it should be trivial to just tag Rydia's summoner skills the same way and make a W-ability that works off those tags.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

That will probably be a better TMR for Fryevia than Letters & Arms in a post 7* world when she presumably gets w-ability.

Yeah given her high innate equip attack that TMR would be better than most options outside or maybe nature loving spell blade

Ancillary Character posted:

But what's so different about W-ability for her summoner skills compared to W-ability for Lila's Martial Arts skills? It seems like it should be trivial to just tag Rydia's summoner skills the same way and make a W-ability that works off those tags.

I don't know anything about ffbes code but it's entirely possible that triggering 2 summons at the same time is something that's significantly different codewise than triggering two abilities.

Summons requiere a guage with a limited resources, they trigger a cutscene. It's reasonable that the groundwork just isn't in our version, gumi pulled the trigger before knowing they could do it

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 6, 2018

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Ancillary Character posted:

The problem is that normally she gets that ability with her 7* form. Atleast that is the speculation.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I could really use the Unmatched Wizardry TM dude since I never got one last time, but with my luck I’d get god drat Ray Jack #3.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Well, they're giving Kid Rydia two other GL-exclusive upgrades, so :shrug:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Ray Jack is getting GE enhancements giving him HE frames. I wouldn’t necessarily write him off until I see the enhancements. Ray Jack #3 would be pretty bad though. I’m probably going to burn a few 4* tickets trying to get the old man since he has a unique effect TMR.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Good set of TMRs on those FF4 characters. Thank god it wasn’t another week of Knight’s Knight (though I do have some 100% moogle for them).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Yang is cool. His mechanical design is :psyduck: though.

W-Ability and DW. W-Ability and no abilities worth using twice in a turn other than his chain attack move...what?

Dual-wields fists, but his event weapon is a hammer which he can randomly also use except he couldn't use them in FFIV.

200% attack skill when unarmed because I guess they liked making you pick between fists and unarmed like FFIII?

Brace a is measly 20% DEF self-buff for 3 turns when it should Defend+. It's also the only thing he can't w-ability.

On a positive note his LB is decent and cheap, but since he has no innate high tide he's not really racing to use it every turn.

I guess they figured since he's a 4* chainer they had to gimp him in every other way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nephrite posted:

Well, they're giving Kid Rydia two other GL-exclusive upgrades, so :shrug:

They'll probably jack up the damage rate just to make her relevant like they did with dragon lord. Who cares if its mechanically boring, damage is king.

• Locked thread