Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

CharlestheHammer posted:

Your not missing much Zelda felt like a tech demo rather than a game

This is almost as good as the other goon falsely claiming the world was procedurally generated.

It's ok to admit a game is not for you. I have found great restraint not making GBS threads on Yakuza, I even gave it another chance this past week with Yakuza 0. I don't enjoy it, but I don't have an agenda to tell everyone on the internet the game they enjoy is actually bad because xyz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thats loving wild

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I... am hyped for a Tetris game? What is this feeling...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Why would you ever not be hyped for a Tetris game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A new Tetris game is GOTY two years in a row, what a decade

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A new Tetris game is GOTY two years in a row, what a decade
Tetris is arguably the greatest video game of all time

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i feel bad for whoever made that trailer though cause it seems pitched for like a main stage press conference not a random twitter reveal. oh well maybe its better this way

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They revealed Tetris Effect at Sony's weird "Countdown to E3" stream thing. They're doing a stream a day until the 11th, like this thing that's only a few minutes long and has a single announcement. So it's slightly better than Twitter!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I... am hyped for a Tetris game? What is this feeling...

Do you know who else likes Tetris?

Everyone

(Cause Tetris is good :hellyeah:)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Objective truth:

DeS>BB>DS2 SotFS>DS2 Original Flavor>DS1>DS3

As someone who has platted and played the poo poo out of all six, my "opinion" can be relied upon as actual fact. It boggles my mind that so many people hate DS2. I felt like 3 was a major step backward in many respects. And Majula is the best hub area of all the games. I'll agree that the Adaptability stat was one of the worst ideas in the series, though.

Now that I think about it, I have seven Soulsborne plats. Platted DeS twice (US and European versions have separate trophy lists for some reason) and DS2 Original Flavor PS3 has a separate trophy list from DS2 Extra Crispy PS4.

I really hope they announce DeS for PS4 because it truly is the best one and the shutdown of the PS3 servers made me sad. :(

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That "opinion" can also be regarded as garbage, which it is. :thunk:

Or in Buttcoin terms:

...! posted:

Objective truth:

As someone who has platted and played the poo poo out of all six, my "opinion" can be relied upon as actual fact. It boggles my mind that so many people hate DS2. I felt like 3 was a major step backward in many respects. And Majula is the best hub area of all the games. I'll agree that the Adaptability stat was one of the worst ideas in the series, though.

Now that I think about it, I have seven Soulsborne plats. Platted DeS twice (US and European versions have separate trophy lists for some reason) and DS2 Original Flavor PS3 has a separate trophy list from DS2 Extra Crispy PS4.

I really hope they announce DeS for PS4 because it truly is the best one and the shutdown of the PS3 servers made me sad. :(

:wrong:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

...! posted:

It boggles my mind that so many people hate DS2. I felt like 3 was a major step backward in many respects. And Majula is the best hub area of all the games. I'll agree that the Adaptability stat was one of the worst ideas in the series, though.

I mean, combat is floaty as hell (fixed/undone in DS3), the animations are bad (not true of DS3), nothing you do has any impact on enemies (again, better in DS3), backstabs got nerfed to pointlessness and aren’t even any fun to do (hi DS3 again here, fixing another problem), the world is mostly flat lit with subpar detailing and a criminal lack of exploding physics objects (DS3 needs a break at this point, gestures towards Bloodborne for backup), ADP sucks and is a waste of leveling (you know what goes in here), the Soul Memory system punishes you more or less for just playing the game (“why did they even do that”, the rest of the series asks, knowing that even compared to world tendency this is a dumb system), the DLC has literally the worst area of any Souls game (gently caress those stupid deer and their double cat bosses), and probably worst of all the bosses are totally fuckin’ boring.

I guess if literally none of that bothers you, it’s flawless, but it messes up almost everything that I actually like about the Souls series in favor of... man, I don’t even know. Feeling more like Evergrace than the rest of them? I’ve tried to boil down what exactly makes it so different from the rest of the series before but I think it really is just a mountain of small changes and shifts in design focus.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
God, I just had an intense goosebumps moment slinging myself down, up and around a skyscraper in first person. This is why I play Gravity Rush!

After getting the hang of the unique traversal options each style offers, it feels great switching between them as you need (for traversal, combat's another matter). I also reenacted the Neo "Free your mind" scene in first person. Awesome! (if only there were a VR option).

Hecksville is so much better a playground than Jirga Para Lhao. When I felt something was off or missing in the experience, I didn't think to consider it was the environment itself. I'm so happy they included it.

Also, game, maybe you could have told me there was going to be use for those redundant talismans I was deleting.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Dewgy posted:

I mean, combat is floaty as hell (fixed/undone in DS3), the animations are bad (not true of DS3), nothing you do has any impact on enemies (again, better in DS3), backstabs got nerfed to pointlessness and aren’t even any fun to do (hi DS3 again here, fixing another problem), the world is mostly flat lit with subpar detailing and a criminal lack of exploding physics objects (DS3 needs a break at this point, gestures towards Bloodborne for backup), ADP sucks and is a waste of leveling (you know what goes in here), the Soul Memory system punishes you more or less for just playing the game (“why did they even do that”, the rest of the series asks, knowing that even compared to world tendency this is a dumb system), the DLC has literally the worst area of any Souls game (gently caress those stupid deer and their double cat bosses), and probably worst of all the bosses are totally fuckin’ boring.

I guess if literally none of that bothers you, it’s flawless, but it messes up almost everything that I actually like about the Souls series in favor of... man, I don’t even know. Feeling more like Evergrace than the rest of them? I’ve tried to boil down what exactly makes it so different from the rest of the series before but I think it really is just a mountain of small changes and shifts in design focus.

*nods understanding.

Whispers "powerstance"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bombadilillo posted:

*nods understanding.

Whispers "powerstance"

Whisper falls on deaf ears as I left the room 15 minutes ago

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Whisper falls on deaf ears as I left the room 15 minutes ago

:thunk:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i like all the souls games, they are all fun with their own styles and quirks and i am looking forward to having fun in bloodborne for the first time, soonish.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DS2 is tied with DS1 for favorite for me, then Demon's, then DS3, then BB. Somewhere down the line is Nioh. Somewhere in the trash is Lords of the Fallen.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bombadilillo posted:

*nods understanding.

Whispers "powerstance"

*holds one knife slightly sideways, fancy swing*

*still makes the same dull thunk sound as always as the enemy stands still momentarily, vaguely suggesting slight discomfort*

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dewgy posted:

*still makes the same dull thunk sound as always as the enemy stands still momentarily, vaguely suggesting slight discomfort*

That's the whole series

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RBA Starblade posted:

That's the whole series

If you’re blind, sure.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think I enjoyed Dark Souls 2's bosses more than 3's because From figured out sometime after Bloodborne that everyone's favorite boss type was the 1v1 duels (i.e. Artorias, Maria) so they made like every other boss in 3 a duel against A Guy with a Gimmick.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dewgy posted:

If you’re blind, sure.

Which in the series does not have enemies flinch slightly and get locked once their poise breaks while you attack until their armor or breakpoint kicks in?

e: I know it's not Bloodborne because that's how I killed Micolash.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

...! posted:

Objective truth:

If you replace swap DS3 with DS2 and Scholar, then yes.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RBA Starblade posted:

Which in the series does not have enemies flinch slightly and get locked once their poise breaks while you attack until their armor or breakpoint kicks in?

e: I know it's not Bloodborne because that's how I killed Micolash.

It’s common in the whole series but DS2 is by far the worst about it, and I specifically mean the animation. “Flinch slightly” is vastly overselling what they do in Dark Souls 2, which is less a dedicated pain animation like the rest and more like someone just wiggled one of the main IK bones back and forth a tiny bit.

It’s funny that you mention Micolash because there’s a prime example of how the other games do that properly. You thrash the poo poo out of him, he gets smacked around visibly, and there’s blood everywhere. If that fight was in DS2 you’d barely even know you were hitting him until he ran out of HP and then swirled away in a white cloud.

trevordk
Jan 21, 2016
Anyone read that Nerd Mag leak on the Death Stranding trailer/info?
Interesting stuff if true, here's the main spoilery bit:

Tons of weapons, vehicles, gadgets and gear from multiple era's, from clubs to single shot muskets to energy swords.

The baby is something that exists as a singular, it is not something that is instanced each time you boot up the game. The baby is a single entity. He is what is causing the time distortions and dimensions crossing over, which is multiplayer.

When the community has reached the end of the game, there will need to be a global decision made to kill the baby and end DS multiplayer forever, or allow it to live and continue the multiplayer experience.

Players in other games can do things at certain points in time that will have a butterfly effect in your game, this can happen both while you are actively playing or while the game is off. They can be positive or bad things (Stick or rope)

PVP can happen at any point if you and another player accidentally cross timelines while time traveling.

When you die that timeline is closed forever, significant things that encapsulate that Sam's story in that timeline will travel with you to the ocean floor before you re-emerge and continue in a new timeline. As you and other players pollute the ocean, it will cause sea-life to die and wash up on shore.

Early 2020 - Game got delayed internally.

yes it will be on PC at an undecided time after the PS4 release. Likely not for at least 12 months.

Sony wants it exclusive entirely, minimum contractual obligation is a year though. Well see after that. None of that is set in stone ye

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dewgy posted:

It’s common in the whole series but DS2 is by far the worst about it, and I specifically mean the animation.

Oh, gotcha. Since you mentioned the blood that's another part that DS3 sucked more at; it's just some ash. You get real filthy in BB.

quote:

Interesting stuff if true, here's the main spoilery bit:

That baby's dead as hell

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh, gotcha. Since you mentioned the blood that's another part that DS3 sucked more at; it's just some ash. You get real filthy in BB.

DS3 actually shows you getting splattered by all kinds of stuff, but they made it fade out instead of being permanent until death or warping, which was I admit totally a miss. :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dewgy posted:

DS3 actually shows you getting splattered by all kinds of stuff, but they made it fade out instead of being permanent until death or warping, which was I admit totally a miss. :smith:

I didn't notice that at all! That's neat.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That info from the Death Stranding leak makes me feel like I missed a previous leak that provides context for all of that

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

That info from the Death Stranding leak makes me feel like I missed a previous leak that provides context for all of that

don't read leaks for kojima games, friend, let games wash over you.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Right, I played the tutorial and the first mission of X-COM 2(Which is still part of the tutorial, I guess) and this game is wonky in weird ways, as if it was made in the mid2000s or so. When it's your turn to move there is a couple of seconds where nothing happens and you wonder what's going on before regaining control, there are moments that are like someone is scratching the disk and the audio is cut or there's screen tearing, one of my soldiers was killed and her body ragdolled on the floor for the rest of the mission and the often reported long loading times. It's so strange they have never bothered to fix these issues, the code can't possibly be that broken, could it?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

also please spoiler tag all death stranding leaks, thank you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

xcom 2 was supposedly super busted at launch on pc so I'm not surprised it's still wonky now on a platform they didn't even intend to release it on at first

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Most of the super-bustedness of XCOM2 on PC at launch was LOS being mostly broken leading you to get shot at through walls and also the last level taking a huge poo poo because the game has memory issues, but afaik the console versions are megafucked and mostly barely functional.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Re: death stranding

Those are "leaks" alright... out of someone's rear end!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Death Stranding leak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkcNLtn2gtk

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
As someone who has played a lot of Xcom 2 on the PS4, the base game has more issues than your average PS4 game but it is still very much playable and I highly recommend it to anybody interested in giving it a go,. The only serious issues are ocasional crashes, so I advise regularly saving your progress.

The War of the Chosen DLC is another matter entirely. It's a great DLC and it is very much worth playing because it does add a lot of unique features to the game, but the game is a broken, janky mess during the battles. The pathfinding is atrocious in any map with lots of buildings or floors, plus the crashes are much, much more constant.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
So the normal game only crashes occasionally but the DLC crashes constantly, got it. Glad I got this for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope all those rumored leaks about Death Stranding are true so that I can stop paying attention to Death Stranding.