Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

For twelve years you have been asking: Who is Dark Souls? This is Dark Souls speaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

CascadeBeta posted:

My one gripe about the pro controller is I actually think the dpad is really bad. It's super mushy and doesn't feel like you're making concrete inputs.

I inadvertently fixed this by modding mine to fix the "unintended inputs" problem -- the pivot point in the center of the D-pad isn't tall enough. Just a few little square layers of tape placed over the pivot point raises the D-pad the slightest amount and makes it feel much more solid and clicky. Too much tape raises it too much and makes it feel way too stiff and difficult to use; just something that takes a little trial and error.

Everyone from the last page who have lovely D-pads that trigger wrong inputs, do this, it works.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Bought a switch for my gf and zelda and holy poo poo its pretty good. Mario is killer too. So now i want another dock of course and nintendo those fuckers want 60 loving dollars. So the alternatives rhat are sane are talking about well its just a shell you gut your box and put it here etc. Are there off brand docks? Those fuckers. I literally loled i had forgotten nintendos ways. Before i pay 60 dollars for a plastic taco i figured i should check. Really digging it though otherwise.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

DogonCrook posted:

Bought a switch for my gf and zelda and holy poo poo its pretty good. Mario is killer too. So now i want another dock of course and nintendo those fuckers want 60 loving dollars. So the alternatives rhat are sane are talking about well its just a shell you gut your box and put it here etc. Are there off brand docks? Those fuckers. I literally loled i had forgotten nintendos ways. Before i pay 60 dollars for a plastic taco i figured i should check. Really digging it though otherwise.

Gamestop has been selling them for $50 if that makes any difference

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Macaluso posted:

That's the one I'm thinking of. I'm hoping there's more than what's shown there, but I also understand I'm in the minority as far as Metroid and Fire Emblem is concerned

that leak was signs for the public stations at their show floor booth, the Direct will cover more than just what's playable at the expo.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DogonCrook posted:

Off brand docks brick your Switch! Tread carefully.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Switch tax strikes again!

A Magical High School Girl - $14.99 / £12.00 / €13.00
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A Magical High School Girl is a magic crafting rogue-like RPG! The only weapon you possess is the magic you conjure from within. You can freely name your magic. The elemental properties and effects are generated automatically with what you typed in.

Has anyone played this? Its on iOS / Android and Steam for much cheaper and it looks pretty good but 14.99 good? Thoughts?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

lelandjs posted:

Did it stop working completely or just stop connecting to the Switch? Mine started refusing to connect and after rebooting the Switch and reflashing the current firmware to the controller a couple of times it randomly decided to start connecting again and I haven't had any issues since. I think I also told my Switch to forget all paired controllers at one point, that may have helped. Maybe try that first? It's stupid easy to re-pair joycons.

It's more than a pairing issue. No matter what I do I can't get even get it to switch over to other controller modes. My computer detects that something is connected but it's not picked up as a controller and no amount of trying to push the XInput button combo will actually get it to connect anymore. How do you go about reflashing the firmware?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

The Lobster posted:

Off brand docks brick your Switch! Tread carefully.

Yeah they seem shady, ill just look for a deal on the real stuff. Does nintendo stuff go on sale often or seasonally? Im not really in any hurry

Ty for the answers ill look into the gamestop sale.

E: what about generic power adapters are those ok?

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 6, 2018

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FPzero posted:

It's more than a pairing issue. No matter what I do I can't get even get it to switch over to other controller modes. My computer detects that something is connected but it's not picked up as a controller and no amount of trying to push the XInput button combo will actually get it to connect anymore. How do you go about reflashing the firmware?

Go to the Firmware tab on this page, find your controller, and follow the instructions in the "update log". Use the cable that came with the controller, the random one I had lying around didn't work. Update programs are available for Windows and MacOS, the Windows version might work through WINE if you're running *nix.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 6, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Lobster posted:

You really don't have to worry, consensus seems to be that was just a leak of what demo units they've ordered for their small booth.

Tales of Woe posted:

that leak was signs for the public stations at their show floor booth, the Direct will cover more than just what's playable at the expo.

Oh sweet

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

The Bloop posted:

As long as you have both USBs in to power it, I assume so, but you can probably only fit two because the ports are close together, unless you also use extension cords or something

The controller ports are spaced exactly the same as on the original GameCube, which means you can use 4 at a time. I've done exactly that with my set. They're awesome Mariokart controllers.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zonekeeper posted:

The controller ports are spaced exactly the same as on the original GameCube, which means you can use 4 at a time. I've done exactly that with my set. They're awesome Mariokart controllers.

Cool

I both never had a wavebird and also never bothered to compare my adapter to my gamecube so that's cool to hear

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Goddamnit the only e3 presser I'll miss during work is the Nintendo one.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

lelandjs posted:

Go to the Firmware tab on this page, find your controller, and follow the instructions in the "update log". Use the cable that came with the controller, the random one I had lying around didn't work. Update programs are available for Windows and MacOS, the Windows version might work through WINE if you're running *nix.

Well I was apparently able to update the firmware from 1.03 to 1.25, but I still have the problem that it refuses to detect my controller and the four lights on the bottom just keep blinking back and forth as long as it's turned on. I tried rebooting the Switch, I tried turning the controller on and off a bunch, changing input modes, nothing. I'll try the firmware a few more times I guess.

edit: of course, I post this and suddenly it's working on my PC again. I'll try the Switch next.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 6, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Housh posted:

Goddamnit the only e3 presser I'll miss during work is the Nintendo one.

Watch it on your phone in secret like any well adjusted adult would.;)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some E3 news: Freedom Planet finally announced for Switch, coming this Fall.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

is this sonic

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Over There posted:

is this sonic

Yes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Over There posted:

is this sonic

What if Sonic but with even more embarrassing story and character designs.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FPzero posted:

Well I was apparently able to update the firmware from 1.03 to 1.25, but I still have the problem that it refuses to detect my controller and the four lights on the bottom just keep blinking back and forth as long as it's turned on. I tried rebooting the Switch, I tried turning the controller on and off a bunch, changing input modes, nothing. I'll try the firmware a few more times I guess.

edit: of course, I post this and suddenly it's working on my PC again. I'll try the Switch next.

If you haven't gone into the Switch settings and told it to delete all the paired controllers I'd try that next, I think that might have been the final piece of the puzzle that made my controller work again.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Over There posted:

is this sonic

it's sonic but more fun

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Over There posted:

is this sonic

complete with the ability to glitch through walls

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Over There posted:

is this sonic

It was the best Sonic game until Sonic Mania.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

SeANMcBAY posted:

What if Sonic but with even more embarrassing story and character designs.

You're just jealous because you couldn't get your fursona published on multiple Nintendo platforms.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

lelandjs posted:

If you haven't gone into the Switch settings and told it to delete all the paired controllers I'd try that next, I think that might have been the final piece of the puzzle that made my controller work again.

I didn't have to do this in the end, it finally managed to sync up once I found the box and manual and closely read everything. I was missing the final step of going into Change Grip/Order and waiting for it to sync up. Thanks for your help regardless, I wouldn't have thought to update the firmware on my own.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1004466722747834368

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

No thanks.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Wait, Paladins isn't Overwatch?

Because I just watched 2 minutes of gameplay and it sure as hell looks like OW.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Okay, we have Fortnite and Paladins... but where's the big killer app?

Where is Battleborn?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Supposedly it was in development before Overwatch was revealed, if you believe that, but there are lots of characters that are real similar to OW characters mechanically. It plays like a weird hybrid of OW/TF style shooter and MMO PvP though, there are mounts and lots of crowd control abilities. But also now its a battle royale game.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
I could've sworn paladins was already confirmed a while ago. Maybe I'm thinking of a leak

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

neosloth posted:

I could've sworn paladins was already confirmed a while ago. Maybe I'm thinking of a leak

Yeah Paladins has leaked a few times but now they've found it on the eShop.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1004453038512275456

Zelda looks fukkin' ready to beat-down in that image.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is literally the first time I've heard of Paladins........ I dont know how that came to be, but I just watched a couple minutes of youtube on it and it looks pretty cool and looks like it can scratch that OW itch I have.

Seems like its also free? Is it free in the same way Fortnite is (free-to-play, pay for cosmetics), or is it free to play, pay to win?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1004453038512275456

Zelda looks fukkin' ready to beat-down in that image.

I wonder who she mains

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This is literally the first time I've heard of Paladins........ I dont know how that came to be, but I just watched a couple minutes of youtube on it and it looks pretty cool and looks like it can scratch that OW itch I have.

Seems like its also free? Is it free in the same way Fortnite is (free-to-play, pay for cosmetics), or is it free to play, pay to win?
It was insanely p2w late last year, they made some changes to their monetization recently but idk how fair it is now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ugh that sucks, hopefully its fixed now?

Blizzard please port overwatch already

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

homeless snail posted:

It was insanely p2w late last year, they made some changes to their monetization recently but idk how fair it is now.

I believe they made it more in line with Smite and cash is mainly spent on cosmetics etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wonder who she mains

The answer might surprise you!

• Locked thread