Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

When I lived in Newport News, apparently our equivalent of tamale abuelas was lumpia ladies. The strong Navy presence meant a disproportionate number of Filipino housewives who were more than happy to hook you up in perpetuity if you did some kind of work for them.

...Brb, gotta go google where, if at all, the Filipino restaurant/grocers/community is in this town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

My mom used to work in a bunch of small-town nursing homes in SE Minnesota and people kept giving her lutefisk, that's pretty much the same thing, right?

Lutefisk is something you inflict on your enemies, sorry to say. I live in Minnesota and not even the diehard Norsk grannies I encounter eat lutefisk willingly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Swat Kats was one of the greatest cartoons of my childhood :allears:. Probably one of the last 80s style premises where you can just hear the middle-aged network executive say, "What if these two guys were fighter pilots who built their own kick-rear end jet in a garbage dump.....but they're also in a world where EVERYONE IS A CAT!"

:catdrugs:, the TV show.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Swat Kats was one of the greatest cartoons of my childhood :allears:. Probably one of the last 80s style premises where you can just hear the middle-aged network executive say, "What if these two guys were fighter pilots who built their own kick-rear end jet in a garbage dump.....but they're also in a world where EVERYONE IS A CAT!"

:catdrugs:, the TV show.

What happend to that reboot they talked about doing back in 2015? Did it die in development hell?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Parrotine posted:

What happend to that reboot they talked about doing back in 2015? Did it die in development hell?

The kickstarter made triple its goal back then. The last update was last summer, there's been zero posted since.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

This rules so hard because it looks like what would have actually been sent out by the studio

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This rules so hard because it looks like what would have actually been sent out by the studio

I was gonna say something similar, like I bet the studio is kicking itself for not making that the actual poster. But I thought that might have been :thejoke: and then I would look stuuuuupid

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Oh wrong thread my bad

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

orange sky posted:

Oh wrong thread my bad

Good thing you dont think that's funny

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

:q:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

I'm not even sorry about this

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

ol qwerty bastard posted:

sorry i dont' understand this without some sort of macro text above and below it, and maybe some tumblr hype men

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Not gonna lie, that poo poo would have got me hyped.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Mods change my name to Tumblr hype man

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

If college debt, even the deaths of trillions will not absolve you of your financial responsibility.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aleph Null posted:

If college debt, even the deaths of trillions will not absolve you of your financial responsibility.

gently caress that was my only hope

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Goodpancakes posted:

Mods change my name to Tumblr hype man

somebody already has it

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/oUEBEce.mp4

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Westworld season 3 spoiler

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

People is stored in the balls

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That’s gross.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

ol qwerty bastard posted:

I feel bad for laughing at this.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:smithfrog:

i like math jokes

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Where do you people live that you have tamale ladies going door-to-door? The closest I’ve ever had is the tamale guy who hangs out in the parking lot of the La Bonita at Flamingo and Rainbow. You have to go to him, though. Well, you have to go to the La Bonita parking lot. The tamale guy will find you from there.

In San Francisco there is a famous tamale lady who comes into Mission bars at night and brings the best homemade tamales you've ever had.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Aleph Null posted:

In the end, half of my earning potential will still exist. Perfectly balanced.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

RoboRodent posted:

I've never had a tamale. They're just not a thing here. It's tragic.

That's one of the best things about living in the midwest, outside relatively decent cost of living: lots of Hispanic people making awesome food. My dad used to work with a Mexican guy who'd always bring in a massive amount of tamales and he'd end up with a couple dozen for dinner.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm Facebook friends with a guy with my name and it always fucks with their friends when I comment on their stati.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BOOTY-ADE posted:

That's one of the best things about living in the midwest, outside relatively decent cost of living: lots of Hispanic people making awesome food. My dad used to work with a Mexican guy who'd always bring in a massive amount of tamales and he'd end up with a couple dozen for dinner.

What are you defining as Midwest

Because lol if you think Indiana is where the good Mexican food is

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!

theflyingorc posted:

What are you defining as Midwest

Because lol if you think Indiana is where the good Mexican food is

Goddamn Marshalltown Iowa has Mexican Food as good as any I've found in Chicago, LA or Houston.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Tamale doesn't seem like a real word anymore

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

MarsellusWallace posted:

Goddamn Marshalltown Iowa has Mexican Food as good as any I've found in Chicago, LA or Houston.

Yep

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

:( I don't know how people live with out the services of the brave men and women who go around selling tamales.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/chicago/tamale-man-chicago-dive-bars-claudio-velez-interview

Hm. I despise Chicago, but any city that has a local tamale guy so well-known that he makes the news might be redeemable.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

Tamale doesn't seem like a real word anymore

I honestly forgot what thread this was.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

MarsellusWallace posted:

Hmm, so that's where the one Hispanic family in the Midwest lives. Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Sometimes migrant workers get tired of being migrants and settle down and open a ridiculously good texmex or asian food restaurant in bumfuck, population 5k.

You can often eat better in Bumfuck, Midwest than the large midwestern cities because of this.