Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Are you asking me? The link to the rug is in the post?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
sorry I meant the crazy bathroom man

cookiefulloarsenic
Oct 30, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Don't scare the poor fella off again.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
lmao at the saying "I want more than your plebian builder grade bathrooms I am an experienced diy god :smug:" right after ruining the structural integrity of his floor

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 6, 2018

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
"More of a designer than an engineer" lol.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Jaded Burnout posted:

Don't scare the poor fella off again.

Tread carefully, lest you tread upon my joists

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

Mm. Given that there’s not likely to be anything new said on the topic maybe we could see what he learned from the process and get some updates.

I mean we could just go through another 7 pages of lol but why

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Back in my day drop-in drive-by bullshit cockteasing like this would lead to a mod challenge

wouldn't that be interesting

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

nice

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I kind of feel you should spend more than $20 on a floor rug. Like there’s got to be some corners cut somewhere for that price.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-the-american-dream-of-owning-a-big-home-is-way-overrated-in-one-chart-2018-05-21

big houses end up being proportionally more wasted space

well color me surprised

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I’m gonna live in a trailer in the desert

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
More space does not mean it's better. It just means you have more space to hoard poo poo, heat/cool, and clean.

I just bought an 868 sqft house near downtown and the size gets some comments from friends but at the same time each of them has at least one bedroom in their houses filled wall to wall with boxes, and a sizable mortgage while being stuck in suburbia.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Sure, I only use 400 sq ft of my house, but having a bathroom for each day of the week is truly the dream.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

CUT MY FLOOR INTO PIECES
THESE ARE MY DAMAGED JOISTS

Mister Dog
Dec 27, 2005

Damnit I really want to get an update about bmj’s bathroom but you guys ruin everything

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Judging solely by time spent in different locations is a little facile, because it doesn't gauge the value of that time. If I have to dedicate half a room towards some physical therapy equipment that I only need to use once a week, but the alternative to that is me driving an hour each way to a hospital, is that a bad use of space? Conversely, should we be spending all our time clustered around the TV just because it's a compact use of space? Might we be happier if we instead spent that time in greenhouses, or studios, or workshops?

I certainly wouldn't argue that a room that you effectively never use is a good idea. But on the flipside, I remember like a week ago having an argument about how you can't always find the perfect house and may prefer to settle for getting more house than you want, rather than less house.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
So many things that are high on people's dreams are going out of style...
https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/fixer-upper-home-decor-trends-going-out-of-style.html/

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

extravadanza posted:

Sure, I only use 400 sq ft of my house, but having a bathroom for each day of the week is truly the dream.

get a load of this guy who doesn’t pee in the sink

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/fixer-upper-home-decor-trends-going-out-of-style.html/

I'm known as a bad taste haver but I'll take barn doors over pocket doors every goddamn time.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
also, open floor plans won't die out, but they'll move out of the "suburban moms who watch house flippers and anchor their existence on pinterest boards" and back into just being the "bicycling dink yuppies in downtown highrises"

also, shiplap, nautical themes, barn doors, damask patterns, word art, are all turd designs and I welcome their deathknell

next can we get rid of obnoxious oversized brown leather dadchairs for MANLY sitting in the MAN office with MASCULINE mahogany veneer desks

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
gently caress barn doors on the interior of any house. I'll accept them as garage doors or vehicle gates but that's it. :colbert:

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

8one6 posted:

I'm known as a bad taste haver but I'll take barn doors over pocket doors every goddamn time.

I don't get barn doors, and when I see them I cringe. If I have a door, I want it to actually seal off 2 rooms from one another and block sounds. There's no way barn doors do more than just visually separate 2 rooms right? I'm planning on adding a bathroom to my second floor (I actually only have 1 bathroom in my house, PRADA SLUT, I promise) and looking to use pocket doors.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Pocket doors rule (except having to install them)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I don't understand the barn doors. It's all the downsides of pocket doors except you're also losing all the wall space from where they slide. Pockets at least are very space efficient.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jaded Burnout posted:

Mm. Given that there’s not likely to be anything new said on the topic maybe we could see what he learned from the process and get some updates.

I mean we could just go through another 7 pages of lol but why

You're right, I actually would like to know how it was fixed and what it ended up looking like, but I'm not apologizing for that line :v:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

You're right, I actually would like to know how it was fixed and what it ended up looking like, but I'm not apologizing for that line :v:

I'm just a little sad that you got the quote wrong, and also didn't go for "tread softly, because you tread on my beams".

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Oh dang you're right. Must do better.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Raise High The Roofbeam, Beatmaster.

I too am curious how it got fixed and how it turned out. There was some talk of a sand pit? We talked about the possibility of mold growth in river rocks that bath water would splash on and how to test for that.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

PRADA SLUT posted:

next can we get rid of obnoxious oversized brown leather dadchairs for MANLY sitting in the MAN office with MASCULINE mahogany veneer desks

You're gonna have to pry my manly masculine overstuffed dead cow armchair with cupholder and remote control corral out of my cold dead vagina adjacent butt. BIG LEATHER ARMCHAIRS FOREVER.

And gently caress you those walls are gonna be dark timbered paneling to the chair rail and the tops painted hunter green. WITH PLAID CURTAINS.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

also, open floor plans won't die out, but they'll move out of the "suburban moms who watch house flippers and anchor their existence on pinterest boards" and back into just being the "bicycling dink yuppies in downtown highrises"

also, shiplap, nautical themes, barn doors, damask patterns, word art, are all turd designs and I welcome their deathknell

Whew. I'm glad you knocked oversized brown leather dadchairs, because otherwise I would have completely agreed with you, and we just can't have that. You're right about everything else, though. Heck, you're even right about oversized brown leather dadchairs for hyper-masculine offices. Oversized dad chairs should be reserved for the chill den where you read books, listen to music, and tie flies on Friday night before you go fishing on Saturday morning.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Only the finest gaming chair for my "office"

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Baronjutter posted:

Only the finest gaming chair for my "office"

dadchairs don't have those sick wings on the side to keep you from falling out of your chair from the g-forces

but on the flip side, they have built in plastic cupholders to readily store monster® maxx® low-carb energy drink

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

SpartanIvy posted:

More space does not mean it's better. It just means you have more space to hoard poo poo, heat/cool, and clean.

I just bought an 868 sqft house near downtown and the size gets some comments from friends but at the same time each of them has at least one bedroom in their houses filled wall to wall with boxes, and a sizable mortgage while being stuck in suburbia.

My 300sq/ft spare bedroom is completely empty :colbert: at least I think so, I havent opened that door since I laid new wood floor in it.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

JEEVES420 posted:

My 300sq/ft spare bedroom is completely empty :colbert: at least I think so, I havent opened that door since I laid new wood floor in it.

Jesus Christ, at least build a bookcase in front of the door so you can hide someone in it if the need arises.

Do I have to think of everything?

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

SpartanIvy posted:

Jesus Christ, at least build a bookcase in front of the door so you can hide someone in it if the need arises.

Do I have to think of everything?

It's where he keeps his amontillado. Want to go see?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I love how this article acts like it's Fixer Upper ending that's making this stuff go out of style, instead of everyone just getting sick after a half a decade of it. Still, I guess it's the end of an era of sorts.

*plays amazing grace on bagpipes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I wanted to link yall to a gallery of gorgeous art deco shoji (sliding paper screen doors) but this Disney section popped up first. Yes, there's Star Wars too.

https://www.cainz.com/shop/goods/search.aspx?search.x=x&category=5920

Only registered members can see post attachments!