Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm gonna try this when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Jiro posted:

I'm gonna try this when I get home.

Everyone should at least start the download since its free for the first 100hr if release. Maybe 2 days left?

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
Matchmaking is shot. In an hour I found 2 games. I had more fun with it than pubg though

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
It's pretty... not good. I mean its kind of what you expect, so it's a little funny and wonky, but it somehow performs worse than pubg in pretty much every way, which is kind of the point, but its really not great. Especially since I tried like 4 different times to get in a game, waited like 15-20m each time before giving up, but finally got into a game on my last try.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
The shooting range is pretty fun to gently caress around in at least.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
The few games I managed to get in last night before the servers borked themselves were more fun than I ever had in PUBG, the jankiness just amplified it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
to make it work ready up, reload menu then ready again

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

CrazyLittle posted:

Everyone should at least start the download since its free for the first 100hr if release. Maybe 2 days left?

TABG runs at 30fps on my 2012 era i5 laptop with no GPU, and it's free, sold. Is there not a thread for this? Or is this now the unofficial TABG thread?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

TABG owns and is currently the best BR game, in all of its wonderful jank.

I zapped a dude with my tazer crossbow (which made him drop his gun and convulse on the ground) and my friend ran up with dual boxing gloves and pounded their face into the dirt.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
TABG is great if for no other reason than when prone, you can fit through gaps the size of a quarter, like a squid

And the 'periscope barrel' that causes your bullets to be fired 2 meters off your aim

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Evilreaver posted:

TABG is great if for no other reason than when prone, you can fit through gaps the size of a quarter, like a squid

And the 'periscope barrel' that causes your bullets to be fired 2 meters off your aim

You've got to match it with the periscope sight (parrot included)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pro tip anyone with the volley arrows grenade, throwing it straight up DRASTICALLY increases the portal hole from which arrow death will rain down upon you.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

e: entirely the wrong thread.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 8, 2018

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Also pro tip - quit, verify integrity of game files, and launch again if you want to play the game. It wouldn't join for me until I did that, now games load almost instantly.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Oh hey, war mode event again.
Kar98-only sniper wars in the rain? Sounds like fun.
Wait, not with 50 players in Mylta it doesn't...
Oh, it crashed to desktop.

Well, good riddance I guess.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Time to practice kar aim :getin:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Oh hey, war mode event again.
Kar98-only sniper wars in the rain? Sounds like fun.
Wait, not with 50 players in Mylta it doesn't...
Oh, it crashed to desktop.

Well, good riddance I guess.

a bloo bloo bloo

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I was briefly famous last night when me and another goon were killed by Shroud and Just9n.

Brief in that he murdered me so casually and quickly that I was only on his stream for less than 5 seconds.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CogentSilkyBatCharlietheUnicorn

I was the guy in the doorway on his left.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Their ability to clear houses is just ridiculous.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Dangerllama posted:

Their ability to clear houses is just ridiculous.

My duo was in a firefight with the 2nd guy he killed. What amazes me is that he got shot by the 2nd guy, approaches the house to kill him and still has the presence of mind to hear my footsteps, spin, kill me, and then continue on as if nothing happened.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Multiple goons have killed shroud & co. You ain't famous bich. Git gud.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

willroc7 posted:

LET ME HAVE THIS

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The real hero is that guy who had a ump with a 4x in squads.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Especially after a bunch of people in here saying how useless suppressors are and that a good player will always be able to pinpoint your location.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Not even eagle-eared choco could find him!

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

hawowanlawow posted:

a bloo bloo bloo

Oh, yeah, I forgot: They still haven't fixed the bug where if you drop out and reconnect, your teammates can't see your team marker anymore.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

willroc7 posted:

I killed just9n when he was in solo quads where’s my medal

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
(infamously not great at pubg goon) Three phase killing shroud chad and choco while proned with no cover in the middle of a street in a drawn out multi minute engagement was the best kill of pros/streamers by locals. I doubt the skill differential will ever be topped.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Herstory Begins Now posted:

(infamously not great at pubg goon) Three phase killing shroud chad and choco while proned with no cover in the middle of a street in a drawn out multi minute engagement was the best kill of pros/streamers by locals. I doubt the skill differential will ever be topped.

I think the only one he killed was chadd.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Star Man posted:

I think the only one he killed was chadd.

Shhh, don't ruin the mystique.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I thought he got shroud and chadd, with choco and Justin eventually breaking off and just flopping about for the rest of the match.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
I have no idea how TABG has 30k people online, no matter what server I try to join I either get sent back to the title screen or thrown into a server by myself.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Played TABG for about half an hour with a friend. That was about enough time I reckon. It did make us laugh a lot, which is kind of the point I guess.

Then we played sniper war mode for the rest of the night, and that was actually really fun. Closest thing we've had to a shooting range for practising sniping with a very common loadout.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Choco killed threephase. Choco and just9n went on to win that match in the forest above Mylta Power.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Played TABG for about four hours with a friend. Personally, I like it a fair bit more than PUBG for a few reasons:
1) More weapon variety means you're never going to get the same weapon twice, you make do with what you have (true battle royale style)
2) The floppy arms/aiming means try-harding is out, thus it's much easier to have "fun"
3) The final circle mechanic is amazing fun
4) It's 20 seconds warmup between games rather than 60 (and that's bare minimum, when you consider flight/loading/parachuting times TABG is a shitton faster into the action)
5) Dual-wielding is just excellent

I imagine the breakdown is "if you like really tight gameplay and knowing that your skill will win you games" = PUBG, and if you're not in that top 20% of gamers TABG will be a lot more fun/rewarding

e: also if you tried earlier and just got server/connection issues, try again, they fixed a ton of them yesterday/today

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I have a feeling it has helped my shotgun game immensely, too.

Probably more likely because there is no firing delay anymore if your gun was not raised.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hopping on TABG on US2 with a couple other goons if anyone is interested. "Hadlock" on Steam or https://steamcommunity.com/id/hadlock11

I think it's still free for the next hour or two

https://store.steampowered.com/app/823130/Totally_Accurate_Battlegrounds/

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Hadlock posted:

Hopping on TABG on US2 with a couple other goons if anyone is interested. "Hadlock" on Steam or https://steamcommunity.com/id/hadlock11

I was able to play a game this morning (CET) but now it's all "Server is busy".

Edit: Oh hey I got in!

How to keep track of the circles though... I found a car but someone else took it first. The distances you have to run are just amazing right now.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 10, 2018

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I had fun with TABG until this point: https://clips.twitch.tv/CallousPlausibleShallotBCWarrior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I started this season playing more serious and made it to top 100 solo FPP after my 3rd win in 80 games. Feels pretty cool.