Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Danaru posted:

telling my vampire to go drink a dinosaur

This is an amazing sentence, by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Can androids be vampires, and can vampires drink from prisoners? I'm thinking of a new gimmick run.

Also I've been playing the genetics mods, making bear-wolves is a fun and engaging experience.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Droids and androids can be fun because they have a configurable radius death explosion. Want to make a raid exciting? Piss off an android faction and increase the explosion radius. They'll either destroy your killbox, or you'll need to take them out before the one with a knife, a duster and a dream gets close enough that stopping them becomes a very bad idea.

Also, droids are kinda neat in that they're relatively cheap, just taking a bunch of steel and components, but their skills range from 4-8, they logically can't do social, intellectual or art, and their skills never improve. They can be a decent grunt force for mining or plant work early, but later you would want to only use them for hauling or cleaning, since the quality of anything they do would be sure to suffer.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Welp. Whole colony's is zope withdrawal. Dumbasses are smoking up all my product!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
good one

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i need to do a drug colony run, i assume it will end when I hit some consumption of drugs>entire maps ability to produce drug, but whatever, should be a wild ride

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
You will hit an end from multiple organ failure long before that, sadly.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Which is why you make sure to invest in a good butcher to have a steady stockpile of organs about for transplanting. Can't let those raiders go to waste.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I like to play a nice colony where I rehabilitate all my prisoners and build a big farm :)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

multijoe posted:

I like to play a nice colony where I rehabilitate all my prisoners and build a big farm :)

I still find it funny that the prisoner I recruited is one of the least helpful people in the entire colony - she's an insomniac who's also a pessimist and she spends 80% of the time asleep, sometimes away from her bed so I have to draft/undraft her to make her go to her bed. She carves stone chunks and makes pants and I think in a year or two she'll finally come around on liking the rest of us.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

You can treat the insomnia - check surgery tab.

I too like making (mostly) morally good, high functioning, pleasant colonies.

Just nobody ask why Rabbit always stays out after raids are driven off and comes back inside with a huge smile on her face.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Now that I'm thinking about it, this is a mod that I haven't seen a lot of people mention but I don't think I could go without anymore, and should really just be in the base game.

Because seriously, gently caress finding out that a colonist was getting hunted after they get bitten.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Is there a mod that stops colonists from being omniscient? like it would be nice if my cannibals could go out to their secret workshop that they built on the edge of the base and take the corpses without being seen and start cranking out kibble without everyone getting all sad about it? How do you guys even know? It happens while you're asleep! Do you keep count of how much kibble/corpses we have at all times?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Do it in an offsite camp one tile over and nobody will ever know.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Pharnakes posted:

"Hey guys help me load some corn and all these raider corpses on the muffalos, will ya? Gotta head on an expedition"

*comes back the next day with a ton of kibble and some fresh organs*

Yeah, I can see how nobody would catch on :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Is there a mod that'll help colonists dress intelligently? I've got a heat wave and these morons refuse to take off their parkas. :doh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a mod that'll help colonists dress intelligently? I've got a heat wave and these morons refuse to take off their parkas. :doh:

You can set up a heatwave outfit in the outfit menu and assign them to it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Leal posted:

You can set up a heatwave outfit in the outfit menu and assign them to it.

Thanks!

e: My colony now has a lesbian romance between a 29 year old and a 90 year old. :psyduck:

e2: Aaaand the doctor has had a second mental break (he was attacked by a t-rex and got his thumb bitten off) and is binging on alcohol again!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 7, 2018

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Had a recent joinee awaken to the Force! Too bad she hates violence and refuses to fight :cripes:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Don't kink shame you fuuuuck!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Danaru posted:

Had a recent joinee awaken to the Force! Too bad she hates violence and refuses to fight :cripes:

So a Jedi then :v:

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Pharnakes posted:

Right - get Set Up Camp and Camping Stuff mod.

But thanks for bringing this up - I had forgotten this strategy since I use Fertile Fields mod and turn most raider corpses into compost and then fertilizer, since nobody cares about that.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Can you pack up and haul off corpses? I've never actually tried that.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Ashsaber posted:

Also, droids are kinda neat in that they're relatively cheap, just taking a bunch of steel and components, but their skills range from 4-8, they logically can't do social, intellectual or art, and their skills never improve. They can be a decent grunt force for mining or plant work early, but later you would want to only use them for hauling or cleaning, since the quality of anything they do would be sure to suffer.

Droids actually do increase in skill, they just don't have any passion for anything. Sometimes I get a droid and give it a medical training serum to have a 24/7 doctor, to handle things like giving patients flu meds and poo poo.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Leal posted:

So a Jedi then :v:

Not killing things was hardly the Jedi's problem

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
ALso human kibble is far from the most important thing to be doing with your corpses. The real value is human leather jackets.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

StrixNebulosa posted:

e2: Aaaand the doctor has had a second mental break (he was attacked by a t-rex and got his thumb bitten off) and is binging on alcohol again!

If he's chemical interest/fascination it's not a break, he's just an overindulgent fuckhead who deserves to be purged.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

multijoe posted:

Not killing things was hardly the Jedi's problem

In the KotOR world it was!

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That was a trex with some impressive dexterity to bite off only a guys thumb while he was running away screaming.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

If he's chemical interest/fascination it's not a break, he's just an overindulgent fuckhead who deserves to be purged.

Or treated for their chemical interest! Then you get a drug-free pawn until they relapse if you don't keep up with their regular therapy sessions.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

No, he doesn't have that, he just - well, things were rough. And we had whiskey.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Is there a mod that allows you to suppress negative traits? Like, medicating a pyromaniac to curb their fiery urges, stuff like that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Do droids not need to sleep or recharge? I have the mod installed but haven't gotten around to actually building one

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Slime posted:

Is there a mod that allows you to suppress negative traits? Like, medicating a pyromaniac to curb their fiery urges, stuff like that.

Yep! Check out Psychology.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Epsilon Plus posted:

Droids actually do increase in skill, they just don't have any passion for anything. Sometimes I get a droid and give it a medical training serum to have a 24/7 doctor, to handle things like giving patients flu meds and poo poo.

Neat, didn't know.

Danaru posted:

Do droids not need to sleep or recharge? I have the mod installed but haven't gotten around to actually building one

They drain about half a battery charge every couple of days, each. Their only need is charge, and they have a permanent +200 mood boost so they don't mental break. They recharge by going to the nearest power conduit and sucking power from it. But yeah, they don't sleep or eat or all that, can wear clothes though. There is a toggle in the mod options to let you give them regular traits in case a different mod requires they have a bar that they don't normally.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slime posted:

There is a solution in the base game! Its called a bullet :unsmigghh:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

A Moose posted:

Is there a mod that stops colonists from being omniscient? like it would be nice if my cannibals could go out to their secret workshop that they built on the edge of the base and take the corpses without being seen and start cranking out kibble without everyone getting all sad about it? How do you guys even know? It happens while you're asleep! Do you keep count of how much kibble/corpses we have at all times?

Start a small base on a different map, use transport pods to shuttle stuff between them. Fill it up with expendable people to do lovely slavework. No one from your main base will care about anything that happens there.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

bird food bathtub posted:

Can you pack up and haul off corpses? I've never actually tried that.

In one of my colonies, a dudes wife died and she stayed with him ever after. Every caravan trip, I made him take her body along.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Deeprim's second z-level counts as a separate temporary map, so you could have a cannibal cellar :v:

Also apparently you can't worship cthulhu on temp maps :smith: it just throws a red error

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Danaru posted:

"Raiders! Everyone to arms! We must fight them off!"

"Wait. We should contemplate why they are attacking us!"

"People are DYING!"

"CONTEMPLATE IT!"

Yeah, that's basically the plot of the Mandalorian Wars.