Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jordan7hm posted:

Nobody, including kids, says “holy menstruation”.

What about the Catholics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

Shhh! Just let the olds tire themselves out.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ecavalli posted:

Shhh! Just let the olds tire themselves out.

That's my secret, Captain... I'm always tired.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Jordan7hm posted:

Nobody says a lot of stuff in comic books.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Jordan7hm posted:

Not since Thor did that thing with Mjolnir anyway

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Superstring posted:

Nobody says a lot of stuff in comic books.

I say "Arghhhh" all the time

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Jordan7hm posted:

It does sound like something Burt Ward's Robin would say to Adam West's Batman if a jackass wrote the script.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I have insider info and can confirm that Matt Murdock says it at least once an episode in Daredevil season 3.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I guess it's just me and my friends who greet one another with bleeding vagina euphemisms.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
From today's Deadpool #1:

The Guardians are out in space when they happen to notice a particularly giant Celestial heading straight for Earth. They decide they'd better phone ahead:

(My favorite part is the waiter.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's such a wonderful page. Robbie pointing is killing me.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

purple death ray posted:

I just wanted to point out, if "diversity bingo" grampa is reading, that like a dozen people have managed to say this is a bad comic without being chased out of the thread. It's entirely possible to dislike and criticise comics featuring minorities and not be racist.
I'm still here. I didn't want to continue a discussion and either upset the apple cart more, or otherwise drag a thread about excellent funny panels into political territory. Thanks for everyone who made more sense of my post(s) than I could have.

And now for something more relevant: Do all super heroes go to restaurants in their super hero jammies? It's almost like every time they're out to eat, it's laundry day.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Captain America's just leveraging the senior citizen+uniformed serviceman discounts. The rest of them are with Cap.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

unruly posted:

I'm still here. I didn't want to continue a discussion and either upset the apple cart more, or otherwise drag a thread about excellent funny panels into political territory. Thanks for everyone who made more sense of my post(s) than I could have.

And now for something more relevant: Do all super heroes go to restaurants in their super hero jammies? It's almost like every time they're out to eat, it's laundry day.

Given that a lot of different artists draw the characters, it's useful to readers to have a clear indication of who is who. Costume is a good way to indicate that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

unruly posted:

Branding. For public events where you need your game face on, you wear the costume.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It's so they can get up and run out without paying, claiming that there is an emergency they have to stop.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

unruly posted:

It's the same reason sports figures almost always wear their jerseys in their commercials. That's what people recognize.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They're with Tony Stark, dude can pay for whatever they got a billion times over. Good god, some of y'all.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Zaodai posted:

It's so they can get up and run out without paying, claiming that there is an emergency they have to stop.

You don't have to make excuses, Peter.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

They're sex perverts: why would they pass up any opportunity to be in public in their fetish gear? Imagine if furries were seen as heroes, demigods, and cultural icons. Hell yes they'd wear that poo poo out to eat.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They're with Tony Stark, dude can pay for whatever they got a billion times over. Good god, some of y'all.
You don't get (or stay) rich by writing checks, man.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

At first I was inclined to say it could be a "hang out together while maintaining our secret identities" thing, but on consideration, the secret identity is now so passé that I think Robbie is the only person at that table who still has one.

Maybe it's all for his benefit, though.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Wheat Loaf posted:

dont try to blame this poo poo on us

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Who is black cloak guy (please don't say Cloak, it'll hurt my feelings) and is it ever confusing to have two Caps on the team or did Carol just let that one go?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats strange in his bathrobe

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Strange #390

Which leads to

Spidermans face just cracks me the gently caress up

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ecce arachne

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That face makes me kinda sick.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What the gently caress is that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the writer sent a specific reference photo for that panel

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Malachite_Dragon posted:

FMguru posted:

You don't get (or stay) rich by writing checks, man.

Seriously though, that restaurant is not charging them for that meal either way. In America, if you're rich and famous enough, people just stop making you pay for things.

Meanwhile, those in poverty are nickel and dime'd to death, and if you can't afford to pay, the penalty is more fees that you can't afford to pay, forever trapping you in poverty.

:capitalism:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SonicRulez posted:

Who is black cloak guy (please don't say Cloak, it'll hurt my feelings) and is it ever confusing to have two Caps on the team or did Carol just let that one go?

And why does he have bomb-rear end titties

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And why does he have bomb-rear end titties

I think he's crossing his arms?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

My question is why is She-Hulk about 5 foot 6 in that picture?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That’s a good page but also something that annoys me of these “all these heroes together” pages. They’re in a restaurant, prosumably relaxing and eating. Why does T’Challa have his mask on? Why is Robbie on fire? Why is Jen angry? Why hasn’t anyone tipped the waiter?

I bet Tony doesn’t tip at all.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Obviously, in comicverse they pay their waiters and waitresses a living wage and have done away with the dumbassery of tipping entirely, as it is trash and deserves to be in the trash.

(:can:)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s a good page but also something that annoys me of these “all these heroes together” pages. They’re in a restaurant, prosumably relaxing and eating. Why does T’Challa have his mask on? Why is Robbie on fire? Why is Jen angry? Why hasn’t anyone tipped the waiter?

I mean the others are a "shut up and stop asking questions" deal, but as far as Jen goes, she's never needed to get angry to hulk out. In her recent series she went gray and got a little more rage-y, but she still controlled the transformations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Her canon is still that the Hulk is angry and difficult to control, though. It actually is weird that she's just hanging out at dinner with the Avengers in Hulkmode.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

T'Challa put his mask back on because he wanted to appear dignified, while instead cracking the biggest doofy grin. Ditto Robbie's head. As for Jen... the Hulk lore goes back and forth, so maybe laughing at Star Lord was enough of an emotional response to trigger her transformation, like how sometimes you can Hulk Out from fear or the like, not just anger which is really Bruce's deal.

And nobody tipped because they haven't paid yet. The waiter is cleaning up after the main course, and they might be staying for desserts or coffee. And Tony doesn't want the bother of not tipping, but he just adds the service charge to the bill and has a contactless payment chip in his armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I will instantly pay for my meal using this credit card transistor.