Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Three Olives posted:

OK, am I missing something? My Apple Watch is completely up to date and I can't find the pride face anywhere.

It's in the watch app on your phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm having a weird issue with my watch and its not a huge deal just a weird one.

So I used to get all of my award notifications on Sunday (weekly stand ect.) but recently in the past month I've been getting them on Saturday. I mean its not a huge deal just kinda weird.

The only thing I can think of that is doing it is because I spent 2 weeks in Europe recently and their calendar is Sat-Sat (or some poo poo) so the end of the "week" is Saturday. Does anyone else get this? Like I said not a huge deal just weird.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Matt Zerella posted:

It's in the watch app on your phone.

Not on mine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Not on mine.

Should be in the Face Gallery.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Should be in the Face Gallery.

Should be, it's not. Contacted Apple support and they said they have a few reports and it's being escalated. Maybe I can score a free pride band out of this.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It does have a nice look but the animation is kinda lovely. You tap the screen and it goes blank and redraws. Some kind of guitar strumming interaction would have made it kicking rad.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

xzzy posted:

It does have a nice look but the animation is kinda lovely. You tap the screen and it goes blank and redraws. Some kind of guitar strumming interaction would have made it kicking rad.

Does it not animate on raise?

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

MarcusSA posted:

I'm having a weird issue with my watch and its not a huge deal just a weird one.

So I used to get all of my award notifications on Sunday (weekly stand ect.) but recently in the past month I've been getting them on Saturday. I mean its not a huge deal just kinda weird.

The only thing I can think of that is doing it is because I spent 2 weeks in Europe recently and their calendar is Sat-Sat (or some poo poo) so the end of the "week" is Saturday. Does anyone else get this? Like I said not a huge deal just weird.

Huh? Where in Europe did you visit? I moved to Switzerland two years ago and my awards never changed. (Also Europe’s calendars are Monday - Sunday)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Crayvex posted:

Huh? Where in Europe did you visit? I moved to Switzerland two years ago and my awards never changed. (Also Europe’s calendars are Monday - Sunday)

England

Theirs is like Sunday to Sunday or something. I was looking at my calendar when I was there and it changed too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Should be, it's not. Contacted Apple support and they said they have a few reports and it's being escalated. Maybe I can score a free pride band out of this.

Bummer. Hope it's resolved for you. As a cis het white guy it's not something I'm comfortable using (in the sense that I don't want to invade things intended for Extremely Not Me), but I am very happy Apple is embracing it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Endless Mike posted:

Bummer. Hope it's resolved for you. As a cis het white guy it's not something I'm comfortable using (in the sense that I don't want to invade things intended for Extremely Not Me), but I am very happy Apple is embracing it.

Just FYI, you can wear it and be an ally!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Is there a site that shows new Apple Watch apps? The App Store is pretty lovely at showing me what is available and no way to see new stuff.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I do like that the colors on the pride band line up with those on the watchface :kimchi:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Three Olives posted:

Although my watch iOS is up to date, I hadn’t realised there was a new phone update so I’m giving that a go to see if it fixes.

edit: updating my phone OS has worked and I can now select the background.

Red Oktober fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jun 5, 2018

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

Matt Zerella posted:

Just FYI, you can wear it and be an ally!

I kinda want to do this...

...but I kinda want more complications... my life is so hard.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Get one of the pride bands then, duh.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

England

Theirs is like Sunday to Sunday or something. I was looking at my calendar when I was there and it changed too.

England is Monday-Sunday too, like anywhere sane. Source: am English.

I always get my weekly results first thing on Monday morning. No idea why yours would have changed to Saturday but I don’t think it’s anything to do with visiting here.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Getting conflicting reports about WatchOS 5. Are S0 watches the only ones not getting the upgrade, or does that include S1 watches as well?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

Getting conflicting reports about WatchOS 5. Are S0 watches the only ones not getting the upgrade, or does that include S1 watches as well?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Three Olives posted:

You're not gay enough. Sorry to break this news to you.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Walkie Talkie is close to that “hey spouse” button the person earlier in the thread wanted for ikea, so that’s cool

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Nextel chirp when on Walkie-Talkie mode???

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Did they say how many people you can pair Walmart talkies to?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
My beaten-up old Pebble is finally giving up the ghost (just in time for the server shut down!) and I'm eyeing up an Apple Watch as a replacement since most of the wearables I've seen are around the same price. Is the Series 1 still worth a poo poo, or should I just go straight for the Series 3? Keep in mind I'd mostly be using it for checking notifications, controlling my music/podcasts/etc on my phone while walking and as a timer in the kitchen without having to fish my phone out every five minutes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't buy anything but the series 3 at this point.

Or hold off until fall if you can because people are thinking a new revision is due.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

My beaten-up old Pebble is finally giving up the ghost (just in time for the server shut down!) and I'm eyeing up an Apple Watch as a replacement since most of the wearables I've seen are around the same price. Is the Series 1 still worth a poo poo, or should I just go straight for the Series 3? Keep in mind I'd mostly be using it for checking notifications, controlling my music/podcasts/etc on my phone while walking and as a timer in the kitchen without having to fish my phone out every five minutes.

Def series 3. The older arches will probably get more support than the first gen Apple Watch that is now losing support, but the 3 is worth the difference speed wise alone.

xzzy posted:

Don't buy anything but the series 3 at this point.

Or hold off until fall if you can because people are thinking a new revision is due.

No way to know until fall, but The Apple Watch cycle so far has been longer than the iPhone cycle. Every 1.5 to 2 years. I don’t know what would differentiate the next Apple Watch at this point.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Was an article a few weeks ago about the potential for a bigger screen, same physical size. So basically a smaller bevel watch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

No way to know until fall, but The Apple Watch cycle so far has been longer than the iPhone cycle. Every 1.5 to 2 years. I don’t know what would differentiate the next Apple Watch at this point.
The sample size is small, but MacRumors has the average time as 445 days, with it being 371 days between Series 1/2 and 3 launches. I would be more surprised with there not being a new Watch this fall than if there is.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

They’re also speculating about some significant revisions. Maybe a circular face and technology built into the strap such as a camera and blood pressure monitor.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
When offered the chance to reply to a message, I am able to "scribble" the reply. I'm not seeing this option in other apps (Line and Facebook Messenger for instance). Am I missing something?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fly Ricky posted:

When offered the chance to reply to a message, I am able to "scribble" the reply. I'm not seeing this option in other apps (Line and Facebook Messenger for instance). Am I missing something?

I replied to a few FB messenger notifications with scribble yesterday so yeah something's up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uhhh if you sync music to your S2 a lot, maybe hold off on the iOS 12 beta, it's taking WAYYYYYY longer to send songs to the watch now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Now everyone's rumoring the series 4 won't have physical buttons. It's all haptics baby.

This confirms series 3 is the best because a capacitive crown sounds terrible.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

xzzy posted:

Now everyone's rumoring the series 4 won't have physical buttons. It's all haptics baby.

The crown has a great knob feel and I’d hate to lose that. :smith:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

xzzy posted:

Are these the same sources saying it’s going to be round lol?

It is not going to be round.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The new pride band looks a lot better in person. Thanks Apple for making it easier to buy rainbow bands.

Anyone else had the bug with workout app freezing and needing to be restarted before every workout come back?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Not completely freezing but if I don’t use it for a few days then run it it stops at the “pick a workout” step for I’d say 6-10 seconds.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The haptic buttons on iPhones are good so wgaf

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

The haptic buttons on iPhones are good so wgaf

I would be skeptical on the crown having good haptic feedback for scrolling , otherwise agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Rumours are saying the crown still spins, but the button itself is haptic only.