Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

sourdough posted:

Roster limits on positions increases the value of top end guys at that position, since you can't stash a bunch of iffy guys and see who becomes useful, yeah? Dynasty superflex with a cap of 4 QBs on roster, I should prioritize good secure QBs even more than normal uncapped superflex? (Provided the other positions are not as relatively restricted, anyway)

Yes but also that's dumb, IMHO. Half the fun in dynasty is stashing a bunch of iffy guys and seeing who becomes useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Amergin posted:

Yes but also that's dumb, IMHO. Half the fun in dynasty is stashing a bunch of iffy guys and seeing who becomes useful.

Completely agreed, but can't change it now. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something with how it affects values.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

sourdough posted:

Roster limits on positions increases the value of top end guys at that position, since you can't stash a bunch of iffy guys and see who becomes useful, yeah? Dynasty superflex with a cap of 4 QBs on roster, I should prioritize good secure QBs even more than normal uncapped superflex? (Provided the other positions are not as relatively restricted, anyway)

In dynasty superflex you probably only want 4 QB anyway - two starters, a bye week / injury fill, and a rookie or developing QB. If you have more then that, you should likely be moving them for a position player anyway.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

assuming 12 teams, are there really 48 qbs worth owning? If not, then the roster limit isn't really going to affect availability.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

assuming 12 teams, are there really 48 qbs worth owning? If not, then the roster limit isn't really going to affect availability.

Every team will hold 4 QBs, it's deep rosters. It's the kind of league where Garoppolo will have been rostered at least the last 3 years. Mostly it also means you can't stash a guy like Davis Webb or Mason Rudolph, or hopeful FAs like Garoppolo or McCarron, or hold both Tyrod/Mayfield or Luck/Brisset without severely affecting your QB depth. In my experience, there are always teams scrambling to replace a QB that goes down injured, or that has an Eli or Brady or Ben or Brees or Rivers and is getting antsy about adding a younger option. My leagues may also be kinda weirdly deep, though, as even the 1 QB leagues I'm in tend to have big enough rosters that everyone has 2-3 QBs and the waiver wire is gross.

Anyway, I ended up with Rodgers, Wilson, Cousins, and Mayfield, so I'm set :D

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Vietcampo, sorry late to the party: make a flea flicker league and if you are logged in as commissioner you can draft every team

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Evan Silva and Mike Clay start mocking the Bill's FO for "Respect the Process" and then are SHOCKED to discover that people are terrible when you piss them off.

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1002630525658464256?s=20

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's the best way to do a slow e-mail style draft? Are there programs/websites for that? Trying to figure out how to do my dynasty salary cap rookie/free agent draft.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

What's the best way to do a slow e-mail style draft? Are there programs/websites for that? Trying to figure out how to do my dynasty salary cap rookie/free agent draft.

Wherever you host the league can probably do it.

Like...MFL? fleaflicker?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zauper posted:

Wherever you host the league can probably do it.

Like...MFL? fleaflicker?

I don't see how MFL can set up the draft the way I want it. I want the first 2 rounds to be non-snake draft, followed by the remaining 5 rounds to be a snake draft. (1st overall pick gets the first pick in rounds 1, 2, & 3, then last pick in round 4, first pick in round 5, etc).

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 6, 2018

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

I don't see how MFL can set up the draft the way I want it. I want the first 2 rounds to be non-snake draft, followed by the remaining 5 rounds to be a snake draft. (1st overall pick gets the first pick in rounds 1, 2, & 3, then last pick in round 4, first pick in round 5, etc).

As commish, set it up as a snake and then force trade round 2 picks to get them in the right order?

I don't know of anywhere that operates the way you just described for rookie picks. (TRR)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zauper posted:

As commish, set it up as a snake and then force trade round 2 picks to get them in the right order?

I don't know of anywhere that operates the way you just described for rookie picks. (TRR)

Ah I guess that would work, I didn't even think of that! Thank you.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fleaflicker is so much nicer to work with than MFL that it isn't even remotely funny.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
MFL is just horrible, period.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fleaflicker is so much nicer to work with than MFL that it isn't even remotely funny.

especially if you want ads that contain malware.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When I checked it looked like the max limit for players you could keep in a dynasty league was 15, so that immediately disqualified it for my dynasty league.

Silly Burrito posted:

MFL is just horrible, period.

Yea there's no way to say it nicely. It's a very poorly constructed website.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

When I checked it looked like the max limit for players you could keep in a dynasty league was 15, so that immediately disqualified it for my dynasty league.

Hasn't been true for a few years now, if it was before that

Zauper posted:

especially if you want ads that contain malware.

But this is the truth 😑 Only reason to use their app is so you don't get horrible redirect ads on your phone browser

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

Hasn't been true for a few years now, if it was before that

I tried to set up a league in the last month and it wouldn’t let me go above 15 keepers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I tried to set up a league in the last month and it wouldn’t let me go above 15 keepers.

I'm in leagues with 40 keepers, so not sure what the issue was. Looks like 44 is the cap. Settings -> edit keeper rules -> number of keepers. You probably have to set your roster limits first; if you had a max of 15 players on each roster, I'm not surprised if it wouldn't have entries in that menu greater than 15 (how could you keep more than 15 if you couldn't roster more than 15?).

Edit: Confirmed that's the case, max keepers depends on what your roster size is set to. And not sure what max is, actually, looks like probably whatever roster max + taxi squad is. It used to be hard capped at 40, but I think that's changed, if you want ridiculously deep rosters.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 6, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

sourdough posted:

But this is the truth 😑 Only reason to use their app is so you don't get horrible redirect ads on your phone browser

Oh. gently caress that.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh. gently caress that.

Yeah, flea flicker is really bad with ads. During the slow draft I gave up on keeping the page open in a tab in the background because it kept getting maliciously forwarded.

Sleeperbot launched dynasty leagues this year which I'm interested in trying, but scoring customization is a bit low.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
MFL is so customizable that you can’t rrally say if it’s horrible or not.

I’m in dynasty leagues where I have no clue how to find anything and spend time searching. Then I’m in dynasty leagues that are perfectly set up and everything is right there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zauper posted:

Sleeperbot launched dynasty leagues this year which I'm interested in trying, but scoring customization is a bit low.

I was curious about Sleeperbot's leagues but I don't want any of my leaguemates to know about Sleeperbot :angel:

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

MFL is so customizable that you can’t rrally say if it’s horrible or not.

I’m in dynasty leagues where I have no clue how to find anything and spend time searching. Then I’m in dynasty leagues that are perfectly set up and everything is right there.

MFLs default is godawful. Yes, you can customize stuff and get a programmer to make everything look nice and fix the layout and and and, but dear god.

quote:

I was curious about Sleeperbot's leagues but I don't want any of my leaguemates to know about Sleeperbot
I'm actually not a big fan of sleeperbot. It's noise:value ratio is way off.

WATCH OUT, BELL MIGHT BE A SLEEPER BECAUSE HE'S OUTSCORING HIS PROJECTION BY 10 POINTS
WATCH OUT, BACKUP RB CHRIS IVORY MIGHT BE A SLEEPER BECAUSE FOURNETTE MISSED THIS GAME
WATCH OUT, FOURTH STRING WR MIGHT BE A SLEEPER BECAUSE HE GOT A TD ON HIS ONLY TARGET OF THE GAME

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zauper posted:

I'm actually not a big fan of sleeperbot. It's noise:value ratio is way off.

WATCH OUT, BELL MIGHT BE A SLEEPER BECAUSE HE'S OUTSCORING HIS PROJECTION BY 10 POINTS
WATCH OUT, BACKUP RB CHRIS IVORY MIGHT BE A SLEEPER BECAUSE FOURNETTE MISSED THIS GAME
WATCH OUT, FOURTH STRING WR MIGHT BE A SLEEPER BECAUSE HE GOT A TD ON HIS ONLY TARGET OF THE GAME

I've never seen anything like that from Sleeperbot. I just look at the news section. It's ALWAYS ahead of every other app/website I've ever seen in terms of the timing of important news. I have a clear advantage over my league because I always grab the valuable backup when I hear of an injury 15 minutes before everyone else in the league.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

I've never seen anything like that from Sleeperbot. I just look at the news section. It's ALWAYS ahead of every other app/website I've ever seen in terms of the timing of important news. I have a clear advantage over my league because I always grab the valuable backup when I hear of an injury 15 minutes before everyone else in the league.

Maybe there's some configuration stuff; I deleted the app two years ago because it was insane.

I just downloaded it again and scrolled down the 'fantasy football alerts' to the regular season.

Here we go:
SLEEPER:
Latavius Murray (MIN-RB) now has 24.4 fantasy points in PPR (23.4 standard), outperforming his projection by 14.46 points

BREAKING:
Holy cow. The #bills are going to the playoffs.

HYPE:
Barkley declared for the draft.

SLEEPER:
Tyler Boyd (CIN-WR) now has 20.1 fantasy points in PPR (15.1 standard), outperforming his projection by 14.94 points with 0:44 remaining in the 4 quarter.

That's visible on one screen. Plus some IDP stuff.

Scrolled further; additional sleepers/outperformers on the next screen: godwin, humphries, wilson, fales. de'angelo henderson, handsome jimmy g.
chiefs KR injured
Sleepers: collins, benjamin, cooper all outperformed projections
Shady questionable to return
Goodwin left the game
Kroft outperforming projection.

This is all from a single day, game 17 sunday i guess. Most of it frankly isn't news or is driven by a single TD. Yes, they're good about pushing news out quickly, but they push out so much crap that it overwhelms the value.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Zauper posted:

Maybe there's some configuration stuff; I deleted the app two years ago because it was insane.

I just downloaded it again and scrolled down the 'fantasy football alerts' to the regular season.

Here we go:
SLEEPER:
Latavius Murray (MIN-RB) now has 24.4 fantasy points in PPR (23.4 standard), outperforming his projection by 14.46 points

BREAKING:
Holy cow. The #bills are going to the playoffs.

HYPE:
Barkley declared for the draft.

SLEEPER:
Tyler Boyd (CIN-WR) now has 20.1 fantasy points in PPR (15.1 standard), outperforming his projection by 14.94 points with 0:44 remaining in the 4 quarter.

That's visible on one screen. Plus some IDP stuff.

Scrolled further; additional sleepers/outperformers on the next screen: godwin, humphries, wilson, fales. de'angelo henderson, handsome jimmy g.
chiefs KR injured
Sleepers: collins, benjamin, cooper all outperformed projections
Shady questionable to return
Goodwin left the game
Kroft outperforming projection.

This is all from a single day, game 17 sunday i guess. Most of it frankly isn't news or is driven by a single TD. Yes, they're good about pushing news out quickly, but they push out so much crap that it overwhelms the value.

Yea I definitely don't pay attention to it on game days. Just ignore it then. It's use is for breaking news during the week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I ditched Sleeperbot and just have Twitter make notifications from Rotoworld. Seems just as fast.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I ditched Sleeperbot and just have Twitter make notifications from Rotoworld. Seems just as fast.

I am an old who refuses to learn how to twitter. It confuses and frightens me.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just have ittt dump rss feeds into discord

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
May I have a link to the ff discord?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

May I have a link to the ff discord?

There isn't a general one that I'm aware of. Mine is just on a channel I created for one of my leagues

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Azhais posted:

I just have ittt dump rss feeds into discord

I said twitter scares me, you think I want to even attempt to deal with whatever discord is?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey is there a way to look at free agent rookies in MFL easily?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

Hey is there a way to look at free agent rookies in MFL easily?

Rookie is a position you can filter on. I know of no way to look at free agent rookie kickers however, just all rookies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Azhais posted:

Rookie is a position you can filter on. I know of no way to look at free agent rookie kickers however, just all rookies.

yeah the issue is when you try to filter them on the player stats page it doesn't pull any of them up since they didn't have 2017 stats. And the add/drop page doesn't let me filter them, so I'm not sure where exactly to pull them up from.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Reports > Player > Full Free Agent Listing. Then Show Only: Rookies.

e. but as Az said, you can't then sort or filter that list by position.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Reports > Player > Full Free Agent Listing. Then Show Only: Rookies.

Thanks!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1004795804413030400

2018 andrew luck = 2014-15 josh gordon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And Julian Edelman is out for 4 games for PEDs.