Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

THERE IS A THIRD FORD I REPEAT A THIRD FORD

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I really think a dark comedy centered on the Fords that was two parts Arrested Development and one part Trailer Park Boys (with a dash of Veep) would be the most appropriate way to portray them in the media. Doug is obviously Michael Bluth, Randy is GOB, Kathy is Lindsay and of course Rob would be like a demented jock version of Buster. The focus would be poor embattled Doug trying to keep the family together while running Deco labels, and his brother unexpectedly gets elected mayor midway through season one.

Call me Netflix.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Helsing posted:

I really think a dark comedy centered on the Fords that was two parts Arrested Development and one part Trailer Park Boys (with a dash of Veep) would be the most appropriate way to portray them in the media. Doug is obviously Michael Bluth, Randy is GOB, Kathy is Lindsay and of course Rob would be like a demented jock version of Buster. The focus would be poor embattled Doug trying to keep the family together while running Deco labels, and his brother unexpectedly gets elected mayor midway through season one.

Call me Netflix.

Only if all three are played by Damian Lewis in a fat suit.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

pfizerman posted:

THERE IS A THIRD FORD I REPEAT A THIRD FORD

what the gently caress theres a RANDY ford???

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
in truth, they are canada's royal family

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Randy’s been charged with kidnapping, I think. Just as Fordy as the rest of them.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rob and Doug are both really solid political messes but just wait until you see the third brother

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

Marco Orlando had thick, curly black hair and round cheeks. He and his parents, Italian immigrants, lived in a bungalow on a quiet cul-de-sac a short walk from the Ford family home.

He was also supplied a lot of drugs on credit but was notoriously unreliable when it came to paying for them. Among his suppliers, the suspicion was that Marco was sharing his illicit proceeds with his parents and feigning poverty. So two weeks before Christmas, they hatched a plan, said "Tom," a drug dealer who said he was involved in the scheme.

On a Tuesday night, with the usual throng of young adults outside the Bank of Montreal at the Royal York Plaza, Marco was jumped, beaten and thrown into a car. He was driven more than 30 kilometres to a basement in Bolton, where someone called his parents, demanding they hand over the money. For 10 hours, Mr. Orlando was captive, but his parents didn't panic. Instead, they called the police. Within three days, all three men allegedly involved in the plot were under arrest. ("The powers-that-be blow things all out of proportion, and I guess technically it is kidnapping, but in our world, he owed us $5,000," said Tom.)

One of those arrested was Randy Ford, who was 24 at the time. Court records retrieved from the Archives of Ontario show that he was charged with assault causing bodily harm and the forcible confinement of Mr. Orlando. The records do not disclose how the case was resolved. Randy Ford's lawyer at the time, Dennis Morris – currently representing Rob Ford in the controversy over the alleged crack-cocaine video – said he did not recall the incident. He questioned the allegations surrounding the Ford family's past: "What's the point, other than a smear campaign?"

Since his brothers became leaders of Canada's largest city, Randy has largely remained in the background. Like them, he has blond hair and a wide frame; he also drives a Cadillac Escalade. One of the few times he has been photographed by the media was for a Toronto Star article during the 2010 election campaign. He posed with his brothers in front of a portrait of their father at the family business, where Randy oversees manufacturing. During the election-night speeches at the Toronto Congress Centre, he stood silently behind Doug, wearing a dark cowboy hat.

But in the past, he was much less low-key. Whether on his motorcycle or at the helm heel of the family sailboat – The Raymoni – he always went full throttle. When he fought, which was often, it was usually a one-sided affair.

"He was a terror," said Leo, another former associate of Doug Ford.

Numerous sources identified Randy Ford as former drug dealer, including one who identified himself as former partner, but he and Doug maintained distinctly separate operations. "Doug, being savvy as he was and as business-minded as he was, knew his brother was just too volatile," said "Justin," the street-level dealer who said he was supplied by Doug Ford.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

Rob and Doug are both really solid political messes but just wait until you see the third brother

if doug somehow loses then ontario will unlock the secret final boss and we'll have to fight the randiest ford of all

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yinlock posted:

if doug somehow loses then ontario will unlock the secret final boss and we'll have to fight the randiest ford of all

"You think you have defeated me? This isn't even my final form!" - the Ford Family

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
absolute family unit

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Baloogan posted:

absolute family unit

How many metallic crack pipes do I need to collect over the three administrations to make that happen

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lmao Randy Ford looks like someone with an inflation fetish tried to recreate Neil Young

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rob Ford = Mayor
Doug Ford = Premier
Randy Ford = Prime Minister

It is written in stone

Dukemont
Aug 17, 2005
chocolate microscopes

DariusLikewise posted:

Rob Ford = Mayor
Doug Ford = Premier
Randy Ford = Prime Minister

It is written in stone

laughing at the thought (and dreading the implications) of if like Caesar, Rob’s will stipulated a payout to every Torontonian.

Sadly I don’t think it’s too far-fetched...

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

quote:

On a Tuesday night, with the usual throng of young adults outside the Bank of Montreal at the Royal York Plaza

best part of that whole story. I grew up in suburbia to know that this sorta thing is common but it's still really funny that the local Youths gather outside the local BMO

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I encourage all you politically minded people to go on facebook today to try and set the discourse straight in your local groups and crush some people who have nfi how politics work and how discussions about politics revolve around facts and material that has been released such as financial plans.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I deleted my facebook because I prefer sanity, sorry.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Risky Bisquick posted:

I encourage all you politically minded people to go on facebook today to try and set the discourse straight in your local groups and crush some people who have nfi how politics work and how discussions about politics revolve around facts and material that has been released such as financial plans.

lmao if you post on facebook, let alone ever log in

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
cant wait for premier Mike Schreiner to set this garbage province straight

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm back from applying for Social Assistance here in Montreal. Turns out they started this new program of forcing people to go through hoops for their benefits. Yay neo-liberalism.

Here's some news inf rench cause I don't know the name of the program in english: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1092336/objectif-emploi-programme-controverse-prestataires-aide-sociale

gently caress the Quebec Liberals forever, and it looks like the CAQ is gonna win next time lol we're so hosed.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Risky Bisquick posted:

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

Liberals privatizing welfare
:(

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

tekz posted:

I deleted my facebook because I prefer sanity, sorry.

And yet you post in C-SPAM :thunk:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Different kinds of mental illness

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Doug ford won gj guys

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
dehumanize urself and face to dougshed

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
cool province

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

TRUMP

DOUG

TROUG

DOUMP

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
does anyone have that pic of the goon with the "FOLKS FOLKS FOLKS" sign with the crack smoker?

i need it for a project

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
also lmao im going to start hanging out in queens park with a sign that says "DOUG FORD SOLD HASH IN THE 80S"

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ROB FORD MEMORIAL THREAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzI72WrOeA0

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMIQWRsYxak

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
maybe doug ford will be as awful as trum

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gently caress yeah

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT ME@??@?@?@

https://i.imgur.com/ScRIFqQ.gifv

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol just lol at every media outlet in canada going full anti-ford

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
cbc is the crown jewel of fake news

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
the q107 vote came out in full force tonight boys keep yr sticks on the ice keep yr eyes on the puck it's a buck a beER!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
hopefully doug follows his brother and dies in a hilarious and appropriate manner