Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

etalian posted:

Always makes me think what did Chuds think would actually happen?

Trump did make tariffs and trade wars on dishonest foreign companies a key point of his campaign talking points.
Literally the exact same society except without black and brown people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theres a will theres moe posted:

Bitcoin is said to have used at least 24 TWh last year according to stuff I've read, which is said to be equivalent to Ireland's consumption.

It is supposed to grow and have grown by exponential order per six months. If the figures are true then Bitcoin has surpassed the internet as an energy consumer, I guess, assuming Bitcoin is not counted as being part of the internet. But as I understand it measuring Bitcoin energy consumption is entirely a WAG and it's not worth thinking about.

Google says the internet uses 70B kWh yearly which I think is 700 TWh

I'm not a Bitcoin guy or anything, just was interested in the numbers you quoted.

yeah I think I used the US figure for the internet instead of the world figure, still not a bad comparison but way way off oops

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Junkiebev posted:

"Why did you do that?" cried the frog. "Now we will surely both drown!"
"lol," the scorpion replied. "lmao"

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Junkiebev posted:

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Literally the exact same society except without black and brown people.

a sixer of coors banquet costs $58 but at least black kids eight states away get shot on sight for having baggy pants now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

republicans regretting electing the most bribeable president when all of a sudden to control their costs they have to out-bribe all the other businesses who are also bribing him

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Junkiebev posted:

extremely hosed up that the guy who made that tweet took it down

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

extremely hosed up that the guy who made that tweet took it down

dont drag me johnny

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

the account either got banned or was deleted

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
https://twitter.com/TB09087457/status/997274796990894085?s=20

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

The best part about angry chud tweets is the assumption Trump is going to personally read them.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The best part about angry chud tweets is the assumption Trump is going to personally read them.

He's got a lot on his plate but he'll get to that.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Grevling posted:

He's got a lot on his plate but he'll get to that.

republican politicians are the deadbeat dad that says he’s coming to next year’s birthday and republican voters are the dumb kids that still believe he’s showing up when he hasn’t been there for 27 years

they’ll smile and say “you’ll see, Trump will fix it soon” while Trump gives the double-bird to the cameras as he steps on to Marine One with Munchin carrying hundreds of millions of untraceable bills in burlap sacks

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ripoff posted:

republican politicians are the deadbeat dad that says he’s coming to next year’s birthday and republican voters are the dumb kids that still believe he’s showing up when he hasn’t been there for 27 years

they’ll smile and say “you’ll see, Trump will fix it soon” while Trump gives the double-bird to the cameras as he steps on to Marines One with Munchin carrying hundreds of millions of untraceable bills in burlap sacks

"Dad's out getting McDonald's"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Plus the idea that Trump is not actively trying to kill of his own Chud voting base.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I mean, he does spend a shitton of time on Twitter.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

etalian posted:

Plus the idea that Trump is not actively trying to kill of his own Chud voting base.

i mean he isn't, its the other 99.9% of the trump admin that is

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This thread is my favorite thread. It always warms my heart.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

This thread is my favorite thread. It always warms my heart.

I'm glad people are done trying to bust in and shame me for making a thread to laugh at people for getting exactly what they wanted because I will never feel bad for these people who are still gonna be just fine, when there's already desert rape camps that ICE is disappearing people to and they're building internment camps for children that Trump just got done calling criminal animals at the round table today

This is exactly what Trump promised to deliver and he is, gently caress you if you voted for it and now want some sympathy. Go ask it from a family whose breadwinner was forcibly denaturalized by ICE and then disappeared

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

are we just assuming the harley worker voted for trump or did he say he did

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

are we just assuming the harley worker voted for trump or did he say he did

I'm assuming it on the grounds that he's a white person on cable news and they don't let you get a sympathetic profile on cable news unless you're reliably pro-Trump

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
he thought that he was gonna benefit from the tax break republicans forced through and cheered it on

it's not a huge leap to think a guy supporting republicans voted for trump

Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I'm glad people are done trying to bust in and shame me for making a thread to laugh at people for getting exactly what they wanted because I will never feel bad for these people who are still gonna be just fine, when there's already desert rape camps that ICE is disappearing people to and they're building internment camps for children that Trump just got done calling criminal animals at the round table today

This is exactly what Trump promised to deliver and he is, gently caress you if you voted for it and now want some sympathy. Go ask it from a family whose breadwinner was forcibly denaturalized by ICE and then disappeared

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
ok, I knew ICE was deporting people and the system was backed up, but I didn't know about the rape camps.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Mycroft Holmes posted:

ok, I knew ICE was deporting people and the system was backed up, but I didn't know about the rape camps.

Somebody's doing the raping, turns out it was ICE

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mycroft Holmes posted:

https://www.aclu.org/issues/immigrants-rights/immigrants-rights-and-detention/sexual-abuse-immigration-detention-0

and a followup horror:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/us/politics/migrant-children-missing.html

they've "lost track" of 1500 kids (number is almost certainly far higher) that they took from their parents and the gave away to Johnny McNottrafficker

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

Always makes me think what did Chuds think would actually happen?

I asked one shortly after the inauguration and he told me he expected trump would abolish the TSA. (This dude is terrified of muslims and immigrants but is also a "we should be able to bring guns on planes" libertarian.) He was also looking forward to finally being vindicated as not a racist. His gut told him trump was not crooked, and that the economy was not doing nearly as well under Obama as it seemed to be. He held Scott Adams' view that trump is a master negotiator.

I really want to check in with him or some other chuds and see how all that stuff played out but I've been busy.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Novo posted:

I asked one shortly after the inauguration and he told me he expected trump would abolish the TSA. (This dude is terrified of muslims and immigrants but is also a "we should be able to bring guns on planes" libertarian.) He was also looking forward to finally being vindicated as not a racist. His gut told him trump was not crooked, and that the economy was not doing nearly as well under Obama as it seemed to be. He held Scott Adams' view that trump is a master negotiator.

I really want to check in with him or some other chuds and see how all that stuff played out but I've been busy.

After going through the fast lane or whatever thing at McCarran because all the other lanes were closed and they were empty I am left to wonder why we need them at all, when for $85 a year and a 10 minutes interview you can just bring all the shoe bombs and laptop-obscured knives and guns onto planes as you'd like

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Epic High Five posted:

After going through the fast lane or whatever thing at McCarran because all the other lanes were closed and they were empty I am left to wonder why we need them at all, when for $85 a year and a 10 minutes interview you can just bring all the shoe bombs and laptop-obscured knives and guns onto planes as you'd like

I have this bc I travel a lot. The interview was a joke, done by a contractor, but they send my prints and retina to the fbi. I’ve got other clearances so :shrug:

Makes leaving dc faster.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve got other clearances

Did you get a nice letter from OPM after the breach?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TotalLossBrain posted:

Did you get a nice letter from OPM after the breach?

I did! Then I got dox d on SA.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

I have this bc I travel a lot. The interview was a joke, done by a contractor, but they send my prints and retina to the fbi. I’ve got other clearances so :shrug:

Makes leaving dc faster.

oh is that all? FBI already has mine thanks to working as a pharmacy tech for awhile so I may well get it i guess

I only fly a couple times a year but I'm told it pays for itself with a single flight out of Midway

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
I've flown out of O'Hare dozens of times and have never had to wait longer than 10-15 minutes.

Customs is a bigger joke... some uncharismatic, ex-military type grunting some questions at me. Also, being behind some hot woman from Finland or something and some CHUD thinks he can get a date with her while going over his script, delaying the rest of us who just flew across the ocean. lol, fire them all into the sun.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

At this point you should just assume rape and other abuses in any form of detention that doesn't get intense scrutiny. Racists/nationalists set up detention centres for foreigners? There's rape happening in them for sure.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Epic High Five posted:

Global Entry is $99 for 5 years and includes TSA Pre, and is also the same 10 minute interview where they ask you the same exact questions from the application

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
This Ohio factory thought it could bring U.S. jobs back from China. Then Trump got involved.

Bill Adler was invited last year to bid on a contract to make commercial sausage stuffers for a company that wanted to replace its Chinese supplier. The customer had just one non­negotiable demand: Match China’s price.

Adler, owner of metal-parts maker Stripmatic Products, thought he could. But even as he readied his proposal, talk of President Trump’s steel tariffs sent the price of Stripmatic’s main raw material soaring.

In April, with prices up nearly 50 percent from October and the first wave of tariffs in place, Adler’s bid failed. His costs were too high.

Despite the market turmoil unleashed by the president’s actions, Adler remains appreciative of the business tax cut that Trump secured last year and the administration’s broader deregulation efforts.

He was a reluctant Trump voter in 2016 and remains wary of the president’s bombastic style. But Adler likes having someone in the White House who respects business owners in a way that he doesn’t believe leading Democrats do.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

This Ohio factory thought it could bring U.S. jobs back from China. Then Trump got involved.

Bill Adler was invited last year to bid on a contract to make commercial sausage stuffers for a company that wanted to replace its Chinese supplier. The customer had just one non­negotiable demand: Match China’s price.

Adler, owner of metal-parts maker Stripmatic Products, thought he could. But even as he readied his proposal, talk of President Trump’s steel tariffs sent the price of Stripmatic’s main raw material soaring.

In April, with prices up nearly 50 percent from October and the first wave of tariffs in place, Adler’s bid failed. His costs were too high.

Despite the market turmoil unleashed by the president’s actions, Adler remains appreciative of the business tax cut that Trump secured last year and the administration’s broader deregulation efforts.

He was a reluctant Trump voter in 2016 and remains wary of the president’s bombastic style. But Adler likes having someone in the White House who respects business owners in a way that he doesn’t believe leading Democrats do.

Lmao, "yeah he ruined me for pointless political posturing but he respects me"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

w.... what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Trump has the right cultural signifiers for him and the dems dont.