Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

what's a good online co-op game for lovers? me and my boyfriend want to play something really good for our first time, probably pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

100% Orange Juice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We don't talk about that anymore

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

chumbler posted:

100% Orange Juice

Do not try to poison me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Shadow Warrior 2013 has such a somber ending and I love it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

chumbler posted:

100% Orange Juice

Pulp, no pulp, or extra pulp?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My ideal climate is it being cloudy and cool all the time without actually raining

Lizard Wizard posted:

what's a good online co-op game for lovers? me and my boyfriend want to play something really good for our first time, probably pc.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

It's in the name

Edit: Oh, online? Hmm I don't know. A Way Out maybe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lizard Wizard posted:

You don't really need video games to have sex, just explore

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

No pulp, because I'm not a filthy animal.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rarity posted:

You don't really need video games to have sex, just explore

We don't wanna have sex we wanna play video games. :mad:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Pulp Fiction. :colbert:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Monster prom?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Genital Jousting.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Work on your couples communication skills with KEEP TALKING AND NOBODY EXPLODES.

Stardew beta has multiplayer, but I haven't tried it because I'm waiting for it to get pushed to the Switch in late 2031.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Play a hyper competitive game which one of you is much better at

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Knack 2 has co-op

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saints Row
Earth Defense Force
Overload
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Dawn of War 2
Divinity: Original Sin 2

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If this is ps4, monster hunter as an actual suggestion. If you only group with each other you also get to bring your cats along.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just popping in to give the obligatory recommendation of Overcooked that I to give when ever anyone wants a good co op game

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Play Diablo 2 and steal loot from each other.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

tekken

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

suuma posted:

Play Diablo 2 and steal loot from each other.

Diablo has a good track record for relationships.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Real hurthling! posted:

I dont really follow star citizen but i heard today they are selling a 27,000 dollar season pass to their concierge members (who already spent 1000) that gives them every fake videogame ship.
You've been tragically misinformed: that 27 grand pack doesn't even give you every ship.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

univbee posted:

Diablo has a good track record for relationships.

that article rules because she hastily edited in 'also my husband was cheating on me' after people told her it was dumb

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine

e:

Endorph posted:

that article rules because she hastily edited in 'also my husband was cheating on me' after people told her it was dumb

And the part where she says "I was also cheating on him, because he was cheating on me. But this video game is where I knew it was over and I cried a lot. Then I played games with the guy I was cheating on my husband with and he was so cool I asked him if he wanted to have kids with me."

It's a weird, bad article.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 7, 2018

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Tekken 7

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

A Kotaku article, weird and bad, you say?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jason Schreier is like the one good actual journslist who covers games as a news beat and thus justifies Kotaku's continued existence

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The general rule of thumb is publications bad, some good writers spread all across them.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lizard Wizard posted:

Mario party

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Macaluso posted:

That kicks rear end. Thank you for confirming about Seattle being a paradise

As long as you're not homeless. I remember seeing a tent city under a bridge on the way in.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine

e:

And the part where she says "I was also cheating on him, because he was cheating on me. But this video game is where I knew it was over and I cried a lot. Then I played games with the guy I was cheating on my husband with and he was so cool I asked him if he wanted to have kids with me."

Would someone taking out their DS on the first date be a deal breaker for anyone?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

univbee posted:

A Kotaku article, weird and bad, you say?

Well, I used Kotaku as my main source of printed game news, although that's mainly just clicking on the articles with trailers in them. A lot of headlines leave me thinking "I don't care" and I move on (e.g. "The First Ten Minutes of Zelda: Link to the Past Are Perfection" and "Chrono Trigger Was a Great Game" or "What Your Favorite Overwatch Character Says About You"). I worked in games journalism for a very short time when I was in college and while I still romanticize it as a job working with my favorite hobby, I just can't imagine writing articles that anyone would want to read. I'd fall into the same trap as most games journalists wind up and poo poo out 700 words on why Red XIII is the heart of Final Fantasy VII for a bad paycheck with bad benefits.

But I don't think that article on Diablo III was written by a Kotaku staffer. I think that was one of their community submitted articles.

Wamdoodle posted:

Would someone taking out their DS on the first date be a deal breaker for anyone?
Yeah, probably. Unless the conversation was something like "Yeah, I've been playing Bravely Second lately." "Oh cool, I loved Bravely Default but haven't played Second. Do you have the, uh, cat wizards?" "The catmancers? You bet! Want to see?" If we were having a conversation about something else and the other person just stopped talking and played a level of NSMB I would see that as a red flag.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 7, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Wamdoodle posted:

As long as you're not homeless. I remember seeing a tent city under a bridge on the way in.

Yeah there's tents everywhere

Also the Seattle freeze is real. Please don't move here and make my rent go up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no, that diablo 3 article was definitely by a staffer

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

If we were having a conversation about something else and the other person just stopped talking and played a level of NSMB I would see that as a red flag.

What if they got a black flag from doing a normal exit instead?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah there's tents everywhere

Also the Seattle freeze is real. Please don't move here and make my rent go up.

I'm gonna do it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now that I've figured out the actual mechanics for Splinter Cell: Double Agent I'm really getting into it. Even though I'm shamelessly save scumming on Easy difficulty I still get a real kick out of ghosting my way around levels and so far from a few levels in the doing missions for different bosses gimmick seems pretty cool. Although the immediate fridging of a daughter we'd never even met really irked me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

100% Orange Juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

Now that I've figured out the actual mechanics for Splinter Cell: Double Agent I'm really getting into it. Even though I'm shamelessly save scumming on Easy difficulty I still get a real kick out of ghosting my way around levels and so far from a few levels in the doing missions for different bosses gimmick seems pretty cool. Although the immediate fridging of a daughter we'd never even met really irked me.

Make sure to play SC: Conviction once you've finished. The gameplay is pretty different (it's more like Taken: The Game) but it's cathartic as hell.

• Locked thread