Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bernie g*d belss u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

is there anything stopping the liberal supreme court justices from murdering the conservative ones? They're basically too old to threaten with prison or death.

obama killed scalia and got away with it

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

obama killed scalia and got away with it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

is there anything stopping the liberal supreme court justices from murdering the conservative ones? They're basically too old to threaten with prison or death.

decorum.

remember ginsburg was scalia's bestie

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Percelus posted:

trump just has to do something objectively cool and good once in awhile and he easily wins 2020 because baddems can't run against him on anything meaningful since they're corrupt slime serving billionaire interests

he can use the cory booker playbook and get a sweet photo op and feel good story in every so often and it'll provide ample cover for the heinous poo poo his administration is doing

This is probably why Senate Democrats are trying to sabotage any deals with North Korea.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

rudecyrus posted:

This is probably why Senate Democrats are trying to sabotage any deals with North Korea.

theres definitely a strain of hoping trump fucks up korean peace only so he doesnt get credit among dems

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

levi sanders: your pepsi brother in the capitol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shear Modulus posted:

levi sanders: your pepsi brother in the capitol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shear Modulus posted:

theres definitely a strain of hoping trump fucks up korean peace only so he doesnt get credit among dems

i feel like that nk/sk are gonna do this 100% on their own but praise trump for helping so he doesnt gently caress everything up, which, honestly, is the right move

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

anime was right posted:

i feel like that nk/sk are gonna do this 100% on their own but praise trump for helping so he doesnt gently caress everything up, which, honestly, is the right move

It's so weird that baddems hand him an easy political victory by saying that an unambiguously good thing that might happen won't, or is bad.

Then when it does and is good, they lose.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

there will be a peace deal and the democrats will look bad for opposing it and they will also still not have any notable policies that people want and trump wins 49 states in 2020

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Isn't there something weird about this dude too

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
pepsi brother

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Isn't there something weird about this dude too

Levi is extremely mad online and has had some takes about Identity Politics that would come back to bite him if he rose to the national stage

but he brought us the Pepsi Brother meme

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Legalize it you stupid fucks

Run on legal weed! It will be the easiest loving victory!

then how will they keep people addicted to painkillers?

it's like you know nothing about business

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This ref got ignored the first time around, it might be too deep of a cut but I wanna try again

loquacius posted:

APU (as STEVE): I'm collecting for the high school reunion.
MARGE (as LEVI): Come here. I want to fight you, just once, slowly and angrily, on your Facebook wall.

APU: I am just a simple Pepsi bro
No drama do I seek
I just wanted forty bucks
For the class reunion next week

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Because the left hasn't already won, they are impotent and bad.

This is the iron-clad logic that has been used for ages by liberals to attack the left.

"see leftism doesn't work, please ignore our blatant sabotage" is the oldest trick in the book, and one that still works

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

if Trump pushed for comprehensive universal healthcare, it’d be over for Democrats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSMGrKSUgj4
versus
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/05/trump-asked-why-cant-medicare-simply-cover-everybody.html

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if trump supported medicare for all, I could see democrats being a bigger obstacle than republicans

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm predicting he pushes medicare for all (whites)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

anime was right posted:

Trump prefers not doing anything unless he absolutely has to, so if he doesn't sabotage the peace talks between Un and Moon it's because he doesn't know that he's supposed to stop it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Stairmaster posted:

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

if trump supported medicare for all, I could see democrats being a bigger obstacle than republicans

Honestly I'd be one of them, because I don't trust him

Any M4A bill Trump pushes is getting one hell of a :chloe: from me, because you guys joke but I'd be relatively certain he was going to find a way to restrict it to white people or something

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

loquacius posted:

Honestly I'd be one of them, because I don't trust him

Any M4A bill Trump pushes is getting one hell of a :chloe: from me, because you guys joke but I'd be relatively certain he was going to find a way to restrict it to white people or something

It would be Medicare for undeserved rural communities, everyone else gets dick

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

The Nastier Nate posted:

In order to get medicare, you need to prove addiction to opioids

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
there are exactly 5000 voters in the united states that care about a korean peace deal and they all live in the D.C. NY corridor

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

to prove your identity when claiming your medicare benefits the only allowable form of ID is a gun license or a bank statement showing a balance of at least $100,000

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

ive mentioned it a few times before, but the gop could do "medicare mostly for white folks" by doing medicare for all w the rider that you dont get it if you ever have certain drug or felony convictions, then letting racist policing take care of the rest

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

there are exactly 5000 voters in the united states that care about a korean peace deal and they all live in the D.C. NY corridor

welcome home, snake

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Stairmaster posted:

IIRC this was the centerpiece of Steve Bannon's plan and we should all be glad he was ousted because it would have given Republicans a majority for a hundred years

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Shear Modulus posted:

to prove your identity when claiming your medicare benefits the only allowable form of ID is a gun license or a bank statement showing a balance of at least $100,000

They would never do this, one of the things that renders revolution impossible is that leftists have a deep cultural aversion to guns, and this would erode that.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

god drat it and god drat the democrats

https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/status/1004797552036753408

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Venom Snake posted:

I’m sure there are one or two traitors to the glory of juche outside of the beltway

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

I'm very mad about these high gas prices so I'm going to vote for the party that believes (or claims to believe) in global warming, investments in public transportation, taxes and fighting the big oil companies.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

did hypocrisy ever lose the GOP anything except that time there was near economic collapse

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Squizzle posted:

ive mentioned it a few times before, but the gop could do "medicare mostly for white folks" by doing medicare for all w the rider that you dont get it if you ever have certain drug or felony convictions, then letting racist policing take care of the rest

even with those sorts of conditions you're still looking at the greatest expansion of the welfare state since LBJ, and would absolutely be an improvement on the current status quo

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Nonsense posted:

did hypocrisy ever lose the GOP anything except that time there was near economic collapse

Matt Yglesias and Paul F Tompkins have been somewhat radicalized by their bullshit

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich
hypocrisy has never hurt the GOP because hypocrisy is the standard operating procedure for american politicians

what are you going to do? vote for the other hypocritical corporatist party?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

pushpins posted:

Matt Yglesias and Paul F Tompkins have been somewhat radicalized by their bullshit

I am also basically only radicalized by how bad Republicans are and not any attraction to far left politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

pushpins posted:

matt going on twitter and putting forward the idea that anti-china sentiment is the winning political play of the day is not really indicative of radicalization in any direction but the worst kind

• Locked thread