Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Thanks for being the first to point that out.

One tamal.
Two tamales.

edit: but who the gently caress ever has one tamal

the Nahuatl word from which tamal(e) is derived is tamalli so it's kinda ambiguous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Honestly, that entire scene is nothing but wrong moments to pause

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
McDonald's has that sweet tea, though.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

McDonald's has that sweet tea, though.

that's clearly a milkshake

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Except we have the internet so you can ask locals days in advance, there are probably dedicated communities for it. Even here on SA we've got a whole thread for it plus one or two dedicated to single cities, if not more.

I get your point, its nice if you have actual time to do it. But from experience, traveling 10h+straight exchanging between trains, taxis and getting thru the airport at both ends, finally getting your poo poo into the hotel room and going out to quickly grab something before going to bed before the next morning's 08AM meeting or signup into the venue, you really do not want to hassle around with A) finding the recommended place B) making yourself look something else than a hobo with clothes from the Goodwill C) actually going to the place and D) waiting for the service, food and bill and E) getting back to the hotel because you need to actually sleep before diving headfirst into the meeting and your pitch/presentation/booth/whatever.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Der Kyhe posted:

I get your point, its nice if you have actual time to do it. But from experience, traveling 10h+straight exchanging between trains, taxis and getting thru the airport at both ends, finally getting your poo poo into the hotel room and going out to quickly grab something before going to bed before the next morning's 08AM meeting or signup into the venue, you really do not want to hassle around with A) finding the recommended place B) making yourself look something else than a hobo with clothes from the Goodwill C) actually going to the place and D) waiting for the service, food and bill and E) getting back to the hotel because you need to actually sleep before diving headfirst into the meeting and your pitch/presentation/booth/whatever.

I ask the front desk what delivers this late, and then call that.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

subpar anachronism posted:

that's clearly a milkshake
Are you unaware of foam?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cage posted:

Are you unaware of foam?

You can literally see the dried milkshake on the rim of the cup

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Woe to the Kids These Days who think that's a smear instead of a spot-on Rodney Dangerfield.

(that's the best quality I could find on short notice :sigh:)

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Cage posted:

Are you unaware of foam?
where do you live that a straw will stand straight up in a sweet tea?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Elizabethan Error posted:

probably somewhere in the American south

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

edit: also it's Hawaii there's so many good restaurants and I want to beat up your parents

I am aware. One meal involved eating pizza at Costco

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Doing the 5 min of "research" to find the best places to eat when on the road is one of the best parts of traveling. I've got a Mcdonalds in my own city, why the gently caress would I eat at one somewhere else? It also means you don't get to discover the often amazing names of local places.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I am aware. One meal involved eating pizza at Costco

Not even a chicken bake???

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Elizabethan Error posted:

We call that crunchy sweet tea.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Relevant to the discussion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x9mmOndQz4

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm still really mad that the guy took down the original upload, but here's my favorite sweet tea recipe video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLiuaEtvdo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

“Hey, what decoration do you think Dollywood is going to have?”

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Last sentence is pretty Achewood.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

chitoryu12 posted:

Dollywood owns :pigoff:

Edit to be clear, not telling you to gently caress off just figured a pig being squished was relevant :)

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

chitoryu12 posted:

What's the matter Clarice, do you still hear them, the screaming of the piglets? Do you pray for the silence of the hams?

I mean it's not wrong. Hog killing was a community thing and everybody shared in the bounty. It was, and in some areas, still is a fact of life.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

That face. It haunts me.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
THE ONe on the the right is p funny tho

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That sign is right next to the church!

Also Dollywood has a working church that does in-park services in case your Sunday or Wednesday theme park visit absolutely can’t interrupt Jesus.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Cage posted:

Are you unaware of foam?

if your sweet tea is foamy you need to rinse your dishes better, and I don't even know what to tell you about the straw situation

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I beat my tea until the foam makes stiff peaks.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Aleph Null posted:

That face. It haunts me.

lollontee posted:

THE ONe on the the right is p funny tho

Maybe you should both nope not doing it

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's this dudes daughter

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

SpacePig posted:

I'm still really mad that the guy took down the original upload, but here's my favorite sweet tea recipe video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLiuaEtvdo

Whoa suttsteve! Is he still around? That's a blast from the past. His daily updates on YouTube were totally a trip. If I recall correctly, he's got a pretty good recipe for boiled peanuts, too.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Besesoth posted:

Woe to the Kids These Days who think that's a smear instead of a spot-on Rodney Dangerfield.

(that's the best quality I could find on short notice :sigh:)

All Rodney Dangerfield pictures are bad quality by default

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Samuringa posted:

All Rodney Dangerfield pictures are bad quality by default

Have a little respect.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

It's a little known fact that it's not the pictures, Rodney Dangerfield was just grainy looking to begin with.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

MockingQuantum posted:

It's a little known fact that it's not the pictures, Rodney Dangerfield was just grainy looking to begin with.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I had an uncle who would say stuff like that to me when I was a kid, and I swear I'm still uncovering some esoteric lies he told me twenty years ago because a lot of it sounded totally reasonable at the time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Have a little respect.

Chee-ee, I tell ya, millennials have no respect.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/1004727282555084801

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I am absolutely dying. Now I want to put the Unsolved Mysteries theme over everything just to see what happens.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I choked on my tea, hah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

MockingQuantum posted:

I had an uncle who would say stuff like that to me when I was a kid, and I swear I'm still uncovering some esoteric lies he told me twenty years ago because a lot of it sounded totally reasonable at the time.

I taught my nieces that probability is a lie to create more homework because everything is 50/50. It happens or it doesn't.
They're 10 and 7.