Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

There was a crossover promotion?

... of course there was. It's been a hell of a ride watching these two "industry titans" come out of mothballs to show the upstart young'uns how game development is really done.

You have to know there's at least one publisher reading this thread on the John in morning.

A headline to cheer anyone up; "A far-right German politician had his clothes stolen while swimming in a lake, with the thief reportedly shouting: “This is no swimming area for Nazis.”

Alexander Gauland, who is co-leader of Alternative for Germany (AfD), was forced to walk partially-naked through the streets, accompanied by a police officer, after someone absconded with his clothes as he bathed in the waters just outside Berlin."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

You know, you have to love this entire dumpster fire in some sick and perverted way.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Scruffpuff posted:

... of course there was. It's been a hell of a ride watching these two "industry titans" come out of mothballs to show the upstart young'uns how game development is really done.

My favorite crossover promotion was that YouTube video where Richard Garriott explains to alleged physics genius Chris Roberts how movement in space worked and Roberts being completely dumb the entire time.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/SidAlpha/status/1004773544918638592
https://twitter.com/Hater_115/status/1004781096553340928

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

You know, you have to love this entire dumpster fire in some sick and perverted way.

Popcorn? Dog? Beer? Baked Potato?

What is your pleasure?

X-Ultron posted:

My favorite crossover promotion was that YouTube video where Richard Garriott explains to alleged physics genius Chris Roberts how movement in space worked and Roberts being completely dumb the entire time.

Ah yes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

The genius in the room, here. You can almost smell it.

One of these guys got $200 mill to create a space sim, and it's not the one with the beard. Unless you think I'm being really mean about Sandi.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I see the backers are going to win this battle by drowning the enemy in corpses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eowPka21BNc

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I see the backers are going to win this battle by drowning the enemy in corpses.

Sometimes quantity has a quality all of it's own.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Scruffpuff posted:

Founder's Vanduul Polearm

quote:

“The universe is big, very big. It is believed there must be many living worlds.
Yet, separated by vast distances, most are likely unknown to each other.
It has long been known, that the lands of Lord British were on a planet found far from the earth.
Few have known, but many suspected, that artifacts, if not living visitors, from technologically advanced civilizations, periodically find their way to New Britannia.
Such artifacts and rumored encounters are rare, yet there are those who claim this artifact comes from such another world..."

Star Citizen Aeronaut Helmet Starter Bundle

quote:

Star Citizen Aeronaut Helmet Starter Bundle

In celebration of Shroud of the Avatar achieving the Final Wipe milestone, Cloud Imperium Games and Portalarium are proud to offer this special Limited Edition package! Includes early access so you can experience the game as it is being built! Additionally, the bundle includes:

50 Bank Slots
Star Citizen Aether Aeronaut Helmet
Star Citizen Mustang Alpha Starter Package

Star Citizen Aether Aeronaut Helmet

quote:

The Cloud Imperium Sky Navy equips its daring Aeronauts with these helmets that include the latest in Kobold Aether Vibration technology, allowing the user to tune into radio stations.

Star Citizen Airship City Home

quote:

In celebration of Shroud of the Avatar achieving the Final Wipe milestone, Cloud Imperium Games and Portalarium are proud to offer this special Limited Edition package!

The Cloud Imperium Sky Navy has recently decommissioned 150 of their armor clad airships and lucky Outlanders can purchase them to use as homes on their City Lots. These float above a city lot, providing ample living area while preserving almost 100% of yard space!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hav posted:

Popcorn? Dog? Beer? Baked Potato?

What is your pleasure?

Right. There is some oddball Venn diagram with this shitheap that overlaps around 90% of itself. The other 10% like pineapple on their pizza.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Right. There is some oddball Venn diagram with this shitheap that overlaps around 90% of itself. The other 10% like pineapple on their pizza.

We're mapping sets in klein space with this poo poo.

And when you eat the pineapple, the pineapple eats you.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"Our banned accounts shall block out the sun!" :argh:

"Then we shall FUD in the shade" :smuggo:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's a little MoMA inside us all.

Not everybody has a toast-based breakfast. Me? Nothing like some picadas.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoFbElsrTK4

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: Around the Verse: Up Your Arsenal

So fresh!

Yet I’m beginning to worry about Chris. He’s been MIA on ATV for weeks. Maybe he’s busy putting the finishing touches on a blowout showreel at the PC Gaming Show in a few days.

Maybe his time.... ish NOW! (Raises fist, shatters globe.)

EDIT: ”We’re fighting about things we should’ve figured out years ago. Please bear with us until Chris performs his Solomonic function and we can progress on this vital gameplay decision.”

Major strides have been made in Enemy FPS AI!

:chanpop:

Somebody please make an animated gif of that thrilling corridor shootout.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 7, 2018

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
HOT WAX ACTION

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Holy poo poo Shroud is ugly.

Two screenshots from two different games. One of these games came out in 2006, the other in 2018. I challenge you to tell me which is which

That tight rear end on the male model is a Shroud of the Avatar defining trait. Not that I've looked at it.

e:

Hav posted:

I bet you could bounce pebbles off that thing.

I see I'm not the only one.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Around the Verse: Up Your Arsenal

So fresh!

Yet I’m beginning to worry about Chris. He’s been MIA on ATV for weeks. Maybe he’s busy putting the finishing touches on a blowout showreel at the PC Gaming Show in a few days.

Maybe his time.... ish NOW! (Raises fist, shatters globe.)

EDIT: ”We’re fighting about things we should’ve figured out years ago. Please bear with us until Chris performs his Solomonic function and we can progress on this vital gameplay decision.”

Major strides have been made in Enemy FPS AI!

:chanpop:

Somebody please make an animated gif of that thrilling corridor shootout.

Not a gif, but I slowed it down

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

I see I'm not the only one.

I admire something obviously holding that much tension in place.

That could crack a walnut.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Saw posted:

Old Dutch Dill Pickle chips are much better than Lay's Dill Pickle chips
I will go to the mat on this

I like Golden Flake's.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

That AtV was hilarious yet hideous.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrU3znua43s

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

Not a gif, but I slowed it down

It’s like a scene from a Michael Bay film!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Golli posted:

I do have one problem with SidAlpha's response to the citizen defense force.

He agreed that he was overreacting.

When it comes to rape and murder threats against your teenage daughter, there is no such thing as overreacting.

It is perfectly rational to assume that ANY member, and even multiple members, of the Star Citizen community are the culprits.

It is perfectly rational to assume that other members of the community know who posted the threats.

It is up to the authorities to bring the culprits to justice.

It is up to the Star Citizen community to fix their reputation by helping the authorities do their job.

It is up to SidAlpha to do whatever he needs to do to protect his family.

Indeed, the only response to any post by a Citizen from now on should be the question "how many daughters did you threaten to rape today?" Because until the "individual" is brought to account, I have to assume it could be any of them. And if that upsets you Citizens, may I just remind you that it's not what you say it's what you're seen to do that decides people on their attitude to you. No one cares what you meant by it, they're dealing with how it affected their life.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Montoya is not a very smart man.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that was overly mean of me to say but it's the truth.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

X-Ultron posted:

Oh my god please tell me somebody has a link for this

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun

item 2.0 lookin good

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hav posted:

Ah yes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

The genius in the room, here. You can almost smell it.

One of these guys got $200 mill to create a space sim, and it's not the one with the beard. Unless you think I'm being really mean about Sandi.

Yesssss :munch:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh my god please tell me somebody has a link for this

I think this was the infamous video where Chris tried to school Garriott as to how you could "swim" in space, in a weightless vacuum, by moving your arms and legs in a certain way to provide yourself momentum. He got pretty frustrated when Garriott wasn't "getting it."

The look on Garriott's face was priceless.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

I think this was the infamous video where Chris tried to school Garriott as to how you could "swim" in space, in a weightless vacuum, by moving your arms and legs in a certain way to provide yourself momentum. He got pretty frustrated when Garriott wasn't "getting it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g Seriously, it's right here.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Sorry, when the father of space gaming disagrees with a lifelong LARPer, my money’s on space man. Yeah, I know, Garriott has actually been to space but he was just a tourist. In his heart, Chris Roberts lives there. He knows.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm living it up for this Youtuber war over Scam Shitizen

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

Silly roberts, humans can't move around in mid-air.

Cats can though. cats can alter their center of gravity and orientation through a rotational reflex taking advantage of their floating collarbone.

Please back my kickstarter about cats in space tia.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Did Montoya get sued yet?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Chris has a fundamental misunderstanding of the most basic principle in .... well, in this case physics, but anything actually.

The first bit about changing the speed of rotation by changing your moment of inertia is correct (it's how figure skaters control their angular velocity during their spins).

But changing the direction or magnitude of your momentum (which is a vector quantity) requires the application of an external force - so unless you have something to push against you are not going to change direction, slow down or speed up.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thatguy posted:

Did Montoya get sued yet?

oops wrong account.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Montoya Guarantee™:
"Squadron 42 will sell over $30,000,000 in the first month."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus