Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I read the other day that Alad V is currently in the wrong order as you unlock the star chart, because he's our kind of buddy in War Within because he's cured of the infection he doesn't get until the quest on Eris. And i'm not sure where Zanuka fits in because I'm pretty sure you can't be friends with someone who cut up a bunch of your friends for grofit.

The community have been saying for a long time that the bosses need their own story quests to fill people in on what their deal is if they missed the time limited events where it was all explained.

E: Also i'm pretty sure I've never seen anything to do with Ambulas outside of sorties.

I just want more of Counselor Hek, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Humble has some Warframe starter packs on sale, are any of these worth picking up as a noob?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Shredder posted:

Humble has some Warframe starter packs on sale, are any of these worth picking up as a noob?

These look real bad. Those are piddly amounts of plat for the cost, exilus mods are definitely not that useful and you can depend on goons for way better mods than those. You're better off getting a discount voucher in game and buying just platinum.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Shredder posted:

All of those bundles are hilariously bad. Save your money.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Apparently there's some stuff you can get by signing up to their newsletter (and then unsubscribing straight away).

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTrIxUt57es

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Apparently there's some stuff you can get by signing up to their newsletter (and then unsubscribing straight away).

You dont even need to subscribe to the newsletter, just uncheck the box to subscribe under the warframe offer

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I would unironically love a detailed story about The Sergeant. Dude is the best sortie boss.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i want to fight nef anyo

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Yodzilla posted:

I’m a sucker for taking photographs of things to catalogue them in games but holy poo poo even with stealth double points it takes a loving LOT to fill out some entries.

Also loving lol having codex entries for crap like rando barrels or broken grates.

Yeah I did this with the Helios. You fill it up with scanners and it just scans new things constantly. Pretty handy!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

Everything about the Warframe world and lore feels like it was written by someone in high school and added to over the course of two decades and then the author convinced his bosses at Digital Extremes to make his dream a reality. He was so close with Dark Sector but then had to shelve his masterpiece for another decade.

the Metzen approach makes billions as Warcraft and Starcraft are concerned

also have you seen my avatar

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Spudd posted:

I would unironically love a detailed story about The Sergeant. Dude is the best sortie boss.

Same, big time member of the Sergeant fan club over here. It's his unflappable confidence that wins me over - he's just so certain he's got our number, what with his "one very bad smoke bomb" and his "being a little taller than most people" - and I hope he stays around in some capacity after they've figured out what to do with his tile :shobon:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I loving hate Kril or whatever that boss’s name is with the backpack full of frozen poo poo who is invincible until you break it three times. What a boring, tedious fight.

In the level where you fight him and some other boss at the same time I ran out of ammo so I had to break his pack by doing downward melee slams over and over again and then just swinging my sword wildly to chip his health down. His big dumb hammer couldn’t even hit me for some reason.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

i want to fight nef anyo

I like that most of the Corpus bosses are robots and underlings fighting for the cowardly CEOs and you almost never confront them directly.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I hope the sarge gets the full body chop and gets his brain inserted into one of those spider mechs they've been working on.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

I loving hate Kril or whatever that boss’s name is with the backpack full of frozen poo poo who is invincible until you break it three times. What a boring, tedious fight.

In the level where you fight him and some other boss at the same time I ran out of ammo so I had to break his pack by doing downward melee slams over and over again and then just swinging my sword wildly to chip his health down. His big dumb hammer couldn’t even hit me for some reason.

Lol, I hated that fight. Is there anything that tells you what his weakspot is? I ended up just looking up how to beat him. At least with Hek, and while not immediately obvious, you just shoot him in the face when he pops out to talk poo poo to you.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
I hope that after a long and grueling mission we finally get a chance to fight Nef Anyo or some other big name Corpus, and he dies in one hit.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

at least Alad V will give you the time of day :colbert:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol, I hated that fight. Is there anything that tells you what his weakspot is? I ended up just looking up how to beat him. At least with Hek, and while not immediately obvious, you just shoot him in the face when he pops out to talk poo poo to you.

I mean his weakspot is literally glowing. The fight is still tedious as gently caress though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PS4 question - how do I change to Vauban's other mines? I have my powers mapped to the d-pad and tapping 2 changes between tripwire and bounce, and holding 2 deploys my current selection. But isn't there supposed to be a 3rd or 4th mine? How do?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

You have to fully level that Vauban ability before you can access all the submunitions - same goes for Ivara's arrow quiver

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

PS4 question - how do I change to Vauban's other mines? I have my powers mapped to the d-pad and tapping 2 changes between tripwire and bounce, and holding 2 deploys my current selection. But isn't there supposed to be a 3rd or 4th mine? How do?

Hold R1 and use the face buttons, rather than the touchpad. It's surprisingly easy to get used to for Vauban, but still makes him a bit of a pain to play

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Is the humble code able to be used if you used the paradox code? or is it a 'once per account' you can get from different sources?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
My friend tells me you can make Trinity Prime like a God with energy vampire and some certain mods, but I dunno, Excalibur is still kind of fun. I dont know who to level first and its killing me

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Most trinity builds rely on rare and advanced mods that aren't available to you just yet.

But the answer here is: level both

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
This is like the best and worst game for me because every warframe looks cool and the abilities look awesome

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

that's why you have to collect them all

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Trinity just got a massive damage nerf, to a gimmick that was never intended to be that strong in the first place mind you, and she's still a welcome addition to probably any team doing any activity.

All of the frames are great. Okay not all of them but they constantly get changed and tweaked all the time, Saryn just got reworked and then updated two or three times in a row in only a week or two.

I have a dream that one day Wukong will have his broken large melee range by default, and anything else to make him good.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

that's why you have to collect them all

Yeah, this game's progress curve is basically "Pokémon, but guns" so if everything looks cool to you then, congratulations, total mastery of everything is a major part of the endgame - third only to helping newbies and refining your signature fashion :D

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

nerdz posted:

Most trinity builds rely on rare and advanced mods that aren't available to you just yet.

Endgame Trinity, sure. But for a new player with an unused Amazon prime trial? There are no 'builds', and a free Trinity, presumably with free built-in potato, is pretty amazing.

First week I started it was Frost prime that was being given away, and that was all sorts of improvement over my basic Excal. And Trinity has the bonus of not having an annoying ability you don't realise is annoying 'til people yell at you.

Just look at all those polarity slots (don't look too hard at the aura one!) and the ability to self-heal, and regen energy - this poo poo is super useful early on, and while she does nothing damage-wise, that just means you can enjoy using weapons. Frame-power war crimes is something for late game.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Archenteron posted:

Here's my general take/abridging of the Warframe Lore:

In the far future, the Orokin are high tech caste system Ultimate Assholes who are immortal or "immortal" and use Kuva to possess other peoples bodies. They have clone servants/soldiers (Grineer). At some point, they send self-evolving robots to go set up the highway to a distant star system. Some time after that, the Zariman Ten Zero has a Gellar Field accident while traveling through the Void (rap tap tap), adults go insane, children go psychic and less-insane. Margulis gets her eyes mindburnt but gets the kids into Nap Pods to give them some control and gentle brainwashing. Orokin flip their poo poo about these Literal Goddamned Psykers, Margulis flips them off, the Council of Executors kill her, Ballas gets blueballed. Oh also the Earth is a weird polluted and mutant plant hell.

Anyway the Space Highway Robots have gone Skynet and come back as hyper-adaptive deathborgs aka Sentients. Lasers don't work well, Nanomachine bioweapons really don't work, but after some Grineer miners "mine" a Sentient or two successfully, they shrug and go low-tech against the Terminators to better success. Ballas & Co go "Wait, we built those robots to be weak to Void Energy, let's... [Lore Unknown Here] and shove the psychic children's minds into these shiny new Warframe suits, tell them they're Honorable Space Ninjas, and have them fight the Sentients". Thus, the Tenno. One Sentient gets its rear end blown up on the Plains of Eidolon by Gara Prime. The Tenno get more established and the Sentient War carries on for a bit.

Hunhow and Natah come up with a simple 4 part plan to Beat the Orokin: 1) Have Natah become a mole, use the memory of Margulis to get in with the Tenno. 2) Hunhow jobs to the Tenno and his "corpse" sinks beneath Uranus. 3) Natah incites the Tenno to rebel against the Orokin during V-Day Celebration and slaughter them (Teshin sighs and goes off to become a kung fu monk hermit, some other soldier loses his poo poo [Something Happens], and becomes The Stalker), 4) Natah wakes Hunhow back up, they sneak attack the Tenno amidst the chaos, Sentients Win goes "gently caress YOU I'M THE DADDY NOW", turns off Hunhow's alarm, and becomes The Lotus. At about this time, that Nanomachine Bioweapon gets spilled again so the Infested is becoming an issue in the Origin System, oh also the Grineer are slightly more free-willed than they're supposed to be and a few Orokin (especially a pair of twin sisters) help them out. The Corpus, who were some fringe tech scavenger money cultists, are raking it in. Connection with (assumed) other areas of space outside the Origin System get cut off, and basically Everything Is Going To poo poo. Lotus puts the kids back to bed so there's one less tempest in the teapot, everything settles down for Indeterminate Amount of Time as Corpus and Grineer become the dominant powers in the system, and then Warframe as We Know It mostly begins.

A bit of things to fix in that mostly accurate summary:
- Margulis was revealed to have helped Ballas in creating the warframes. She changed her mind later and was executed.
- The Orokin was very much against AI, especially high functioning ones, which is why later AIs like the Moas, are animal based. Which is why they were originally against sending the adaptive drones to build solar rails to Tau System, but our boy Ballas convinced them otherwise.
- Grineers were originally dumb slaves. They were made into soldiers when they discovered a variant that enjoyed fighting. The Orokin were desperate as the Sentients were trouncing them so they needed more soldiers.
- The infested bio weapon was released to slow down the Sentients during the war. The Tenno were established after this.
- The Zariman kids being able to link to uncontrollable infested monster was an accidental discovery.
- Hunhow actually died so he wasn't sleeping. Except for Sentients, dying is not the same as organic lifeforms, as also can be seen with the eidolons.
- We're not sure if Natah or Hunhow came up with the idea to get Natah copy Margulis (or inhabit her body). That might have come later. Ballas also might have something to do with it. This should be explained in the upcoming quest.

I don't know how one would call Warframe's lore as high schooler nerd concepts without saying the same to all scifi, really. The bar is not exactly that high, especially ones with space magic.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That bit of time where you come back to Warframe after a bit and feel like you've lost your mind. What was I do, what the gently caress is this, why do I have a jaffa staff weapon, what missions was I doing, :psypop:

Never did build Vauban Prime apparently.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

xiansi posted:

First week I started it was Frost prime that was being given away, and that was all sorts of improvement over my basic Excal. And Trinity has the bonus of not having an annoying ability you don't realise is annoying 'til people yell at you.
What is the annoying excal thing? Hopefully its blind since I never use that.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

Trinity just got a massive damage nerf, to a gimmick that was never intended to be that strong in the first place mind you, and she's still a welcome addition to probably any team doing any activity.

All of the frames are great. Okay not all of them but they constantly get changed and tweaked all the time, Saryn just got reworked and then updated two or three times in a row in only a week or two.

I have a dream that one day Wukong will have his broken large melee range by default, and anything else to make him good.

I always hear Wukong put down. What are his downsides?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

I always hear Wukong put down. What are his downsides?

Everything he does can be done better by other people, and his one neat trick (beating dudes to death from across the map) isn't that useful.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

xiansi posted:

Endgame Trinity, sure. But for a new player with an unused Amazon prime trial? There are no 'builds', and a free Trinity, presumably with free built-in potato, is pretty amazing.

Just look at all those polarity slots (don't look too hard at the aura one!) and the ability to self-heal, and regen energy - this poo poo is super useful early on, and while she does nothing damage-wise, that just means you can enjoy using weapons. Frame-power war crimes is something for late game.

Funnily enough I've had Amazon prime for years, didnt know that meant I had twitch prime too.

By a potato you mean a catalyst or reactor right? What do you mean by built in?

Orv
May 4, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Funnily enough I've had Amazon prime for years, didnt know that meant I had twitch prime too.

By a potato you mean a catalyst or reactor right? What do you mean by built in?

Right, Primes come with a pre-installed potato so they automatically have full mod room.*

*There's other poo poo you can do to increase it but don't worry about that for now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Redundant posted:

What is the annoying excal thing? Hopefully its blind since I never use that.
I think he's referring to the annoying Frost Prime ability, which is Snowglobe, because it blocks line of sight if you spam it everywhere. If you deploy it badly, you can end up giving enemies cover to close in on you.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Wukong's cloudwalk needs to actually let him zoom around on a fluffy little cloud, like in Monkey Magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Orv posted:

Right, Primes come with a pre-installed potato so they automatically have full mod room.*

*There's other poo poo you can do to increase it but don't worry about that for now.
Purchased / gift primes do, I don't think ones you assemble from relic parts do.

Anything you buy with plat or get gifted will have a catalyst and inventory slot included.