Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hey! I remember you! You spiraled into a vortex of crazy some other time when hypnotism came up. I don't believe in it either.

I know, there's an old thread in A/T about it I started the last time this thread got derailed.

I've said my piece to anonymous goon, and I'll go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I believe I am being followed/observed by people that must be affiliated with the government. I am aware of the people who believe in "gangstalking", but I don't identify with them and consider myself to have reasonable mental health aside from occasional depression and substance abuse. I have held a respected career for almost a decade with no issues. One natural next step in that career was applying to work for the government in some intelligence capacity, such as the FBI, NHS or CIA. I applied to the CIA as an analyst a month ago. Ever since then I feel like I'm being watched constantly.

I see people outside look at me longer than normal people would, I'll walk by the window looking out on my driveway and see men parked on the street looking toward my house, I notice people following me on the way to work, etc. Every day. I snapped one day at the mall and yelled at a guy demanding to know who he was and why he was staring at me and he threatened to call the police so I left, but it didn't fool me. I'm sure I'll see him again in a few days. I think they are testing me to see if I can withstand psychological torture, but they haven't responded to my application at all. Surely this type of test would happen further down the line when they are more sure they want to hire me.

I mean, honestly I've had friends who've worked for the government, and they don't follow you around to make sure you're not a Russian spy, they just schedule appointments with your friends and relatives to get testimony that you haven't taken any mysterious trips to Chechnya and that you're not particularly blackmailable.

The sane response is "you're just thinking about the CIA a lot because you applied for a job with them and the rest is all confirmation bias" but that's not the GBS response, the GBS response is "buy a gun and start pointing it at anyone you think is after you"

quote:

People like to play that thought exercise and ask “would you kill hitler if you could go back in time?”. I would, I remember from the very first time someone told me this I knew my answer. The chance to save millions and possibly see the Earth along a better path? Maybe avoid the Cold War, nuclear proliferation, and the current shitshow that is the United States? Yeah, I would.

Here’s the thing, I’m entirely sure we are in the same kind of scenario right now. I know there’s a certain world leader who is on the same scale as Hitler, and if left to his own devices? He will cause World War 3. I think you all know who I mean, let’s avoid getting these forums searched again, eh? Loq I get it if you wanna skip all this stuff, I don’t want anyone getting in trouble.

Anyway my confession comes in here, nobody gives a poo poo about my belief. I’m not the only person who thinks that. But I am the only person who could pull it off. I spent close to 7 years in martial arts classes, at which point I learned to go beyond human limits. I spent 3 years in the USMC, then another 4 years as private security for people like Taylor Swift and Brad Pitt. I’m trained in every weapon imaginable, most martial arts. I’m an expert in security, and that includes getting past security. Will I do it? Yeah, honestly, I believe it’s for the good of the world right now.

I don't think this counts as a credible threat (mods let me know if otherwise), but I'm of the "President Pence with a cooperative legislative branch would be much worse" school of thought so pls at least wait until the Dems can get control of Congress before you step in with your five-point palm exploding heart technique TIA

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

loquacius posted:

I mean, honestly I've had friends who've worked for the government, and they don't follow you around to make sure you're not a Russian spy, they just schedule appointments with your friends and relatives to get testimony that you haven't taken any mysterious trips to Chechnya and that you're not particularly blackmailable.

The sane response is "you're just thinking about the CIA a lot because you applied for a job with them and the rest is all confirmation bias" but that's not the GBS response, the GBS response is "buy a gun and start pointing it at anyone you think is after you"

I don't think this counts as a credible threat (mods let me know if otherwise), but I'm of the "President Pence with a cooperative legislative branch would be much worse" school of thought so pls at least wait until the Dems can get control of Congress before you step in with your five-point palm exploding heart technique TIA

First goon I mean depending on your age you could have a mental health issue just starting to crop up. Either way no one is following you that’s not what they do for every tom dick and Harry that applies for the CIA. You ain’t that important.

Second goon poor taste and IMO poor taste to post it. I get that this is a dead gay comedy forum but still.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
I think I speak for everyone when I say, "I’m trained in every weapon imaginable", translates to "I weigh 350 pounds and play Call of Duty all day".

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
The whole killing Hitler thing is such bullshit anyway. WWII was going to happen no matter what, it would just happen with next-dude-in-line leading the axis instead. Anyway, that dude doesn’t sound like a security professional, more like a creative writer trying to get thread locked because he didn’t think of the stoner alien fesh and is jealous.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
smdh at ninja timehitler goon who never played red alert. youre gonna get us stuck with sean hannity as yuri 2.0

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Or the one where JFK turned out to be evil and declare worse-than-Hitler dictatorship after taking the moon hostage.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
How is martial arts training and doing "security" that involves mostly restraining photographers for celebrities going to prepare you for getting past probably the most heavily armed and best trained security force in the country? Are you just going to kickflip through the secret service goons or what?

I also think it's funny when people act like being willing to go back in time to kill hitler is some extreme position instead of the default one.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Killing Hitler would result in the genocide of everyone born after (timeline intervention + 9 months), including yourself, so that's probably not a good idea.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Gynovore posted:

I think I speak for everyone when I say, "I’m trained in every weapon imaginable", translates to "I weigh 350 pounds and play Call of Duty all day".

Yeah, like seriously, does this guy even know how to operate a siege tower on his own? Maybe if he had like 5 or 6 other guys he could do it.
How about a Ballista? Trebuchet? Atlatl?

Splicer posted:

Killing Hitler would result in the genocide of everyone born after (timeline intervention + 9 months), including yourself, so that's probably not a good idea.
Grandfather paradox........

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Why does everyone talk about going back in time to kill Hitler? I think it would be more valuable to human civilization as a whole to go back in time and smother Ayn Rand in her cradle.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Mad Hamish posted:

Why does everyone talk about going back in time to kill Hitler? I think it would be more valuable to human civilization as a whole to go back in time and smother Ayn Rand in her cradle.

Not sure about that.

Moneyed elites would have wanted those ideas spread anyway. Imagine if they had found someone who could write non-garbage fiction to spouse them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nip the whole thing in the bud and beat up Gavrilo Princip before he can kill Archduke Ferdinand.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Second goon poor taste and IMO poor taste to post it. I get that this is a dead gay comedy forum but still.

Well lah dee dah Mr Debate & Discussion Subforum :colbert:

Mad Hamish posted:

Go back in time and give John Hinckley Jr some marksmanship classes

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Dawncloack posted:

Not sure about that.

Moneyed elites would have wanted those ideas spread anyway. Imagine if they had found someone who could write non-garbage fiction to spouse them.

Right. The thought that you can fix the present day with a time machine and a single bullet is completely naive.

You're going to need to take plenty of ammo.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Fintilgin posted:

Right. The thought that you can fix the present day with a time machine and a single bullet is completely naive.

You're going to need to take plenty of ammo.

If you kill Hitler somebody else will come up with those ideas, so you'll need to kill them. And then the person after, and the one after that. Hell, why not just kill everyone and then invade Poland?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Go all the way back and dunk your loving balls in the goddamn primordial soup

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
What we're getting at here, Mr .45 for 45, is that Trump is a symptom, not the cause. You'd need to take out half the government and much of the electorate before you fixed anything. Good leaders are rare and building good stuff is hard. Shitlords are a dime a dozen and wrecking poo poo for personal gain is really easy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Candidate Trump was the biggest problem really because he emboldened a lot of America's seedy underbelly. President Trump is mostly only different from other Republicans in that he is an incompetent buffoon. The damage is done; you can't put the Nazi genie back in its Nazi bottle.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
I wonder if anyone who isn't a teenage boy has ever read stuff like that second fesh and thought 'drat this guy really is a badass!'

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

loquacius posted:

Candidate Trump was the biggest problem really because he emboldened a lot of America's seedy underbelly. President Trump is mostly only different from other Republicans in that he is an incompetent buffoon. The damage is done; you can't put the Nazi genie back in its Nazi bottle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AprqBXXPQH8

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Bust Rodd posted:

Go all the way back and dunk your loving balls in the goddamn primordial soup

Genetic information is stored in the balls.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Abugadu posted:

Cool.

Read this:

http://www.chroniclet.com/cops-and-courts/2016/11/14/Victim-gives-searing-statement-as-Fine-receives-12-year-sentence.html

Tell me that they're lying completely. Tell me that they made all this poo poo up. Tell me that you're going to fight to free an unjustly imprisoned lawyer whose only crime was getting a bunch of divorced women to orgasm because hypnotism isn't real and that the fact he was convicted of kidnapping is a travesty of justice.

It's cool you don't believe in this poo poo. You win the internet. Big ol e-peenor. Great. But other people do believe it and it makes them dangerous. That's a true statement regardless of your belief. And incidents like this are going to get more and more frequent as the internet has made this easy to spread.

The woman took her concerns to Sheffield police, who initially suggested she find another lawyer

lol america

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I like the tweet that's like "none of us deserve time machines because we'd all use it to kill a baby instead of teaching a kid how to paint."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I like the tweet that's like "none of us deserve time machines because we'd all use it to kill a baby instead of teaching a kid how to paint."

I don't know how to paint, but killing a baby is super easy. If I can do either one to save millions of people, lil Adolph is getting booted like a football

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

loquacius posted:

I spent 3 years in the USMC, then another 4 years as private security for people like Taylor Swift and Brad Pitt.

Which generally means: "I hosed up my military career and spent the next four years of my life working concessions at the Staples Center."

cult_hero fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 6, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
or... you just finished your term and went into private security

:shrug:

lotta dudes went into PMCs too because private sector pays way better.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Three years is a weird stretch though isn't it? Back in my day I only know of it being 2 4 or 6 years for enlisted.

Prob wrong though so wtf do I know.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MarcusSA posted:

Three years is a weird stretch though isn't it? Back in my day I only know of it being 2 4 or 6 years for enlisted.

Prob wrong though so wtf do I know.

2 was the minimum when i was in but you could do a term for whatever you wanted to as long as it was greater than 2

i did 5 for my first

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

Yeah people who are trying to follow and observe you probably aren't "staring at you for too long." I would think the first class of spycraft would be like "Okay so when you're surveilling someone, don't just stare at them as they stare back at you because they'll probably realize you're watching them." *Class scribbles wildly and nods*

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

poorlifedecision posted:

Yeah people who are trying to follow and observe you probably aren't "staring at you for too long." I would think the first class of spycraft would be like "Okay so when you're surveilling someone, don't just stare at them as they stare back at you because they'll probably realize you're watching them." *Class scribbles wildly and nods*
"What if I stare back super extra hard as a double bluff?"
*is quickly hustled off to secret advanced program with bullet bending and such*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gloryhole goon responded to people calling him out for infidelity:

quote:

Uh, the person I was dating in that reference was part of an open relationship. She knew I played with guys and her view was if it didn't impact our relationship she didn't mind. (So no /r/relationships style staying out every night while she wilts by the fire)

Very slut shamey and sex negative views people - monogamy is not the default!

I don't visit the glory hole when I'm in a committed relationship.

(Luckily I'm a goony loving goon so that's rare! :D)

eh

not the greatest troll

quote:

I just turned 25 and am a kissless virgin. And I'm not an incel. It's been a bit of a journey - I won't go into the details - but somewhere right after college, I realized that it was my responsibility to ensure my own happiness. I've come to accept that I don't need intimacy to be happy - I enjoy and value my solitude. I'm a bit of an introvert I guess. It would be nice to have a special someone, sure, but I'd rather work on myself a little more. In the meantime, I consider myself lucky that my time is not beholden to anyone else.

Nothing specific in this one, just wanted to let people know that there are male virgins who don't hate women.

finally a classic returns

quote:

Another guy here who jacks off to mighty magiswords. It was on at 6 am for a while. I’d wake up, jerk off while enjoying a cuppa coffee, then go to work.

I actually saw Mighty Magiswords in the channel lineup while looking for the NBA Finals last week and this was all I could think of

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Like Shmorky except mostly not underage(??)

I really don't get it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
thank you for rendering my active decision of not googling it moot.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What are they looking at that they're completely losing their poo poo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Does anyone have brain bleach

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Oh come on. Think about this: some aged dweeb looks at that pic and imagines they're looking at his barely hardon. Now you need the bleach, because you're glimpsing down a rabbit hole that prob is worse than this post

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i need some dark alchemy to parse that one

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Is monogamy not the default? Is there a website I can read to educate myself? I just assume if someone says "their boyfriend/girlfriend/partner" they mean it monogamously unless they call it out as an open relationship. And I know that guy is trolling but if I can change my assumptions for the better, maybe the troll has accomplished good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

Is monogamy not the default? Is there a website I can read to educate myself? I just assume if someone says "their boyfriend/girlfriend/partner" they mean it monogamously unless they call it out as an open relationship. And I know that guy is trolling but if I can change my assumptions for the better, maybe the troll has accomplished good.

Yeah you should read the open relationships posts in the r/relationships thread.

Or the one where a goon owns himself real bad but I forget where that is :(