Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

frost's snowglobe is a hinderance more often than not if everyone isn't trying to defend a central spot that they're all grouped around. one of the best things about gara is that her vitrification can be shot through from both sides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Redundant posted:

What is the annoying excal thing? Hopefully its blind since I never use that.

Considering Excal's Blind is an extremely powerful CC tool, I hope that's not the case :v:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Wamdoodle posted:

I always hear Wukong put down. What are his downsides?

You know how a lot of Warframes have 1 or 2 abilities that seem entirely superfluous and useless outside of using them for the sake of it? For Wukong he's got three of those and then his technically useful ability is just that he's passively hard to kill until his energy drains away.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Purchased / gift primes do, I don't think ones you assemble from relic parts do.

Anything you buy with plat or get gifted will have a catalyst and inventory slot included.

I think you're right, yeah.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Ok cool cool. Any general advice on what to do with my 50 plat?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wukong's exalted staff doesn't even feel good to use because the attack combo is weird as gently caress. the frame desperately needs a rework in some form. it's the only frame i've actively deleted just to make room that doesn't even have a prime yet.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Orv posted:

Everything he does can be done better by other people, and his one neat trick (beating dudes to death from across the map) isn't that useful.

He is literally the tankiest frame, due to being literally impossible to kill as long as you have rage on.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Wait til you get a market discount as your login reward and use it to buy the Classic Saturated colour palette, if you don't have it already.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think he's referring to the annoying Frost Prime ability, which is Snowglobe, because it blocks line of sight if you spam it everywhere. If you deploy it badly, you can end up giving enemies cover to close in on you.

Yep, exactly that.

Don't spam snowglobes. Or if you do, pop 'em when done with a freeze. That is explained in

Yeah. Warframe...

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Pipski posted:

Wait til you get a market discount as your login reward and use it to buy the Classic Saturated colour palette, if you don't have it already.

Twilight is the only one with a dark purple tho so...

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nalesh posted:

He is literally the tankiest frame, due to being literally impossible to kill as long as you have rage on.

I've never once felt like I needed to be significantly more tanky than I was on any frame, but granted I've been out of the loop for a while.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

What platform are you playing on?

Also for the 50 free plat, the answer is slots. warframe and weapon slots.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Pipski posted:

Wukong's cloudwalk needs to actually let him zoom around on a fluffy little cloud, like in Monkey Magic.

Motherfucker, yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-SUoHmpRdM

Grew up with this nonsense on TV, and it is, well, very Warframe-y. Primal chaos indeed.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I'm having a total blast with my Shaku Riven, (+Damage, +Cold, +Combo Timer). I sunk a potato and 2 forma into it for the riven and Condition Overload. The other mods I'm running are PP and Spoiled Strike for damage, and the other 4 mods are all Elementals and Status Elementals to make it a Cold + Gas weapon with about 60%ish status chance.

I've been told Shattering Strike is great for stripping armor, but I queued up some lvl 100 corrupted gunners in the simulation thingy and this build still chewed through them in seconds even without it. There's a little bit of randomness since it's not 100% status, but it hits so frequently that it procs more than often enough for Condition Overload to shine. I'll do some more experimenting later, but I think I prefer the damage from Spoiled Strike over the armor stripping, at least for the moment.

I had an absolute blast just tearing around as an invisible Octavia and just ripping through hordes of enemies, plus Octavia's 3 buffs attack speed to make her an absolute monster. What other frames have abilities that would Synergize really well with this particular shaku build?

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 8, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've been having a lot of fun with khora as a melee frame because with the speed boost you get from your passive and armored agility + rush you have enough innate runspeed to basically match the speed buff a volt can give. that combined with being relatively tanky means that there's not much that can stop you from absolutely shredding up enemies while blitzing around like you're on crank.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Interesting idea from reddit regarding the loreholes from past events:

http://reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8p93rn/we_cant_redo_event_xy_lorewise_new_players_cut_of/

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

wid posted:

- The infested bio weapon was released to slow down the Sentients during the war. The Tenno were established after this.

Also it didn't work at all even a little bit, since the infestation never caught the fever for the flavor of Sentient. It extremely liked how everything else tasted, however, and now we're still disinfecting the joint eons later. It's like if you trained an attack dog from birth to protect you and your child, then the day you were actually confronted by an attacker it just humped their leg a little, then ate your kid and your face and also humped your leg a little for good measure. So, again, good job there Orokin, real credit to the galaxy.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Generally if the Orokin did a thing it went hilariously badly. Their empire was founded on bad ideas and gold trim.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Wamdoodle posted:

I always hear Wukong put down. What are his downsides?

Mods do his passive better, Gara does his 1 better, his 2 is pretty good but several other frames can do invincibility gimmicks cleaner, his 3 is a mediocre slow mashup of zephyr/titania flight, ash teleport/several peoples' stuns, and several characters' invisibility, and his 4 is better done by an Excalibur switching between a jat kittag and exalted blade.

He's the Jack in the Box of Warframes: inferior but varied imitations of several other styles

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
To anyone who wasn't around to experience the glory of the terrible old UI, i found a screenshot off my Steam profile.

And the old end mission UI

This game has come an amazingly long way.

The Jumpoff fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 8, 2018

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Johnny Joestar posted:

i've been having a lot of fun with khora as a melee frame because with the speed boost you get from your passive and armored agility + rush you have enough innate runspeed to basically match the speed buff a volt can give. that combined with being relatively tanky means that there's not much that can stop you from absolutely shredding up enemies while blitzing around like you're on crank.

I was critical of Khora when she first launched, but after her reworks she's become one of my favorite frames for just about any mission type. I'm running 100 str, 190 range, 175 efficiency, 157 duration, using a stat stick with a good riven disposition and just jumping around and whipping people constantly. Use the cat for healing, use her 4 for CC, use her 2 to drag groups of enemies into her 4, then whip them for 100k+ damage.

Unrelated - a good use of 7 forma:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Berke Negri posted:

i want to fight nef anyo

i want to fight cephalon claptrap

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Wukong isn't necessarily bad, he's just very boring. They need to revamp the abilities to make it feel like you're actually doing something. Where did you grow up to see that awesome hosed up show? I wish I had that as a kid

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

The Jumpoff posted:

To anyone who wasn't around to experience the glory of the terrible old UI, i found a screenshot off my Steam profile.

And the old end mission UI

This game has come an amazingly long way.

oh wow

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

i want to fight cephalon claptrap

Note to new people: Once you scan enough blue cephalon fragments you unlock small bits of ~lore~ and concept art. And within that ~lore~ is more, hidden ~lore~ involving this game's brand of claptrap. It is actually good.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

Broose posted:

Note to new people: Once you scan enough blue cephalon fragments you unlock small bits of ~lore~ and concept art. And within that ~lore~ is more, hidden ~lore~ involving this game's brand of claptrap. It is actually good.

Can confirm. Last night I scanned my last fragment and then listened to them in order.

Good poo poo. Made me appreciate Ordis more.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Pipski posted:

Wukong's cloudwalk needs to actually let him zoom around on a fluffy little cloud, like in Monkey Magic.

Wukong thoughts. His cloudwalk should be like the vlad frame's mist ability that got shown off recently, except he should ride on top of it an still be invincible, and be able to control it mid flight and maybe even have it be a sustained ability. Make it have the really short stun proc 100% of the time on people he passes through, no knockdown or damage needed, just some slight gently caress you to big crowds.

I don't know if we even want to change his 3, it's kind of his tanky gimmick. Maybe he should just cause an aoe knockdown and perform an insulting gesture whenever he dies, instead of getting knocked down himself.

His 1 and his 4 are the same thing, one is just bad. Make either of them a version of his 4 and give him a new 4, probably just making his existing 4 better and giving him a new 1. They didn't give Khora an exalted weapon for her 1, so Wukong just needs a buffed or reworked 4 and a new 1. Probably something with some CC just to play up the lore of Wukong clowning on whole armies of people.

I don't even know what his passive is but make that something fun.

McKilligan posted:

I had an absolute blast just tearing around as an invisible Octavia and just ripping through hordes of enemies, plus Octavia's 3 buffs attack speed to make her an absolute monster. What other frames have abilities that would Synergize really well with this particular shaku build?

Volt with Speed, Valkyr with Warcry, Saryn's Toxic Lash will buff out your gas damage, and also Rhino's Roar. Any of those will do very well with any melee really, I want to say Saryn least of all of them but then again Toxic Lash's melee damage just got doubled so maybe that's real silly too.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Toxic Lash is absurd. In a good way.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

DoombatINC posted:

Also it didn't work at all even a little bit, since the infestation never caught the fever for the flavor of Sentient. It extremely liked how everything else tasted, however, and now we're still disinfecting the joint eons later. It's like if you trained an attack dog from birth to protect you and your child, then the day you were actually confronted by an attacker it just humped their leg a little, then ate your kid and your face and also humped your leg a little for good measure. So, again, good job there Orokin, real credit to the galaxy.

I don't think they were expecting the virus to wipe out the Sentients. They're just too weird and advanced to fall to mere virus. And Alad V was the one that managed to create a strain that could infect robots. I think they just used it as a scorched earth strategy. Even if they don't get infected, the Sentients still need to fight off the infested.

The Orokin were gigantic assholes but their way was working for a long, long time. It's when they got too greedy and full of themselves that they got bitchslapped. The story of Bilsa and her superior with the grineer workers is the perfect microcosm of Orokin history. Complete with the powersaw to the spine.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

nerdz posted:

Looks like we're getting another type of warframe variation, the Umbra, so let's see what that's about. Maybe some can be Prime and some can be Umbra I guess. Inaros is another one that in theory shouldn't have a prime, since the ancient statues look exactly like the current one that was in operation during the orokin era.
There is no indication that there wasn't regular frames around during the Oroking era.

Berke Negri posted:

wheres that stated i hadn't heard that before

imo valkyr's kind of whatever, if they ever get up to harrow prime that's a p big ? in the lore though
I think it was during the event that introduced her.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I really do like the Valkyr Prime trailer they did. They basically repurpose Valkyr's rage as a smouldering anger against the Orokin, rather than purely the result of Alad's experiments.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Raptor1033 posted:

Where did you grow up to see that awesome hosed up show? I wish I had that as a kid

I think it was most popular in Australia which is where I saw it too. When I was a kid I did his cloud call gesture a lot. Monkey Magic ownd.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Orv posted:

That bit of time where you come back to Warframe after a bit and feel like you've lost your mind. What was I do, what the gently caress is this, why do I have a jaffa staff weapon, what missions was I doing, :psypop:

Never did build Vauban Prime apparently.

I know what you mean. Ive been doing it on and off since the game,s release. Regardless of how people criticize the plot, at least its always surprising kinda. They refuse to go with "safe" tropes so it feels new.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Broose posted:

i actually meant Index's announcerbot

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

I don't think it was a weapon at all. Notice how almost everything we build needs at least one of plastids, nanospores or neurodes?
The infestation converts useless biomass (people) into valuable industrial materials. A way for the Orokin to keep their production up with the Sentients burning all their infrastructure to the ground.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Spudd posted:

I think it was most popular in Australia which is where I saw it too. When I was a kid I did his cloud call gesture a lot. Monkey Magic ownd.
I remember watching it round my gran's house on Sundays in the early 80s in the UK. If I remember rightly he could summon warriors by ripping out his chest hair, right? I think he was based on a mix of chinese mythology and tv executives discovering cocaine.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Night10194 posted:

Generally if the Orokin did a thing it went hilariously badly. Their empire was founded on bad ideas and gold trim.

I feel pretty confident that the reveal of the Sacrifice is going to be

That the Warframes are quasi-lobotomized heavily mutated people, or at least they originally were. It's why they still seem to have some very rudimentary free will/instincts, and it would jive with the fact that the Orokin were EXTREMELY opposed to using genuine artificial intelligences. Even the Cephalons were built out of the brains of dissidents. And what better vessel for the body hopping powers of the Tenno than a person?

In this light, Umbra Warframes and probably even the Stalker himself are Warframes that have regained some semblance of sapience. Obtaining them could be more akin to bargaining or a pact than the usual process.

I suspect that the Stalker is a confused, awakened Warframe bereft of its Operator that can't distinguish between it's own memories and those of its former Operator.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think the 'sacrifice' is more likely going to refer to the sacrifice that lotus / margulis made when they crossed the void to come back to the origin system. She specifically uses the word 'sacrifice' to refer to it in so many story quests, I don't think it's a coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Just gimmie the Excal Umbra already so I can make it a glorious rainbow god.