Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

Yeah, it's almost surprising there isn't even more anti-establishment anger from the GOP base because the priorities of the Paul Ryans of the world and the GOP base couldn't possibly be farther apart.

there is tons, the republicans have just shifted their base's anger from the rich to the entire concept of government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sounds like they learned from mitch mcconnells example of telling dems he'd look at not genociding the dreamers if they helped republicans pass huge tax cuts for the rich

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So do we know what the Democrats want to actually do about gas prices yet? Because I can’t think of any actual policies they’d be willing to implement to that end other than more deregulation and/or free trade.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

sounds like they learned from mitch mcconnells example of telling dems he'd look at not genociding the dreamers if they helped republicans pass huge tax cuts for the rich

he's definitely going to do it any day now

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

readingatwork posted:

So do we know what the Democrats want to actually do about gas prices yet? Because I can’t think of any actual policies they’d be willing to implement to that end other than more deregulation and/or free trade.

tax deductions for work related mileage exceeding 12,000 miles/year, or for any travel (past the first 25 miles each travel event) thru economic inspiration corridors

available to anyone making between $22,500 and $265,000 annual household income

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

readingatwork posted:

make walkable commuinities and invest in public transporahahahahajfdskfdsl

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i believe in nancy you guys are all downers

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Squizzle posted:

tax deductions for work related mileage exceeding 12,000 miles/year, or for any travel (past the first 25 miles each travel event) thru economic inspiration corridors

available to anyone making between $22,500 and $265,000 annual household income

lmao perfect

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

readingatwork posted:

I guess they could try to invade another oil-rich middle-eastern country.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

readingatwork posted:

they don't want to do anything about gas prices except talk about how bad they are

just like they've been consistently messaging that the #GOPTaxScam is bad, but ask them what they're going to do about it and you won't quite get a straight answer

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MaxxBot posted:

Yeah, it's almost surprising there isn't even more anti-establishment anger from the GOP base because the priorities of the Paul Ryans of the world and the GOP base couldn't possibly be farther apart.

pretty sure exurban sheet metal fabrication shop and car dealership owners want lower taxes and fewer regulations

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
How did all the democrats in power get there? Schumer's political instincts are loving garbage, yet somehow he's got a stranglehold on the NY democratic party and became the leader of the senate.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

How did all the democrats in power get there? Schumer's political instincts are loving garbage, yet somehow he's got a stranglehold on the NY democratic party and became the leader of the senate.

have you ever met anyone from new york?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

-schumer snuggles up to some of the most evil, powerful, and moneyed interests in the country
-democrat in NY
-appeals to orthodox jews for a voting bloc that will never, ever abandon him

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheWeek/status/1004883230565240832

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

look at this!

look at this poo poo!

dems are so loving bad!

https://twitter.com/carrolldoherty/status/1004743230662078464?s=21

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Office Pig posted:

-schumer snuggles up to some of the most evil, powerful, and moneyed interests in the country
-democrat in NY
-appeals to orthodox jews for a voting bloc that will never, ever abandon him

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Grondoth posted:

schumer was a notoriously strong fundraiser who cultivated close relationships with bankers and finance firms, so the state party gave him preferential treatment. favoring him in redistricting, giving him advance notice of upcoming empty seats so he could start planning to run in races with no incumbent, and so on. also, he lets Orthodox communities do whatever they want, and in return they support him without question

he got to be the Dem leader in the Senate because the Senate Dems thought that Hillary was going to win big, so everyone figured she'd lead the party and all the Majority Leader would need to do was have his solid Dem majority rubber-stamp whatever President Hillary handed him. so they thought they didn't need to have a qualified or competent political operator in the position. whoops!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
there's plenty of criticism you can levy at schumer, but he does accurately represent his constituency

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there's plenty of criticism you can levy at schumer, but he does accurately represent his constituency

His constituency being "Chuck Schumer"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the baileys are happy to keep voting for Schumer

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

there's a really good point near the end about trump taking up the entire news cycle

it doesn't matter which dnc-approved shitdem gets the nomination because none of them are going to be able to get their name out there

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

look at this!

look at this poo poo!

dems are so loving bad!

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

7 in 10 democratic voters are in favor of legalization too and would probably be actually motivated 2 vote in favor of legalization

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

look at this!

look at this poo poo!

dems are so loving bad!

I'm gonna get a brand that says "Republicans will never vote for you people" and just apply it to every bad dem

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao

quote:

MSNBC "AM Joy" host Joy Reid has been accused by ex co-workers of creating a "toxic" work environment and allegedly once threatening another host "with physical violence," according to a Thursday report.

Andre Eggelletion, who once hosted a morning show with Reid at WTPS-AM in South Florida from 2006 to 2007, told FoxNews.com that Reid had created "the most toxic work environment I've ever experienced" and once threatened him physically.

"It was a very unhealthy work environment because of her attitude," Eggelletion said. "She attacked me on a constant basis while I was there. I was even once threatened with physical violence during a break with her."

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/391256-msnbcs-joy-reid-accused-of-threatening-physical-violence-by-former-radio-co

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

look at this!

look at this poo poo!

dems are so loving bad!

Just got an email from Liz Warren about Legalizing It, but it turns out it's about a bipartisan bill co-sponsored with Colorado Republican Cory Gardner to safeguard the ability of states to pass their own legalization laws, which sounds a whole lot like the healthcare-access of legal weed bills

solid "meh"

man those Russians just won't stop hacking her

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Al! posted:

7 in 10 democratic voters are in favor of legalization too and would probably be actually motivated 2 vote in favor of legalization

what about the 1/3 who don't want legalization? what if they don't vote over it - did you think about that, sicko?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

like i said before, people already have access to legal weed, they just need to live in or travel to wa, co, or, ca, nv, ma, ak, etc

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

or be white

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Suck zone

As I promised long ago, I made a thread for discussing periodicals

c-spam periodicals thread

Namaste

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Georg Lukács’s analysis of Germany’s waffling liberal intelligentsia during the 1920s in his book The Destruction of Reason

i wanna read that book but its expensive as hell

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

remember when the senate dems caved on daca, obstinately to save chip

https://twitter.com/AppropsDems/status/1004895936227741696

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there's a really good point near the end about trump taking up the entire news cycle

it doesn't matter which dnc-approved shitdem gets the nomination because none of them are going to be able to get their name out there

[quote]
It's a perfect representation of why Schumer is such an inept opposition leader. The president is so good at dominating the news, with all his scandals and inflammatory rhetoric, that you need someone with energy, creativity, confidence, fighting spirit, and pizzazz to break through. Someone who is comfortable in the media spotlight, who can be funny and cutting — and maybe even someone who can think up an attention-grabbing stunt that doesn't come off like it was pulled out of a dusty three-ring binder from the 1980s.

the only dems in the past three decadrs this even remotely describes are bill clinton and obama

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

canada succ update: ford wins, thanks for the sabotage wynne

though the liberals did so insanely bad that they might not even have enough seats to be considered a party, so there's that

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

worthless loving party.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
gotta admit, i was wrong about Ro

https://twitter.com/RoKhanna/status/1004846488952950790

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Agean90 posted:

every corncob av in DnD should eat a ban for this.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

worthless loving party.

im the six fucks who decided to take an off day and allow this poo poo to pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

unusually bold though i guess batshit suicidal tendencies aren't necessarily universal for crooks

• Locked thread