Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Liberal team was dropping "Liberals poll at 38% in Ottawa" flyers last weekend in Kanata-Carleton. She finished distant third... But the Lib votes would have been sufficient for an NDP win.

gently caress liberals. Also Green "we have the best environmental platform because there's Green in the name" Party.

At least I take solace because I volunteered in Ottawa-Centre as well :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Well that's a fuckin nailbiter

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

prom candy posted:

what's that barbaric cultural practices number again

It's Trump's immigrant crime hotline

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

murked by dragon posted:

this is actually the best possible outcome

We're back on track, libs have 3 and projected for only 4 more. Scarborough-guildwood is key

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
uhg

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Oxyclean posted:

Was this even a significant part of PC platform, or is it just dipshits assuming cons will be the party for their stupid shithead ways?
Ford said something about tying university funding to free speech policies.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Entropic posted:

Well that's a fuckin nailbiter

How hard can it be to find three votes.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

everyone says they want to get rid of it until they see how much money it contributes to the Ontario coffers

when has that stopped right wingers before. its more money to whoever pays them off to do it, and therefore to them

also socialized weed is dead in the water now and that'd have been a shitload of money for the government too

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

murked by dragon posted:

this is actually the best possible outcome

Then they can re-form the Social Credit Party of Ontario!

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Aug 25, 2018

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

prom candy posted:

Depends on who you are. Like, a lot of us will be fine because we're rich old millennial white people but that doesn't mean that a whole lot of us will be negatively affected in big ways.

Plus it's almost like realizing that YOU'LL be okay is not actually a great way to judge a government as being "good".

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 8, 2018

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao I was waiting for him to mention rob

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Agnosticnixie posted:

I voted NDP but on the redder side of the line where doesn't matter because this down are idiots who vote Lib out of tradition.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

"rob's legacy" lmao :laffo:

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Kale posted:

I can just foresee him going down in some really dumb scandal within his first term. Ontario wont stand for the level of bullshit that the U.S does it he just goes full Trump dumb as they were to elect him in the first place. Any overtly racist bullshit and daily Twitter bluster and cynical as people here love to be I just dont see it

I assure you he will survive. Rob Ford arguably was one of the most gaffe and scandal prone politicans to ever grace the city, and a lot of people will swear up and down that he did a lot of good for the city and was misunderstood.

Facts don't matter.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

"rob's legacy" lmao :laffo:

Doug Ford runs into an elderly woman and knocks her over "ROBBIE WOULDVE WANTED THIS"

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Also in fairness how do I get banned for my Toxx clause? Lowtax needs his cyber spine.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
WHOA huge chunk came in for eglinton, good job eglers, libs only leading in 3

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Testikles posted:

Also in fairness how do I get banned for my Toxx clause? Lowtax needs his cyber spine.

report the post

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

At least I take solace because I volunteered in Ottawa-Centre as well :3:

You're loving welcome for the NDP votes bb

Hey can I get some hot takes from your FB's?

quote:

"This is an amazing day in Ontario. Its a day when hard working business owners, private sector employees and aspiring entrepreneurs stoop up against the evils of communism, rejected the leftists hatred towards the western world and refused to subscribe to extremists Marxist ideologies. FORD NATION IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!! HELL YA!!!!!!!"
https://imgur.com/a/80fN7yS

Feel free to blot out the personal info an stuff if you're a cuck like me.

Grammar-Bolshevik fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 8, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Not going to say much here other than 'dangit'.

At least we voted on a Green dude, which is pretty amusing.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
So the libs are about to lose two seats to the NDP? Yay.

Also the final numbers remind me a lot of the 2011 federals in a way that's uncanny.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Agnosticnixie posted:

:magical:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Can't wait to return to Toronto in a couple years when I decide to move back only to see a(n even more) barren wasteland in its place

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

James Baud posted:

So folks, how much do you wish you had Premier Patrick Brown instead now?

Also holy Green smokeshow in Guelph.

Like, not at all, if we're going to have a PC government, we're going to have a star spangled circus of a PC government

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

yellowcar posted:

gently caress poo poo drat hell piss

this stupid goddamn province

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

welp

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I don't think this is very much like the 2011 election. Like yeah I get the liberals collapsing, but 2011 it was the result of a spectacular self-own with Ignatieff. This year they just kind of decayed, the NDP capitalized a bit (free dental bay bay), and the conservatives managed to bleed out just a teensy bit slower than they had the past two elections (with some help from the OLP).

imo the key for the NDP now is to be very active with positive proposals, and making themselves significant in the ridings they won. Don't let people forget about dental coverage. don't make the mistake of 2011 and just assume that you'll become the not-tory default and attrition into power

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Imagine being Tim Hudak and coming to terms with the fact that he couldn’t do what Ford did in a couple of months

Just lol

Geoid
Oct 18, 2005
Just Add Water
44% turnout. Wow.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

tekz posted:

also socialized weed is dead in the water now and that'd have been a shitload of money for the government too
Money still comes in through taxes at least. The government monopoly was always a stupid plan that would not have prevented anyone from getting unregulated weed elsewhere. You can't subvert a thriving black market by limiting people's choices further.

Mind you, the wheels on this have been turning for a while now. It may be too late to change course anyway. Did Ford ever explicitly say anything about this?

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

Imagine being Tim Hudak and coming to terms with the fact that he couldn’t do what Ford did in a couple of months

Just lol

Lesson learned: no budget is better than having a budget that makes no sense

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Such a nailbiter, need to keep libs at 4 or less of these, gonna be a photo finish for wynne in DVW

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Svaha posted:

Money still comes in through taxes at least. The government monopoly was always a stupid plan that would not have prevented anyone from getting unregulated weed elsewhere. You can't subvert a thriving black market by limiting people's choices further.

Mind you, the wheels on this have been turning for a while now. It may be too late to change course anyway. Did Ford ever explicitly say anything about this?

I think enough people would've been fine with the convenience of getting weed legally from a store that it'd have been a massive revenue gain for the government. Anyway this is all academic now lol:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/pc-leader-doug-ford-cannabis-ottawa-morning-1.4573790

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Just got back from hockey to see this poo poo.

At least my chunk of the 905 went orange, I'll take some solace in that.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

ZeeBoi posted:

his son won a seat this election ugh

My bad, that's my riding... I voted for NDP though.. I guess I didn't vote hard enough.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Wynne resigns as leader.

Well that's a solid tactic, bow out after a crushing defeat in an easy election.

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Svaha posted:

selling the LCBO

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/christine-van-geyn/cutting-government-waste-ontario_a_23404049/

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Drunk Canuck posted:

Wynne resigns as leader.

Well that's a solid tactic, bow out after a crushing defeat in an easy election.

gently caress her, she knew she was done, she should have said "vote NDP so we don't end up with Ford" a week ago, drat the Liberal party she no longer has any stake in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agnosticnixie posted:

that's my riding and im semi-responsible for like 3 of those votes that i know of so far. one of my friends ditched on voting entirely tho so im blaming him for everything from here on out