Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I heard it was recommended to do the vanilla main quest, then Morrowind main quest, but it sent me straight to Morrowind, so I may as well roll with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mastodon Compound
Oct 2, 2012
Any goons on Ps4? Send me an invite @amandabanana

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

edit: nevermind figured it out

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 4, 2018

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

I took the plunge and bought ESO+ today. It definitely is a game changer for quality of life with regards to inventory space. Really enjoying the game thus far. Did a Dungeon and got my magplar to 20 today. One thing I noticed is that there are not many things for sale in the guild shop in the low level areas. What would be the best way to acquire mid-level crafted gear to help me level more effectively?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Richlove posted:

I took the plunge and bought ESO+ today. It definitely is a game changer for quality of life with regards to inventory space. Really enjoying the game thus far. Did a Dungeon and got my magplar to 20 today. One thing I noticed is that there are not many things for sale in the guild shop in the low level areas. What would be the best way to acquire mid-level crafted gear to help me level more effectively?

if you're PC-NA, ask in guild chat and someone will make it for you

if not.....you don't, most people dont bother listing mid-level gear cause its not worth taking up limited sale slots (Can only list up to 30 items per guild). people will just make that for free for you

there also really isn't low level areas anymore, guild trader density and distance to crafting stations will generally determine how valued a city is. cities like davon's watch only has one, and so that's not really a great spot. for the most part the faction capitols have the best stores (but not always lowest prices) with a few hubs that are okay (vivec city because its real good to do writs in, alinor will also probably fit this slot too, rawlkha in reapers march has all the traders clustered around the wayshrine and right next to crafting tations, belkarth in craglorn used to be pretty good because it was the only place to turn in max tier crafting writs). shittier trader locations though can sometimes result in some real bargains as people firesale items due to low traffic, but selection may be super small

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Did the Summerset balance changes improve the non-templar/warden healing like they said they intended them to?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I can't speak for every class but healing on a Nightblade is competent, hella fun and rewarding. Belting out DPS heals your friends!

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Unlucky7 posted:

I heard it was recommended to do the vanilla main quest, then Morrowind main quest, but it sent me straight to Morrowind, so I may as well roll with that.

There's a boat off to the side in that starting town that will take you to one of the faction cities where someone will give you the main quest. At the end of the first quest you get dropped in your factions starter zone on an island. From there you can follow through that island quest chain to get back to the mainland, or you can find another boat to take you to the mainland, to get back to the main quest line.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Daily login rewards are live on PC now. A headsup though, I am using an addon called No, Thank you Continued and I have it set to send any lua errors to my notifications, and it bugged out and sent like 2k in rapid succession, essentially crashing the game. I recommend either not using that option, or disabling the addon until you accept the daily reward. Once you accept the reward it works fine.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Beefeater posted:

I can't speak for every class but healing on a Nightblade is competent, hella fun and rewarding. Belting out DPS heals your friends!

Seriously. Restoration Staff on front bar, Lightning Staff on back bar, drop a Healing Springs circle, maybe a Lightning Elemental Blockade, and then just Funnel Health.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Poetic Justice posted:

Daily login rewards are live on PC now. A headsup though, I am using an addon called No, Thank you Continued and I have it set to send any lua errors to my notifications, and it bugged out and sent like 2k in rapid succession, essentially crashing the game. I recommend either not using that option, or disabling the addon until you accept the daily reward. Once you accept the reward it works fine.

that happened to me too with No Thank You a few days when I tried to do something with Crown gifting. nearly crashed my game before I figured out what was going on lololol

thanks 4 the headsup

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
No Thank You owns tho

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Do you get anything cool from the login rewards? I haven't really read much about them.

argeto
Apr 30, 2004
Spammer
I picked this game up to take advantage of getting Morrowind with Summerset. Having a good time so far, but I die too much while reading lore books in dangerous areas.

On PC, and would like a guild invite: @notargeto

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Beefeater posted:

Do you get anything cool from the login rewards? I haven't really read much about them.
Mostly crown store consumables, a small amount of alliance points and tel var stones, a scalecaller crate in a week, a fennec fox pet in two weeks, and 5 psijic crates for the final reward in 20 days. Note that there are fewer rewards than there are days left in the month, so you can miss 5 days or so without losing out on the final reward.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Where do you see in LUI? I can't seem to find it.
Yea, same. Lui shows the cooldowns of my current bar, but not the ones from my offbar. Another feature that I saw in a video and that seems to be LUI is that the damage numbers you incurr appear over the target you did them to. The current version of LUI only supports scrolling damage numbers, or a general cloud that shows everything.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

For people who really enjoy cosmetic stuff in the game, the Morrowind bundle on the crown store right now is a decent deal on a bunch of stuff like mounts, pets, and notably one of the best-looking costumes in the game. I guess it's another shot at all the extra goodies from the preorder and collector's edition of Morrowind, and I never bothered with those things, so it's nice to see that stuff come back. If you got those things before, less of a good deal...

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sand Dan posted:

No Thank You owns tho

Yeah, best addon. Apparently this will fix the errors:

Download Circonians LibNotifications from here. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/download1224-CirconiansLibNotifications
Direct download, don't use Minion.
Open the LibNotifications archive & go to the archive's \LibNotification\LibNotification\ folder.
Extract LibNotification.lua into your ...\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\NoThankYou\Libs\LibNotification\ folder, overwriting the existing file.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Nektu posted:

Yea, same. Lui shows the cooldowns of my current bar, but not the ones from my offbar. Another feature that I saw in a video and that seems to be LUI is that the damage numbers you incurr appear over the target you did them to. The current version of LUI only supports scrolling damage numbers, or a general cloud that shows everything.

Bandits User Interface should show you the cooldowns on your offbar if that is what you're after.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm just starting out and have a level 11 or 12 guy. If I could get an invite to the (a?) going guild that would be great. My username is Kodaxx on PC. I play through steam but my ESO account says my userID is Kodaxx so I assume that's what you need.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm just starting out and have a level 11 or 12 guy. If I could get an invite to the (a?) going guild that would be great. My username is Kodaxx on PC. I play through steam but my ESO account says my userID is Kodaxx so I assume that's what you need.

Assuming you're playing on the NA server, you should have an invite now. If you aren't, consider doing so, barely anyone here plays on EU.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm on NA but I work till ~5 EST so I'll know if I did then

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Poetic Justice posted:

Yeah, best addon. Apparently this will fix the errors:

Download Circonians LibNotifications from here. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/download1224-CirconiansLibNotifications
Direct download, don't use Minion.
Open the LibNotifications archive & go to the archive's \LibNotification\LibNotification\ folder.
Extract LibNotification.lua into your ...\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\NoThankYou\Libs\LibNotification\ folder, overwriting the existing file.

thanks!

also ya seconding Bandits UI

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
Hey all,

Looking for an invite on NA - @VeggieSmuggler. Thanks!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a Xbox guild?

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
Is Ebonheart still the faction to to play with Goons? How's the population these days?

I have an old character from launch and I've been thinking of giving this another go, I enjoyed the gameplay from launch all the way up to the Veteran level debacle and the completely empty end-game.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This game is... pretty good.

The frequent disconnects are annoying, but it's pretty as hell, combat is fun, there's a metric asston of content, and as far as I can tell, it's basically "Elder Scrolls 6: Also there are people around sometimes"

Looting crates and barrels sucks and uhhhh, inventory/crafting is impossible without a subscription. Oh and the auction house system kinda blows.

That concludes my extensive re-review of ESO: Summerset: Morrowind: ESO

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Sivlan posted:

Is Ebonheart still the faction to to play with Goons? How's the population these days?

I have an old character from launch and I've been thinking of giving this another go, I enjoyed the gameplay from launch all the way up to the Veteran level debacle and the completely empty end-game.

Thankfully factions aren’t a thing anymore. Anyone can join any guild.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I just re-downloaded the game after a long rear end time not playing. Im sorta lost. I'm doing poo poo for damage and have no idea where to go to get upgrades. Can anyone point me to a decent resource or give me quick idea where to go? I warped over to Vvardenfell and started to do all that stuff. Should I just head over to the Sommerset stuff?

I'm a level 43 Nightblade on ps4.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Everything is scaled in terms of difficulty and gear, so any gear that you get rewarded with will be at your current level. You can always see about getting someone to craft you something as well - plenty of folks don't even charge anything for lower level gear.

In terms of doing the content, that's entirely your call. Continuity-wise it would go: original main story quests, Orsinium, Morrowind, Clockwork City, Summerset. They've woven it all together in such a way though that you won't be horribly lost if you decide to continue elsewhere.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is p fun tbh the only downside is you don’t get XD I think unless you totally complete a quest instead of a objective so it can take a while

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Free wolf mount and crates if you connect your eso and twitch prime accounts and watch something or other on Sunday.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3K92m0xeUMyqKEuQ8sUqSw/announcing-our-be3-twitch-extension?utm_medium=bitly&utm_source=SocialMedia

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Snowy posted:

Free wolf mount and crates if you connect your eso and twitch prime accounts and watch something or other on Sunday.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3K92m0xeUMyqKEuQ8sUqSw/announcing-our-be3-twitch-extension?utm_medium=bitly&utm_source=SocialMedia

Twitch prime? Is that something I have to pay for? If it is a free account I would have no issue signing up and then deleting the account if it means I get a doggy mount.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Snowy posted:

"an opportunity to get free items" and "will be enrolled to receive a special Twitch Drop" makes me think it's not guaranteed.

MH Knights posted:

Twitch prime? Is that something I have to pay for? If it is a free account I would have no issue signing up and then deleting the account if it means I get a doggy mount.
You link amazon prime to twitch to get twitch prime.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Empress Brosephine posted:

This game is p fun tbh the only downside is you don’t get XD I think unless you totally complete a quest instead of a objective so it can take a while

Yeah, some quest chains will reward you after each objective while others will have you complete several objectives before giving a reward.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The article doesn't mention twitch prime or amazon, so I think it's enough to just link your twitch account to your bethesda ones.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

What's the best ultimate for a Magblade?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Typically the destruction staff ultimate on your front bar, Soul Harvest on your back bar. For PvE, anyway.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Just want to say how awesome it is to be able to play pretty princess with something other than costumes, finally.

Also, my dudes look better than your dudes :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I tried the game a week ago as a Dragon Knight, and I honestly did not like the combat at all; Like there was not really any impact to it. Honestly, that was kind of a problem in Skyrim too and I probably should not expect 'fun' combat from an MMO of all things.

Still, are the other classes more enjoyable to play?