Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OK I take back what I ranted about on Nexus 6-3. I guess I should read the text a little better.

My point still stands with the other poo poo though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Raids work so much better when routes are assigned to people.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah I hope they revamp raids in the future. It also feels weird to be essentially competing with your Alliance members for a higher spot on the damage list.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Goon Registration Act has a few spots open. It looks like we are hitting a second burn out wave. We are looking for players at 50 plus at this point.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah I hope they revamp raids in the future. It also feels weird to be essentially competing with your Alliance members for a higher spot on the damage list.

They need to get rid of the competing (or heavily modify it) and eliminate raid energy, unless I'm mistaken and a 50 raid can be completed with everyone just doing 5 fights.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

No, you need to do more than 5 fights.

Stop thinking of competing and think about it as churning out raids faster. Sometimes I come out as number 1, sometimes I come in top 5. It depends on if I was burning my energy to finish up the last raid or if someone else is. Typically if you finish at the top of the raid, you won't have the energy to come in first for the next raid if you are blowing cores on refreshes.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Also, the gap in rewards isn’t that much, so really just work on getting everyone in one and plowing through.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Raid energy is fine as long as your guild members contribute. 8 people to clear like 52 nodes is an average of 65 energy each, which takes 16 hours to build up. If you’ve got lots of people only clearing the first two or three nodes in their lane it’s a little more annoying but you can still 100% them in 24 hours.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I don't get why these dudes are so loving stingy with the paid rewards. loving $35 for 50 Drax shards?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Woops quote isn't edit.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Suprfli6 posted:

Raid energy is fine as long as your guild members contribute. 8 people to clear like 52 nodes is an average of 65 energy each, which takes 16 hours to build up. If you’ve got lots of people only clearing the first two or three nodes in their lane it’s a little more annoying but you can still 100% them in 24 hours.

But why have raid energy at all except as a nuisance? The raids already require everyone to participate, so there seems to be no benefit to inhibiting players that may suddenly have enough time to run 7 nodes at once but not enough to run 5 nodes and then 2 nodes 4 hours later. If the raids lasted for 36 hours or more then it shouldn't matter, but currently it's set up so that if you don't get 5 nodes in near the start of the raid then the window to get back in shrinks heavily.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Zachack posted:

But why have raid energy at all except as a nuisance? The raids already require everyone to participate, so there seems to be no benefit to inhibiting players that may suddenly have enough time to run 7 nodes at once but not enough to run 5 nodes and then 2 nodes 4 hours later. If the raids lasted for 36 hours or more then it shouldn't matter, but currently it's set up so that if you don't get 5 nodes in near the start of the raid then the window to get back in shrinks heavily.

It's purely to tempt people into burning cores on some energy. Especially if they're racing to the top of the scoreboard.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I personally do raids until we hit our expected completion mark (60% for Thanos, 30% for Deadpool). I don't care about my ranking rewards, I just want to keep enough energy saved for when the next raid opens.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Iron Man time. If anyone's unfamiliar with Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, this is pretty much a 1:1 of their Legendary Character events. They're cycling events that are less common than, say, the Mercenary PayDay event, but they do come back. The trick is that you need specific teams/characters all at star levels up to 7*, and this is how you fully complete the Legendary Character. Iron Man unlocks at 310 shards, so you can only get him playable if you can pass Tier 5 of the event (and you can't use him to get more of his own shards, since he won't qualify for Tier 6 or Tier 7).

S.H.I.E.L.D. characters available right now:

Black Widow: Premium Orbs only for a reliable source, but also frequently Blitz Event Orbs, as well as Mega Orbs and Ultimus Orbs
Captain America: Heroes 6-9, Nexus 5-9*
Hawkeye: Heroes 6-6, Villains 1-9
S.H.I.E.L.D. Assault: Nexus 2-3, Raid Store (rotates)
S.H.I.E.L.D. Medic: Heroes 2-3, Villains 1-6
S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative: Heroes 4-3
S.H.I.E.L.D. Security: Heroes 3-6, Arena Store
S.H.I.E.L.D. Trooper: Raid Store (rotates)
Quake: Arena Store

*There's a bug that helps immensely with fighting Ultimus- if your own team you bring in is dead at the end of a fight, but guest characters are still alive to finish it, it will be considered a 3 medal clear. If you can keep the Operative alive long enough to hit the button 4 times but your own team dies defending her, you'll be able to auto-win. Might be easier than trying to survive legit.

Black Widow's probably out of reach for most people, everyone should be farming Quake already, and Captain America and Hawkeye are very good. That probably leaves two slots: S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative is probably the best generic, but Medic's the quickest farm. The others compete for tickets outside of single campaign nodes.

This event WILL repeat (perhaps seasonally?), but it's probably fairly likely we'll see the Red Skull event before you can get a full S.H.I.E.L.D. team at high stars if you haven't already been working on one.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It’s at the point my A team isn’t eating all my low level resources and I’m thinking about where to put them.

I want to start progressing through the hero/villains campaigns.

Where should I focus my resources?

My A team is: gamora, xbones, yondu, bw.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Thanks for the write up. I'm torn on whether to continue upgrading my Medic since it's already lvl 40, or to basically start over and bring my Operative up from lvl 1.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

It’s at the point my A team isn’t eating all my low level resources and I’m thinking about where to put them.

I want to start progressing through the hero/villains campaigns.

Where should I focus my resources?

My A team is: gamora, xbones, yondu, bw.

If you don't want to jump into building a B team just yet, Drax can be bought in the Arena store and is very good and will help in the hero and eventually cosmic campaign.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 8, 2018

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Hogama posted:

*There's a bug that helps immensely with fighting Ultimus- if your own team you bring in is dead at the end of a fight, but guest characters are still alive to finish it, it will be considered a 3 medal clear. If you can keep the Operative alive long enough to hit the button 4 times but your own team dies defending her, you'll be able to auto-win. Might be easier than trying to survive legit.

This doesn't work any more I just tried it. Finished the fight with just the Shield character alive and it was only 1 star.

e: Actually it does work! The fight showed as 1 star in the victory screen, but now back on the campaign screen it shows as 3 star! Nice!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Away all Goats posted:

Thanks for the write up. I'm torn on whether to continue upgrading my Medic since it's already lvl 40, or to basically start over and bring my Operative up from lvl 1.

If you don't want to jump into building a B team just yet, Drax can be bought in the Arena store and is very good and will help in the hero and eventually cosmic campaign.

If you have Cap Quake Hawkguy leveled you’ll probably be fine for the actual event fights, I wouldn’t waste resources on leveling/gearing the shield minions now. You just need to farm their shards to star them up.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Just calculated that I would need to average 13 shards per day until the last day of the event on SHIELD Security, Medic, and HE in order to get them to five stars. I don't think that's possible without buying cores. I think farming two nodes a day will average like 4-6 shards per character per day.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’re increasing drop rates on the 12th so you still might.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

They’re increasing drop rates on the 12th so you still might.

Drop rates for what? Do you have a link or notes?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It was in the email they sent in game the campaign nodes on 12th and 18th will have 2x the drop rates for shield characters.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

I unlocked drax but he’s staying at 2 stars for awhile. Quake is the focus still. I did dump a ton of resources into him. He’s almost caught up.

I need to sink stuff into night nurse too so I can be sustainable in raids. My a team can clear 2-3 nodes so healing should increase that, I hope.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I unlocked drax but he’s staying at 2 stars for awhile. Quake is the focus still. I did dump a ton of resources into him. He’s almost caught up.

I need to sink stuff into night nurse too so I can be sustainable in raids. My a team can clear 2-3 nodes so healing should increase that, I hope.

Yeah NN is a must for raids. Most people can only do maybe 5 nodes at best before the attrition is too much.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Yeah NN is a must for raids. Most people can only do maybe 5 nodes at best before the attrition is too much.

Not just for raids but later campaign nodes as well IMO.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Double S.H.I.E.L.D. rates from campagin are active.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Oh awesome. I can't wait to double up on my normal rate of zero shards per node.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How are the other goon groups doing in terms of burnout/participation? I think Goon Registration Act is down to about a 12 active members this week with the rest quitting or just no-showing to raids.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
CSS is pretty consistently 20+/24 on raids.

Clans in this game really need to be much larger and raids seriously need to be redesigned so that A) you're not competing with your fellow dudes and B) you don't get hosed for not having 100% participation.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
CSS is only comprised of the most hardcore of the casual crowd, though. We play not because of a burning desire to win but instead a crushing sense of absolute boredom.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Just so folks know, I’m dropping from the game. I’m getting real bored of it truth be told, so I’m likely not playing it anymore, be strong in thy endeavors goons of the phone heroes

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Hogama posted:

Double S.H.I.E.L.D. rates from campagin are active.

Frustratingly the email said on the 12th and 18th there would be double shards.
Everyone thought that they ment from the 12th to the 18th. It now just seems, no on those two days only there would be double shards.
This is powerful lame.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Away all Goats posted:

How are the other goon groups doing in terms of burnout/participation? I think Goon Registration Act is down to about a 12 active members this week with the rest quitting or just no-showing to raids.

hebrons is still pretty strong but i think we are like 2 people short and its frustrating for the raids because we easily crush the hard stages but just need a few warm bodies to do the easy lanes

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Frustratingly the email said on the 12th and 18th there would be double shards.
Everyone thought that they ment from the 12th to the 18th. It now just seems, no on those two days only there would be double shards.
This is powerful lame.

P. sure most people were aware it was only the two days.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

P. sure most people were aware it was only the two days.

Yeah, I've played mobile games before. They said it would be 2 days, it's gonna be 2 days, not 10.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

The Diddler posted:

Yeah, I've played mobile games before. They said it would be 2 days, it's gonna be 2 days, not 10.

I thought it was only the 12th so it's twice as good as I thought! Should manage to get my shield team to 4* before the event (Quake, Hawkeye, Cap, Medic, and whichever one you can buy from the arena store).

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

2 x 0 = 0 :(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:hf: :(

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.

I spent some cores refreshing the nodes. Its not like there's anything else they're good for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Yarrington posted:

I spent some cores refreshing the nodes. Its not like there's anything else they're good for.

I've been spending my cores buying Black Widow shards when they show up in the stores. I'm at 86/100 now.
I might have a team of 3 star SHIELD for the event. But no chance of getting 4 or 5 stars.

• Locked thread