Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Jose posted:

he's just going to tank the fall with gamers body

seriously it's 20d6 at most, why would he even worry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Saraiguma posted:

seriously it's 20d6 at most, why would he even worry

It's MMO rules, he just just gets reduced to 1. If he doesn't Telekinesis himself. Or the ground.

NowonSA posted:

Maybe he gets slapped with magic restraints he can't take off so he has to rely on his physical skills and general BS gamer skills to get out of there.

Or him running into the limitations of his abilities a bit more. IE the drawback on having too much int compared to vit, or him not being able to pick up books based on concepts which causes him to prepare for a fight the wrong way (the church of masks's divine connection vs someone who abuses the akashic record to achieve the same thing for example.)

The training and power of Jee han has been escalating nicely for the most part at least so I don't mind if it continues because it's getting into the 'ok seriously how can he get even more superwizard?' territory.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
honestly i'm not into it like "the gamer" barely matters any more for his powers, he's just a wizard.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Gamer/S004---Chapter-029?id=421973

I can't handle this ninja wheelchair bullshit

also, punk'd

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
God loving dammit Jee-Han.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I wanted him taken down a peg, but not like this!

Not when he can take a potion for a minor int boost and get insane magic power on top of 99 freaking percent mana reduction, couldn't he just make a giant mana spirit bomb and kill basically anyone with that kind of multiplier in place?!

I'm ready for a Jee-han rescue arc with the minor players getting a chance to shine, but who are we kidding. He's going to pop that mask off and reveal that this whole time that body has been a high-class golem he's been controlling remotely or something.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Gamer feels very similar to a lot of isekai web novels in the sense of being a power fantasy with an absurdly overpowered main character who operates on game-like rules.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

The Gamer feels very similar to a lot of isekai web novels in the sense of being a power fantasy with an absurdly overpowered main character who operates on game-like rules.

it's not a unique premise, no.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, but how often do they do poo poo like what he did recently in turning the entire fight into a tower defense map? That was pretty hilarious.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pretty lame chapter. I wanted him to beat up the invalid.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Does Gamer's Mind provide protection from mind control effects? Because I think that would be a funny outcome.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

SerSpook posted:

Does Gamer's Mind provide protection from mind control effects? Because I think that would be a funny outcome.

Yes full immunity if I remember right.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I'd find it more hilarious if the Divine Connection backfired on the Church of Masks because now they're all playing his game.

Or in other words: Welcome to Jee Han Han MMO!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

SerSpook posted:

Gah of course that's what it will be, one of his most overpowered innate skills shows off just how powerful it really is.

That's probably a tough trait to scout out, but it'll be super hilarious if the Church really went after him and wanted to force him to join to obtain his power but literally never could pop a working mask on him no matter what.

Probably gonna see Jee-han inject a lethal magic virus into the Church's divine connection too now that he has direct access via the mask.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Or steal the entire church's powers.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Yeah, he probably only seems stunned because he's ordering all their people around like units in an RTS game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EponymousMrYar posted:

I'd find it more hilarious if the Divine Connection backfired on the Church of Masks because now they're all playing his game.

Or in other words: Welcome to Jee Han Han MMO!

That would be a better twist than what we're likely to get

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i figure she's got an in, but unlike every other person jee-han still has room to exist.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Speculation: Jee-Han uses the masks to pass Gamer's Mind to everyone wearing them.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
He's busy spamming them all with guild invites and explaining that they can use guild chat as a replacement for mask telepathy without sharing all the embarrassing memories of being rejected by their first crushes. Also the magic of grinding levels in a game system since they all share his immunity to mind control while he wears the mask.

Next week he'll sell the auction guy some god tier crafted items which are worth a lot more than anything they could get by stealing mana.

When he explains how he forgot he was immune to mental effects afterwards his friends will give him the usual look that shows just how tired they are of his bullshit powers.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I could see Jee-Han taking over leadership of the Church of Masks and showing them far more efficient ways to grind towards higher powers. If they have an ultimate goal he can get behind that'd be a solid twist, though his existing Chunbyuu (sp?) membership would be a conflict there.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hell turn on divine connection once, get a SHITLOAD of skills and casually take it off.

And hell continue using his tendency to abuse epic boss loot and divine connection his golems.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am fully awaiting the part where he equips all his golems with unique skills and appearances and then they all rebel against him or go rogue and he has to stop his own mad creations!

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I'm half expecting the next chapter (is that the right term for manhwa?) to open up with a pop up about guild creation.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-30/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=226

We don't force anyone.

Mental Erosion has begun. :v:

And yeah, Gamer's Mind will be Jee-Han's Ace in the hole.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Well we were right about Gamer's Mind being the cheat to get him out of this. Interesting to see that it only partially nullified a mental effect though in that he's still trapped in imaginary space, and not completely immune to ti.

Opens the door for a powerful enough mental status affecting spell to work on him, albeit probably with a diminished effect. I'm down for someone using super high level domination magic on him and he just starts acting drunk or something.

Sharing the Gamer's Mind ability could certainly be a way to bring down the Masks, that seems pretty solid since just based on what we've seen so far having it renders you comatose at the very least.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So I just uh read all of this over the past two days.

I still want to know why they picked out the Yeon guild for mindscrewing in particular.

I also just realized how he's going to break out of this. He is going to use his oldest attack skill and

[TEAR OFF] The mask.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 6, 2018

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I recently reread this as well, since I kinda fell off on all the stuff I was following on webtoons a while back I figured I’d just reread the ones I liked.

The series reads far, far better when binging it over the course of a week or so. The fps in this game pacing in this series gets bogged down whenever action starts but when you go through it all at once you get a much better feel for how stupidly fast of a pace he’s getting stronger at and suddenly all the various “:stare: dude your power is loving bullshit” scenes are a lot more tolerable in context. While reading them as they come out you kinda get used to his schtick and just want things to move forward already but while archive binging it’s way more apparent that the Gamer’s Mind isn’t just for show, it’s literally making him treat these actual life and death situations like a video game and it understandably kind of creeps everyone else out.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

I recently reread this as well, since I kinda fell off on all the stuff I was following on webtoons a while back I figured I’d just reread the ones I liked.

The series reads far, far better when binging it over the course of a week or so. The fps in this game pacing in this series gets bogged down whenever action starts but when you go through it all at once you get a much better feel for how stupidly fast of a pace he’s getting stronger at and suddenly all the various “:stare: dude your power is loving bullshit” scenes are a lot more tolerable in context. While reading them as they come out you kinda get used to his schtick and just want things to move forward already but while archive binging it’s way more apparent that the Gamer’s Mind isn’t just for show, it’s literally making him treat these actual life and death situations like a video game and it understandably kind of creeps everyone else out.

Even him, but then it shuts down the creepiness he feels.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Well we were right about Gamer's Mind being the cheat to get him out of this. Interesting to see that it only partially nullified a mental effect though in that he's still trapped in imaginary space, and not completely immune to ti.

Opens the door for a powerful enough mental status affecting spell to work on him, albeit probably with a diminished effect. I'm down for someone using super high level domination magic on him and he just starts acting drunk or something.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

New Episode It looks like there is a limit after all, but only because as people suggested she is also using the world itself as her tool.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 8, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That was kind of underwhelming.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That was kind of underwhelming.

Eh, I don't know about that. It kind of hints that her loneliness and disability are defining parts of her identity. Like Jee-Han says, she could probably walk with a magic spell. She needs to believe that all others are lonely and broken, because it justifies her brainwashing in an effort to satisfy her own needs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what chapter did the brother appear in school?

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
:downs: I don't need to brainwash you because everyone here wants to be here! *tries to brainwashes you*

So what are the chances of her joining the harem?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

That Guy Bob posted:

:downs: I don't need to brainwash you because everyone here wants to be here! *tries to brainwashes you*

So what are the chances of her joining the harem?

Non-zero, but still low.

I'm mildly curious about which part of his mind got damaged by that World power. I wonder if she's acquired motor control while his consciousness is still down in memories hell, or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i couldn't find the chapter where the brother appears in school, but at the orphanage jee-han commented that he wasn't wearing glasses so he probably was at school. in the flashback, the brother was the one who wore glasses and the sister did not. now in present day the sister is wearing glasses, but only in real life and not the mental world. there's something real dang fishy going on.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm beginning to think Jihan will never beat up the cripple.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i couldn't find the chapter where the brother appears in school, but at the orphanage jee-han commented that he wasn't wearing glasses so he probably was at school. in the flashback, the brother was the one who wore glasses and the sister did not. now in present day the sister is wearing glasses, but only in real life and not the mental world. there's something real dang fishy going on.

I remember them saying they had some kind of body-switching ability, so it could be that he's actually in her body but still needs her glasses for some reason. If they have that ability then I think it's a necessity to have that play a key part, and the glasses have to be a clue related to that in my view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

NowonSA posted:

I remember them saying they had some kind of body-switching ability, so it could be that he's actually in her body but still needs her glasses for some reason. If they have that ability then I think it's a necessity to have that play a key part, and the glasses have to be a clue related to that in my view.

they could switch bodies, but whenever they did the brother was comatose for the duration. here's the chapter: https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-4-ep-19/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=215

also, the guy who gave her the mask is definitely the lord of chaos, who appeared briefly a long way back but never did anything interesting. i found that by accident while looking for the brother's appearance at school, since i obviously didn't remember some random goober who said some cryptic bullshit and then vanished from the manwha. https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/the-gamer/season-3-ep-22/viewer?title_no=88&episode_no=146