Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's not science fiction, it's what we do everyday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

BigDave posted:

No more debating about the future of America, focus only on the Double Bacon Butter Burger Deluxe.

With cheese curds and a root beer.

EDIT: Capitols won the Stanley Cup, DC to burn. Film at 11.
There's a few things I miss about Colorado Springs, but Culver's is absolutely one of them. A little goes a long way, though, because delicious as those butter burgers are they are greasy as hell.

They're probably my favorite chain I've been to. I tried In-and-Out coming back from NTC, but those do not remotely live up to the hype.

These days I eat Whataburger, and those are serviceable enough

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Bell_ posted:

There's a few things I miss about Colorado Springs, but Culver's is absolutely one of them. A little goes a long way, though, because delicious as those butter burgers are they are greasy as hell.

They're probably my favorite chain I've been to. I tried In-and-Out coming back from NTC, but those do not remotely live up to the hype.

These days I eat Whataburger, and those are serviceable enough

I grew up in the southeast and when I moved out west I got to try In-N-Out for the first time. I'll cut a bitch for some In-N-Out.

Tried Culver's a year or two ago and didn't care for it. Nor do I like whataburger.

Fite me

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

In N out is Wendy's with a line out front and unjustified hype.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

In N Out, Noun.

A more pretentious Five Guys. It exists solely so that people from California and the South West have something to talk about other than wildfires, water shortages, and earthquakes.

"This burger is great, but have you ever had In N Out? Me and my friends used to order off the secret menu at the one one off the 405 in Brentwood and it was hella good."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Anthony Bourdain killed himself

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yep 2018 2018ing again.

Get help, talk to someone, etc.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

What the poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
drat man. I was wondering when he was releasing some more poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

What the poo poo
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Kate Spade thing didn't set him off.

Edit: Well that, and #metoo, and Trump of course.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 8, 2018

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Aw poo poo. Kitchen Confidential is a helluva book.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

gently caress. I’ve been a fan of his work for years now. I was just watching Parts Unknown episodes last night.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Wrong thread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I grew up in the southeast and when I moved out west I got to try In-N-Out for the first time. I'll cut a bitch for some In-N-Out.

Tried Culver's a year or two ago and didn't care for it. Nor do I like whataburger.

Fite me

Whataburgers great, fight me on some neutral ground.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Tide posted:

Wrong thread

Anthony Bourdain ate with Obama (and I’ve been to that place..they enshrined the table) and has poo poo talked Trump on a number occasions and stood for the type of well-connected multicultural society that MAGA assholes hate.

gently caress god loving damnit all my favorites succumb to suicide. Robin Williams, Chris Cornell, Anthony Bourdain. Had a good friend kill herself two years ago as well.

I’ll make this about Trump. The CDC reported that suicide has grown 30% since 1999

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-suicides-increasing-20180607-story.html

And what, do expect this piece of poo poo administration to do about it? Goddamn nothing except gut more of our social safety net.

gently caress I was at such a high the capitals winning but it’s 2018 had to come crashing back down to earth in despair :(

*edit*
Oops I thought this was the Trump thread. I’m so mad/tired/sad can’t even tell where I’m posting

Solaris 2.0 fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 8, 2018

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What the h*ck is a progressive conservative those words mean the exact opposite.

It's like progressive dementia, only worse.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Anthony Bourdain ate with Obama (and I’ve been to that place..they enshrined the table) and has poo poo talked Trump on a number occasions and stood for the type of well-connected multicultural society that MAGA assholes hate.

gently caress god loving damnit all my favorites succumb to suicide. Robin Williams, Chris Cornell, Anthony Bourdain. Had a good friend kill herself two years ago as well.

I’ll make this about Trump. The CDC reported that suicide has grown 30% since 1999

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-suicides-increasing-20180607-story.html

And what, do expect this piece of poo poo administration to do about it? Goddamn nothing except gut more of our social safety net.

gently caress I was at such a high the capitals winning but it’s 2018 had to come crashing back down to earth in despair :(

*edit*
Oops I thought this was the Trump thread. I’m so mad/tired/sad can’t even tell where I’m posting

No.

I posted in the wrong thread. When I edited in 'wrong thread', it was before it would say "Tide edited this message..."

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
gently caress :(

He will genuinely be missed.
https://twitter.com/bourdain/status/960322190993477632?s=21

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

I really hope someone is checking in on Asia Argento, the last year has not been great for either of them,

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bourdain owns. His episodes of No Reservations and Parts Unknown are the most genuinely accurate representations of Chicago.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Tide posted:

No.

I posted in the wrong thread. When I edited in 'wrong thread', it was before it would say "Tide edited this message..."

Didn't you complain about haitian taxi drivers

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Didn't you complain about haitian taxi drivers

Among other stupid things.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He was a good guy and will be missed.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1005060299475636224

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/1004812693348511751

Can't wait until it is just the G-6. Isolating America from its allies, to own the libs.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
"no collusion" "hey guys Russia is just the best right?"

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Tide posted:

No.

No worries I posted in the wrong thread too..sorry wasn’t trying to call you out or anything.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

"no collusion" "hey guys Russia is just the best right?"
Just yesterday Paul Ryan tried to get back in Two Scoops' goos graces by saying there was no evidence of collusion.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That's really sad about Bourdain. The guy pulled himself out of substance abuse and a work life that was on its way to ending him fast and was absolutely killing it on TV doing something he loved.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 8, 2018

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

This it it guys. This is what will convince the majority of Republicans to put country over party. Truly a watershed moment for American politics.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Sacrist65 posted:

This it it guys. This is what will convince the majority of Republicans to put country over party. Truly a watershed moment for American politics.

Every real Republican has abandoned the party over the last 18 months. All of my Republican friends from college have disavowed their party and either vote Democrat or Independent. A few older Republicans that I know were delusional and believed that Trump was good for business until he executed his tariffs that hurt their businesses personally; now they just mutter about Obama's EPA while weeping silently.

What few rational Trump voters existed have since soured on him. The only people left supporting Trump are the irredeemable dregs of American society who label any Republican who doesn't vote lockstep with their president a RINO and somehow thinks privatizing the VA is a good idea. I grew up in Trump's America; half of my extended family voted for him. They're the all the loving worst.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They're all still voting Republican this year btw

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I thought Bourdain had one of the best jobs in the world. He got paid to write, travel, and film all these amazing places and meet interesting people. Mental health issues do not discriminate.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Fallom posted:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallom posted:

They'll disown trump and forget he ever existed like they did for W. Their cruelty will go on undiminished, twisting their own perception of reality like a dadaist sculpture in which the pebble shapes the river rather than the other way around, except they're more pebble than river at this point and it looks like this year isn't getting any less drier.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
This moron got the boot: https://sofrep.com/104349/update-communist-ranger-and-west-pointer-receives-an-other-than-honorable-discharge/

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fallom posted:

That's really sad about Bourdain. The guy pulled himself out of substance abuse and a work life that was on its way to ending him fast and was absolutely killing it on TV doing something he loved.

Sometimes that's just not what fills that hole.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Whoa poo poo afraid of commies much, sofrep? Guess that makes sense since they idealize a time in American history when we destroyed the slightest pink government in South America; wouldn't want that to happen to your own country.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I never really watched him but he seemed like a legit down to earth guy

Between him and Kate Spade it's been a weird week

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Bourdain is what got me into travelling SE Asia and curious to try local foods, and the enjoyment of travelling alone. This is a kick in the rear end. Between this and seeing the Dumber Ford get elected Premier I'm thinking I need a mental health day today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Matt LeBlanc is leaving Top Gear after this upcoming series. He cited that the show is putting a strain on spending time with his family due to all the travel and time away from home. Can’t fault the guy for having his priorities straight.

• Locked thread