Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You mean they kept that child sex slave at that makeshift rape camp for at least 20 years!?!

I guarantee someone is going to make that argument.

Edit: Dog tax, with best kind of dogs, tied only with all other dogs - rescued dogs.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
A minority of Qultists are concerned about trusting VoP since it's run by a junkie felon, and they're worried that PizzaGate 2.0 might be discredited.... because that would impact the credibility of PizzaGate 1.0.

Let that sink in.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I'm starting to really like u/grnmoss:

quote:

grnmoss
You have more than you know. - Q
11 points·
5 hours ago
·edited 3 hours ago

The problem is the guy posting this stuff is bonkers and has been caught misrepresenting himself.

Criminal history in multiple states, poses as a vet but is admittedly not a vet, acts crazy in a hospital and gets himself arrested, climbs up light poles and starts shouting and ranting like a madman, tampers with evidence, etc.

The 'evidence' he posts is of low quality, and the severity and scope of what he finds is greatly exaggerated. High res photos? Not gonna happen. High res video? Not gonna happen. Actual expert analysis? Ain't happening. Remotely credible people don't want to be affiliated with someone who uses mil-speak while posing as a vet. He's his own worst enemy.

There might be some validity to his concerns about coyote camps (the nonsense invented here about cemex turning "the bodies" [what bodies?] into cement is laughable), but his communication style is so drat crazy that it turns reasonable people off to his concerns.

Prepare the banhammer!

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Does anybody else smell burned toast?

quote:

Todd and Clare. Ichie Gross Pizza Packet. Talpiot. Unit 8200. Sabbatai Zevi. Titan Pointe January 4th. HRC and Colin Powell Blackberry SCIF gag. UAE pedo mansions with suspicious history of permit pulling. Secret meetings at Jerry Kaplan's house in White Plains. Podesta Big Timbers; Donner Party porch rocker. Nesta Webster and Bella Dodds and AA-125. William Cooper and Ralph Epperson and Mae Brussel. NAMBLA Austin, Stratfor. Valdosta Couey Jeb Bush. In-Q-Tel, IBM Eclipse. Navy Chatter, MK, Monarch, Bluebird.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'm a little surprised that there really was a skull at all.

I'd love to see a report on media affecting perceptions of human trafficking. Supposedly Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist caused a large spike in American belief in possession and a literal Satan. I'm curious how much Taken and crime procedurals convinced people of a massive kidnapping underworld for human trafficking, as opposed to the equally depressing but far less cinematic reality.

I've got a lot of half-thoughts that aren't quite forming an effort post, but it's really weird to see things like QAnon and Pizzagate going "mainstream." Equally crazy theories have always been around, but they were usually on the fringe. Sure there were people who thought that a secret Illuminati laser destroyed the WTC, but I'd guess the majority believed in the slightly saner versions. Is it just senile boomers joining the usual suspects for Satanic Panic 2, or are things just getting that weird online?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

SBJ posted:

“Doesn’t look like anything to me”

Cannot loving wait for local archaeologists to be forced to reveal that it's a Classic Period Hohokam site or something (Tucson area is full of them) and that these motherfuckers are digging up Native graves.

Also, that is not a child's skull.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

A minority of Qultists are concerned about trusting VoP since it's run by a junkie felon, and they're worried that PizzaGate 2.0 might be discredited.... because that would impact the credibility of PizzaGate 1.0.

Let that sink in.

my two favorite conspiracy theories about pizzagate are adjacent, and I don't know which I like better

1) General Case: pizzagate is a Clintonist conspiracy to discredit investigation into actual Clinton conspiracies. Conclusion: crazy Clinton conspiracy theories are evidence that Clinton is nefarious.

2) Specific Case: pizzagate is a Clintonist conspiracy to discredit investigation into the actual Clinton Satanist pedophile cannibal conspiracy. Conclusion: crazy Clinton conspiracy theories are evidence for my personal crazy Clinton conspiracy theory.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

Cannot loving wait for local archaeologists to be forced to reveal that it's a Classic Period Hohokam site or something (Tucson area is full of them) and that these motherfuckers are digging up Native graves.

Also, that is not a child's skull.

It’s either that or some poor person who tried to cross the border and died from exposure. In which case the Qultists have just helped shown why Trump’s immigration stances are vile and inhumane because they lead to grueling deaths

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Wanna join Reddit solely to upvote u/grnmoss:

quote:

Vexxlyn
Do you believe in coincidences? - Q
10 points·
6 hours ago

He makes a briliant point. If this is how long it takes 911 to react to a body imagine how slow they'll react to an emergency "im going to die if I don't get help now" call.

Call their local police, they'll flat out tell you they aren't coming and that the bones are animal bones. That is a child's skull no doubt.
grnmoss
You have more than you know. - Q
10 points·
5 hours ago

Because a fully decomposed body is not an emergency.

Also note in the above Twitter post that Tucson PD had to ask randos off of Twitter/Facebook to stop calling 911 about conspiracy theories because that distracts from actual emergencies.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s either that or some poor person who tried to cross the border and died from exposure. In which case the Qultists have just helped shown why Trump’s immigration stances are vile and inhumane because they lead to grueling deaths

It looks recent and unworn enough that I'd bet that's the best possibility, especially knowing it's from 20 miles away in a far more rural and remote part of Pima County. Good job guys, you discovered that US immigration policy is evil.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

KiteAuraan posted:

It looks recent and unworn enough that I'd bet that's the best possibility, especially knowing it's from 20 miles away in a far more rural and remote part of Pima County. Good job guys, you discovered that US immigration policy is evil.

The Qultist minority who think it's a routine immigrant desert death are taking this as yet more evidence that we need to Build The Wall to save the poor immigrants from dying crossing the border.

EDIT: There's a faction trying to implicate a Tucson childrens' NGO called Casa de los Niños. So just like ACORN, let's make up a bunch of poo poo to demonize a charity until it's forced to shut down.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Yeah, I mean it's better if they die in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras or El Salvador, where we don't have to look at the ugly results of US foreign policy.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
As much as these folks love deep-throating ARE TROOPS, they will turn on them in a loving *heartbeat*.

There's a Qult faction attacking Craig Sawyer (the SEAL guy with the national Child Rescue group, who's just visiting the local Tucson Veterans on Patrol group), because he's been on the Alex Jones show (they hate AJ now), and because somehow tangentially his anti-trafficking NGO has ties to grants from larger organizations that somehow amongst the red yarn have ties to Hillary and Soros. Because NGOs are famous for never being tied to anything else.

Again, Sawyer may have done cool stuff in the service, and his group may have honorable intentions, but I'm just skeptical because he's not really qualified in forensics or anything, and has a vested interest in hyping trafficking in the media because he's shopping a documentary and raising funds. Those are normal, sane reasons to be skeptical of Sawyer supporting the "rape camp" theory, which again to clarify Sawyer is kinda middling on and its VoP going batshit for.

Then there's reasons like this:

quote:

I have come to the conclusion that Craig Sawyer is not really our friend after watching an SGTReport interview with him yesterday. He fell short of telling the whole story by not revealing that Tucson PD, lied and never sent the cadaver dog in to where the group had been digging until the smell got too bad. He also then talked about how he works with the cops and doesn't confront them. He tried to back out of that comment but it was too late for me. Then someone posted his bio earlier today and it said he used to work for 3 or 4 Elites including the Clintons. Sure wish I'd saved that. I think he's just another cover. I could be wrong but . . . . See it even makes sense that they would have someone like him start that kind of group and get all sorts of news coverage on the alt-right media! Making us think he is helping when, in fact, it's likely the opposite like all the other 95% child rescue organizations. He's been on with AJ several times and he (AJ) blew his cover when Corsi went down by saying that he talked to Q and knew who Q was!!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention. He also said he'd never heard about a "rape tree" or seen the other things they found in the first camp because his guys are more familiar with what happens in Africa and they don't do that there! What did you just say big guy!!

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

hahahaha wait, Qtips hate Alex Jones now? Is it because he got mad at Daddy for glaring really hard at Assad back in April?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Gen. Ripper posted:

hahahaha wait, Qtips hate Alex Jones now? Is it because he got mad at Daddy for glaring really hard at Assad back in April?

Jerome Corsi I guess is some kind of pundit for AJ and a month or so back labeled QAnon a government disinformation campaign, and iirc Alex Jones either backed or didn't contradict Corsi, so now AJ is totally anathema and shunned by the Qult.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
I'm having trouble figuring out where the skull was found, the police report indicates "a remote desert location near Manville Road", but I'm having trouble finding a location near Manville Road that matches what the VOP screenshot of google maps shows, in fact I'm having trouble finding any location that matches what the VOP screenshot indicates, whether near Manville Road, the Cemex plant, or anywhere.

edit: the VOP screenshot I'm referring to is this one

Jygallax fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 8, 2018

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I'm not tracking it closely but I've seen people mention it's 20 or 30 miles from the Cemex plant and hobo camp. So basically zero reason to believe they're connected.

EDIT: I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that VoP is as good at geolocation as they are at forensics.

EDIT2: Reddit and 4chan are packed with posters who are sure they can assess the age of the deceased and estimate how long the skull has been there based on a blurry 400x400 screencap. They sound very sure.

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 8, 2018

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

I'm not tracking it closely but I've seen people mention it's 20 or 30 miles from the Cemex plant and hobo camp. So basically zero reason to believe they're connected.

I don't believe they're connected, I just want to figure out where it might have been just for no other reason than to satisfy my own curiosity and ability to verify everything myself

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Jygallax posted:

I'm having trouble figuring out where the skull was found, the police report indicates "a remote desert location near Manville Road", but I'm having trouble finding a location near Manville Road that matches what the VOP screenshot of google maps shows, in fact I'm having trouble finding any location that matches what the VOP screenshot indicates, whether near Manville Road, the Cemex plant, or anywhere.

edit: the VOP screenshot I'm referring to is this one

I like that it was already ruled by the coroner as an adult (because it is) and that they are too stupid to realized the scattered human bones are likely from a single person. Because that's what happens to unburied remains, especially in the Arizona desert, they get scattered over a wide area. One would figure a bunch of "survivalists" operating here would know basic taphonomy.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

KiteAuraan posted:

I like that it was already ruled by the coroner as an adult (because it is) and that they are too stupid to realized the scattered human bones are likely from a single person. Because that's what happens to unburied remains, especially in the Arizona desert, they get scattered over a wide area. One would figure a bunch of "survivalists" operating here would know basic taphonomy.

This is what happens when you hold up veterans as the absolute height of competency in your culture.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
On 4chan someone suggested that a predator had disturbed the remains, leading to a bunch of anons misreading "predator" the animal vs "predator" a person and shrieking that a pedo wouldn't trek out into the desert just to scatter a dead body.

EDIT: I like reading dumb boards and making fun of these people, but I'm getting really tired of "praise Kek!" and "reeeeeeeeeeee".

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Jygallax posted:

This is what happens when you hold up veterans as the absolute height of competency in your culture.

Are you suggesting that elite SEAL skills like swimming really far aren't applicable to forensics?

And are you doubting that a drug-addicted felon isn't basically just as good as a vet because he wears a shemagh scarf and says things like "debrief at 0630"?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

On 4chan someone suggested that a predator had disturbed the remains, leading to a bunch of anons misreading "predator" the animal vs "predator" a person and shrieking that a pedo wouldn't trek out into the desert just to scatter a dead body.

EDIT: I like reading dumb boards and making fun of these people, but I'm getting really tired of "praise Kek!" and "reeeeeeeeeeee".

That person is right, and the rest are idiots. I hike in the backcountry in the Arizona desert a lot. It's not uncommon to find deer skeletons in similar situations, spread out over 30-50 feet by a combination of coyotes and vultures, and in the mountains, mountain lions. Again, any serious survivalist here (which the Vet Patrol are not) would know this. I don't know why this is making me so annoyed, but it is.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

I give up, I can't find any location on google maps that matches the VOP screenshot at all, let alone one that matches any of the information out there.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Jygallax posted:

I give up, I can't find any location on google maps that matches the VOP screenshot at all, let alone one that matches any of the information out there.

Have you tried smoking meth?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Looking at the poo poo they're doing, and how they're bone hunting, they are going to end up loving up an archaeological site, just like at Malheur. These loving idiots cannot have a Big Paranoid Racist Hootinanny without doing that.

Edit: located the area, 32°17'32.3"N 111°21'52.0"W. It's "remote", in that it's right off a major road, and not far from some unincorporated houses and developments.

KiteAuraan fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 8, 2018

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Wait, I think I found it, it's probably approximately 32.291543, -111.367078 although for some reason their screenshot shows a park and a small river where google maps won't show that for me. Soros disinfo???

edit:

quote:

Edit: located the area, 32°17'32.3"N 111°21'52.0"W. It's "remote", in that it's right off a major road, and not far from some unincorporated houses and developments.

:hfive:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

KiteAuraan posted:

Looking at the poo poo they're doing, and how they're bone hunting, they are going to end up loving up an archaeological site, just like at Malheur. These loving idiots cannot have a Big Paranoid Racist Hootinanny without doing that.

If the Bundys' Y'all Qaeda, or the Three Percenters, Oath Keepers, or other such group decide to get in on this for glory points, this is going to escalate quickly.

I'm honestly surprised the far right isn't attacking *way* more people than they currently are. I attribute this mainly to laziness.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

They're discussing digging into any mounds they find to look for skeletons now. Yep, they're gonna gently caress up a site. loving goddamn paranoid poo poo fucks.

Sorry, just, I do work in archaeology in the region and like, we don't ever want people loving with poo poo, let alone for paranoid delusions.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Qultists are going to dig up a bunch of Indian burial grounds and discover the secret conspiracy of rape, plunder and genocide that permeates American history. I've heard even past presidents were involved!

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

They seem to be ranging over a pretty wide area in their searches, and there is an indian reservation nearby. :sweatdrop:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Mantis42 posted:

Qultists are going to dig up a bunch of Indian burial grounds and discover the secret conspiracy of rape, plunder and genocide that permeates American history. I've heard even past presidents were involved!

A bit too early for that, most everything in that area dates to CE 1450 at the latest. What they will do is cause real emotional harms to their living descendants, who don't want people fuckin' up their ancestors' graves.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

I wish these people were running some choice periscopes of their searches so we could watch this in real time.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Jygallax posted:

They seem to be ranging over a pretty wide area in their searches, and there is an indian reservation nearby. :sweatdrop:

Eagerly waiting to hear how reservations are in on it.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Jygallax posted:

I wish these people were running some choice periscopes of their searches so we could watch this in real time.

They get good enough cell reception out there?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

MANime in the sheets posted:

They get good enough cell reception out there?

None of it's that remote. It's basically up and down I-19 and like, 5 miles outside Tucson proper. They're also claiming MS13 (who do not do much of anything in Arizona) and Mexican Cartels (who are not leaving camps that can be traced, or remains in urban areas in the US, they aren't sloppy) are behind it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope this doesn't end with a shootout with local Native peoples. Because that's not going to go well for the Natives.

loving hell though, in the conspiracy world, NO ONE EVER DIES OF NATURAL CAUSES! There's always some sinister force that kills people; Soros, Hillary, Pedo Satanists, etc.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

LOL looks like they found an actual smuggler watch point on a hill. They are gonna get loving killed.

Edit: Facebook supporters are saying that the Civano community logo, which features a stylized "a" that looks like a triangular scroll is a pedophile symbol. It's not, it's a design derived from local Hohokam ceramics produced from CE 650-1450. We really gotta teach people better in this loving state.

KiteAuraan fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 8, 2018

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SBJ posted:

That last part is exactly what happened during the franklin coverup and what is happening now? What’s your point?

Can’t believe those McMartin preschool fucks got off either.

You know who remembers?

Michelle remembers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I'm a little surprised that there really was a skull at all.

I'd love to see a report on media affecting perceptions of human trafficking. Supposedly Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist caused a large spike in American belief in possession and a literal Satan. I'm curious how much Taken and crime procedurals convinced people of a massive kidnapping underworld for human trafficking, as opposed to the equally depressing but far less cinematic reality.

I've got a lot of half-thoughts that aren't quite forming an effort post, but it's really weird to see things like QAnon and Pizzagate going "mainstream." Equally crazy theories have always been around, but they were usually on the fringe. Sure there were people who thought that a secret Illuminati laser destroyed the WTC, but I'd guess the majority believed in the slightly saner versions. Is it just senile boomers joining the usual suspects for Satanic Panic 2, or are things just getting that weird online?

It's just the fact that you can easily hook up with other people who think something is fishy and any group of sufficient size will have at least one person in it who will just make poo poo up to encourage group cohesion or for whatever other reason. 9/11 was an inside job morphs into the twin towers were holographic projections very easily once the people who don't believe 9/11 was an inside job aren't part of the discussion. If the Satanic panic happened now (and I'd argue that we're heading in that direction) you'd have people busting into daycares armed with cameras and guns to bring the truth to the masses.

I still think QAnon is just some 4chan dudes having a laugh rather than a nation state though.