Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Corrode posted:

I don't understand any of the words you just used. Which bit lets me re-roll 1s to hit?

The bit where you reference the three line snippet in the Deathwatch Codex where brothers were sent back to their original chapters still clad in black due to their original chapters being in dire need, only there was an Adminstratum error, so your boys which were generic Primaris who became Deathwatch are now counts as Space Wolves in order to use their even more powerful “Yiff yiff” chapter tactics.

I’m guessing space wolves will likely get some sort of close combat orientated chapter tactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Milotic posted:

The bit where you reference the three line snippet in the Deathwatch Codex where brothers were sent back to their original chapters still clad in black due to their original chapters being in dire need, only there was an Adminstratum error, so your boys which were generic Primaris who became Deathwatch are now counts as Space Wolves in order to use their even more powerful “Yiff yiff” chapter tactics.

I’m guessing space wolves will likely get some sort of close combat orientated chapter tactic.

Come on loving classic counterattack with free chainswords and true grit strategem...

E: if GW don't Mary Sue the poo poo out of the wolves codex and spark massive upset online I will be bitterly disappointed.

JBP fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jun 8, 2018

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

JBP posted:

Come on loving classic counterattack with free chainswords and true grit strategem...

E: if GW don't Mary Sue the poo poo out of the wolves codex and spark massive upset online I will be bitterly disappointed.

Curse of the Wulfen was sooo bad. The Space Wolves acted as complete idiots. I only got it for the ridiculously good Daemon rules in there. Please papa, not the normal Warpstorm table again. At least The Wrath of Magnus had cool stuff - Tzeentch Daemons riding through magma to penetrate the fang.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

JBP posted:

Yeah I'm thinking that spread is good, but I also kind of want to keep it fluffy (they're less than blood claws and kind of disposable) and also my plan to spend true grit on them to get that -1 ap shooting and an assault.

E: I'll probably run a cheap wolf priest or Ulrik with them since they can soak single wounds, get balmed and then drop extremely surprising cc horde clearance.

I want to keep it fluffy because (categorically wrong thing) is kind of an odd stance, you want to keep it headcanon.

Wolf priests balm is mostly useful to keep characters ticking over rather than help infantry since it cant do the standard apothecary res, so it mostly boils down to them being self sustaining bludgeon engines.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Artum posted:

I want to keep it fluffy because (categorically wrong thing) is kind of an odd stance, you want to keep it headcanon.

True. I live in the codex before thunderwolves in my mind, yet I also love thunderwolves because they're in my 3rd edition space wolves.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The first thing I did was convert this guy in Primaris mode

E: that looks like a primaris marine, it's all becoming clear :aaaaa:

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

JBP posted:

The first thing I did was convert this guy in Primaris mode

E: that looks like a primaris marine, it's all becoming clear :aaaaa:

That 3rd ed codex cover rocks. Pitty they have moved away from that to WOLVES ON WOLVES WITH WOLVES!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Chiwie posted:

That 3rd ed codex cover rocks. Pitty they have moved away from that to WOLVES ON WOLVES WITH WOLVES!

To me it's wolves that made friends with this 3rd edition guy because he was metal.

LMAO from putting that Nazi Ork commentary on Imgur this guy said "people get upset over nothing" while posting nothing but Nazi armour and uniforms

JBP fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jun 8, 2018

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Space Wolves could have been the coolest chapter but they were ruined a long time ago. Thunderwolves were the obvious shark jump but the wulfen were a step too far too. They kinda worked as a unique 13th Company thing when that was a thing but the implementation has been laaaaame.

How do you gently caress up Viking Werewolves as a concept idk

Crossing all my extremities that GW won't lean too far into the horrible, lovely Beast/Ullanor lore in the new Ork codex. That was not the greenskins we know and love.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm glad I stopped playing wolves before thunderwolves because coming back to them it's like "who cares that's funny" rather than years of perceived oppression. I missed so much lore and whatever I've assigned them my own stories with vague knowledge and the entire line is awesome.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Holy poo poo the Imperial Knight Battle Gauge.

Measure your distances with the big fuckin car key knight pilots crank up their titans with I guess.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Tbh there's been a whole secondary market for those things and the Knight one looks as functional as any of them, if it's not ridiculously priced I'll pick one up

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
:sigh:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I mean, at least they got the racial ideology correct for once?

Orks ain't no Nazis, Daisy-eaters (light or dark but especially the latter) on the other hand...

E: Also, that Edelweiss SS Rune (or whatever the gently caress it's meant to be, don't @me) looks shockingly similar to the old Wisconsin Electric symbol.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 8, 2018

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

What in the gently caress is wrong with people.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Shadin posted:

What in the gently caress is wrong with people.

They're Good Dogs Bad Nazis, Brent.

E: "Bad" in the sense of morally repugnant, I have no idea of their skill-level at marching around beating up workers, molesting small children, and murdering religious and ethnic minorities. They might be very good at these skills but they are still, to my mind, bad things.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Welp

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I'm desperately trying to ignore the thought of getting a pair of Helverin to run with an Acheron for a proper SHD.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I've been working on theory-crafting a 2000 point imperial guard list, that I plan on slowly purchasing, it's not meant to be competitive, but still be pretty good. It's infantry/artillery themed, because I absolutely adore that poo poo. It's like 25 points over 2000, but I'll figure that out. I starting thinking about it because I saw one of those ridiculous 3 baneblades lists from a tourney, and I wondered how many basilisks I could get for those 1500 points and if it wouldn't actually be a lot better. However, even with my great love of artillery I figured 14 basilisks might be a bit much - also, I wanted a more balanced force, while still having lotsa infantry and lotsa big guns firing forever in the back.

Tactics-wise, it's mean as being able to have a single castle or dual castle, depending on deployment etc. The three guardsman squads with las-cannon teams are meant to closely screen the artillery, and the three squads with plasmas being a forward screen (possibly moving to objectives). The 'bullgryn/crusader/priest'-mob are supposed to be counter-chargers or just for breaking tough nuts (with the two latter also being cheap elites for the brigade) - lack of mobility is obviously gonna hurt though.

Assassins are there for some flexibility and to cause havoc, and may be taken out in favor of some armigers or something (or removed alongside the basilisks to make room for a couple of imperial knights). I really like the goofy Creed model, so he is in there too.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) ++

+ HQ +
Lord Castellan Creed: Superior Tactical Training, Warlord
Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol, Relic of Lost Cadia
Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Troops +
7x Guardsman + sergeant + vox-caster
Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

6x Guardsman + sergeant + vox-caster
Heavy Weapon Team: Lascannon

+ Elites +
3 x Bullgryn: Bullgryn Maul, Slabshield
2 x Bullgryn: Brute Shield, Bullgryn Maul
Bullgryn Bone 'ead: Brute Shield, Bullgryn Maul

2x Crusader

Ministorum Priest: Inferno pistol

+ Fast Attack +
3 x Armoured Sentinels: autocannon

+ Heavy Support +
4 x Basilisk: Heavy Bolter

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) ++

+ HQ +
Primaris Psyker: Force Stave, Nightshroud, Psychic Barrier

+ Heavy Support +
3 x Basilisk: Heavy Bolter

++ Vanguard Detachment (Imperium - Officio Assassinorum) ++

+ Elites +
2 x Culexus Assassin
Vindicare Assassin

Also, they're not gonna be painted with a nazi-theme.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

The only upside to this dipshittery is that at least you know straight away that the person is a oval office, and you can save yourself the time of finding out in-game.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I figured 14 basilisks might be a bit much

Please clean out your trench by the end of the daycycle and turn in your Uplifting Primer on your way out of the warzone, we've decided to look for a Guardsman who better-aligns with our operating philosophy.

E: Your list lacks Fliers/AA which is going to be a pretty common need at 2k, and how are those Bullgryns and Crusaders going to get delivered to the enemy so they can do the needful on their face-punching action items?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 8, 2018

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

They're Good Dogs Bad Nazis, Brent.

E: "Bad" in the sense of morally repugnant, I have no idea of their skill-level at marching around beating up workers, molesting small children, and murdering religious and ethnic minorities. They might be very good at these skills but they are still, to my mind, bad things.

I kind of wish that GW would just go overboard for a few months to drive them all away. I mean loving crazy overboard, make a female Space Marine sergeant model, do a limited edition standard bearer for Gay Pride week, and have one of the BL authors write the script for an audiodrama about a trans Guard soldier's personal journey to self-acceptance before uncovering an ancient tome indicating that Malcador the Sigilite may have been bi.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Shadin posted:

I kind of wish that GW would just go overboard for a few months to drive them all away. I mean loving crazy overboard, make a female Space Marine sergeant model, do a limited edition standard bearer for Gay Pride week, and have one of the BL authors write the script for an audiodrama about a trans Guard soldier's personal journey to self-acceptance before uncovering an ancient tome indicating that Malcador the Sigilite may have been bi.

The Star Wars experience indicates they will not be driven-off.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Hell, Star Wars has barely done anything though except for add more than one black guy to the new films. I don't mean have an agenda like horrible nerds think, where all you do is just not have all white men in your media, I mean actually have one for as long as it takes.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Schadenboner posted:

Obstinate entitled nerds never go away, even when they say they're going away (for good this time no really).

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I've been working on theory-crafting a 2000 point imperial guard list, that I plan on slowly purchasing, it's not meant to be competitive, but still be pretty good. It's infantry/artillery themed, because I absolutely adore that poo poo. It's like 25 points over 2000, but I'll figure that out. I starting thinking about it because I saw one of those ridiculous 3 baneblades lists from a tourney, and I wondered how many basilisks I could get for those 1500 points and if it wouldn't actually be a lot better. However, even with my great love of artillery I figured 14 basilisks might be a bit much - also, I wanted a more balanced force, while still having lotsa infantry and lotsa big guns firing forever in the back.

Tactics-wise, it's mean as being able to have a single castle or dual castle, depending on deployment etc. The three guardsman squads with las-cannon teams are meant to closely screen the artillery, and the three squads with plasmas being a forward screen (possibly moving to objectives). The 'bullgryn/crusader/priest'-mob are supposed to be counter-chargers or just for breaking tough nuts (with the two latter also being cheap elites for the brigade) - lack of mobility is obviously gonna hurt though.

Assassins are there for some flexibility and to cause havoc, and may be taken out in favor of some armigers or something (or removed alongside the basilisks to make room for a couple of imperial knights). I really like the goofy Creed model, so he is in there too.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) ++

+ HQ +
Lord Castellan Creed: Superior Tactical Training, Warlord
Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol, Relic of Lost Cadia
Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Troops +

+ Elites +
3 x Bullgryn: Bullgryn Maul, Slabshield
2 x Bullgryn: Brute Shield, Bullgryn Maul
Bullgryn Bone 'ead: Brute Shield, Bullgryn Maul

2x Crusader

Ministorum Priest: Inferno pistol

+ Fast Attack +
3 x Armoured Sentinels: autocannon

+ Heavy Support +
4 x Basilisk: Heavy Bolter

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) ++

+ HQ +
Primaris Psyker: Force Stave, Nightshroud, Psychic Barrier

+ Heavy Support +
3 x Basilisk: Heavy Bolter

++ Vanguard Detachment (Imperium - Officio Assassinorum) ++

+ Elites +
2 x Culexus Assassin
Vindicare Assassin

Also, they're not gonna be painted with a nazi-theme.

Armoured sentinels are poo poo and 7 is too many Basilisks, Scout Sents are better and swapping some Basilisks for Hellhounds will make your list more flexible and vastly less boring to play with/against

Otherwise it's a fairly reasonable 2k Guard list.

Two Beans posted:

Obstinate entitled nerds never go away, even when they say they're going away (for good this time no really).

Ref my post yesterday - there'a guys on Dakka who've hated 40k for a decade+ and still post about it daily.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

Btw, this months white dwarf does come with some cool posters. The knight one posted earlier does show some different houses and organization, but the other side has this rad as gently caress image on the front.

Its giant.

I picked up this WD, those posters are loving huge. I have a stock of stuff like this, the anniversary Rogue Trader one and the Forgebane and Renegade art cards that's getting stored away for my eventual nerd cave.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Corrode posted:

Ref my post yesterday - there'a guys on Dakka who've hated 40k for a decade+ and still post about it daily.

I will never understand the drive to give even a moment's effort to posting in threads about something you don't like. Especially something as inane as a toy company.

And even if it doesn't drive them away I still want it to happen just so we can make fun of their unbelievable outrage posting.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Corrode posted:

I picked up this WD, those posters are loving huge. I have a stock of stuff like this, the anniversary Rogue Trader one and the Forgebane and Renegade art cards that's getting stored away for my eventual nerd cave.

The ones "at the news stand"* (or the GW store I guess?) have the poster as well?

*: I'm literally a 1930s person apparently.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Shadin posted:

I will never understand the drive to give even a moment's effort to posting in threads about something you don't like. Especially something as inane as a toy company.

And even if it doesn't drive them away I still want it to happen just so we can make fun of their unbelievable outrage posting.

It's utterly bizarre behaviour but nerds gonna nerds.

Schadenboner posted:

The ones "at the news stand"* (or the GW store I guess?) have the poster as well?

*: I'm literally a 1930s person apparently.

Yeah, the magazine is in a little sleeve with the posters. There's the double-sided Knight one and then a giant AoS one as well, with some terrible Stormcast vs. Ghostguys art on one side and then a map of the realms on the other which might be interesting if I knew anything about AoS.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Thanqol posted:

Finished my discount knockoff Custodes.

Dunno how these got ignored for a page. Amazing work.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Maneck posted:

Yeah, but why would you tell Ogryns (who are cool) that they have to cosplay Custodes (who are not)?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

So Helvarins are out tomorrow right? I need some guns to support my poor Chadmarines

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ayn Marx posted:

So Helvarins are out tomorrow right? I need some guns to support my poor Chadmarines

Yup. Some folks are probably already getting them. I expect mine to arrive next week via the War Store. Incidentally Neal is the absolute best and if you have any problems just call the store directly. It was pretty cool calling them and having the guy who owns everything casually pick up the phone.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Maneck posted:

They were the last post on a page I think, I saw them this morning and was like "those are awesome!" then forgot to say anything. Thanqol those are hella cool.

Ayn Marx posted:

Yeah, it's only the Warglaives which are waiting until next week.

Also I bought the stupid Knight gauge thing, it's pretty cool.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Custodes are actually very cool, just really dumb to fight against so I haven’t bought any. I’m a sucker for spears though.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pendent posted:

Custodes are actually very cool, just really dumb to fight against so I haven’t bought any. I’m a sucker for spears though.

I mean, they're cooler than Marines but still less cool than Ogryn?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah, but why would you tell Ogryns (who are cool) that they have to cosplay Custodes (who are not)?

The Imperium couldn't properly outfit the Ogryns after blowing its entire budget on gold leaf for Custodes. So the Ogryns improvised, beating up a squad of Custodes and making off with their stuff.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

The bikes are the only particularly dumb to fight ones, the rest of the army is just "hey what if TEQ didnt suck poo poo?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Maneck posted:

The Imperium couldn't properly outfit the Ogryns after blowing its entire budget on gold leaf for Custodes. So the Ogryns improvised, beating up a squad of Custodes and making off with their stuff.

See, that's perfectly reasonable and as it should be. Carry on.

E: And it explains why those Custodes from a dozen pages back are in silver, as well. Closure!