Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

C
Death to Morocco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
C, a strong Egypt is honestly great ally material.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SlothfulCobra posted:

France's out of nowhere opposition to Andalusian interests really foreshadows how that future alliance is going to go.

D is probably the most sensible option for the people of the levant and the world order at large; self-rule and more little states for great powers to exert influence over. Also for big fans of two-state solutions. But interests in self-rule have no place here, the only order of the day is peace for now and imperial ambitions for later. C is the obvious gently caress Morocco option, and it's probably what would've happened if Egypt could've finally fought it out with the Vakhtani Caliphate without Morocco always getting in the way. It's also the only way for north Africa to escape from Moroccan hegemony (although I am interested in the fate of Libya).

Then I guess B is for fans of the Sunni Caliph, although with how Russia's stepping into the area and has already seized Constantinople, they've really been on the downslope. I'm not sure if it's the only thing that'll save them from future imperialism or just speed them to their future demise. They're already having to deal with a lot of rebellious cultures.

And A is fair. Fair is fair. Fair? Fair. Might as well vote E.

It wasn’t really Andalusian interests though. We were mostly in the previous vote for the brownie points. I think it’s a little premature to count this as a betrayal by Frangland.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Captain Oblivious posted:

It wasn’t really Andalusian interests though. We were mostly in the previous vote for the brownie points. I think it’s a little premature to count this as a betrayal by Frangland.

Not to mention they had no loving idea how we were going to vote (as we had no idea how they were going to vote!).

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

D

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

D

Peace in the Levant!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
D

This is only relevant to "gently caress Morocco" in the most indirect sense. I don't want to strengthen a Moroccan ally or the Egyptian infidels *spits*. Give each region self-rule.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
C gently caress Morocco, etc

D is a trap, that's the exact same solution Morocco is going to propose for our disputed territories.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
C, screw Morocco

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
C

gently caress Morocco.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
C: I think we should sit this one out but buddying Egypt AND screwing Morocco is just too delicious to pass up

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Yeesh, guys, we may as well become Christian at this rate! B.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Don't forget those Armenian bastards claimed the Caliphate and expected Al-Andalus to bow to them. The Crusaders are Crusaders. A plague on both their houses, and gently caress Morocco into the bargain.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
C

gently caress Morocco

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I'm curious how the AI chooses to vote on these issues when it does not directly affect them. Is it solely based on their relations with the countries that it does affect with some sprinkling of the RNG's magic? To what extent will they take into account how you previously voted on their issues beyond your relations with their country?

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

D but Syria should be ruled by Christians and Palestine by Muslims

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Snipee posted:

I'm curious how the AI chooses to vote on these issues when it does not directly affect them. Is it solely based on their relations with the countries that it does affect with some sprinkling of the RNG's magic? To what extent will they take into account how you previously voted on their issues beyond your relations with their country?

Yep, it basically comes down to relations and some RNG. There's a base AI chance that an option will be picked depending on the vote at hand, and that chance is further modified by relations, which are affected by previous votes. So in this current vote, for example, Hannover doesn't have much personal clout in the Levant, so their base AI chance is set equally between Options A, B, C and D (25-25-25-25). That said, they have bad relations with Russia and Egypt (both voted against their favoured proposal in vote 2), so their likelihood of picking Option C is significantly smaller. Same goes for all the other options.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

Yep, it basically comes down to relations and some RNG. There's a base AI chance that an option will be picked depending on the vote at hand, and that chance is further modified by relations, which are affected by previous votes. So in this current vote, for example, Hannover doesn't have much personal clout in the Levant, so their base AI chance is set equally between Options A, B, C and D (25-25-25-25). That said, they have bad relations with Russia and Egypt (both voted against their favoured proposal in vote 2), so their likelihood of picking Option C is significantly smaller. Same goes for all the other options.

Mmmmmm. The fact that France wouldn't have any intrinsic gratitude for our vote in favor of their interests could hurt us. Assuming that there are only two options for the vote on Iberia, I imagine that the outcome would look like this:

Morocco's guaranteed vote against us will hopefully be balanced by Russia's vote.
Hanover's likely vote against us will be hopefully be balanced by Hungary and Bavaria's vote.
Armenia's likely vote against us will be hopefully be balanced by Egypt's vote.

Even with the relations boost, I'm not sure that France wants to create a strong southern neighbor (especially a Muslim one with a history of conflict against Catholics). If they vote against us, then Hanover and Morocco will once again break the tie.

Of course, if there are other options for everyone to split their votes on, then I have no idea what might happen.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

C, gently caress Morocco.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Voting C

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

C

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

C Almoravids, Vakhtani, loving, etc.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
I can imagine our delegates ending every speech with "and furthermore, Morocco can suck it."

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Danny Glands posted:

I can imagine our delegates ending every speech with "and furthermore, Morocco can suck it."

"yjb tadmir maraksh!!" is the new "Carthago Delenda Est!"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Snipee posted:

Even with the relations boost, I'm not sure that France wants to create a strong southern neighbor (especially a Muslim one with a history of conflict against Catholics). If they vote against us, then Hanover and Morocco will once again break the tie.

Alernatively, they've seen what happens when a free Catalonia doesn't have the rest of Andalusia to drag it down.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I didn't spend the entire Tirruni Wars fighting Moroccans just to play into their hands. C

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Flavius Belisarius posted:

D

This is only relevant to "gently caress Morocco" in the most indirect sense. I don't want to strengthen a Moroccan ally or the Egyptian infidels *spits*. Give each region self-rule.

"Infidels?" This is the 19th century friend, what are you on about?

Also C gently caress Morocco

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
gently caress Morocco, be amiable to Russia
C

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
All aboard the gently caress Morocco train! Next stop: C

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Rodyle posted:

:bahgawd:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Rodyle posted:

Guards! We have a Tirrunist Atheist here!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

C

Lol gently caress Morocco

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

mossyfisk posted:

C gently caress Morocco, etc

D is a trap, that's the exact same solution Morocco is going to propose for our disputed territories.

This, exactly. Plus, we don't have a real good option for maintaining good relations with Armenia and Egypt both, they're at +40 each right now and other than abstention we can't make it more likely that they'll back us when the Andalusian question arises at the end of the conference. Since abstaining isn't going to happen, we have to go with the choice that makes it most likely we can get a vote from at least one of the two. D is better policy, C is better politics. And politics matter more if we want to restore Catalunya to its rightful place in the fold. Also, gently caress Morocco.

C.

As an aside, I hope we get a chance to make Hannover happy somehow before the vote on Tirruni's Iberian holdings, we could really get bitten in the rear end since adding just one to Hannover, Morocco, and Armenia would lose us the vote on a tiebreaker.

IIRC, these are our current relations with our fellow Congressional members-
Russia: +150 (probably up to +200 with option C)
Frangleterre: +140
Bavaria: +140
Hungary: +140
Egypt: +40 (+140 if we side with them, probably, -10 to -60 if we create buffer states)
Armenia: +40 (same as Egypt)
Hannover: -60
Morocco: -200

eta: So, that'd be 7 likely votes for us, one vote probably against us, one vote likely against us, and Morocco definitely against us when it comes to the Adalusian Question,

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 8, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I'd like to put forth a motion to make Frangleterre the official name of France-England, by the way.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Crazycryodude posted:

I'd like to put forth a motion to make Frangleterre the official name of France-England, by the way.

I've genuinely been trying to think up a good name for France-England once they get English as an accepted culture in vicky, and haven't gotten much further than 'Dual Monarchy' or something to do with unions. So who knows?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

I've genuinely been trying to think up a good name for France-England once they get English as an accepted culture in vicky, and haven't gotten much further than 'Dual Monarchy' or something to do with unions. So who knows?

Who’s their ruling dynasty? You could name it after them.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Who’s their ruling dynasty? You could name it after them.

The 'Roman' dynasty, who also rule over Scandinavia-Novgorod.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

Seconded.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Hashim posted:

The 'Roman' dynasty, who also rule over Scandinavia-Novgorod.

Goldarnit, the Romans conquered Gaul again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Angevania