Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Matt LeBlanc is leaving Top Gear after this upcoming series. He cited that the show is putting a strain on spending time with his family due to all the travel and time away from home. Can’t fault the guy for having his priorities straight.

A shame but a good reason. Although I have to admit I haven't really kept up with it since he started hosting. His driving portions were good in the ones I saw, though, and he seemed to genuinely enjoy the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

A shame but a good reason. Although I have to admit I haven't really kept up with it since he started hosting. His driving portions were good in the ones I saw, though, and he seemed to genuinely enjoy the job.

Past season was great. I couldn’t give a gently caress less about the grand tour. Those three have lost their magic.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

psydude posted:

Every real Republican has abandoned the party over the last 18 months. All of my Republican friends from college have disavowed their party and either vote Democrat or Independent. A few older Republicans that I know were delusional and believed that Trump was good for business until he executed his tariffs that hurt their businesses personally; now they just mutter about Obama's EPA while weeping silently.

What few rational Trump voters existed have since soured on him. The only people left supporting Trump are the irredeemable dregs of American society who label any Republican who doesn't vote lockstep with their president a RINO and somehow thinks privatizing the VA is a good idea. I grew up in Trump's America; half of my extended family voted for him. They're the all the loving worst.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

Trump has an 87% approval rating among republicans. Almost 9/10 Republicans think everything is fine. Trump represents the party. Hell, Trumps America is just America outside of major cities and colleges.

-edit reread your post : Rate of party affiliation hasnt changed all that much since 2016 either

http://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Sacrist65 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 8, 2018

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Whataburgers great, fight me on some neutral ground.

I like how they make their burgers with mustard and onion.

In N Out is good, but over hyped.

5 Guys is good but over priced.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Soulex posted:

Yeah I'd agree with that.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Even a bad burger is better than no burger, why can't we all just get along.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
microwaved gas station hamburger ft epic w

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Soulex posted:

In N Out has poo poo fries tho

Their burgers are admittedly fantastic but McDicks still has the "best fries" crown

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nephzinho posted:

Even a bad burger is better than no burger, why can't we all just get along.

I'd settle for that, sure.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

psydude posted:

Every real Republican has abandoned the party over the last 18 months. All of my Republican friends from college have disavowed their party and either vote Democrat or Independent. A few older Republicans that I know were delusional and believed that Trump was good for business until he executed his tariffs that hurt their businesses personally; now they just mutter about Obama's EPA while weeping silently.

What few rational Trump voters existed have since soured on him. The only people left supporting Trump are the irredeemable dregs of American society who label any Republican who doesn't vote lockstep with their president a RINO and somehow thinks privatizing the VA is a good idea. I grew up in Trump's America; half of my extended family voted for him. They're the all the loving worst.

This is what all my republican friends said too in Oct 2016 then it turned out 90% of republicans voted for Trump and my friends are apparently mostly liars.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

Please source your quote from October 2016.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Smart set republicans know they need to blend in to liberal culture to survive socially and professionally so pretending to not like Trump is mandatory. Once you get out into the burbs the small business owner set and retired fed workers feel free to let their blue lives matter flag fly high.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Trump is proposing a $0.25 gas tax hike.

Eat the rich:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...e&noredirect=on

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

psydude posted:

Every real Republican has abandoned the party over the last 18 months. All of my Republican friends from college have disavowed their party and either vote Democrat or Independent.

I mean they can say that, but unless you watched them pull the leaver blue, they're probably what ever the gently caress a reverse-rino is. "Libertarians" or "Classical Liberals" or "Fiscal conservative/Social liberal". I'm not saying that those prior classifications don't exist, what I am saying is that it's become real real unpopular to call yourself a republican outside of being a politician, and I bet dollars to donuts that the majority of people who've become "disenchanted" with Trump as prior republicans still would rather pull the lever for an R candidate than a D candidate.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

CommieGIR posted:

Trump is proposing a $0.25 gas tax hike.

Eat the rich:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...e&noredirect=on

Looking forward to this happening and then hearing Republican dipshits saying they have no regrets voting for him.

Man, gently caress these people.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Oh Canada!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

The Iron Rose posted:

In N Out has poo poo fries tho

Their burgers are admittedly fantastic but McDicks still has the "best fries" crown

Get the gently caress out

In N out fries own. You can watch them cut the potatoes right in front of you. Fresh AF

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

mlmp08 posted:

Oh Canada!

Queue half of Canada suddenly becoming wildly passive aggressive.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Remember that time Obama "forgot" to salute some corporal while stepping out of Marine One? :lol:

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Remember that time Obama "forgot" to salute some corporal while stepping out of Marine One? :lol:

He also saluted a marine(I think?) while holding his coffee and that was a week-long scandal on Fox News.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Watching the phony outrage machine do a 180 was funny at first but now its just kinda tiring.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Was he supposed to salute the Mountie? Cause I never saluted cops.

But then I’m merchant marine, we salute with just one finger.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Solaris 2.0 posted:

He also saluted a marine(I think?) while holding his coffee and that was a week-long scandal on Fox News.

As usual Bush was worse!

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 8, 2018

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

As usual Bush was worse!

Yeah, but, look at that dog...

Edit: Wasn't there also some phony outrage when Obama got a dog? Like people were mad a guy with two daughters got a Portugese Water Dog. One of the best family dogs.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 8, 2018

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

hobbesmaster posted:

As usual Bush was worse!

As usual, no one gave a poo poo then. I wonder why :thunk:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

"I'm a common sense / practical conservative and I can't stand Donald Trump, his policies or his personality. Excuse me while I vote straight ticket for everyone who will rubberstamp everything I just mentioned."

Edit: Obama saluting in a taupe suit would probably have gotten an impeachment motion.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Trump said he might pardon Muhammad Ali.

Who doesn’t need a pardon because his conviction was overturned by the Supreme Court.

47 years ago

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Steezo posted:

Yeah, but, look at that dog...

Edit: Wasn't there also some phony outrage when Obama got a dog? Like people were mad a guy with two daughters got a Portugese Water Dog. One of the best family dogs.

Chris Rock made fun of him because his dog choice wasn't 'black' enough

But then I tried to find actual outrage over it and "lol:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dog-daze-2/

quote:

Did you know that President Barack Hussein Obama flew Bo, their dog, in on a separate smaller jet to Massachusetts for their vacation? I wonder if that sets well with all the unemployed, hurting, U S citizens who can’t afford food, but we can pay for this. The above is true.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

FrozenVent posted:

Was he supposed to salute the Mountie? Cause I never saluted cops.

But then I’m merchant marine, we salute with just one finger.

The Mounties did salute him, but he saluted so early that it was as if they were returning rather than rendering the salute.

It’s not important except in light of how loving bent out of shape dumbasses got whenever Obama’s saluting etiquette wasn’t perfect.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

McNally posted:

Trump said he might pardon Muhammad Ali.

Who doesn’t need a pardon because his conviction was overturned by the Supreme Court.

47 years ago

And even if it wasn't, Carter issued a blanket pardon for draft dodgers in '77.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1005062233171419137

Boy these news items look great right next to each other. Real glad we're being kept safe from the dreaded spectre of economic equality while a foreign power is giving our president a dental exam from behind.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Reading that LTC's email about the guy, all I can think about is that Twain quote, "“Don't use a five-dollar word when a fifty-cent word will do.” Jesus.

Also, don't we find out if Manafort is going to jail today?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Steezo posted:

Yeah they wanted him to get a dog out of a shelter versus a "designer" dog, but the Obama kids had bad allergies and went with a Portuguese Water Dog for that reason.

Fun times when people would find the tiniest, dumbest poo poo to get mad about.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

In 2009 Michelle wore shorts to the Grand Canyon and the usual suspects all flipped out.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

The Mounties did salute him, but he saluted so early that it was as if they were returning rather than rendering the salute.

It’s not important except in light of how loving bent out of shape dumbasses got whenever Obama’s saluting etiquette wasn’t perfect.

If I become president, I'm gonna walk past the Marine sentries and say "Don't salute me, I work for a living"

Cue Fox News making GBS threads themselves for the next month

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Boy I can't wait to watch my favorite show Roseanne tonight

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

On that note, does Trump have a dog?

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Steezo posted:

On that note, does Trump have a dog?

Petless for his entire public life. He's pretty much an exception in this.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

he can't have a pet because animals sense evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

It's always funny when people complain about a lack of a salute from a civilian not wearing a uniform.

• Locked thread