Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Shear Modulus posted:

you had better add League of Men to your n+1 highlights list motherfucker

that really is a phenomenal essay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1005047825586114560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
being president requires --

1) hiring competent ppl with good views
2) showing good judgment in foreign policy
3) managing media narratives

i think i know the person who is the Most Qualified in History to do this

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/brhodes/status/1005059483326910464

really ben its been like, half an hour dawg

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Concerned Citizen posted:

or it just won't even be brought up for a vote by mcconnell

mitch mcconnell, welcome to the resistance

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

wow lol it's gonna get filibustered who cares

yeah if anything Schumer is most famous for whipping the Democrats in line for voting against bad things

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there's a really good point near the end about trump taking up the entire news cycle

it doesn't matter which dnc-approved shitdem gets the nomination because none of them are going to be able to get their name out there

Yeah, I'm worried

At the end of the day, no press is bad press. Bush was the obsession of both parties in 2004 and he won. Love him or hate him, he was more interesting than Kerry.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

there's a really good point near the end about trump taking up the entire news cycle

it doesn't matter which dnc-approved shitdem gets the nomination because none of them are going to be able to get their name out there

the reason they're not able to get their name out there is because they're extremely boring

they can whine all they want about Trump getting more media coverage, but the reason they're being shut out so completely is because they're not willing to be provocative or interesting or controversial at all, they just stick to the boringest possible focus-grouped nothings. decorum doesn't grab headlines

if the Dems were willing to shake up the status quo or go outside the range of safe media-approved stances, they could easily take the front page. not necessarily with friendly coverage, but negative coverage seems to have worked out fine for TRUMP

nah
Mar 16, 2009

this guy rules

https://twitter.com/Bill_Cimbrelo/status/1004610330155155458

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
welp there's no stopping the CHIP repeal if republicans really want to do it then. i do kinda doubt mitch is going to let the repeal stay in given how much republicans whined about how badly we needed CHIP

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
love too resist by depending solely on the actions of the party i'me resestiung

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

welp there's no stopping the CHIP repeal if republicans really want to do it then. i do kinda doubt mitch is going to let the repeal stay in given how much republicans whined about how badly we needed CHIP

cc i can see being dumb enough to take myrtle the turtle in good faith, but you? lmaoooo

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
until you witness real, dramatic change in people, past performance is pretty handy as an indicator of future results.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

anyone still waiting on news from the mueller investigation regarding Russia! and not just run-of-the-mill corruption lives in a mind palace constructed using parts from most mundane media humanity has produced

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the CHIP defunding is absolutely going to go through

the media has largely ignored it, and the few stories that mention it treat it as an unimportant vaguely-worded bullet point with no particular emphasis. the leader of the Senate opposition, Chuck "Useless gently caress" Schumer hasn't even mentioned it. it has zero visibility, our establishment overlords aren't pushing it as an issue, and it's not taking off on its own. McConnell has no reason not to do it

in fact, right now, with children's healthcare due to be slashed and everyone else's healthcare also on the chopping block, Chuck the gently caress is busy slamming the Republicans on RUSSIA

https://mobile.twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1005097345607000064

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why would the media report on it when they can just report on whatever crazy poo poo Trump just said and/or Russia

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Chuck Schumer loving sucks so much god drat

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1005093590224310272?s=21

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
sucky Chucky

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

imagine if every country the US fixed the elections of, orchestrated a coup or funded a devastating civil war in had reacted in the manner of #resistance dorks

except the outrage of those foreign nationals would be justified, like iran's

we get the smallest taste of our own medicine and centrist retards lose their goddamn minds

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
calling the Shah 'drumpf'

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Percelus posted:

imagine if every country the US fixed the elections of, orchestrated a coup or funded a devastating civil war in had reacted in the manner of #resistance dorks

we get the smallest taste of our own medicine and centrist retards lose their goddamn minds

it's still bad and insisting it didn't happen at all is stupid

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Except that McConnell clearly subsists on the blood of dead infants and ending CHIP will ensure that he has an endless food supply. Something the Democrats should really have considered.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

America's ruling class just doesn't give a poo poo about child healthcare. If they knew they could make half of American infants grow up retarded by taking away WIC they would.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

SKULL.GIF posted:

who is insisting it didn't happen? it just was bush league poo poo compared to the cia

russians sent phishing emails and attempted to hack some places and 13 nationals spent less than half a million dollars on facebook ads?

this is such a loving molehill get over it

oh i guess they offered donny jr some opposition research but that isn't even against the loving law

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think I'm more coming around to the idea that Trump is definitely compromised, but also that the Mueller investigation isn't going to be the saving grace that lots of libs think it'll be, and that that's an injustice regardless.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Percelus posted:

who is insisting it didn't happen? it just was bush league poo poo compared to the cia

russians sent phishing emails and attempted to hack some places and 13 nationals spent less than half a million dollars on facebook ads?

this is such a loving molehill get over it

oh i guess they offered donny jr some opposition research but that isn't even against the loving law

Russian flash games about wicked Shillary are based on the model of flash games circa 2004 that won the election for Kerry.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think I'm more coming around to the idea that Trump is definitely compromised, but also that the Mueller investigation isn't going to be the saving grace that lots of libs think it'll be, and that that's an injustice regardless.

trump is compromised for a ton of reasons but if the russians had the guys balls don't you think tillerson would have gotten rid of the sanctions

they just wanted a bull in the china shop

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Percelus posted:

Nothing would've happened. The resistance dorks aren't organizing the kind of opposition you'd think would happen with the idea that a foreign government had literally taken over the election, they're not protesting the government as illegitimate, there's no broad dramatic actions, just rhetoric, and there's certainly no loving violence; which if you really think the republic has been compromised by traitors to america, you'd think would happen. Instead they complain on twitter and say "sir" a lot.
I don't blame them, violently opposing the american government is a real easy way to get killed dead and your cause demonized by a complacent and useless media. But we've seen mass protests and mobilization when the US pulls half the poo poo these people think happened, and yet... what's the resistance saying should be done? Wait for an investigation, and keep the government working as usual, hopefully all the bad guys will go to prison.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
anyone who cares about the RUSISSSSIIAIAIA memes is a rube

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the really sad part is Russia! is only pushing the center farther to the right, sucking up all the energy in the room and going to end with a wet fart like all these investigations

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the mueller investigation is going to come to be shocking conclusion that absolutely no one could ever imagine since it's so outside of the realm of reality

a bunch of real estate dorks did a bunch of real estate deals

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's bad, yes.

but so are a lot of other things about Trump, most of which have more actual impact on the lives of people who aren't Russian billionaires

nobody is going to stand there and say "okay, it's just fine that the president is mass-deporting immigrants and slashing every kind of healthcare and literally taking ideas on who to pardon from Fox and Friends guests. but he's also supported by Russia? that's the last straw!"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Grondoth posted:

Nothing would've happened. The resistance dorks aren't organizing the kind of opposition you'd think would happen with the idea that a foreign government had literally taken over the election, they're not protesting the government as illegitimate, there's no broad dramatic actions, just rhetoric, and there's certainly no loving violence; which if you really think the republic has been compromised by traitors to america, you'd think would happen. Instead they complain on twitter and say "sir" a lot.
I don't blame them, violently opposing the american government is a real easy way to get killed dead and your cause demonized by a complacent and useless media. But we've seen mass protests and mobilization when the US pulls half the poo poo these people think happened, and yet... what's the resistance saying should be done? Wait for an investigation, and keep the government working as usual, hopefully all the bad guys will go to prison.

The #resistance thinks peace in Korea is bad because it's going to happen while Trump is president. We'd be absolutely better off if they all died of dysentery due to a septic ocean liner disaster.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i dont care who did the dnc hacks, i care about what the hacks revealed. the russia hysteria exists to shift the focus away from the lovely failure that is the democratic party

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
"Russian collusion" is dumb, the real prize Mueller is gonna uncover is the billions of dollars in financial crimes Donny & friends have been committing for decades that democrats will hem and haw about it, and republicans won't give a poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Main Paineframe posted:

it's bad, yes.

but so are a lot of other things about Trump, most of which have more actual impact on the lives of people who aren't Russian billionaires

nobody is going to stand there and say "okay, it's just fine that the president is mass-deporting immigrants and slashing every kind of healthcare and literally taking ideas on who to pardon from Fox and Friends guests. but he's also supported by Russia? that's the last straw!"

I will take whatever I can get to nail this son of a bitch against the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

I mean what can you do when the entire GOP is criminal scum and the dems don't have the balls to shut everything down

• Locked thread