Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
End game Crusader builds are more reliant on legendaries to work in addition to the sets, and are usually only good at single target damage instead of garbage clearing. If you're used to flying around mashing a skill or two a la monk/wiz/dh then it is very slow and unfun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Thorns Crusader lets you ride a horse from elite to elite. You don't kill a lot of trash but your overall clear/farming speed is still decent.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
D3 is a garbage game that some game design geniuses salvaged from the dumpster and made fun despite the underlying gameplay mechanics permanently sucking.

I guess I'm saying, D3 is good now and has been for quite some time. If you like fun and over-engineered-but-human-timescale progression, d3 has those.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 7, 2018

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I like the Witch Doctor and I want to have a Fetish Army jabbering and stabbing everything

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Reposting the wheel of destiny for those who can't pick a class:

Wheel of destiny!!!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Reposting the wheel of destiny for those who can't pick a class:

Wheel of destiny!!!

The Conch Wheel has spoken! Monk it is!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

The Conch Wheel has spoken! Monk it is!

Well, rolled necro first but don't got cash for that, and second roll got me Monk (M). Guess it's time to see how Inna's works for that early farming.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Inna's is good and comes with a weapon. Start with the inna's pet build and grow into Inna's EP for an early solo GR70 to unlock primals

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I think I'm gonna go with Wizard because leveling is chill and easy and then if I'm understanding the set right it's just more of that with slightly different spells.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

John Murdoch posted:

I think I'm gonna go with Wizard because leveling is chill and easy and then if I'm understanding the set right it's just more of that with slightly different spells.

This is wise

Wizard leveling build has got to be the most fun, and DMO is a very good set

Y'all going HC or SC this season?

mewse
May 2, 2006

I tried DMO when I mained wiz last season and was very unimpressed. The only set I ended up liking was tal rasha.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Tal Rasha is VERY strong plus easy to use and great for farming. But yeah all the other sets kinda suck. Firebird is like one of the worst designed sets in the game.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I am doing a tal rasha + etched sigil build because clicking more than one button is for jabronies.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I like the Witch Doctor and I want to have a Fetish Army jabbering and stabbing everything

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/RightAorta-1272/hero/92693587

Pet doctor is the best lazy build. Toss out a few Haunts now and again and watch poo poo melt. My current setup is for grinding Death's Breaths, and it does that quite well in T10. I haven't tried higher yet. Wanna try to upgrade some equipment first.

And it just so happens that Zuni is the featured set this season. :cool:

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010

Swilo posted:

End game Crusader builds are more reliant on legendaries to work in addition to the sets, and are usually only good at single target damage instead of garbage clearing. If you're used to flying around mashing a skill or two a la monk/wiz/dh then it is very slow and unfun.

Not all the builds are like that. I played the Akkhan Condemn build last season, and the speed variant with Avarice/Boon of the Hoarder/Goldwrap is just ridiculous. 2-3min T13 clears where you just keep your left mouse button down, mashing the condemn key to perma-explode and all other keys are just skills making you run even faster. Enemies get pulled on top of you and explode into huge piles of gold, I still break out in a grin when I get started playing that build.

Think I'll go with a wizard this season, haven't played one in the past.. 6 seasons I think. And never a FO build, and I loved that skill in D2.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

mewse posted:

Inna's is good and comes with a weapon. Start with the inna's pet build and grow into Inna's EP for an early solo GR70 to unlock primals

The Wheel told me Monk, so I think I'll let a lovely web script influence me here. I was intending to go with WD, but I've done Zuni before. A couple good reasons I figure a monk isn't a bad idea is because I have generally dispreferred the class since the game start, and because it sounds like the trip from 'hitting 70' to 'gently caress, finally got GR70 behind me' isn't all that long.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Bell monk fuckin owns and is pretty fun to play.

The wheel gave me barb and I was planning on maining one anyways. Is ww still good? I like leapquake but I wanna try something new.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Free set is charge barb which is strong. WW is also strong. Mixing Charge and IK is also strong. Leap Quake is also strong. All Barb is strong.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just started this game last season, and I played a Bell Monk and loved it. The wheel told me Barb this season. From the previous posts it sounds cool and good? I enjoyed the one CR where I did nothing but hit stuff with a giant hammer, so I think it will work out.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Raekors is a ton of fun imo. Pingponging through groups of monsters while they explode. Other sets are also good. Barb good.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Raekors is pretty dope so I'll probably roll with that.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Plus you get to play as Adele

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Going female Crusader this season. :cool:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

big cummers ONLY posted:

Plus you get to play as Adele

...if Adele sang about breaking up demons' bodies, instead of insipid relationships.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mewse posted:

Something like this?

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Trying to decide between WD and Wiz for this season. Which has more bang for a mediocre Diablo player's buck?

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

GoingPostal posted:

Trying to decide between WD and Wiz for this season. Which has more bang for a mediocre Diablo player's buck?

The easiest classes if you aren't going to go into super high endgame grift nonsense are Monk, Wizard and Demon Hunter. Witch Doctor is one of the toughest to play, but on the bright side the builds are extremely varied and all are pretty viable, you've got a set to do just about anything well. Necro and Crusader are a little slower to get off the ground but are the best for Solo and groups respectively.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Something like this?

Yeah that's the EP build, really easy to solo GR70 with that build, just a little fiddly timing your convention of elements to detonate your EPs during cold phase.

That build needs very specific pieces (fist of az and gungdo gear) so when you're fresh 70 just run around with anything that buffs your mystic allies.

Can gamble blood shards on a level 1 monk for boots, I think you either get crudest boots or the LTK boots so it's 50/50.

I like these builds waaayyy more than inna's generator, I hate shenlong fist builds

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I really like shenlong builds and I particularly liked Wolfcryer's Burning Monk variant, but it didn't get buffed at all at the power creep reset so it isn't really viable at all. :(

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Is this https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-dmo-energy-twister-build-patch-2-6-1-season-13 an up-to-date build for Energy Twister on console?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I suspect anything labelled "Season 13" will be.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

You know what's really dumb? Unless you're barb, sader, or monk, you won't smart loot drop bovine bardiche. :sad:

So I think I'll use that justification to pick one of those for next season.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Reminder: Avarice is stupid easy in the Cow Level with just the gold trio. You don't need to run around and spawn everything like Ruins either.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Man, I may come back and do a condemn build if it's viable again.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
What's the difference between raekor and raekor plus ik ?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

LordAdakos posted:

What's the difference between raekor and raekor plus ik ?

Here is 6/4 Raekor/IK and 4/6 Raekor/IK variants for you to check out.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Joined the last two seasons late and played Tal Rasha meteor wiz, planning on playing S14 from the outset and trying to push into the higher end GRs. Assuming Necro or Monk is the best bet for this?

Just spun the wheel and got Wiz, again. Welp, guess I just have to end up as the best meteor wiz in NA then. :getin:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's a good GR to aim to get to for a new player? I just started playing late last season and got my bell monk to GR91 before burning out.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RCarr posted:

What's a good GR to aim to get to for a new player? I just started playing late last season and got my bell monk to GR91 before burning out.

70 for primals, 90 (imho) for "yay I did it quit now before you die of min max autism"

roll a different character or park the game until next season

e: I generally park a character or the game when I get one to the point that there isn't much to do aside from farm for augments. that poo poo is way too grindy for me and you can clear a 90 before needing a single augment.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are the people that reach GR100+ just lunatics who spend hundreds of hours playing?