Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ooh, paul harvey’s on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

i dont want to kill people through cars that drive based on gta screenshots

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

Hi Jasper,

Hope this email finds you well. I’m Faye, a sourcing recruiter from Baidu Autonomous Driving team. I found your profile on LinkedIn. It looks like you are doing some amazing work at ############. I bet everything is going well for you; however, I do want to introduce our opportunity to you.

With the release of our Apollo v2.5(and soon v3.0), we are growing rapidly and focusing more on building an advanced autonomous driving simulation system. We are currently looking for a seasoned 3D tools guru to join as one of the founding members in the team.

He or she will use a game-engine based technology and create tools to efficiently author a virtual world with interesting road networks that can faithfully and reliably reproduce real-world driving behaviors in a wide range of situations and scenarios and closely collaborate with stakeholders like world builders and engineers in other autonomous driving teams. The position is located in the Bay Area (Sunnyvale, CA). Here is the job description for your reference

im the guy whose professional title is "world builder" on the self-driving car team

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
jasper is the name of one of the gems in steven universe, a show aimed at the millenial market

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
do your part, get your figgies, help soak up Chinese megacorp (sovereign wealth fund?) monies

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

That sounds like a BAD job

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sagebrush posted:

.|.| sleep country canada!
why buy a mattress
anywhere else? .| .|

god dammit aaasjfjksks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Beast of Bourbon posted:

jasper is the name of one of the gems in steven universe, a show aimed at the millenial market

as a millenial i cam confirm this is true

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush posted:

| || sleep country canada!
why buy a mattress
anywhere else? || |_

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
couple pages ago but some scout masters are really really mad they have to let girls in. no good articulable reason why its a bad thing except :lol: all the girls gonna get preggers.

but when i think of the guys i was in scouts with, i don’t think there was any risk of that at all.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Mr. Nice! posted:

couple pages ago but some scout masters are really really mad they have to let girls in.

good. i like it when shitheads dont get their way.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

couple pages ago but some scout masters are really really mad they have to let girls in. no good articulable reason why its a bad thing except :lol: all the girls gonna get preggers.

but when i think of the guys i was in scouts with, i don’t think there was any risk of that at all.

who says it’s gonna be the boys knocking them up.

I mean they are even warning you they are gonna do it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

wow.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I wish I could put my tiny hu-mon in Scouts, I had a decent time in it and he's an outdoorsy kid (I was not) so he'd probably like it.

But BSA chose to let Trump get all Nurembergy on them at the jamboree. So, welp,

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

I wish I could put my tiny hu-mon in Scouts, I had a decent time in it and he's an outdoorsy kid (I was not) so he'd probably like it.

But BSA chose to let Trump get all Nurembergy on them at the jamboree. So, welp,

that's kind of how i feel too. maybe girl scouts will open up to boys someday. it sounds like a better org than bsa.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

i thought the sitting president was always invited to that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWNyp_-2D78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXZt8NH1XVo

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

that's kind of how i feel too. maybe girl scouts will open up to boys someday. it sounds like a better org than bsa.

Plus: thin mints.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Yeah, but since FDR the speeches had gone more-or-less: "Blah blah blah, Boy Scouts are an important institution in American society and an important part of our shared culture, blah blah blah" and Trump's ...didn't go quite like that.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah, but since FDR the speeches had gone more-or-less: "Blah blah blah, Boy Scouts are an important institution in American society and an important part of our shared culture, blah blah blah" and Trump's ...didn't go quite like that.

exactly

they’re explicitly nonpartisan and while trump shat all over that (while he got booed lol) instead of giving an inspirational, civic-minded speech, he also mocked obama and worked in a story about an orgy on a yacht

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

but surely thats something to hold against trump not bsa

theres plenty of things to not like the bsa for, but that seems like an odd one

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

exactly

they’re explicitly nonpartisan and while trump shat all over that (while he got booed lol) instead of giving an inspirational, civic-minded speech, he also mocked obama and worked in a story about an orgy on a yacht

By not revoking the invitation BSA perpetuated the delusion that Trump is somehow "normal" or "acceptable". They became a prop for the Trumpite drama.

And it's not like they weren't already on pretty loving thin ice, TBH.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the bsa guy remained up on stage with him which is a nono, and instead of stoping the clearly inappropriate speech appeared to endorse it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

marketing demography is oracular divination done by hucksters wearing neckties and should be regarded as such

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Intel: hey you know how we showed you a 5 GHz 28 core processor? We kind of forgot to mention that we overclocked it and needed a kilowatt of cooling for that to work

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozcEel1rNKM

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the bsa guy remained up on stage with him which is a nono, and instead of stoping the clearly inappropriate speech appeared to endorse it

I get freezing up and not wanting to do anything during the speech especially since you're wondering how the SS will react but if they invite him back then it's clearly a leadership problem

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

...make more cores?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Many automatic emergency braking systems won’t stop for stationary objects at freeway speeds

Many automatic emergency braking systems won’t stop for stationary objects at freeway speeds

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
autonomous vehicles are only five years away! i scream as my tesla accelerates into a parked ambulance

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

infernal machines posted:

autonomous vehicles are only five years away! i scream as my tesla accelerates into a parked ambulance

well they're definitely coming fast and can't be stopped

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

ate all the Oreos posted:

You can't stand in the way of progress

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

an interesting way to sign your posts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:tipshat:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
look who i hooked

https://twitter.com/BenedictEvans/status/1004803191928774658

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

good poo poo.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i assume that's you in the profile picture

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i assume that's you in the profile picture

no my pic's in my profile here

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:cheers:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
i sent someone this image to illustrate how self driving cars won't solve a goddamned thing in regards to traffic

their response was that self driving cars would be able to drive closer to each other and that would alleviate traffic

i was like 'those cars are already literally bumper to bumper"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Do you actually think that the head of the Boy Scouts of America can go up in front and wave his arms and be like "all right mr. president, that's it, we're done here"

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh you reminded me of one other thing I learned in the scouts: the word "human being." One of the other boys called everybody faggots and fags all the time and I had no idea what it meant (age 11). I assumed it was just some generic insult like "dumbass." So once on a camping trip I called him a fag and he hit the loving roof and demanded to know why I had called him that and tried to choke me to death.

I wonder if there was something more complicated going on there