Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Paging the Badcast Bigbois.

https://www.facebook.com/425388174332189/posts/778054512398885/

Add Fallout Hobbies to the lovely hams list.

The throw away line of "there are bigger things happening" is such a loving weak excuse. Yes, there are. But liking and promoting toxic attitudes in the hobby is also bad. Both things can exist at the same time, it's not one or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

The throw away line of "there are bigger things happening" is such a loving weak excuse. Yes, there are. But liking and promoting toxic attitudes in the hobby is also bad. Both things can exist at the same time, it's not one or the other.

False equivalence is used and abused as a "get out of jail free" for awful and toxic views these days. I want to point to the abysmal Laissez-faire decision Valve made this week as an illustration to this point. If an individual or a person in any way that isn't rejection or denunciation touches this poo poo, its condoning and supporting it.

Variance Hammer absolutely did the right thing, and so did JBP with the Nazi orks, and this thread in dragging segstudio. I really hope that GW is going to keep up the push for inclusiveness in their IP, as it's great for the player base and the hobby, I also hope the fans keep doing their part.
This sort of hobby is always going to have the toxic element, but thankfully they're being shut out to their own corner.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
The dude with the nazi orks with a wife an kids made me wonder how hes gonna explain nazis are bad (if he does) to his kids when he willingly an knowingly did that. Yeah hes repainting them but it took going to Mordor an back to get it to happen.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

The Sex Cannon posted:

It seems like the guy who runs Fallout, Ron Gamble, realized his Very Stupid Choices would be bad for business and backpedalled. He invoked the "but I got kids" clause, called criticism harassment, and then realized that he could end up losing business so he apologized and deleted all of his bad posts.

Maybe he learned something.

We're recording the badcast today, and Campbell and I are gonna get into this poo poo.

This is going to make a lot of toxic nerds very unhappy.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

Chiwie posted:

Good.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Chiwie posted:

If our podcast makes anyone unhappy I will immediately issue a full refund.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Got a sneaky peak at the Knight Codex and:

:syoon:

Really hoping that new Knight box has her likeness as a head option for the pilot mini.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

For_Great_Justice posted:

The dude with the nazi orks with a wife an kids made me wonder how hes gonna explain nazis are bad (if he does) to his kids when he willingly an knowingly did that. Yeah hes repainting them but it took going to Mordor an back to get it to happen.

Unfortunately, and this comes from knowing a few dudes like this- he probably won't. He'll repaint his orks, but none of this will extend beyond what he posts to social media.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

The Sex Cannon posted:

I think guardsmen with lascannons is a waste of points, but I can see myself getting proven wrong. I usually go plasmas or flamers on mine. I also wouldn't bother with the pistol on the priest, but w/e.

I can never get assassins to actually do anything for me, but maybe you can.

Lascannons are fine, the good options for IG squads are plasma, lascannons and heavy mortars. The other options aren't terrible but these are the best ones.

With assassins, the optimal loadout imo is 1x Culexus, 2x Eversor. Culexus don't really scale well with multiples since their effect doesn't stack and they don't kill that much, but they're reasonably efficient and they can face tank quite a bit. Eversors are straight up point efficient at running into a melee and murdering things.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Really hoping that new Knight box has her likeness as a head option for the pilot mini.

Goddamn that rules

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SteelMentor posted:

Needs more boobplate.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

The Sex Cannon posted:

If our podcast makes anyone unhappy I will immediately issue a full refund.

Please say that in the podcast so some dumb nazi tries to get his 0.00USDs back.

SteelMentor posted:

loving badass.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Holy poo poo, me too. I was already leaning toward House Griffith, but now i'm sold.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Needs more boobplate.

Surely, Shapeways will fill this void.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moths posted:

Surely, Shapeways will fill this void cleavage.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

SteelMentor posted:

Yeah I saw this earlier, it's really cool.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

One of my large adult sons that desperately need a knight or two to have their backs

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

SteelMentor posted:

Nice.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

For_Great_Justice posted:

Someone said he's an accountant. Professional licensing bodies have professionalism standards. Associating yourself with well known hate symbols is not a sensible approach. And that guy appears to be posting under his real name.

His talk with the wife and kids might have to include a discussion about why daddy is being called to a professional standards hearing over how he chose to paint his overpriced toys.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Maneck posted:

Someone said he's an accountant. Professional licensing bodies have professionalism standards. Associating yourself with well known hate symbols is not a sensible approach. And that guy appears to be posting under his real name.

His talk with the wife and kids might have to include a discussion about why daddy is being called to a professional standards hearing over how he chose to paint his overpriced toys.

The good news is he can fire up a Patreon account and just suck the teat of thousands of idiot alt-righters who want to throw money at him for defending free speech. It seems to have worked for Jordan Peterson. Then he just has to tell his kids that daddy is a freedom fighter against the Jewish Feminist agenda.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

SteelMentor posted:

I'm glad that this has changed. The original Knight codex had all male pilots, with the female population running the politics of Knight Worlds. It was super dumb.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I’d really like to see more models for the Knight pilots. She could be a pretty badass miniature.

Edit: Isn’t it amazing how easy a little bit of inclusivity can be? GW obviously needs to do more than just this but it’s a good start.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Can't wait for the CHUDs to start whining, they went berzerk when DoW3 had that lady Pilot ruling an entire household.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

Can't wait for the CHUDs to start whining, they went berzerk when DoW3 had that lady Pilot ruling an entire household.

Yeah not only does that pilot and quote rule, but we’re in for a whole lot of lols.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I am a little concerned that Skrillex cuts are the fetish of one of the designers.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Corrode posted:

I am a little concerned that Skrillex cuts are the fetish of one of the designers.

It's just an evolution of the mohawk, 40k's premier hairstyle.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

I feel like it really works with the 40k aesthetic. Leaves lots of room for weird metal poo poo on the skull and gives people a haggard sort of look.

Now the one in the new AoS stuff doesn’t quite fit the bill. Maybe it’s just a semi-popular but still maybe sort of counterculture style these days and GW is using it for their minis as a result.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

It's just an evolution of the mohawk, 40k's premier hairstyle.
Um... what about topknots???

Mods????

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Corrode posted:

GW has a long history depicting dodgy haircuts.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
My only problem is that it reminds me my own hair is too much of a frizzy mess to ever pull off that cut.

Or a topknot, I'd unironicly rock a Abaddon level topknot.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

SteelMentor posted:

But... Solaria was loving rad?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
She was also a WOMZ. An unforgivable sin.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SteelMentor posted:

Knights to supplant Tyranids as the official army for FEMALES.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Femmaknights. Or go over to FLG for femmanaziknights.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

SteelMentor posted:

gently caress yes!

And yeah, I too want a badass pilot lady.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Huh, so there WAS one good thing about DoW3.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Safety Factor posted:

Huh, so there WAS one good thing about DoW3.

Having the knights loving deep strike onto the battlefield and smash anything they landed on was sick as well.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Lady Solaria being completely helpless in melee, even if it's just a single ork boy, was really silly though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Knights to supplant Tyranids as the official army for FEMALES.

The inclusive appeal of bugs isn't going anywhere :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

SteelMentor posted:

Hey baby, how's your command point level? I've got some stratagems I'd love to try...