Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tae posted:

CS1 and 2 were supposed to be one game, but due to Vita being a poo poo console, they split it and added a lot of filler to pad out both games to be longer than it should when put together.

and it's better for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Patting a cat on the head is good

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I want a pat on the head.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Raxivace posted:

I want a pat on the head.

hell,

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want several, in quick succession.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Time to button mash!

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Head pats, huh. I'm more into Persona 4 awkward hug intimacy meta.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

CS3 does a good bit more with the characters for what it is worth. To be honest, I think the cast of the Erebonia games is getting waaaaaaaaaay too large. From the previews of CS4 it's frankly ridiculous at what the size of the playable cast is; it's an arc very much about story, politics and world building than it is about characters.

Crossbell is mostly focused on the characters though for what it's worth.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everyone knows the truest show of affection is high fives.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It's when you take your good dog for a walk

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a japanese beauty products company did a poll of women on what romantic gestures they do and dont like.

headpatting was the top with nearly 50% of the vote.

if something comes up a lot in anime and isnt that weird, iunno why people go 'this is some devilish perversion of anime' and not 'oh, this must be more normal in japan.' Obviously you wouldn't go up to a complete stranger and start patting and never stop, but if you're close to someone, yeah, it isn't that weird a thing to do, depending on how comfortable they are with physical contact, especially in a context where there's some flirting back and forth between the two of you. Obviously context and the individuals matter a lot, but still, come on.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Endorph posted:

a japanese beauty products company did a poll of women on what romantic gestures they do and dont like.

headpatting was the top with nearly 50% of the vote.

if something comes up a lot in anime and isnt that weird, iunno why people go 'this is some devilish perversion of anime' and not 'oh, this must be more normal in japan.' Obviously you wouldn't go up to a complete stranger and start patting and never stop, but if you're close to someone, yeah, it isn't that weird a thing to do, depending on how comfortable they are with physical contact, especially in a context where there's some flirting back and forth between the two of you. Obviously context and the individuals matter a lot, but still, come on.

yeah I was just watching Ainori (dating reality show) yesterday & there was a whole bit where they were making up after a fight & the girl got headpats from the guy she liked and was freaking out happy about it in private later

it's almost as if, different cultures have different norms about gestures and physical contact,

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

ok but now im mad that rean pats his siter on the head so much, dude is leading her on!

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
dw that guy on the show was also completely oblivious

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

What are the three things they don't like?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

babypolis posted:

ok but now im mad that rean pats his siter on the head so much, dude is leading her on!

At some point someone has got to pull Rean aside and be like 'Yo, just stop talking to your sister for like... a decade.'

And then send her somewhere far away from her 'friends' who egg her on so she can stop being a weird creep who wants to bone her brother.

also death to the Erebonian royal family. they are all the woooorst.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

babypolis posted:

Honestly this is the way more anime part.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

1: Poking from behind/on the forehead
2: Tugging on your sleeves/messing with your clothing in general
3: Putting your hand in their pocket

these are all weird/annoying gestures so makes sense

if you're curious the other two they like are hugs from behind and handholding, but like, specifically holding their hand and leading them along

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

1: Poking from behind/on the forehead

lol

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'd just like to say that I juuust got through a conversation where Alisa tells Rean to stop patting girls on the head because its weird. How fitting for this conversation.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Terper posted:

a guy poking them in the forehead, a guy grabbing them from behind to roll their sleeves up, a guy holding their hand and then putting it in his pocket

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

a guy poking them in the forehead, a guy grabbing them from behind to roll their sleeves up, a guy holding their hand and then putting it in his pocket

... Why would anyone even do that? That seems really impractical and uncomfortable?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zore posted:

... Why would anyone even do that? That seems really impractical and uncomfortable?

Seems a lot more obvious why they'd do that than the sleeve rolling one.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

Seems a lot more obvious why they'd do that than the sleeve rolling one.

Duh, yeah I was thinking like a jacket pocket.

All of those are pretty heavy weird moves

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Zore posted:

your guess is as good as mine. i guess if it's a pants pocket they might be hoping for something lewd

this is what that second one means btw why is this even a thing

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

your guess is as good as mine. i guess if it's a pants pocket they might be hoping for something lewd

this is what that second one means btw why is this even a thing

i get my lady in the mood for lovin' by checking for signs of cutting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think the pockets thing is meant to be like, 'its cold so warm yourself up' thing but i feel like just holding hands would be way less weird? ive seen the pocket thing in manga a couple of times tho.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

U-DO Burger posted:

i get my lady in the mood for lovin' by checking for signs of cutting

i meant more like why would you ever do this from behind (besides being a creep)

in general all the Good ones are things you'd be happy with from someone you like and all the Bad ones are things that would really turn you off from someone being too immature/aggressive

vv because they're using it as an excuse ("here let me help you")

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 8, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can see it being sort of like a hug from behind, but then why the additional sleeves thing?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The messing with clothes example I would have went with is when you see like a dude messing with like the drawstrings on a hoodie someone is wearing.
In my time on earth I have seen this more than you would expect, and it never ends with the dude being slap to my disappointment.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I headpat someone but that was specifically during a conversation about how she identified with all the anime girls who love being praised and headpatting goes along with those characters

So my personal experience with headpatting was very anime but it was cool 9/10 would headpat again

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i wonder just how many teens have gotten rejected by their crush because they tried to imitate sasuke

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
one of my japanese classmates sometimes pets me like i'm her kid brother or something

my takeaway from this is that japanese body language culture can be touchy with people they're close to

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 8, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I wouldn't mind a headpat.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If your girlfriend doesn't pat your head you aren't gay enough sorry

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

no that's a sign you need a better girlfriend

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe there are people who don't have the "you should message me if" section on okc as a place to put down "if you want to give me a headpat"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

U-DO Burger posted:

i wonder just how many teens have gotten rejected by their crush because they tried to imitate sasuke

Considering what Sasuke did they are lucky they didn’t get the police called on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i dont mind when women mess with my clothes, but that kind of motherly poo poo is definitely not a turn on, i used to know this chick who would always fuss over my shirts if my tag was sticking out or if one of the sleeves was rolled up on second thought it was kind of annoying