Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
a we def want those cores i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
A. Legitimate borders? This is about our natural borders.

We ain't gonna get poo poo right now, but all things come with time.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
A, cores are everything and even if we don't get Catalonia we'll still be in a position to take it eventually.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Seriously, cores are super important in Vicky. The CB you get for conquering your own cores requires much less warscore to demand in a war than a war on conquest on unclaimed land, allowing us to annex a lot more land in one war. Plus, however big of an infamy hit we take from option A, it's almost certainly (barring some incredible luck) going to be far less than we'd get from trying to justify each state in Qattalun individually.

e: plus there's no way to gain or lose cores except through events

Pakled fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 8, 2018

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A and anyone who votes otherwise is a traitor and a Moroccan.

Also, what about the little bit Morocco had, is that just ours now?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

A

gently caress FRANCE

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

A

Gaining cores is significantly more valuable than gaining land. Gaining land is the easy part.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

a

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

A give it back you fuckheads

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Infamy can go down, getting cores is a lot harder.

A

Watch the other powers gently caress us over. :v:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Watch the final vote be 4-3-5 and we get nothing.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Ralepozozaxe posted:

A and anyone who votes otherwise is a traitor and a Moroccan.

Also, what about the little bit Morocco had, is that just ours now?

Seriously, this is less of a vote for our country’s decision on this issue and more of a test of loyalty to the Al Andalus.

Anyways, it’s still Moroccan, but we have cores on it. I asked Hashim about this earlier.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

A is the only option.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

No matter what we're walking away with cores on the entire peninsula which, as others have said, is the real important part. Land we can just go conquer whenever, it's cores that are precious.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
A

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Crazycryodude posted:

No matter what we're walking away with cores on the entire peninsula which, as others have said, is the real important part. Land we can just go conquer whenever, it's cores that are precious.

Cores over the entire peninsula will come with time, regardless of the option chosen. This is mostly a choice between having the cores from the get-go and suffering diplomatically for it, or expanding much slower via fabrication and getting the cores later.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Mantis42 posted:

Watch the final vote be 4-3-5 and we get nothing.

If France votes against us I'm fine reducing our country to ash just to fight two fronts. :colbert:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

A. Infamy means jack, all we need to do is just chill for 10 years and were good

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I don't understand Victoria well enough to know what the tradeoff between cores vs. infamy is tbh.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

A As if there were any question.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

If France votes against us I'm fine reducing our country to ash just to fight two fronts. :colbert:

C votes would be Morocco, Hannover and Armenia.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
A.

Why split these states? We all know that there can be only one!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hashim posted:

Cores over the entire peninsula will come with time, regardless of the option chosen. This is mostly a choice between having the cores from the get-go and suffering diplomatically for it, or expanding much slower via fabrication and getting the cores later.

you probably should have made this more clear up front

in that case I will change to option B

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I'm not sure what kind of events Hashim will have set up, but fabricating CBs alone will give us most of the big infamy hit. It'll take 15 years to burn off the infamy most likely, but it's worth it for cheaper conquest the rest of the game. A

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Al-Andalus should never have been divided: The mad Shia Sultans brought us low, but now we rise as one, former Mahiyyahs and Quattaluni alongside Quadisi, reunified under the Sunni Sultan Zulfiqar as one nation under Allah.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

All of our land shall be returned!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

GunnerJ posted:

I don't understand Victoria well enough to know what the tradeoff between cores vs. infamy is tbh.

Cores are impossible to get except via decision or event, so they're very valuable. Infamy can be whittled down by staying at peace for a few years, the issue here is that starting with a big infamy hit with isolate us diplomatically, since very few countries will be willing to ally us.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

you probably should have made this more clear up front

in that case I will change to option B

Yep, just edited it into the post.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 8, 2018

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

GunnerJ posted:

Unless A gives us over 25 infamy (the infamy cap, at which point everyone in the world will declare a Containment war on you and totally wreck your poo poo), it's going to be the better choice. The amount of infamy you get for fabricating a conquest CB on a single state is RNG, but it could be as high as 22 points per state. An independent Qattlun is going to be made up of at least 2 states, and possibly a third. An independent North Iberian country is probably going to be an amalgam of 3 states.

Add in the fact that we'd have to take the states one at a a time if we go the justification route while we'd be able to take em all in one war with cores up front and it's a no-brainer.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Pakled posted:

Unless A gives us over 25 infamy (the infamy cap, at which point everyone in the world will declare a Containment war on you and totally wreck your poo poo), it's going to be the better choice. The amount of infamy you get for fabricating claims on a single state is RNG, but it could be as high as 22 points per state. An independent Qattlun is going to be made up of at least 2 states, and possibly a third. An independent North Iberian country is probably going to be an amalgam of 3 states.

Add in the fact that we'd have to take the states one at a a time if we go the justification route while we'd be able to take em all in one war with cores up front and it's a no-brainer.

The max for demanding a single state is 11 infamy, not 22 (that would be for fabricating a conquest CB).

edit: oops, that's pretty much what you said, so never mind. Disregard this.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Will we start the game with truces? A couple years buffer on major wars while we burn infamy would be huge.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
A Breaking Al Andalus started the commotions of the past decades and repairing it must be the end of it.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Will we start the game with truces? A couple years buffer on major wars while we burn infamy would be huge.

I wasn't planning to set any truces, no.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Pakled posted:

Unless A gives us over 25 infamy (the infamy cap, at which point everyone in the world will declare a Containment war on you and totally wreck your poo poo), it's going to be the better choice. The amount of infamy you get for fabricating a conquest CB on a single state is RNG, but it could be as high as 22 points per state. An independent Qattlun is going to be made up of at least 2 states, and possibly a third. An independent North Iberian country is probably going to be an amalgam of 3 states.

but if we are going to get cores by event later, it's not so big a deal - if we can start off with Northern Iberia under our control, with cores on Moroccan Iberia and the opportunity to gain cores on Catalonia later through event without infamy, that is a better starting position

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
A, although I can already see the AIs vote for more buffer states. :negative:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

but if we are going to get cores by event later, it's not so big a deal - if we can start off with Northern Iberia under our control, with cores on Moroccan Iberia and the opportunity to gain cores on Catalonia later through event without infamy, that is a better starting position

He didn't say that they would come by event. Could very well be a decision that we can take after we eat them for full infamy to get cores.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

From how Hashim phrased it, it sounds like if we don't get the cores now, we're only getting them after we conquer the areas via fabrication.

quote:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Pretty sure he's talking about the cores which you naturally get via random events after researching state & nationalism or whatever it's called, which requires you to own the provinces already.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A and if we get big infamy for this then Morroco better get a loving massive one for holding on to Greece of all places.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
A

Also Hashim can we get a state a world update when Vicoria rolls around?