Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Backed Queen's Wish, because interior design is my secret weakness in RPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Party Fowl reached its goal and is now trying to get some stretch goals, including more art and cards: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159466030/party-fowl-the-game-of-drunk-ducks/

It was featured recently on the One Shot livestream so you can see how it plays: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/270259993

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
In the realm of successful kickstarters, this came to me this week:

Haven't opened it yet. Looking forward to unboxing it soon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Still no sign of mine, but I updated my address to another European country six months ago so hopefully that hasn't caused any problems. :ohdear:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CovfefeCatCafe posted:

Is this that weird sex game? I wonder how the gameplay is, I haven't seen much about it since the kickstarter (which seemed a while ago).

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That's the one. I wanted to get a copy, but couldn't really justify the price and doubted any of my friends would play. :)

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Still no sign of mine, but I updated my address to another European country six months ago so hopefully that hasn't caused any problems. :ohdear:

I think they've just started going out. I got mine so quickly because the factory is in China and China thinks I live there.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I can't believe no-one is backing Crypto, The CyrptoCurrency BoardGame.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

It's just down right now, yesterday it was backed at 10,000%

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

CovfefeCatCafe posted:

:chloe:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

oriongates posted:

It's just down right now, yesterday it was backed at 10,000%

:v:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

To be fair, it is an absolute poo poo cover. Makes it look too much like an indie comic than a game. Like, I'm sure they are all "kickstarter and done" but come on.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I will never get over the tentacle monster having anime facial features and hair. poo poo is nightmarish.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

I will never get over the tentacle monster having anime facial features and hair. poo poo is nightmarish.

They were obviously trying to get both a tentacle monster and a dreamy boy, and that's a difficult mashup. It's not nightmarish to me, more goofy than anything, but I'd imagine it tickles somebody's fancy.

Either way I backed it mostly to support "sex can be healthy and giving" being represented in games instead of just creepy giant tits in tongue armor.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Final Bid is still on the way to funding, but it already unlocked another film setting! (The one I'm writing): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1552912590/final-bid-the-cinematic-auction-game

quote:

Hello! My name is Grant and I am very excited to bring you the Glenbrook film setting. Now that it's unlocked, I'd like to share where I'm coming from and some of what you can expect.

I have a passion for teen melodrama; for stories about people dealing with adult problems while being treated like children. My wife and I do a Riverdale recap podcast called Sex Archie where we often talk about the genre as a whole, and how Riverdale is a synthesis of, and occasional commentary on, all the teen dramas to come before. We also make a lot of jokes about Archie being too dumb to breathe, but that's beside the point.

Winning bids in Glenbrook are chaotic or earnest. Chaotic bids happen when someone acts for the moment, forgetting the long term; or when someone flexes whatever power they have for the fun of it, especially at another’s expense. Full dark, no stars. Earnest bids show that all these characters are in the same boat. They aren’t so different in the long run; and maybe reaching out to each other is the only hope they have to survive. Scenes in Glenbrook will wildly switch between the broad and the subtle, the violent and the vulnerable. Embrace the high-contrast neon.

In Glenbrook you can find roles like the Princess (Power: Whenever someone buys in with material goods, you can raise with a costlier version of the same thing), the Weirdo (Goal: To seek the Truth), and the Parent (Intro: Which mistakes from your youth are the kids repeating?), and a full set of others. I'm very excited about the possibility of roles from other films being mixed into this hormonal soup, or Glenbrook roles bringing a bit of moody introspection to another genre.

Thank you so much to Jacob for letting me pester them into joining this project, and to all of you for supporting it!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

rydiafan posted:

They were obviously trying to get both a tentacle monster and a dreamy boy, and that's a difficult mashup. It's not nightmarish to me, more goofy than anything, but I'd imagine it tickles somebody's fancy.

Either way I backed it mostly to support "sex can be healthy and giving" being represented in games instead of just creepy giant tits in tongue armor.

Gal alien actually. It's not just a tentacle sex game. it's a gay tentacle sex game.

(It's a really weird design, and the artist def made some :confused: aesthetic choices. Still backed, cuz Naomi Clark is a cool lady.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So I am at this point assuming that Spellbound Kingdoms: Arcana will never materialize, and that the creator has abandoned it.

The last word from him was December 3rd, when a cover was revealed and we were 'in the home stretch.'

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

dwarf74 posted:

So I am at this point assuming that Spellbound Kingdoms: Arcana will never materialize, and that the creator has abandoned it.

The last word from him was December 3rd, when a cover was revealed and we were 'in the home stretch.'
Half a year does not even count as a delay in my book anymore.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Foglet posted:

Half a year does not even count as a delay in my book anymore.
Half a year late? Sure. That's par for the course for rpg kickstarters.

Half a year of complete radio silence, with zero contact with backers? Zero updates or even comments about the project status? No.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.

dwarf74 posted:

Half a year late? Sure. That's par for the course for rpg kickstarters.

Half a year of complete radio silence, with zero contact with backers? Zero updates or even comments about the project status? No.
Well, there's Ryuutama...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Foglet posted:

Well, there's Ryuutama...
Yeah and while the main product was great, (a) we're still waiting on complete fulfillment for stretch goals, and (b) it was still not an okay way to run an overdue project.

Complete silence for this long is not normal, and creators should not be given a pass for it.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah and while the main product was great, (a) we're still waiting on complete fulfillment for stretch goals, and (b) it was still not an okay way to run an overdue project.

Complete silence for this long is not normal, and creators should not be given a pass for it.

:yeah:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
It's not okay to go six months of complete radio silence. It is not necessarily long enough to safely assume the project is a writeoff, though.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

dwarf74 posted:

I'm disappointed at the lack of any news, too. It looks like hasn't logged into kickstarter since March. I'm not at the point of assuming it's never coming out or he ran off with the money, I mostly just hope he's okay.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I can't remember the last time I've equivocated this violently between "Buy all $500 worth" and "Nah, don't even bother backing" the way I have been for Mythic Battles: Pantheon.

On the one hand, it actually looks like a fair amount of fun and I think it'd be pretty easy to teach friends. The minis, while nice, are really the bonus, not the draw itself here.

On the other, I've spent more than $500 on Malifaux already and that's probably the superior skirmish game by a mile, albeit the harder teach.

Frak. I'll probably just leave the $1 in the pledge manager and then decide whether another $500 follow it a month from now.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

From an update after a long period of silence on some 3rd party 5e sourcebook that I don’t recall backing:

quote:

the work has mostly been done and the only thing we have to do is illustrations, correction and layout

Oh, is that all?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Memnaelar posted:

Frak. I'll probably just leave the $1 in the pledge manager and then decide whether another $500 follow it a month from now.
I lucked into a Mythic Battles: Pantheon god pledge back in January and I gotta say I really like it. Turns out it's uncomplicated enough that my wife and I can play, short enough that she wants to, and varied enough that it feels like it won't get stale. I'm planning on grabbing some of the expansions this time around.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Subjunctive posted:

From an update after a long period of silence on some 3rd party 5e sourcebook that I don’t recall backing:

Oh, is that all?

We’re almost done with your house. We’ve got all the lumber and materials all we have to do is put it together! Easy!

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Subjunctive posted:

Oh, is that all?

Maybe illustration is singular and they are waiting to see how the text wraps?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

:siren: Invisible Sun is shipping :siren:

Guess it's time for me to learn how to write FATAL and Friends posts

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Listen to jazz music, drink too much scotch.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Never skip anything, no matter how boring it is to write or read.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Antivehicular posted:

:siren: Invisible Sun is shipping :siren:

Guess it's time for me to learn how to write FATAL and Friends posts

I hope the plastic hand will be displayed in a place of honor so guests can know of your hubris.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I hope the plastic hand will be displayed in a place of honor so guests can know of your hubris.

"Oh, that giant black cube on the bookcase? That's just the greatest regret of my wretched life, nothing big."

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.

Antivehicular posted:

"Oh, that giant black cube on the bookcase? That's just the greatest regret of my wretched life, nothing big."
"Oh, that giant black cube on the bookcase? That's just the greatest regret pride of my wretched life, nothing big."

A Horse Named Mandy
Feb 9, 2007

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
Buy gold.
I see your obligatory PBF and raise an obligatory :siren:NWS Oglaf:siren:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Trickerion has an expansion and collected deluxe edition on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438141406/trickerion-dahlgaards-academy-and-collectors-editi

Unsure whether one of the stretch goals will be an artist who can draw faces.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

GrandpaPants posted:

Trickerion has an expansion and collected deluxe edition on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438141406/trickerion-dahlgaards-academy-and-collectors-editi

One can only hope it's Klemenz Franz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

The ugly portraits mashed up with pretty design is sort of all their calling card now

I looked at the expansion but I'll pass. It doesn't seem to do much with the game issues, which are mostly how it promotes AP and you can get lots of downtime in 4 player games when you all want the same trick.