Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

she look like a fraggle

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
There was a webcomic that listed manhood trials or rites of passage in order of pain, with one with bullet ants towards the beginning, and something like "having to pretend to like baseball" near the top. I just spent like ten minutes trying to search it without success.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

It sounds like something from XKCD or SMBC. Also while nobody likes baseball, everybody likes getting drunk in a baseball park and intimidating people from out of town.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

There was a webcomic that listed manhood trials or rites of passage in order of pain, with one with bullet ants towards the beginning, and something like "having to pretend to like baseball" near the top. I just spent like ten minutes trying to search it without success.

I found this SMBC comic, which is just a graph, that mentions pretending to like baseball, but doesn't mention bullet ants.

Can't find anything on explainxkcd with those keywords.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Pyroclastic posted:

I found this SMBC comic, which is just a graph, that mentions pretending to like baseball, but doesn't mention bullet ants.

Can't find anything on explainxkcd with those keywords.

That is it, exactly. And I was even searching for SMBC specifically.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Chris Hastings did a Swan Boy comic!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Gann Jerrod posted:

This made my day. I love Swan Boy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

For the grace of God this is good.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I'm with the gross duck thing on this one. Just brick me into a wine cellar and that solves p much all my problems.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Mine too.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Who is this "swan boy?"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Volcott posted:

Who is this "swan boy?"

https://swanboy.com/comic/swan-boy/

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gann Jerrod posted:

The first and last Swan Boy my eyes won't just slide over, unable to focus on the melted text or the Dalíesque characters.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I am really enjoying Swan boy. It reminds me of "Duck Man".

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The first and last Swan Boy my eyes won't just slide over, unable to focus on the melted text or the Dalíesque characters.

same.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Some June Over Moon I see

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Sarah Palin vore?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

at that height it's no wonder she can see Russia from her house

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

It is a religious metaphor

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

We can never know peace until they renounce their duck god and accept our rabbit god

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

im the truck full of horoscopes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

im the truck full of horoscopes

I'm trapped in a horoscope factory please send help

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Ignite Memories posted:

We can never know peace until they renounce their duck god and accept our rabbit god

Fiddler crab God!

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

I'd forgotten that Beanie Babies are still a major threat to an intellectual society.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Gann Jerrod posted:

I'd forgotten that Beanie Babies are still a major threat to an intellectual society.

They're called Funko Pops now but same thing

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It's rampant consumerism for its own sake which Huxley took issue with. There are people so utterly consumed with their favorite collectibles that they ignore what is going on in the world and even shirk some or all of their responsibilities. There isn't any need to censor anything to them because they aren't even paying attention in the first place.

Huxley was worried that all of society would get to that point. Consume, collect, and distract yourself from the real world because reality sucks. Those with power wouldn't need to worry about being tyrants as nobody would even look at what they were up to.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Good thing we avoid that then.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

I'm the image of Big Brother referenced from an Apple Computer ad.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Len posted:

They're called Funko Pops now but same thing

Those are the worst things in the world.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's rampant consumerism for its own sake which Huxley took issue with. There are people so utterly consumed with their favorite collectibles that they ignore what is going on in the world and even shirk some or all of their responsibilities. There isn't any need to censor anything to them because they aren't even paying attention in the first place.

Huxley was worried that all of society would get to that point. Consume, collect, and distract yourself from the real world because reality sucks. Those with power wouldn't need to worry about being tyrants as nobody would even look at what they were up to.

YouTuber watches Avengers: Infinity War 44 times in theaters, vows to keep going.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:kimchi:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

My friend had a load of those dolls, was planning on doing a photocomic with them a while back. Weird coincidence.

Ours was gonna be better though, of course. :colbert:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

If the duck is not real, how is there a photo of it? Chackmeat athetits.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I read about that. I hate it.

I am so goddamned tired of the intersection of consumption and attention seeking.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What the heck. Next is he going to go to Walmart and buy a bunch of gift cards then rip them up to help them break $whatever billion on their next quarter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

brave new world is a garbage novel for idiots. there isn't even a story. 4/10, cool retro future built on pneumatic tubes but every character is an insufferable dipshit and nothing of interest ever happens