Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Vermain posted:

This is actually the first time in history that support Lux at Plat+ has an above 50% winrate. Am I in heaven?

no we're in hell she'll end up nerfed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

curiousCat posted:

no we're in hell she'll end up nerfed

I feel like she's one of the easier champs in the game to tone down, considering everything save Final Spark is a linear skillshot. Just tweak the missile speeds to increase her skill floor and everything's right as rain.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Vermain posted:

I feel like she's one of the easier champs in the game to tone down, considering everything save Final Spark is a linear skillshot. Just tweak the missile speeds to increase her skill floor and everything's right as rain.

Why, though? There's nothing wrong with her being a viable support for realz instead of the garbage "i wanted to pick mid" character she was before.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

Why, though? There's nothing wrong with her being a viable support for realz instead of the garbage "i wanted to pick mid" character she was before.

I mean, in the theoretical world where they decide they have to nerf her, that's probably the tack I would take. In reality, her kit is so outdated and her weaknesses are so transparent that they'd have to crank her ratios up enormously before she starts to eat hard nerfs and not merely get her power shuffled around.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Had a promo game this morning where I was Pyke supporting Yasuo. Worked pretty well. Double Relic is a ton of sustain, and the extra income for Pyke was cool. Plus, the guy would wall every single Ashe arrow.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

kingcobweb posted:

Had a promo game this morning where I was Pyke supporting Yasuo. Worked pretty well. Double Relic is a ton of sustain, and the extra income for Pyke was cool. Plus, the guy would wall every single Ashe arrow.

I disagree with every part of this post and want my innervating locket back

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does pyke's hook turn on Yasuo ult? Even if not that lane sounds pretty awful to lane against especially as Ashe goddamn.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Does pyke's hook turn on Yasuo ult? Even if not that lane sounds pretty awful to lane against especially as Ashe goddamn.

Yes

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Any support with a displace - like Alistar or Pyke - combos well with Yasuo ADC. The ultimate spicy combo is Vi/Yasuo, but I recommend this for "advanced pros" only.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Vlad, Irelia, and Yasuo are currently trending in challenger games for the ADC role. There's a bitch thread on reddit if you care to see the reaction of the playerbase to froggen going 'quit being a baby and adapt'

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Reddit always overreacts when something wacky and off-meta is :siren: TOTALLY BROKEN :siren: with like five people in challenger in Korea playing it. Some guy went on stream and won a game as bot lane Darius? Time to fire everyone at Riot

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

kingcobweb posted:

Reddit always overreacts when something wacky and off-meta is :siren: TOTALLY BROKEN :siren: with like five people in challenger in Korea playing it. Some guy went on stream and won a game as bot lane Darius? Time to fire everyone at Riot

ADC is legit not functioning though because it's missing a 25% amp. I did the math and three-and-a-half item adc used to do about 375-400 net damage, which is the point where you fourshot squishies, now it does closer to like 320. Without that damage boost, IEdge is kind of missing like...20 AD and a real buildpath to not be godawful if you go crit. If it had 100 AD crit ADCs would be fine going stormrazor IEdge Zeal Item.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 9, 2018

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I am so ready for reworked Nunu. It hasn't felt good to me playing as him for months now and I really just want to see what they do with the champ.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Kokoro Wish posted:

I am so ready for reworked Nunu. It hasn't felt good to me playing as him for months now and I really just want to see what they do with the champ.
??? I won 11 straight games on him to get into plat for the first time

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I just enjoy alot of champs more than him now. Both him and Mundo feel old as gently caress and I'd honestly like updates, despite how effective they may be at the moment. Like Mundo is kind of stupid-good right now as far as effectiveness goes.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I don't want to play league of legends but the thoughts are creeping again

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Methanar posted:

I don't want to play league of legends but the thoughts are creeping again

Do it, it'll only get worse if you let the urge fester. Better to go ham and burn out ASAP

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
We found League's new game mode

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Vlad isn’t a vampire.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah he's a hemomancer idiot don't you read the lore?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Draven: 8/4/25, 75cs, 20k dmg to enemy champs: S
Lucian: 17/7/15, 64cs, 26k dmg to enemy champs: Not even S-

(I was the Draven, so my only complaint here is that you can't get hextech chests on champs you dont own.)

(There was also an Anivia, who went 12/4/23, not even S- either, but she had 36cs so that's less mystifying.)

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The more popular a champ the farther from the median you have to go for high scores. Ish.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

iSurrender posted:

(I was the Draven, so my only complaint here is that you can't get hextech chests on champs you dont own.)

(There was also an Anivia, who went 12/4/23, not even S- either, but she had 36cs so that's less mystifying.)

the grading is curved, and nobody really knows how the weighting works. is it +10 points for kill, +5 for assist, -10 for death? how does kill participation factor in? does warding matter a lot? what about objectives..? all of this is a mystery. but if you play crap champions and do well you get s ranks, and if you play good champions and do well riot gives you a B- because you totally could have had 100 more cs and placed 20 wards and not taken 3 trades in lane or some enigmatic crap

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

pog boyfriend posted:

support fiddles

I prefer supportlesticks

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

iSurrender posted:

Lucian is outrageously strong right now so it's way harder to get a good grade with him, because the average game for him is better than the average game for a lot of other characters.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

iSurrender posted:

is this aram or something

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Lucian is outrageously strong right now so it's way harder to get a good grade with him, because the average game for him is better than the average game for a lot of other characters.

Draven's even more broken tho

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Transient People posted:

Draven's even more broken tho

wrong

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Verviticus posted:

is this aram or something

The kills + cs says aram or bronze, the number of deaths says not bronze.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Nah its correct, stormrazor draven is hella busted and just twoshots people at every stage of the game

Lucian needs two items to really take off

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

iSurrender posted:

The kills + cs says aram or bronze, the number of deaths says not bronze.

that stuff happens in low silver all of the time cause nobody knows how to close out games but people are generally not feeding relentlessly

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

It has to be aram. That cs is absurdly low for the amount of kills.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
When was the last time anyone here had like 50 minute nailbiter? I can’t remember a single one in recent times. :(

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Smol posted:

When was the last time anyone here had like 50 minute nailbiter? I can’t remember a single one in recent times. :(

I've had some 30 minute nail biters. The games are the same, just shorter, and that's a really good thing.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I had one just a couple days ago

It was tense!!!

We lost :(

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Smol posted:

A group of us had one last night, I don't miss those at all :negative: We did manage to win it, though!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Smol posted:

like last week, not a fun game tbh, lost mostly because a lux support kept catching my idiot teammates

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
When you're playing Draven, do people usually actually throw both axes on AA cd or do they just throw one at a time to make it easier to keep the streak going?

I assume you want to try and get to where you're doing both at the same time to push as fast as possible, I just find it kinda hard to actually catch them on cd like that

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It’s one of the reasons he is challenging to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

My store has sacred sword Janna for 70% off. I like playing Janna, so this is tempting. But should I hold out for forecast Janna in a few years once that one rolls around on sale? Basically is sacred sword Janna better or worse than forecast Janna?