Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Where do you people live or work that you can argue about the relative merits of fast food chain crap?

Omaha, the literal national testbed of horrific fast food "improvements"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We are predominantly an enlisted people, what do you expect?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Where do you people live or work that you can argue about the relative merits of fast food chain crap?

Lemme show you my 10 page dissertation on why Del Taco is inferior to Taco Bell.

Goons gonna goon.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

It's still a beef or whatever pattie, just with olives. Must be a regional things

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The one thing that is common to literally every SA subforum is food details.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The one thing that is common to literally every SA subforum is food details.

Is the chickencheese thread still making the rounds?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Terrible Robot posted:

Popeyes > all other chicken joints

ftfy

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
US SF guy killed in Somalia, of all the shitholes to get killed in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-44421488

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

monkeytennis posted:

US SF guy killed in Somalia, of all the shitholes to get killed in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-44421488

Didn't know we had SEALS in Somalia.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

luckily he knew what he was signing up for

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

psydude posted:

heh

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

psydude posted:

I hope the Rangers are safe.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

maffew buildings posted:

We are predominantly an enlisted people, what do you expect?

Raise your standards. You'll reach Applebee's one day...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

...the US?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

lightpole posted:

Raise your standards. You'll reach Applebee's one day...

But in your heart, you'll always be at Dave and Buster's.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That Works posted:

I hope the Rangers are safe.

I'm sure 10th Mtn and the UN has their back

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fallom posted:

...the US?

Most civilized places in the US have local burger and chicken spots that are actually good.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Stultus Maximus posted:

Most civilized places in the US have local burger and chicken spots that are actually good.

I can't walk in and out of most of them in 10 minutes or less to grab something to eat if I am not feeling that whole "sitting and waiting for food in someone elses dining room" vibe.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
*seinfeld voice* what's the deal with fast food

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/08/metal-wolf-chaos-devolver-tease/

Current event: Metal Wolf Chaos, a game about the President of the United States of America piloting a giant robot to save democracy from a coup within his own administration, a game that was judged to be too American for America, may be coming over at last.

I would be happier if we didn't currently have a president cosplaying this 24/7, down to the garbled English.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Manafort's lawyers had a deadline of midnight tonight to respond to Mueller's request to revoke Manafort's bail.

It's very obvious that Manafort's lawyers needed more time.

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1005262571866349568

Another nominee for one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

Manafort's lawyers had a deadline of midnight tonight to respond to Mueller's request to revoke Manafort's bail.

Your honor, my client only called people that he didn't think were witnesses in order to coach them on what to say when they weren't called as witnesses :smug: :10bux:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Manafort really tried hard to get his dick in his own rear end on this one but by god he did it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

psydude posted:

Is there anything worth fighting for in Somalia? I thought the only ones left were tribal warlords and the occasional South African merc.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/391459-dnc-panel-adopts-rule-requiring-candidates-to-run-serve-as-a-democrat

Well looks like its 8 years of Trump.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bernie joined the democratic party for the sole purpose of running as president and then left as soon as he didn't get the nomination. Now replace Bernie with Zuckerfuck, Ol' Musky, or the starbucks CEO.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Terrible Robot posted:

lmao you stood in line for 3 hours for ice cream

fixed to reflect an ice cream joint down the street from me

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

BigDave posted:

Is there anything worth fighting for in Somalia? I thought the only ones left were tribal warlords and the occasional South African merc.

the same thing we've been after the past 17 years, revenge

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Honestly the most interesting part of the article is that the Dems might actually get rid of Superdelegates in August, which would unquestionably be a good thing.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the same thing we've been after the past 17 years, revenge

Against who, the same assholes we capped in '93?

Somalia is nothing but sand and blood. If there's anyone left alive they're welcome to have it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Probably part of ongoing efforts to prevent the resurgence of piracy off the Horn of Africa.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

It's continuing to do the same poo poo we've been doing because of inertia and doing otherwise would be admitting failure, and because it makes a lot of people who are politically connected money.

And there's no real downside to pouring international Goodwill, blood and treasure down the drain, especially in Africa because no one in the US loving cares what happens there.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Bernie joined the democratic party for the sole purpose of running as president and then left as soon as he didn't get the nomination. Now replace Bernie with Zuckerfuck, Ol' Musky, or the starbucks CEO.

Oh those people served in the Senate too? Crazy times

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Apparently no one here realizes Somalia has actually had a functioning government since ~2012

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Ironically if the Republicans had a similar rule it would have blocked Trump from running

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Joining the Democratic party isn't hard. It's like a form you mail in with a $20 check.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Have we talked about how the Justice Department filed a brief stating that protections in the ACA for people with preexisting conditions are unconstitutional.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Oops

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...52b1_story.html

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I didn't know I couldn't do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

Have we talked about how the Justice Department filed a brief stating that protections in the ACA for people with preexisting conditions are unconstitutional.

yeah but thats fine because the DNC stuck it to Bernie

• Locked thread