Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I didn't say the blame was undeserved. It can be, if the design is bad, but that's something engineers should catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It depends who hosed up, the hyatt regency thing for example was a contractor issue iirc?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

It depends who hosed up, the hyatt regency thing for example was a contractor issue iirc?

Was this the double bridges suspended in the lobby? That was 100% contractor.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
This is what happened:

The Engineer (who by the way has designed thousands of more complex bridges without failure) finished design.
The university wanted the cheap cheap contractor who had little to no experience with this type of structure. Hired him also because he was a minority owned business.
Contractor fucks up the end conditions but due to the pressing deadline set by the retarded university/city, decide to test it anyway.
Not wanting to hire another engineer to design traffic control and reroute vehicles, they do a live test.
Bridge collapses with failure starting at the ends. Kills a few people.

Blame the Engineer first. Figure out that the retard politics of the university higher ups and the city had a huge part in the failure of the structure.

This poo poo happens all the time, just on a lesser scale.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
see? we're not so different, you and i... we may disagree about who's to blame when a marriage goes south, but deep down, aren't we the people who offhand know if a contractor was responsible for a engineering mishap 37 years ago? we're brothers, u and i...

Pick fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 9, 2018

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

see? we're not so different, you and i...

That same engineer was one of the leads on the major bridge they're building where I lived.

The fired them immediately after this incident despite no investigation.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

dudeness posted:

Lol if you don't just assume everyone is secretly lying when they compliment you on anything and everything.

e:

I slept with a distant cousin, now she is extremelly attached to me and I don’t know how to get this under control

Well if she justifies her behavior as protecting ya then I suppose that makes everything all right!

Also, you assume that everyone is complimenting you on how great your fitted italian shirt and rugged skinny jeans look on ya.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Clearly skinnyfat wife just needs some plastic surgery, which is an absolute good, right?

Laxatives, liposuction, and amphetamines should do the trick

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
:yikes:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The weight thing is just a control thing, there's no limit to it, it's about being "impossible to please", like it's a virtue. You can find "loose skin" on someone dramatically underweight and torture someone about it, or talk about how they're "flabby" and "old". You can do that if you want to, to pick on someone and grind them down. It's evil.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost
The thiccer the better though.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Haifisch posted:

My [24 M] mom [58 F] has an obsession with laundry, because of that I can never take a shower

If he goes to a gym, even if it's the school gym, there should be a shower there. I thought that was what homeless teenagers, and teenagers from awful homes like his, did. Or is that not the case in all countries with public schooling?

I admit, I may be ignorant on the subject of gyms in countries that are not the US.

Granted, he's not a teenager anymore, but that part of the story tripped me up. It would be nice to know what country he's in so that people from that country may be able to find resources for him to move the gently caress away from his insane mother.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Midnight Voyager posted:

My SO [25M] wants me [25F] to wear a bra

Haha. That cup story is the best burn.

I feel like dudes who want to force their partner to wear a bra have very little respect for their person and zero perspective because bras are the most horrid contraptions. My girlfriend's greatest time of any day of the week is taking off her bra when we go up to bed. She hates wearing a bra and I do not blame her. It cannot be comfortable or pleasurable.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I feel like dudes who want to force their partner to wear a bra have very little respect for their person and zero perspective because bras are the most horrid contraptions. My girlfriend's greatest time of any day of the week is taking off her bra when we go up to bed. She hates wearing a bra and I do not blame her. It cannot be comfortable or pleasurable.
There's definitely times where it's more comfortable than the alternative, especially if you're doing physically active things, but even then it's not great, it's just not painful.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
maybe i'm a weirdo, but i love wearing a bra :kiddo: i used to sleep in a bra too, until i learned that sleeping in them wears them out more quickly

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
tuba miiiikeeeee

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
yes, pick?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
how you doin

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

YeahTubaMike posted:

maybe i'm a weirdo, but i love wearing a bra :kiddo: i used to sleep in a bra too, until i learned that sleeping in them wears them out more quickly

I usually wear one of my old sports bras to sleep in. I like the support.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

There's a woman that lives in my house who only takes the bra off for a shower or sex. As soon as it's over, bra back on.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Pick posted:

tuba miiiikeeeee

Pick posted:

how you doin

Don't drunkpost

https://i.imgur.com/RexIiZs.mp4

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I love wearing a bra, my manboobs need the extra support

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

I like wearing bras too, but I guess it helps that mine are really loving expensive.

Sports bras for sleeping.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pick posted:

how you doin

i'm okay

LadyPictureShow posted:

I usually wear one of my old sports bras to sleep in. I like the support.

i wear a sports bra around the apartment. don't need my DDs getting in the way while i'm eating or anything

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:respek:

I’m honestly a little jealous of women that can go without bras. I got Ds, and they just seem to move around too much/get in the way if I don’t strap em in.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
At some point I gained enough weight that my boobs* would painfully bump around when I ran, so I had to apply my pecs just so to counteract it. Thankfully I have yet to get to the point where I need a sports bra.

* The distinction between "boobs" and "manboobs" is immaterial and I will dispense with it henceforth.

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich
source your quotes

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

* The distinction between "boobs" and "manboobs" is immaterial and I will dispense with it henceforth.

Sure, okay.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

But if we don’t cover up the nipples how will the men control themselves???

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My wife is an FF (H in US sizing) and she needs the support, but really wishes she didn't.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boob derail is the best derail.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

not that I particularly care or would demand things either way but I dated a girl who was well endowed and spent good money on bras for comfort and she legit preferred wearing em to the point where she often slept in them, To be honest I felt it was kinda odd cause like my general experience was that they were uncomfortable monstrosities no one would voluntarily wear but now part of me always wonders if it's just a matter of size and quality, it made sense she'd need the extra support.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I'm basically the lady from evil husband story, I'm in objectively good shape but I'm pushing 40 and have three kids and spent a lot of my life overweight, so there's only so good it's gonna get. I'd love to not have to wear a bra but I am just not comfortable with where they are anymore. Luckily I bike a lot and work in a kitchen so sports bras are pretty much all I own, which is fine, they're comfy.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Bralettes “make the bra, a longtime instrument of bodily confinement and discomfort and oppression, into a site of self-expression and frivolity,” she said. But what if you’ve grown to love your oppressor and the shaping and structure it provides?

Millennials are ruining bras just like everything else.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just let women manage their tits in the way that is most comfortable to them, jesus h. g. wells

as a deep appreciator of boobies I support their proper care and... support

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Husband [34M] is threatening to throw away our sex toys after I [34F] didn’t sext with him last night.

My husband [34M] has been out of town this week and staying up late, while I [34F] am home and working. I get up early for work but have not had a chance to talk to him much since he’s been gone, so I stayed up late a couple nights ago to talk to him. As a result, I was tired last night but still stayed up later to be able to talk to him a little and then went to bed. Before going to bed, husband had sent me a couple texts asking if I had found the sex toys he has hidden and if I had used them. I responded and told him I was tired and had to go to bed. I wake up this morning to several increasingly angry texts from him.

“Hey...for real...you better hide them on your own because I’m throwing them away when I get back. Apparently you don’t need me anymore now that you’ve found them...uuuugghhh what the hell ever.”

This is all based on a complete assumption! I never said whether I had used any of the toys or not...and why do I have to answer that question at all...and how are you MAD at me when I don’t? Why do I owe an explanation for any of this? I don’t understand why this is such an issue and why it warrants this type of response. I feel angry, offended, and like I’m having to defend myself, which makes me even angrier! I don’t even know what I’m asking honestly, I’m just upset and now my day is ruined knowing this is all going to have to be addressed and I don’t like having to defend myself over assumptions and an issue that is all completely hypothetical. Am I being self centered here?

TL;DR: husband is butthurt I didn’t want to sext with him and now I’m pissed I have to defend myself against his assumptions.

EDIT to add, since the post was removed for failure to do so...we’ve been together 17 years.

EDIT BY REQUEST FOR CONTEXT: Oh I should clarify “hidden.” These aren’t hidden as a fun gift for me to find. They are hidden because he has gotten pissed about it previously and started hiding the toys. One night I used them after he was asleep and he woke up and was super pissed about it. He felt I should have woken him up to have sex with him rather than use the toys. He was also angry that the one I ordered was bigger than him. I didn’t realize that when I ordered it. It was the first time I’d ever ordered one and I was looking at amazon reviews - and it’s not much bigger in length, but is bigger around. I didn’t realize that until it came. So then he started hiding the toys so that we only used them together.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Husband [34M] is threatening to throw away our sex toys after I [34F] didn’t sext with him last night.

My husband [34M] has been out of town this week and staying up late, while I [34F] am home and working. I get up early for work but have not had a chance to talk to him much since he’s been gone, so I stayed up late a couple nights ago to talk to him. As a result, I was tired last night but still stayed up later to be able to talk to him a little and then went to bed. Before going to bed, husband had sent me a couple texts asking if I had found the sex toys he has hidden and if I had used them. I responded and told him I was tired and had to go to bed. I wake up this morning to several increasingly angry texts from him.

“Hey...for real...you better hide them on your own because I’m throwing them away when I get back. Apparently you don’t need me anymore now that you’ve found them...uuuugghhh what the hell ever.”

This is all based on a complete assumption! I never said whether I had used any of the toys or not...and why do I have to answer that question at all...and how are you MAD at me when I don’t? Why do I owe an explanation for any of this? I don’t understand why this is such an issue and why it warrants this type of response. I feel angry, offended, and like I’m having to defend myself, which makes me even angrier! I don’t even know what I’m asking honestly, I’m just upset and now my day is ruined knowing this is all going to have to be addressed and I don’t like having to defend myself over assumptions and an issue that is all completely hypothetical. Am I being self centered here?

TL;DR: husband is butthurt I didn’t want to sext with him and now I’m pissed I have to defend myself against his assumptions.

EDIT to add, since the post was removed for failure to do so...we’ve been together 17 years.

EDIT BY REQUEST FOR CONTEXT: Oh I should clarify “hidden.” These aren’t hidden as a fun gift for me to find. They are hidden because he has gotten pissed about it previously and started hiding the toys. One night I used them after he was asleep and he woke up and was super pissed about it. He felt I should have woken him up to have sex with him rather than use the toys. He was also angry that the one I ordered was bigger than him. I didn’t realize that when I ordered it. It was the first time I’d ever ordered one and I was looking at amazon reviews - and it’s not much bigger in length, but is bigger around. I didn’t realize that until it came. So then he started hiding the toys so that we only used them together.

What a muppet. Divorce him, jeez

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

He was also angry that the one I ordered was bigger than him. I didn’t realize that when I ordered it. It was the first time I’d ever ordered one and I was looking at amazon reviews - and it’s not much bigger in length, but is bigger around. I didn’t realize that until it came. So then he started hiding the toys so that we only used them together.

Christ what a ding-dong. ‘Oh no, this silicone dick is b-b-bigger than mine! How dare she! She didn’t sext me back immediately, she must be making time with that gigantic silicone cock! The only solution is to throw them all away!’

Solution: buy an even bigger dildo, send him a picture of it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

LadyPictureShow posted:

Christ what a ding-dong. ‘Oh no, this silicone dick is b-b-bigger than mine! How dare she! She didn’t sext me back immediately, she must be making time with that gigantic silicone cock! The only solution is to throw them all away!’

I mean I can kind of understand why this sentient dildo is afraid of being replaced, kind of like Woody in Toy Story.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

LadyPictureShow posted:

The only dildo that needs to be thrown out is the husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The girthiest issue is his insecurity, really.