Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I love the idea of gaming on my couch because of being able to kick back and relax but it's a lie because any time I need even a little concentration or focus I scooch up to the edge of the seat and lean in. So unless the game is turned based or a pure puzzler or in a lengthy story section I'm in the Action Pose most of the time and probably doing wonders for my spine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Shadow225 posted:

I think that enjoying a game and thinking about it critically are not orthogonal. Being willing to deconstruct something that you enjoyed should demonstrate that you are interacting with it on a deeper level.

I agree that most positive comments are white noise/bandwagoning/memey. That doesn't discredit those comments necessarily, but I am less interested in one word snips or 'it's just fun' type posts because it doesn't allow me to interact with the conversation. Though I sometimes disagree with him, Beanpole has some great positive deconstructions on why the thinks things are good.

:blush:

Escobarbarian posted:

Got “the device” in Titanfall 2 single-player and holy poo poo this game loving rocks

:yeah:

Kilometers Davis posted:

Mine is exceptionally good at multitasking and organization so my role is usually taking orders and/or being yelled at about screwing things up haha.

Aw man I bet she will love it. It captures the chaotic fun of running around a kitchen in the best way.

If she's good at yelling then that game will be a wild time for you. When my friends and I play it always devolves into insane yelling and screaming.

Infinitum posted:

Titanfall 2 has a SP component? I thought it was just MP.

Is the SP any good? How long is the campaign? Might grab it as a bargain basement pickup in the future

Oh, sweet child...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

My girlfriend said I was weird and that bloodborne was disgusting

Back to MARIO kart

:negative:

Time to start withholding sex, my friend.

Or household repairs.

DrNutt posted:

Been on a big SoulsBorne binge lately and MY GIRLFRIEND is not amused.

youtube search "Ignoring My Girlfriend" for advice. About 10,000 results out there.

VideoGames posted:

Forgot to mention that when I played Bloodborne with Lady VG she watched me die to the cleric beast about thirty times.

She then asked me if she could have a go and proceeded to beat it in two goes. She is very good at it. The only souls game she has ever played. I should let her do Father gascgoine too.

Put a ring on that.

Shadow225 posted:

At this point I go digital for multiplayer centric games like Overwatch or Monster Hunter World, and physical for pretty much everything else. Physical tends to be cheaper, so I can pick up things on sale pretty easily.

Yeah, I go physical for "prestige" titles that I play in long sessions until through and digital for most other things smaller than 10GB. The appeal of loaning games to friends is just too good to ever give up physical and I will never buy an all-digital console as long as I live.

To that end, for anyone who's into physical copies I just bought SOTC at game stop for 20$. They didn't have any signage so I just asked the guy if there were any promotions on it this week, he looked on the computer and "yup, it's $20" :woop:

...! posted:

I want E3 to have info on Catherine: Full Body. :colbert:

:same:

DrNutt posted:

Quick Bloodborne note: Darkbeast Paarl is a masterclass in how not to do an enemy hitbox goddamn. Thankfully the game gives you a tanky NPC summon to help you out a lot.

Just be thankful you're not fighting the chalice version. :suicide:

JBP posted:

Holy poo poo, you go to sleep one night and when you wake up everyone is talking new/remaster metal wolf chaos!?

ever sleeping is where you hosed up

beep by grandpa posted:

I get mad as gently caress every day I am reminded that my posts aren't good enough to make it into a BeanpolePeckerwood post

:coolfish::hf::cthulhu:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 9, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

I love the idea of gaming on my couch because of being able to kick back and relax but it's a lie because any time I need even a little concentration or focus I scooch up to the edge of the seat and lean in. So unless the game is turned based or a pure puzzler or in a lengthy story section I'm in the Action Pose most of the time and probably doing wonders for my spine.

I did that but then I realized I just needed to move the sofa closer to the TV. LEIF HACKS!!!

e: I meant LIFE but :shrug:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I like playing in the lounge because I'm one of those people that talks to the game and when I'm on a roll in a from game my character develops a high pitched English accent as I yell "HAHA" and "A MIGHTY BLOW" at the tv in between various enemy based taunts like "COME HITHER VILE FISHMAN, SHOW ME YOUR GILLS".

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerry Cotton posted:

I did that but then I realized I just needed to move the sofa closer to the TV. LEIF HACKS!!!

e: I meant LIFE but :shrug:

It's not about vision, though. I can see fine. If I moved my couch closer I would still lean in. Been doing it since I was a kid, even when I was sitting on the floor and could put my face up against the TV (if I wanted to). It's just about being in the zone and I can't do it sitting back all comfortable.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I get mad as gently caress every day I am reminded that my posts aren't good enough to make it into a BeanpolePeckerwood post

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I added you retroactively, my homeskillet

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

beep by grandpa posted:

I like you better

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

*adjusts fedora* Hmph!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lobok posted:

It's not about vision, though. I can see fine. If I moved my couch closer I would still lean in. Been doing it since I was a kid, even when I was sitting on the floor and could put my face up against the TV (if I wanted to). It's just about being in the zone and I can't do it sitting back all comfortable.

No no you see when you are close to the TV, if you lean in you won't actually see poo poo so you learn to lean back. At least it worked for me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

I like you better

Well... , gently caress.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I used to be one of the PC Master Racers a long time ago. But ever since I started having back problems a couple of decades ago I can't comfortably sit in front of a PC for any decent length of time, so I slowly made the transition to console-only. I think it's worked out well overall since there are so many awesome PS exclusives that I never would have been able to play on PC, and playing games on a large TV is better than playing them on a small monitor.

Twin stick controls used to annoy the poo poo out of me (especially for FPSs) but I'm so used to them now that my KB+M skills have probably atrophied to a horrific level.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerry Cotton posted:

No no you see when you are close to the TV, if you lean in you won't actually see poo poo so you learn to lean back. At least it worked for me.

The only time this worked for me was back in the PS2 days when my setup was a tiny CRT TV on top of my dresser and me in a big ol' computer chair. Because of its height and balance and the lack of space in my room, leaning forward really didn't work.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Well... , gently caress.

Still appreciate you. Bloodsouls....ok. but msgv despite is flaws is goddam glorious to play. Sorry

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just beat a hat in time again. God I love this game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Still appreciate you. Bloodsouls....ok. but msgv despite is flaws is goddam glorious to play. Sorry

It plays very well. :)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I do wish I could buy a non smart TV, tbh, since my PS4 does all that poo poo anyway.

I don't have one nor do I want one (I have multiple game consoles that give me all the benefits of a smart TV), all I was pointing out was that when I go to get a new TV someday it's going to most likely be smart and a 4k because that's the new standard and not some fad that's going to fade away anytime soon. (At least until there's like 8k AI powered TVs or something).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrNutt posted:

I don't have one nor do I want one (I have multiple game consoles that give me all the benefits of a smart TV), all I was pointing out was that when I go to get a new TV someday it's going to most likely be smart and a 4k because that's the new standard and not some fad that's going to fade away anytime soon. (At least until there's like 8k AI powered TVs or something).

Every "Smart TV" (so, in effect, every TV newer than the Bravia I have since it was the last one to not have some sort of non-TV-related functions) I've used has been poo poo-slow no matter what you try to do in the menus, like even changing the channel. What's up with that?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Well... , gently caress.

Gots drunk. So here's drunk post. I do appreciate you and know your posts by name.

Highest drunk praise. Keep it up friend.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Every "Smart TV" (so, in effect, every TV newer than the Bravia I have since it was the last one to not have some sort of non-TV-related functions) I've used has been poo poo-slow no matter what you try to do in the menus, like even changing the channel. What's up with that?
its cause they prioritize good looking menus that are impressive in advertisements and in the showroom, but are too underpowered to render their fancy high res UI and nor do they really care about usability to begin with because at that point you already bought the dang thing.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

The future is cool until a firmware update fucks up the HDR handshake between shadow the colossus and your TV, causing it to crash if you enable the feature. I'm looking at you Sony. It took them a couple of weeks to release another patch. Since then I'v disabled updates and disconnected internet since everything is all working right now. Plus, the Ps4 is way better as a media device and so much faster than anything in the TV.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
All I need my TV to do is turn on and let my receiver and game consoles do the rest, I don't even have cable or antenna. I would like 4k but as long as my TV keeps on ticking it does the job. It's going on like 11 years old now but it's still got a great picture.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I like my tvs dumb as poo poo like my phones. I also put tape over my computer's webcam like a fool.

Piece of mind is irrational stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like my tvs dumb as poo poo like my phones. I also put tape over my computer's webcam like a fool.

Piece of mind is irrational stuff.

Freedom to jack off all over the apartment

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Freedom to jack off all over the apartment

Grab life by the balls, friend-o

:fap: :shlick:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I also put tape over my computer's webcam like a fool.

I respect this

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Played about an hour of Horizon on Hard mode.

The game looks pretty, damm. And apparently has dynamic weather since I wandered into a rainstorm?

I got strong Metal Gear vibes from the stealth gameplay and thats good.

Im really looking forward to playing more.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrNutt posted:

All I need my TV to do is turn on and let my receiver and game consoles do the rest, I don't even have cable or antenna. I would like 4k but as long as my TV keeps on ticking it does the job. It's going on like 11 years old now but it's still got a great picture.

We've got three government-run channels and especially the "Culture & Swedish" channel often has some good stuff so I do actually watch TV on my TV. Can't watch anything on the channels with advertising breaks though, they make me physically uneasy.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jerry Cotton posted:

We've got three government-run channels and especially the "Culture & Swedish" channel often has some good stuff so I do actually watch TV on my TV. Can't watch anything on the channels with advertising breaks though, they make me physically uneasy.

I live in the US sooooo. Yeah. We'll see if PBS survives through 2020 I guess.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Are you kidding me? Dark Souls Remastered is all a blocked cutscene, so I can't play my own music in the background. The gently caress!?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

didn't the original release block you from being in a party on xbox or something? they can be weird about that stuff

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I played through on Xbox 360 with background music pretty easily. Was pretty disappointed when I couldn't when I switched to the PS3 version. I thought we were past this. I usually listened to background music when I get tired of the silence. Or pop on The Trooper to psych myself up when a boss has killed me fifty times.

I was gonna listen to Secret of Mana+ too. :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What's the point of blocked scenes anyway. Yakuza 0 does this during sidestory bits where you have to play an arcade game. Ratchet & Clank 2016 did it during cutscenes but part of me wonders if they did that so people wouldn't upload it to youtube and get popped for copyright infringement on the movie, which had the same scenes. Other than that idgi. Doesn't Persona 5 do it for the entire game?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea p5 won't let you share anything. tales of bersaria does the same thing. idk what they think it accomplishes tho

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Persona 5 got really annoying because it would turn the blocked scenes off and on within the same minute or so.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im so glad that notification can be turned off forever

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

Are you kidding me? Dark Souls Remastered is all a blocked cutscene, so I can't play my own music in the background. The gently caress!?
Japanese devs are like gently caress your everything about that.

edit: for years I didn't know I could turn the notification off though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's usually because Japanese companies get real loving weird about music licensing when it come to streaming but the only justification you get is Atlus' bullshit about 'not wanting people to stream spoilers'.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's an extra kick in the dick because I'm not even trying to stream, and I've used background music options for the rest of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

It's usually because Japanese companies get real loving weird about music licensing when it come to streaming but the only justification you get is Atlus' bullshit about 'not wanting people to stream spoilers'.

Japan is batshit about licensing in general, but music licensing seems to be particularly baroque.