Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Kikas posted:

Well thats what Pokemon Go did and 2 years later we're just now at Gen 3. But I doubt that's gonna happen with Let's Go games, cause where would you put those Pokemon? Kanto is a small region after all.

Turns out there's another 16 islands in the Sevii Islands Archipelago...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Unless Let's Go has some ""value-added services"" like Go itself, I have a feeling that they'll release sequels instead of DLC.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CascadeBeta posted:

I think they confirmed alolan forms would be there which makes it even more confusing re: babies/evos.

The Alolan Forms are likely there by mandate, since this is a Gen 7 game still, so it has to keep the Gen 7 gimmicks (like how ORAS had Mega Evolution). That said, the entire point of said forms is that they appear because the Pokemon aren't in Kanto, so I have no idea how they'll implement or justify them.
If anything, a more logical thing to do would've been to not limit themselves to 150 Pokemon and add Kantonian Forms of newer mons...but I guess that just isn't nostalgiabaity enough.

Zuzie posted:

I'm convinced that the reason for the restriction is that's how many are going to be there at launch. However, the game will also have rolling updates and patches in the same way that other Switch games such as Mario Odyssey and Kirby Allies have. They'll introduce more Pokémon in batches in these updates.

I doubt it. It makes no sense in Pokemon itself to do that, and it'd have to change encounter tables and heavily lower encounter chances if it doesn't add new areas. And it won't add new areas, because this is nostalgiabait, and because why do that when you can just sell Let's Go! Johto instead?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

indigi posted:

pixilate Sylveon@Life Orb with hyper beam, hyper voice, yawn, and protect is a goddamn beast in the Battle Tree

Was a hyper voice trainer added in USUM, or do you still need to bring one up from ORAS?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Oxyclean posted:

Was a hyper voice trainer added in USUM, or do you still need to bring one up from ORAS?

Yes in one of the surf shacks.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rudoku posted:

Yes in one of the surf shacks.

Nice!

Still no way to get an HA on an existing pokemon right? I remember getting some shiny eevees through breeding but I'm pretty sure they weren't HA. :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Oxyclean posted:

Nice!

Still no way to get an HA on an existing pokemon right? I remember getting some shiny eevees through breeding but I'm pretty sure they weren't HA. :(

Nope. You can switch between two regular abilities with Ability capsules but HAs need to be bred for.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Dialga's signature move: Dragon-type Hyper Beam
Palkia's signature move: Dragon-type Aeroblast

Talk about favoritism :lol:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Are there any pve battles besides defending the Elite Four where I can use legendaries? I feel bad for them, just wasting away in my boxes.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

less laughter posted:

Dialga's signature move: Dragon-type Hyper Beam
Palkia's signature move: Dragon-type Aeroblast

Talk about favoritism :lol:

Kinda worked the same way with Groudon and Kyogre’s abilities until someone making ORAS decided they really like Groudon.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Is this the place to get emotional support for getting my first shiny ever in an Abra that visited my camp in Quest

why does this never happen in the real games :sigh:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ROFL Octopus posted:

Kinda worked the same way with Groudon and Kyogre’s abilities until someone making ORAS decided they really like Groudon.

Poor Kyogre, constantly getting one-upped by Groudon

Not to mention the downpour theme is completely drowned out by the rain SFX whereas Groudon sets the freakin' sky on fire as one of the most nightmarish tunes in all of pokemon begins clawing at your eardrums

juche avocado posted:

Is this the place to get emotional support for getting my first shiny ever in an Abra that visited my camp in Quest

Took me fifteen years to encounter my first non-event shiny pokemon (Red Gyarados, for example) in the wild - a Numel in Alpha Sapphire

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

juche avocado posted:

I'm sorry, but you must keep hope that you'll get a shiny that actually matters someday.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I got a shiny Hawlucha in a smogon random battle where the opponent immediately conceded. :negative:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

juche avocado posted:

I got my first shiny in Y. It was a Graveler, while grinding to level up weak Pokémon for the dex. Thankfully I had a damp Psyduck with me, switched him in, Graveler immediately tried to self-destruct, and I caught him.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

My first shiny was a HootHoot in Heart Gold. He was a pretty good early game flying type but right around the time he evolved, he stopped pulling his weight damage-wise and into the box he went.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Appreciate the support group vibe :unsmith: Shiny Numel looks pretty dang cute. And shiny Geodude line looks surprisingly.... kinda lame? (sorry)

I feel pretty guilty about how much I like Quest. Abra is already an Alakazam and is kickin butt.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

juche avocado posted:

And shiny Geodude line looks surprisingly.... kinda lame? (sorry)

I named him Bubba Klump

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Shinies are ugly as gently caress.

Pokémon let’s go is going to be fun

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Pokemon Let's

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

IDONTPOST posted:

Shinies are ugly as gently caress.

Depends on the shiny. Some are improvements over the original, some are uglier, some are bright loving green, some are Garchomp.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Vinylshadow posted:

Took me fifteen years to encounter my first non-event shiny pokemon (Red Gyarados, for example) in the wild - a Numel in Alpha Sapphire

My first pokemon game was White and I've been playing them roughly as they come out since then (except for ORAS and USUM), and I've met exactly one wild shiny - a Petilil in Moon. My shiny Lilligant was the queen of my championship team :3:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaze Dragon posted:

Depends on the shiny. Some are improvements over the original, some are uglier, some are bright loving green, some are Garchomp.

I love that the response to this is making Mega Garchomp a gaudy and eye-searing shade of pink and purple

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

sharrrk posted:

Pokemon Let's

well yea this is how you get ghost eevee

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

shiny breloom is fall breloom and he rocks it

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

My very first wild shiny was in Gen IV and he was a shiny west sea Shellos. For reference, normal:

and shiny:

I was extremely disappointed bc I was like 14. I'd been so in love with the idea of finding a shiny... then it got shattered. In retrospect Shellos and Gastrodon are pretty cute and the subtle difference isn't so bad. I also found a shiny geodude in a swarm in X and named her Goldirocks, and then I found a shiny Pelipper in moon I named Seafoam. I no longer have Goldirocks, alas, she was lost when I couldn't figure out a way to transfer her out of a game along with my Diancie, so I traded to a friend so I could reset the game, then I forgot to ask for them back before I drifted away from that friend.

Now I breed the shinies I really want, except there's too many I really want and I get bored pretty quickly. Still managed to crank some out tho. Debating if I wanna attempt a shiny Cutiefly or Sandygast next.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have a shiny Pikachu and Golem from gen IV which are sorta unexciting, and a shiny Lycanroc and Altaria from gen VII, which are a lovely shade of blue and yellow, respectively.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I think part of the fun of finding a shiny is how unexpected they are. It's a fun feeling! Now that HMs are hopefully perma-cut from the game I can't really use Seafoam as a taxi but oh well.

Oh, I also caught some shinies through the ultra wormholes but that's not that special.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Zore posted:

Nope. You can switch between two regular abilities with Ability capsules but HAs need to be bred for.
It's still so stupid that the ability capsule can't do that, especially considering how expensive they are.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

U.T. Raptor posted:

It's still so stupid that the ability capsule can't do that, especially considering how expensive they are.

They were even more expensive in ORAS than they are now (200 BP to USUM's 100)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

U.T. Raptor posted:

Not really. They're supposed to be special.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

It also works the opposite way too; if you have a Pokemon with a hidden ability, an ability capsule won’t work on it.

It’s an incredibly fail item.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Chill Penguin posted:

I think it's really dumb if it truly is a strict "original 150" pokédex and doesn't include the added evolutions and baby forms from later generations. Also, throw some Alolan forms in there, at least the less climate-related ones (Rattata, Meowth)

yeah, I feel like by all rights the Kanto Pokedex shouldn't ignore the Pokemon related to the originals. It'd be too much like in FRLG when your Golbat just won't evolve, for REASONS. :smith:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

It also works the opposite way too; if you have a Pokemon with a hidden ability, an ability capsule won’t work on it.

It’s an incredibly fail item.

You try landing the right ability for Porygon-Z when you gotta trade that internet duck two drat times to get the evo

They have their use

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Spatula City posted:

yeah, I feel like by all rights the Kanto Pokedex shouldn't ignore the Pokemon related to the originals. It'd be too much like in FRLG when your Golbat just won't evolve, for REASONS. :smith:

because your pokemon don't love you in frlg

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
in the kanto region, love is dead

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i hope they wipe kanto off the freaking map

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Ya'll are all being so bitter, and forgetting what really matters.

We're gonna be able to put Bulbasaur in a hat, and that means we might get a wizard bulbasaur.

Also some cool entirely cut gen 2 guys:

(they're both my art, got a new sketch book and I like drawing these guys when I'm not sure what else to draw)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Those are nice but you can't put bulbasaur in a hat, just Pikachu or eevee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Im gonna get so many hats for my eevee.

Im excited, but i agree that 151-only pokedex is a mistake.