Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shere posted:

I, too, vindictively want a fictional character to die.

Hell, if it’s a child abuser I’m happy to move past fictional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

ChronoReverse posted:

With Twice's power, AFO could acquire unlimited copies of quirks for that matter.

You can take it further with another strategic kidnapping: Monoma.

- Take Monoma's copy power
- Give it to Toga
- Send out agents to steal hero's blood
- Toga transforms and copy's the power
- Twice dupes
- Super Noumu with hero's powers.

If you did it right you could end up with a horde of nega-hero Noumu that the Heroes would be completely taken off guard by, assuming you kept it on the down low well enough. Hell I'm sure you could do it super stealthy by getting a spy into a hospital and carefully stealing samples from any hero that came in for care or even a check up.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wow why do you want Todoroki's mom to die? We weren't even talking about her.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
hey anime thread guy if you're reading this

Spiritus Nox posted:

I will say, I hope All Might survives the fight. He'll almost certainly at least get too injured to ever seriously use OfA again and that's fine with me, but having him straight up lose and die to AfO feels too predictable and easy to me.

dont do this poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

rumble in the bunghole posted:

hey anime thread guy if you're reading this

dont do this poo poo

hey rumble in the bungle

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Crain posted:

You can take it further with another strategic kidnapping: Monoma.

- Take Monoma's copy power
- Give it to Toga
- Send out agents to steal hero's blood
- Toga transforms and copy's the power
- Twice dupes
- Super Noumu with hero's powers.

If you did it right you could end up with a horde of nega-hero Noumu that the Heroes would be completely taken off guard by, assuming you kept it on the down low well enough. Hell I'm sure you could do it super stealthy by getting a spy into a hospital and carefully stealing samples from any hero that came in for care or even a check up.

Monoma’s copied Quirks only last fifteen minutes before expiring

Also he’s so awful AfO would 100% be unable to resist just splattering him

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Hawks is actually legit kinda interesting provided he's not working some major grift here.

He's clearly kind of a self aggrandizing prick but he does care about the gig, and his motivation isn't unreasonable.

He's basically the opposite of Stain's ideals, a hero who's in it for the fame and who just wants to take it easy. But so far, he's also, you know, an alright enough guy.

He's a very different character from Deku, Bakugo, and All Might.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Hawks likes Tokoyami.

He's cool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

He's basically the opposite of Stain's ideals, a hero who's in it for the fame and who just wants to take it easy. But so far, he's also, you know, an alright enough guy.

He's a very different character from Deku, Bakugo, and All Might.

He wants to be a hero so the world can be a good enough and safe enough place that he can slack off and chill. Like his desire to take it easy comes in the form of wanting to make the world better and give people a more secure and peaceful life.

Also he doesn't seem to care about fame at all from what he's saying, in fact he seems like he'd prefer to be a nobody that could get away with just taking it easy and having a relaxed life.

Stain would still absolutely despise him though, yeah.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Stain would still absolutely despise him though, yeah.

Which to be fair is not always a bad thing. Nighteye was quite correct in struggling to process the insanity that lies within both Deku and All-Might to be willing to do what they do. Yes it does mean that they do very heroic things but it means being willing to go for unimaginable torment in order for victory to be achieved. That is why I hope that the end game is to literally form a justice league of sorts to that the burden of protecting society is spread out among the hero community instead of just one individual being sacrificed to keep everything going,

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If we're going to cover all the differing perspectives and attempts at heroism I want the MHA equivalent of SixPack and Section Eight.

No, Crawler/PopStep/Knuckleduster do not count. They are far, far, far more competent than Section Eight.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm liking the Endeavor arc but I'm reading MHA because of Deku and Class A. :negative:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Why? Class B is better.

Monoma is basically the real hero.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 9, 2018

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hawks basically has the same world view that I have (that we should make the world a better place so everyone can just chill and enjoy life) so he's automatically the coolest hero

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The finger on the monkey's paw closes...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shere posted:

I, too, vindictively want a fictional character to die.

Same. Eat poo poo and die, Ward!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Which to be fair is not always a bad thing. Nighteye was quite correct in struggling to process the insanity that lies within both Deku and All-Might to be willing to do what they do. Yes it does mean that they do very heroic things but it means being willing to go for unimaginable torment in order for victory to be achieved. That is why I hope that the end game is to literally form a justice league of sorts to that the burden of protecting society is spread out among the hero community instead of just one individual being sacrificed to keep everything going,

The problem with that is that Deku and All-Might aren't being sacrificed. Everyone else was trying to make them hold back. They're tossing themselves on the nearest grenade, and they'll run half a mile to do it.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

If Hawks is legit then he's one of the most genuinely heroic 'heroes' around and is pretty much the best one other than All Might we've seen. In a world where being a hero is a job he's the only one who wants to make himself essentially unemployed. Also his 'lol I'm super lazy and chill' shtick is clearly bullshit, this guy flew around the country to check out rumors. IMO everything he's done has reinforced that he's extremely smart, hard working and competent and his public face is an act.

On the other hand I'm really drat suspicious of the timing here. The Noumu just happens to show up right now after he bought Endeavor there. I know this is 'Convenient Timing: The Manga', but come on.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the bird guy is cool
the uraraka pop is not.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the bird guy is cool
the uraraka pop is not.

Truth.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
New Vigilantes!

Koichi learns a new move, Fatgum appears, and someone's selling drugs at a mascot event and Tsukauchi might be suspicious of Pop Step!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nephthys posted:

If Hawks is legit then he's one of the most genuinely heroic 'heroes' around and is pretty much the best one other than All Might we've seen. In a world where being a hero is a job he's the only one who wants to make himself essentially unemployed. Also his 'lol I'm super lazy and chill' shtick is clearly bullshit, this guy flew around the country to check out rumors. IMO everything he's done has reinforced that he's extremely smart, hard working and competent and his public face is an act.

On the other hand I'm really drat suspicious of the timing here. The Noumu just happens to show up right now after he bought Endeavor there. I know this is 'Convenient Timing: The Manga', but come on.

Hawks just spent the whole time casually helping people I don't think it would be too hard to track them down and follow them. Didn't help he was taking selfies with a fan.

Or the Noumu could have some sort tracking quirk and could be a sentient heat seeking missle.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

coincidence-wise this is definitely a step down in fortuitousness from "deku bumps into eri on the street" and "deku happens to run across gentle criminal after watching his youtube by accident"

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Hawks is a lot more versatile than I was expecting. Endeavor's new techniques are baller, but I want to see what High End can do. Intelligence and multiple quirks are cool, combining them would be even cooler.

The internet is too fast.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nephthys posted:

I don't know if Horikoshi is going for this but being a hard working lazy person is a thing though. If he's legit, Hawks would be the kind of lazy where he works extremely hard to set things up so that he can continue being lazy (smart lazy).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have high hopes for the next episode of the anime. Biggest thing I want is for them to stretch out the initial fight of All Might and All for One. Episode ends with him protecting the woman that's trapped and smoke clears to show his thin form all roughed up. Smash cut to credits.

Preview for the episode after that is just imagery like him curled over the flame and Deku and Bakugo crying just for maximum fuckery :v:

Laughing irl right now

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Why? Class B is better.

Monoma is basically the real hero.

You say that, but if the movies are basically where they put the "filler" I would totally watch a Class B movie.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Next week’s episode is gonna be so good, a lot of people in the anime thread think All Might is gonna die

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

New Vigilantes!

Koichi learns a new move, Fatgum appears, and someone's selling drugs at a mascot event and Tsukauchi might be suspicious of Pop Step!

Koichi turning into Spiderman makes complete sense and would be great.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Nephthys posted:

That's my take here. Not only is the timing suspicious but Hawk's emphasis on appearances (popularity) throw up a red flag to me, in addition to his stated end goal being, basically, to turn Endeavor into another All Might (a hero who stops crime by simply existing, allowing other heroes to take it easily.)

Which y'know, is a step back.

Or in other words: if Endeavor is starting to look like the new All Might, then Hawks is starting to look like the new Endeavor. Only instead of wanting to be #1, Hawks just wants to be lazy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Koichi turning into Spiderman makes complete sense and would be great.
It's basically becoming a larger and larger tragedy that he never became a hero. It's clear that with good mentors and continued development of his quirk that he could have been at the minimum a really good rescue hero

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Carlosologist posted:

Next week’s episode is gonna be so good, a lot of people in the anime thread think All Might is gonna die

Well, in a way, All Might does die that day.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm wondering how much the search and rescue field has been folded into the hero industry. I feel like there are probably a lot of people who could benefit from the training heroes get for purposes of rescuing people from disasters without the heavy focus on combat capabilities. I feel like Koichi could prosper in a system like that, seeing as how he's tending to avoid combat already.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Just you want until he learns he can repel air like bullets from his palms and feet.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
A combo of Spider-Man and Iron Man?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Any super hero's power can be completely broken given enough inventiveness and training.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Or enough lifetimes spent accumulating it in the case of OfA, which if it goes on for many more generations will eventually become One Punch Man levels of broken.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how long until one for all is physically impossible for anyone to use

do they just find a super regen guy every generation and hope he's not a dick

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Speaking of regeneration, when I saw that mentioned in the anime recently, and watched some theory videos about other stuff that we have gone over in the past, it made me wonder something.

So the theory goes that the doctor that said Deku had no quirk was the same doctor in the shadows talking with All For One. And that he may have been helping AFO steal quirks. The theory goes on that maybe Deku originally had a quirk and that it was stolen. The bit with the x-ray could have been a lie to mislead the family, or just a random x-ray shown to imply that Deku still had the extra joint.

The theory may have some merit, but what interested me was when I thought about the comment that if only they had gotten the regeneration quirk sooner. Of course it doesn't say how recently they acquired the regeneration quirk, but if it was years ago then perhaps it actually came from Deku? After all regeneration is a quirk that might not really be noticeable, unless you get injured a lot. It didn't really seem like Deku got hurt a lot before the whole no quirk medical consultation.

Of course depending on when AFO and All Might fought, and when that medical consultation was, and when AFO gained the regeneration quirk could completely negate the theory.

I just thought it was interesting, because a regeneration quirk would have been rather insane with One For All.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

They fought 6 years ago so Deku would be like 8. Also his quirk would've been some combo of telekinesis and fire breathing. (pyrokinesis?)