Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sakurazuka posted:

Is that the 'everything explodes into cubes' guy?
Yeah. That's increasingly becoming a lot of key animators though anymore.

He's real good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
He's also the guy who did like all the Cowboy Bebop fight scenes

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Also Sword of the Stranger, the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime, Soul Eater, and Space Dandy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Basically, he's a god among animators and I am super hype.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Falco's Bizarre Adventure and Kakashi-sensei but terrifying had me crying

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
reminds me of that one video that described bakugo and aoyama as "gunpowder gelatin & dynamite with a laser beam"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

Falco's Bizarre Adventure and Kakashi-sensei but terrifying had me crying

I'm partial to "...bitch." myself.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
"Hot Topic."

Lol

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Is that the 'everything explodes into cubes' guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soTjJ7tsL5A

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

"Rogue but annoying"

So... Rogue?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Rogue was tragic, more than annoying. Were you thinking of Jubilee?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Jubilee is wonderfully 90s

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Oxxidation posted:

reminds me of that one video that described bakugo and aoyama as "gunpowder gelatin & dynamite with a laser beam"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA0XmlvFsg0

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/funimation/status/1004679782016126976?s=21

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Movie synopsis:

"The climactic finals are over, and U.A. is getting ready for the summer training camp. Deku and All Might receive an invitation from a certain person to go overseas to a giant artificial moving city called I-Island. This island, a kind of “science Hollywood” that gathers the knowledge of scientists from around the world, is holding an exhibition called I-Expo showcasing the results of Quirk and hero item research. In the midst of all this, Deku meets a Quirkless girl named Melissa and remembers his own Quirkless past. Out of the blue, the impregnable security system the island boasts is hacked by villains, and all the people on the island are taken as hostages! Now, a plan that could shake hero society has been put into motion! The man who holds the key to it all is the number one hero and Symbol of Peace, All Might."

Poor Deku just wanted to go on vacation with his Dad Might and then someone had to pull this poo poo on him.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 7, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Is this the first time we've seen All-Might's eyes like this? They look a lot different

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Is this the first time we've seen All-Might's eyes like this? They look a lot different

Yeah, and he also looks younger. You can get a better look at it in the teaser trailer they released a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkNNagLty8g

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

CharlestonJew posted:

Rumor has it it's from a flashback of young AM right after he started his career.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Taking "bright-eyed youth" literally, are they?

All Might looks weird without his Dramatic Comic Book Lighting Effect Quirk in play

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vinylshadow posted:

Taking "bright-eyed youth" literally, are they?

All Might looks weird without his Dramatic Comic Book Lighting Effect Quirk in play

For some reason it makes me notice his massive forehead way more

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Spiritus Nox posted:

For some reason it makes me notice his massive forehead way more

Makes sense - hard to see what's usually in shadow

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It might be worth noting that Midoriya is, IIRC, the 9th successor to One for All, and even if each of them only had the power for, hell, 5 years on average before passing it on, that means All for One is loving old.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Movie synopsis:

"The climactic finals are over, and U.A. is getting ready for the summer training camp. Deku and All Might receive an invitation from a certain person to go overseas to a giant artificial moving city called I-Island. This island, a kind of “science Hollywood” that gathers the knowledge of scientists from around the world, is holding an exhibition called I-Expo showcasing the results of Quirk and hero item research. In the midst of all this, Deku meets a Quirkless girl named Melissa and remembers his own Quirkless past. Out of the blue, the impregnable security system the island boasts is hacked by villains, and all the people on the island are taken as hostages! Now, a plan that could shake hero society has been put into motion! The man who holds the key to it all is the number one hero and Symbol of Peace, All Might."

Poor Deku just wanted to go on vacation with his Dad Might and then someone had to pull this poo poo on him.

I'm glad the filler episodes are being confined to movies.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWFzTUHYIw0

Trailer for the next episodes

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 8, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Trailer for the next two episodes*

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm hype

can't wait for all might to loving die

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ninjewtsu posted:

i'm hype

can't wait for all might to loving die

Can't wait for him to become yet another Force Ghost who then comes into class as such and wonders why everyone is freaking out

Give me a Poker Night with all the incarnations of One For All omake k thx

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Every man dies. Not every man punches Darth Vader in a suit.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Ughhhh this poo poo is going to be so hype!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

All might dying immediately after UA just got raked over the coals for allowing children to be endangered would probably topple the hero society the way the LoV wanted

So much of the current society is built off all might being the symbol of peace, and he's about the throw down with the only believable threat to him that exists. Even a mutual kill (obviously not going to happen) would have some pretty ridiculous social ramifications. Until deku's way trained up, a replacement for all might doesn't really exist (sorry endeavor)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Oh good, I was really hoping they'd do this in two so it would get the time it needs. This is going to be something else.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh no I'm already :qq:ing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I better hear You Say Run Mark 3

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jet Set Run Future

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I will say, I hope All Might survives the fight. He'll almost certainly at least get too injured to ever seriously use OfA again and that's fine with me, but having him straight up lose and die to AfO feels too predictable and easy to me.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Spiritus Nox posted:

I will say, I hope All Might survives the fight. He'll almost certainly at least get too injured to ever seriously use OfA again and that's fine with me, but having him straight up lose and die to AfO feels too predictable and easy to me.

But Obi-Wan has to die so Luke can kill Vader

Wait...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

loving hell.

RIP Best Jeanist

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

The next episode preview has what I would call a pretty big spoiler in it, so watch out for that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Momomo posted:

Sure, they say there's going to be no combat from them, but there's no way that's actually happening.
Get punked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
hey new episode.

That loving expression on Iida when he realized Deku was about to do something