Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
It's not super active, probably won't be until new content is released. A lot of people leave to make their own personal cabals for inventory purposes and coordinate activities via discord, though that's pretty quiet. If you're looking for folks to run content with regularly you should look elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The new update didn’t really feel very ‘secret world’ to me so I kinda fizzled out.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Bonus event until the 14th for 1 extra SP/AP every time one is earned. Fingers crossed they do double XP for the anniversary event later this month. That would help with the slow progression.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I played this near launch and have a pistol/shotgun toon that is in egypt.

I really liked the story (until egypt) and the game was easy enough solo (until egypt) and was looking to play sometyhing to kill some time.

Should i keep up with the same toon or change to a hammer/shotgun?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

There's not really any reason to switch, unless you want to. If anything, you probably don't have many hammer passives or a weapon as built up as your two main ones yet, so switching would be a speed bump at first.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'd switch for diversity's sake. Try some of the other ones and see if you like them. Or maybe you'll find a better combination. Though, you might want to stock up on some AP/SP before switching so you can buy some actives/passives.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
You should be fine with pistols/shotgun, post your build so we can give advice.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Since the re-launch I've never swapped my weapons from the pistols/chaos combo I started with. Well I swapped them out for higher quality replacements but you know what I mean.

If I was starting over I'd potentially replace the chaos with a shotgun for better synergy. Would keep the pistols though, they're great.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I use a Double-barrelled shotgun secondary with the Odds & Evens passive so it's always on "even" and the 5-energy single-target active. It's an absolute monster.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

When i mean switch, i mean as reroll a new character. I know there is no chance of just changing unless you've prepared for it.

As for my build.... hmm let me log in and see.

Edit

Actives

Pistols- Unload, All in

Shotgun - rocket pod

Passives

Pistol - High roller, leathal aim, 2nd wind

Shotgun - Reinforced rockets, restortative reload

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 10, 2018

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hello Sailor posted:

I use a Double-barrelled shotgun secondary with the Odds & Evens passive so it's always on "even" and the 5-energy single-target active. It's an absolute monster.

I have this same setup as well (with hammer mainhand) and it works really well.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Ossipago posted:

Bonus event until the 14th for 1 extra SP/AP every time one is earned.

Which would be more exciting if I hadn't capped months ago, and I imagine there's a number of other players who have been playing since the beginning of the relaunch who are in the same position. They had mentioned a while ago that they were looking into adding in additional weapon types, but nothing more has been said about it and they haven't added in any other form of AP/SP dump. I will acknowledge that I found stuff like the augment system to be frustrating when I came into TSW after the fact (when it was put in for people in my current position who had been sitting on a ton of AP with nothing to do with it), and I imagine that the reason for the cap is to keep people from banking up AP/SP and blitzing through any new trees they DO eventually put in, but as it currently stands, all the XP I'm earning is completely worthless.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I wonder what % of the playerbase is at cap. I've been playing since early access for TSW folks but am only about halfway there. This event should let me finish the last of the crit and hit nodes, which is really all I care about at this point. Wouldn't mind getting the other weapons added back though. Would be great to have some whip RP.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Meskhenet posted:

When i mean switch, i mean as reroll a new character. I know there is no chance of just changing unless you've prepared for it.

Well, I think most of us are just talking about swapping weapons on the same character.

If you want to reroll, it can be fun to see the plot from another faction's perspective but if you just want to swap weapons I wouldn't bother.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Meskhenet posted:

As for my build.... hmm let me log in and see.
If that's the whole build (I assume you're using a basic ability too) then you're lacking aoe damage and using passives that apply to abilities you don't have equipped. I don't know what abilities you've unlocked so far but based on the ones you've listed, try using Controlled Shooting instead of Unload, put Flourish on your bar and fill the last slot with either Clean Slate or Reconstituting Shells (depending on which is available/easier to get) so you have an activated heal.

Longer term, I'd try something like this (assuming pistols in your mainhand): Hair Trigger, Unload, Both Barrels, Bullet Ballet, CQC, Reconstituting Shells as your actives and Deadly Dance, Double Down, Restorative Reload, Blast Barrels, Fatal Funnel as your passives. Use Unload on single targets, Both Barrels on packs of mobs and Bullet Ballet on everything. :v: Hit CQC whenever you see the target casting something or if you need an extra kick against a crowd of mobs.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Ossipago posted:

I wonder what % of the playerbase is at cap. I've been playing since early access for TSW folks but am only about halfway there.

I jumped in at the beginning of the TSW head-start as well. There was a period (up until I hit cap, basically) where I was making sure to log in and do both sets of daily challenges every day, prioritizing the highest XP zone I could do (CF before Tokyo was brought back in, and whatever gave the best XP in Tokyo afterwards since they changed things a couple times), and, once they were available, making sure that I did both story and Elite NYR every week. I also did every special event repeatedly until I had all the achievements from them. I got all the lore (short of that one golem lore that comes from the anniversary event) and hunted all the rare mobs. And I've been a patron since the beginning (Grandmaster status from TSW), so that further sped things up.

I'd heard about people being capped months before I was, so I wasn't even going that hard -- although, admittedly, harder than others (my friend, for example, capped a while after I did, even though he started when I did).

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 10, 2018

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

So the lairs. How easy is it to get a group together to do those when your running around in 1-2 pip lvl 6-10 blues (with some greens still)?

I just finished egypt i think but trying to 100%. (i probably should go back to the coast) (and ive got no more anima shards to upgrade stuff)

Or carry on with the story?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Meskhenet posted:

So the lairs. How easy is it to get a group together to do those when your running around in 1-2 pip lvl 6-10 blues (with some greens still)?

I just finished egypt i think but trying to 100%. (i probably should go back to the coast) (and ive got no more anima shards to upgrade stuff)

Or carry on with the story?
You don't need to complete the lair missions for the 100% achievements (which are worth getting because you get 10ap and 10sp for each you complete) but if you're able to get on around 6:30pm BST (on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Thursday) hit me up in game (character name is Pilchenstein) and I'll more than likely have room for you in one of my cabal runs.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
Anniversary event starts the 20th and runs through July 11. No additional details about it yet. [EDIT3] They announced on the launcher that the Tribal Cache would be going away when the event starts and that an anniversary cache would be taking its place. Still no details about the actual event.

I would assume a daily login reward that contains at least one of the golem pets, another golem pet as a reward for getting all the lore and/or the achievements, and a world boss (or bosses? didn't the golem world bosses have different abilities based on which zone it was?) accessed through Agartha that drops the others.

[EDIT] https://twitter.com/SecretWorldLgds/status/1007706811003277312
[EDIT2] https://twitter.com/SecretWorldLgds/status/1008831725848260608

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 19, 2018

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

You don't need to complete the lair missions for the 100% achievements (which are worth getting because you get 10ap and 10sp for each you complete) but if you're able to get on around 6:30pm BST (on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Thursday) hit me up in game (character name is Pilchenstein) and I'll more than likely have room for you in one of my cabal runs.

Sounds good, but that's 3:30 am my time :( and im too old to stay up that late anymore.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I logged on today and saw Agarthan caches going for rock bottom prices and figured some pubbies must be getting in a price war I could take advantage of, but after buying a dozen thought better of it and checked the SWL forums. Turns out they're bringing it back after the anniversary event: https://forums.funcom.com/t/tribal-cache-final-days/19023

Some of the drops from the cache go for a lot right now since they've been out of production for almost a year. Not for long (good for people like me who want the weapon skins).

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Copycat Zero posted:

Anniversary event starts the 20th and runs through July 11.

I would assume a daily login reward that contains at least one of the golem pets, another golem pet as a reward for getting all the lore and/or the achievements, and a world boss (or bosses? didn't the golem world bosses have different abilities based on which zone it was?) accessed through Agartha that drops the others.

Anniversary event is live. Haven't had a chance to log in to play yet, so no idea if I was completely off on how the old golem pets are acquired.

[EDIT] The event boss kills give you some sort of crystal that, when you collect 5 of them, can be used to give you one of the shem; the loot bags from the bosses also have a chance of giving you additional crystals. The two tweets I linked in my previous post are both cache rewards, rather than being directly tied to the event.

Also, the event has apparently been extended to the 17th (for some reason).

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 21, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ossipago posted:

I logged on today and saw Agarthan caches going for rock bottom prices and figured some pubbies must be getting in a price war I could take advantage of, but after buying a dozen thought better of it and checked the SWL forums. Turns out they're bringing it back after the anniversary event: https://forums.funcom.com/t/tribal-cache-final-days/19023

Some of the drops from the cache go for a lot right now since they've been out of production for almost a year. Not for long (good for people like me who want the weapon skins).

I'd argue that while they aren't top DPS best in slot weapons that the Agartha ones are maybe the best overall because your ability to self heal passively with them is through the roof.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Ossipago posted:

I've been sitting on some Agarthan caches mostly because I was on the fence of what I want to do with them. Did sell some for some decent marks a bit back.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
How poo poo is this game these days? I played abit around release and found it interesting, but ultimately boring.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
It's mostly played for the story. If you don't care for that then there's not much draw. Some weapons are more fun to play than others. I'm in an active cabal and find the endgame mechanics fun, but it's very dependent on who you group with.

The anniversary event is live right now so the population is healthy. This will simmer down in three weeks. It's a good time to try if you're on the fence.

Speaking of anniversary event, the best part is they brought back the baseball bat skin for hammer. That, and the cosmetics that drop from the hatekeeper fight sell for a lot of money on the AH. I've made an awful lot of cash in the last week.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I would like to thank the anonymous pubbie who listed that anima touched blade of energy for 500 currency by mistake.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

I would like to thank the anonymous pubbie who listed that anima touched blade of energy for 500 currency by mistake.

This is why I wish Eve's "you are about to list this at way to low a price. Are you sure you wish to lose money, dumbass?" pop up was in every game with a auction house. It would also be helpful if I don't know... you could see little unimportant details on an item you are selling like how much you are asking for it. Then you could see if you made a mistake or not.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Click "Ok" to receive 475.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ossipago posted:

Click "Ok" to receive 475.

Yeah I'm assuming they were blackout drunk or something.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005
I'm clearly doing something wrong. I'm level 43, my weapons and talismans are level 25 (or 20) and I can't upgrade them further, and I'm straight out of Inventory and Bank space due to all the weapon and talisman distillates I can't sell or dump anywhere. What am I doing wrong? Should I be buying bigger better weapons?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

burnsep posted:

I'm clearly doing something wrong. I'm level 43, my weapons and talismans are level 25 (or 20) and I can't upgrade them further, and I'm straight out of Inventory and Bank space due to all the weapon and talisman distillates I can't sell or dump anywhere. What am I doing wrong? Should I be buying bigger better weapons?

You can upgrade a talisman by a color if it's max level and you fuse in another max level same color talisman of the same type. Same for weapons.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You can upgrade a talisman by a color if it's max level and you fuse in another max level same color talisman of the same type. Same for weapons.
You can't go past blue quality until level 50 though, if I remember rightly.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

burnsep posted:

Say you have a blue head talisman capped at 25 and too many distillates. Get a couple of green head talismans, dump your distillates into them until they're capped, fuse to make a fresh blue, then dump more distillates until it's capped. Then when you're 50 you're ready to fuse your equipped blue and this extra blue to make a purple. When I was leveling I did this and had a full second set of capped blues for every slot so at 50 I went insta purple.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005
Thanks! I was just selling off my unused weapons and talismans and the distillates were piling up.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Is https://forums.funcom.com/t/how-to-build-all-weapons/881 a decent resource for cobbling together a solo build without thinking about it? I'm running hammer/shotgun, and I'm trying to figure out something that'll let me blow through all the combat stuff so I can see the story content.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Omi no Kami posted:

Is https://forums.funcom.com/t/how-to-build-all-weapons/881 a decent resource for cobbling together a solo build without thinking about it? I'm running hammer/shotgun, and I'm trying to figure out something that'll let me blow through all the combat stuff so I can see the story content.
I'm not at my pc so I hope I'm getting these ability names right but Obliterate, Raging Shot, Eruption, Reconstituting Shells and Close Quarters Combat, plus a hammer basic was my solo content build for most of the game.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm not at my pc so I hope I'm getting these ability names right but Obliterate, Raging Shot, Eruption, Reconstituting Shells and Close Quarters Combat, plus a hammer basic was my solo content build for most of the game.

Ooh perfect, thank you!! I feel so lazy asking for other people's setups, but I've bounced off of this game's combat I think four times in the past, so this is really helpful. :)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Holy poo poo they have real forums now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Omi no Kami posted:

Ooh perfect, thank you!! I feel so lazy asking for other people's setups, but I've bounced off of this game's combat I think four times in the past, so this is really helpful. :)
I meant to post a follow up because when I checked, I'd gotten a couple of the abilities wrong: Obliterate should have been Demolish, Raging Shot should have been Both Barrels and Close Quarters Combat is actually abbreviated to CQC on the ability name (in case that wasn't obvious :v:). Also, the hammer basic I'm using is Smash.

The passives I'm using are Restorative Reload, Annihilate, Blast Barrels, Fatal Funnel, and Fast and Furious. If you find yourself in need of extra healing (though Reconstituting Shells and Restorative Reload should be plenty), swap Fast and Furious for Forged in Fire.

Len posted:

Holy poo poo they have real forums now?
They do, try not to get too banned. :v: