Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Does anyone play Jurassic World Alive? I have a question about choosing my team. I have eight animals in the team but only four of them appear in battle, seemingly at random.

Is there a way to choose which ones actually show up to fight so I won't be caught off guard by a lovely party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ive been playing a bit and i dont think you can, you just want to fill out your top 8 slots with whatever your best options are and hope you dont get stung by unfortunate comp. im regretting not spending much time getting dna for dinos that dont hybridize now that ive gotten to the point where i can make a hybrid. it seems like to do that and then level it up you need to use dna from both of the parent dinosaurs, which means that those are going to be bottlenecked if you want to also improve the hybrid, whereas a dino that doesnt combine can keep leveling up

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Does anyone play Jurassic World Alive? I have a question about choosing my team. I have eight animals in the team but only four of them appear in battle, seemingly at random.

Is there a way to choose which ones actually show up to fight so I won't be caught off guard by a lovely party?

It's random from the pool of 8. I actually quite like the system as it means there's a bit more randomness in what you play with and against. You can't just power level your velociraptor and call it a day. (Though obviously still level your velociraptor as much as possible)

So far Eniasuchus is my only hybrid because it's from 2 really common dinos, still trying to get my Stegosaurus to lvl 10 so I can make it get down with a Triceratops.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can confirm velociraptor is way op

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
If raptors didn't crit they'd be fine.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Aramoro posted:

It's random from the pool of 8. I actually quite like the system as it means there's a bit more randomness in what you play with and against. You can't just power level your velociraptor and call it a day. (Though obviously still level your velociraptor as much as possible)

K good to know.

Raptor is pretty overpowered, yeah. I feel like they're more glass axes though because they have like half the HP of other animals at the same level and no armor. The absurd speed stat helps, though.

There doesn't seem to be many of them where I live anyway. Or does location even matter at all?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

K good to know.

Raptor is pretty overpowered, yeah. I feel like they're more glass axes though because they have like half the HP of other animals at the same level and no armor. The absurd speed stat helps, though.

There doesn't seem to be many of them where I live anyway. Or does location even matter at all?

I think someone said carnivores come out at night mostly. I'm tuning my team to be mostly dino's with a speed >125 and that is working out well for me. My team right now is

Velociraptor
Dimetrodon
Tanycolagreus
Parasaurolophus
Einiasuchus
Nundasuchus
Erlikosaurus Gen 2
Koolasuchus Gen 2

That's got me up to 1000 in the arena so far.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Aramoro posted:

I think someone said carnivores come out at night mostly. I'm tuning my team to be mostly dino's with a speed >125 and that is working out well for me. My team right now is

Velociraptor
Dimetrodon
Tanycolagreus
Parasaurolophus
Einiasuchus
Nundasuchus
Erlikosaurus Gen 2
Koolasuchus Gen 2

That's got me up to 1000 in the arena so far.

Yeah, speed seems like the god stat in this game. I don't know if I want to part with my big tanky herbivores though because I have a fondness for them, heh. Stegos tend to be pretty fast for what they are, from what I see.

I would kill for a Dimetrodon right now. One of my absolute favorite prehistoric animals.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

How's Jurassic Parkemon Go in rural areas? I want to recommend it to my brother, but I don't want to mention it if it's as lovely as Pokemon Go is.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah, speed seems like the god stat in this game. I don't know if I want to part with my big tanky herbivores though because I have a fondness for them, heh. Stegos tend to be pretty fast for what they are, from what I see.

I would kill for a Dimetrodon right now. One of my absolute favorite prehistoric animals.

Yeah I'm happy with my Dimetrodon and Parasaurolophus, 2 of my favourite dinos. I just got my Stegosaurus up to lvl 10 so might sub him in for a bit and see how he does, he can anti-raptor quite well with his speed debuff and armour.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Go RV! posted:

How's Jurassic Parkemon Go in rural areas? I want to recommend it to my brother, but I don't want to mention it if it's as lovely as Pokemon Go is.

As far as I know the supply drops and dinosaurs are distributed randomly. Like I live pretty far out in the countryside and there are a bunch of drop and dino's all around me.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Go RV! posted:

It doesn't use the Niantic infrastructure as far as I know, so it'll be different. I wouldn't be surprised if it's better. There are way more supply drops and animals around in my suburban neighborhood than there ever were Pokestops and pokemon. Lack of gym/territory control gimmick helps too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Stop goddamnit, you're making me want to install a game about catching invisible dinosaurs hiding in my office.

I played that Might and Magic Elementals whatever game for a couple days but I think I'm going to drop it. Its cute and inoffensive but I just don't get what I'm meant to be doing. I feel like I have eleventy zillion critters now and they all basically do the same amount of damage. I ended up with a 4-star guy and he seems about as effective as the 2-star you start with. I do like that the Android early adopter character is the little green Android mascot robot thing made to look like a green rock golem named Andy.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

New Leaf posted:

Stop goddamnit, you're making me want to install a game about catching invisible dinosaurs hiding in my office.

:getin:

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Seems like if you don't roll your velociraptor you should go with something really tanky like stegosaurus as your initial dino. Nothing worse than starting with a decent utharaptor just to get one-shot pounced by the opponents velociraptor.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
For some reason hearing the standard RPG discussion keywords with dinosaur names is loving hilarious and also making me want to play this game.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

Dimetrodon is great in this game. Just got an ankylosaurus, it wrecks Raptors.

There are some absolutely useless dinos in this game though, even amongst rares. I forget which one, but I have one with like 1k health that has moves designed for long slugout battles, except most every dino can take it out in 1-2 hits max.

Also, go by an AMC theater, there is a promo incubator that gives enormous amounts of dna for nothing. Got my Raptor up to 12 with it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can you get yutyrannus in that game?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Scipiotik posted:

Also, go by an AMC theater, there is a promo incubator that gives enormous amounts of dna for nothing. Got my Raptor up to 12 with it.

None in Canada, it seems :(. Maybe Cineplex has that box here instead.

Azhais posted:

Can you get yutyrannus in that game?

The only tyrannosaurids I've seen are Tyrannosaurus and Tarbosaurus. T. rex is pretty rare but I find tarbosaurs all over the place.

I wouldn't be surprised though. There are a lot of oddball weirdo species I encounter that I've never heard of and I'm a super dino nerd!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Does the Jurassic Park game care whether you're driving or walking like pokemon does?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

OxMan posted:

Does the Jurassic Park game care whether you're driving or walking like pokemon does?

It doesn't have any sort of distance travelled mechanic, so while it does warn you about moving too fast it'll still spawn stuff once you click that you're a passenger.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

OxMan posted:

You are shamed by Chris Pratt if the game thinks you're driving. You can tell the game you're a passenger and play normally though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
...I caught a raptor and some little 4-legged crocodile looking thing. What the gently caress am I doing..

This capture system is much more satisfying than Pokemon Go, though. I don't know why they gave me a drone with an 8 second battery to capture dangerous dinosaurs, though - they should probably rethink their design.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
In The Dog House is a charming looking sliding puzzle game by Nitrome that's out now and also on sale.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I don't know why they gave me a drone with an 8 second battery to capture dangerous dinosaurs, though - they should probably rethink their design.

Having watched the Jurassic Park films "they should probably rethink their design" could be the tag lines.

This might be obvious but I'll mention it anyway, you get more drone battery the closer you are the target when you launch. Also you don't use drone battery until you start moving you can leave it until the first target is massive before moving your drone, means your first hit can always be a direct hit.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Aramoro posted:

Also you don't use drone battery until you start moving you can leave it until the first target is massive before moving your drone, means your first hit can always be a direct hit.

The battery starts draining when you fire the first dart, I think. Not when you start moving.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Sad that Jurassic Go is way more fun than Pokemon Go. More fun captures and an actual pokemon battle system, although it's obviously poorly balanced.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
EA just announced a Clash Royale-esque Command and Conquer game for mobiles, which you can pre-register for a forthcoming "pre-alpha" test at the game's Play Store page.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Holy poo poo, a mobile game by EA? I cannot imagine how batshit insane their freemium model is going to be.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Holy poo poo, a mobile game by EA? I cannot imagine how batshit insane their freemium model is going to be.

EA already has lots of mobile games. Simpsons Tapped Out and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, to name a couple.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Vykk.Draygo posted:

EA already has lots of mobile games. Simpsons Tapped Out and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, to name a couple.

Thanks for making my point

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

EA just announced a Clash Royale-esque Command and Conquer game for mobiles, which you can pre-register for a forthcoming "pre-alpha" test at the game's Play Store page.

Rip C&C

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mrkillboy posted:

It's out now (I'm in the US fwiw)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What determines the level of incubator you get from battles in JW Alive?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

What determines the level of incubator you get from battles in JW Alive?

I believe how many dinosaurs you lose plays a part. I seem to get more epic ones when I go 3-0, but it's not 100% and I have only ever had 1 12hr one.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Bethesda just announced a new Elder Scrolls game called The Elder Scrolls: Blades that's available to pre-reg on Google Play, though the official site is offering a chance to get early access if you sign up there with a Bethesda.net account.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

syscall girl posted:

It's out now (I'm in the US fwiw)

nah i can't play it, and im in the us

i think only a select amount of people who pre-regged can play it atm

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

boy are my arms tired posted:

nah i can't play it, and im in the us

i think only a select amount of people who pre-regged can play it atm

You could try sign up via the testing program.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

mrkillboy posted:

You could try sign up via the testing program.

huh, thats neat, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

mrkillboy posted:

Bethesda just announced a new Elder Scrolls game called The Elder Scrolls: Blades that's available to pre-reg on Google Play, though the official site is offering a chance to get early access if you sign up there with a Bethesda.net account.

I will add that they are planning on also having a PC version, a VR version, and of course iOS, if you don't think your phone will be powerful enough for this.

A flagship phone will likely be fine running it.